Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Johner wrote: »
    I'm not missing this game. :( And we are having pints if I get a ticket. :)

Define ''pints''.... how many is that?????:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

A few before. :) And a lot after. :)

A few before. :) And a lot after. :)

Won't be having any before... Wanna be totally clear headed for this!!!

Afterwards is a different fish of kettle altogether. The thick will plotten then alright. Gee-eyedus in extremis...:)

One or two before to calm my nerves. :(

One or two before to calm my nerves. :(

No need for nerves... It'll be grand stuff. Don't be worrying.

Until/if we get the first goal I'll be bricking it. Always am no matter what match it is. :(

Haha, have to confess, I be the same. Must bring a radio with me so's I can keep up to date with the score in OT.

It'll be grand, just watch.

I can honestly see us beating them 4 or 5nil. They are terrible away from home.

With any luck...

3-0 up at halftime for us would be lovely! CARNIVAL AT HALFTIME!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

well it appears its going down to the wire this season boys, not so bad. home to wigan and we are on fire at the moment, would love to be over there but alas im a typical broke student in the middle of exam times. nice.
    had to celebrate last night as i cant go celebrating next weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I'm not missing this game. :( And we are having pints if I get a ticket. :)

there will be plenty of pints , Im looking forward to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Guys just to let you know if you dont alreadt, the ash cloud is back irish airspace is to be closed from tomorrow, seen it on RTE teletext there (i know i must be one of the few people who still use it) maybe you should look into a ferry.....

link to RTE website http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0503/ash.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Guys just to let you know if you dont alreadt, the ash cloud is back irish airspace is to be closed from tomorrow, seen it on RTE teletext there (i know i must be one of the few people who still use it) maybe you should look into a ferry.....

link to RTE website http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0503/ash.html

The wind direction is to change midweek , so hopefully it will be all good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

DazMarz wrote: »
    Haha, have to confess, I be the same. Must bring a radio with me so's I can keep up to date with the score in OT.

It'll be grand, just watch.

No Don't do that.
    This is whats gonna make me nervous, lets say it's 10 minutes gone,
    and it's still 0-0 (no panic normally) but united have gone 1-0 up.

Poxy commentators saying "As it stands now , Man U are champions" ...

no, I'm gonna watch this match on Chinese internet TV so i don't have a clue what the commentators are saying.

Silly season has begun already ,

80 million for Pato and Silva from milan.

http://www.footylatest.com/chelsea-preparing-a-sensational-e80-million-double-swoop/14023

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I just want to stat off by saying Sunday at about 3:10 was one of the happiest moments of my life, what a result and truth be told, we deserved to turn Liverpool over.

I absolutely cant wait for the weekend, I dont think we should worry at all people, Wigan have only won. I think 3 times away from home all season, the chances of them causing an upset are very slim, all goping well I expect to be supporting the new champions of England after the final whistle.

COME ON YOU BLUES!! ;)

gavredking wrote: »
    I just want to stat off by saying Sunday at about 3:10 was one of the happiest moments of my life, what a result and truth be told, we deserved to turn Liverpool over.

I absolutely cant wait for the weekend, I dont think we should worry at all people, Wigan have only won. I think 3 times away from home all season, the chances of them causing an upset are very slim, all goping well I expect to be supporting the new champions of England after the final whistle.

COME ON YOU BLUES!! ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/wigan_athletic/8658671.stm

Reckon SAF will be offering the wigan players a huge bonus if they can get a result ..

I hope the airspace is re-opened again in time for Sunday!!! Bloody volcano. Thought all that shíte had blown over... Scumbag volcano...

I hope the airspace is re-opened again in time for Sunday!!! Bloody volcano. Thought all that shíte had blown over... Scumbag volcano...

Hopefully anybody that is travelling to the game from here can make it and cheer us on to victory.

• Advertisement

I wasn't worried about the Liverpool game last week ... strange .. I was
    relaxed .. but ****kit im worried about sunday , i was dreaming last night united were winning and it was still 0-0 at 90 mins at the bridge :(:( ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

the_monkey wrote: »
    I wasn't worried about the Liverpool game last week ... strange .. I was
    relaxed .. but ****kit im worried about sunday , i was dreaming last night united were winning and it was still 0-0 at 90 mins at the bridge :(:( ..

lmao, your posts are actully making me laugh out loud!!! If i remember a week or so before the liverpool game you were saying you were very nervous about the chelsea game and i also remember you saying we had lost the league after the spurs game, in fact........

getting nervous about Sunday ... gonna be harder then we think since Liverpool are technically still in the hunt for 4th...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2948854/Steven-Gerrard-vows-We-wont-roll-over-for-Chelsea.html

:(

Thats a contradiction if there every was one, seriously though, i am in no way the biggest chelsea fan here (maybe the biggest armchair fan as i dont go to any of the games, i would if i could though) i tend to be more of a lurker than a poster cos i sometimes wouldnt know as much as other on here too, but im starting to ponder on the fact if you actully are a chelsea fan, id imagine 90% or more of the chelsea fans are excited about sunday more than anything, i know your entitled to your opinion but im starting to fell like your "the_monkey" on this threads back :rolleyes:

Youth Cup final second leg on tonight,would be brilliant if we could win it. I really think we will though we were by far the better side in the first leg(1-1) we hit the bar 3 times. :(

This is a good read here about the Youth Cup, :)

YOUTH CUP: THE FINAL PREVIEW
    Posted on: Tue 04 May 2010

Chelsea stand just 90 minutes of football and one win away from lifting the Barclays Premier League trophy. We stand just 90 minutes of football and one win away from lifting the FA Cup. We stand just 90 minutes of football and one win away from lifting the FA Youth Cup too.

The first of those chances to secure silverware comes tonight at Stamford Bridge.

Away goals do not decided two-legged ties in this famous competition for Under 18 players which dates back to the 1952/53 season.

So, following a 1-1 draw against Aston Villa at Villa Park last Thursday, the two teams kick-off on level pegging, except Chelsea can count on the support of what is guaranteed to be a sizeable crowd. Chelsea Brass will be playing before the match to help set the mood.

Uptake of tickets has been good and anyone wishing to join the thousands coming must buy tickets in advance (£3 for adults and £1 for juniors/seniors). The box office is open until 5pm. If you can't make it, Chelsea TV has exclusive live coverage. Kick off is 7.45pm. Chelsea TV coverage begins 6.30pm.

Anyone tuning in or turning up will see a Chelsea youth team that can justifiably claim to have held the upper hand in every game on route to tonight's deciding fixture.

THE CAMPAIGN
    Third Round - Charlton 1 Chelsea 2
    The cup run began on a cold night at The Valley in mid-December but it did not take Jeffrey Bruma long to warm up in what was his first youth team game of the season. He headed in Milan Lalkovic's free-kick inside half-an-hour. The young Blues made hard work of finishing off a Charlton side who threatened only briefly, but eventually Marko Mitrovic, guilty of earlier misses, slammed home Bruma's knockdown for a second goal and celebrated with gusto. Charlton's goal was too late to concern anyone and was the last one Chelsea would concede until the Final.

Fourth Round - Nottingham Forest 0 Chelsea 4
    A collection of players normally spread between youth and reserve teams was growing in understanding and at the City Ground it showed. Three of the goals came in the second half but this result was never in doubt, especially after a centre-back had headed the opener again - Danny Mills Pappoe this time after just eight minutes. Two more goals from Mitrovic and an outstanding long-range strike from Conor Clifford, who had picked himself up from a painful kick, sealed it. The defence stayed solid despite the loss of Bruma at half time to a hamstring injury. This was the night when left-winger Gokhan Tore (below), who had lacked games previously, announced himself on the scene with an eye-catching display.

0,,10268~8194898,00.jpg

Fifth Round - Chelsea 1 Portsmouth 0
    To Stamford Bridge for the first time and a win more comfortable than the scoreline suggests. Jacopo Sala and Mitrovic, twice, hit woodwork and there is a very good performance by the Pompey keeper, but Conor Clifford's winner was scored early enough to make the win stress-free.Another clean sheet despite the absence of the influential Bruma.

Sixth Round - Watford 0 Chelsea 4
    This quarter-final against a Watford side which had knocked out Liverpool at Anfield was the most one-sided game yet, the home side having just one genuine chance. Midfielder Kaby opened his account with the first goal (below) and Josh McEachran also broke his duck in the cup run with the fourth. Mitrovic had made it 2-0 by half time with his fourth of the competition, this time a penalty, while Bruma returned to score a goal that would have made any centre-forward proud.

0,,10268~8594622,00.jpg

Semi-final first leg - Blackburn 0 Chelsea 1
    Own goal added its name to the list of Chelsea scorers as Tom Hitchcock, Blackburn's centre-forward and son of former Chelsea goalie Kevin, diverted a Sala corner into his own net. A Lancashire side that had knocked out Man United and Everton gave Dermot Drummy's side their most physical contest yet and caused problems with pacy attackers but the young Chelsea players competed well and were thankful for a good Sam Walker save. Both sides were reduced to 10 men early in the second half, Kaby the Chelsea player dismissed. Bruma was hurried north having been on the bench for the Champions League 24 hours earlier.

Semi-final second leg - Chelsea 4 Blackburn 0
    The youngsters put on a show once a howler by the Blackburn keeper gifted Mitrovic a goal and ended an even opening to the game. Sala's calm finishing gave him his first two goals and Tore finally scored the goal his influential displays warranted. The team proved they could counter-attack while the defence stayed solid, and all despite the early loss to injury of captain Conor Clifford.

Final first leg - Aston Villla 1 Chelsea 1
    For the first time in the cup run Chelsea went behind in a game and responded well, playing the better football and making chances. For the second time the team hit the woodwork three times. The Villa goal came from a half-cleared set-piece in the first-half and it was from a deadball situation that the equaliser was netted, Bruma planting a free-kick in for his third goal.

THE TEAM
    With just a few injuries and suspensions along the way, Dermot Drummy's selection has been settled.

Sam Walker is ever-present and after a rusty start following a lengthy injury lay-off, the 18-year-old's confidence has risen and he has executed some important saves.

The defence has been outstanding as a unit. Both full-backs attack with menace and it's no surprise right-back Billy Clifford can also play in midfield. Left-back Aziz Deen-Conteh (like Clifford 17 years old) wasn't a guaranteed first choice but hasn't looked back since a given a start at Charlton. He also filled in well at centre-back when Jeffrey Bruma was injured. Now in his third FA Youth Cup campaign, this will be Bruma's last game in the competition and the 18-year-old has been praised for his attitude when asked to step down to this level of football. Rohan Ince made his first start in the cup campaign in the first leg of the Final due to an unfortunate training injury to previously ever-present Danny Mills Pappoe; the impressive schoolboy suffering a hamstring injury. However had 17-year-old Ince not been out most of the season himself with injury, he may well have been the original partner for Bruma. Ince, like Pappoe is 6ft 3in. He can also play midfield.

The midfield three used so far by Drummy is an alteration on the first team's shape. At youth level, two play deeper with one more advanced. So far the more-forward role has been handed to 17-year-old Josh McEachran. Slight of build but high on technique and vision, the England youth international started the cup run quietly but has increasingly brought his league game form to this competition. Captain and Ireland Under 21 international Conor Clifford (below) has taken one of the deeper midfield roles but has the engine to cover plenty of the pitch and will shoot from distance as soon as the chance is there.High commitment from the 18-year-old has meant some heavy knocks. Kaby was on the bench for the opening game but came on and has since held down his place with technically accomplished and creative displays. The industry of the 5ft 5in Portuguese 18-year-old has also pleased his manager.

0,,10268~8307860,00.jpg

Jacopo Sala is another option in midfield but the tall Italian 18-year-old is also regularly seen on the right of the front three. He is also given plenty of responsibility in taking set-pieces. Gokhan Tore has made the left-of-the-front-three role his and is guaranteed to take on his full-back and deliver crosses. A physically strong 18-year-old who plays for Turkey Under 21s. If Sala doesn't play right wing then Milan Lalkovic does and if the Slovakian doesn't start, he will usually come on. Another with good pace who can cut in and shoot.

Marko Mitrovic is the side's out-and-out centre-forward, the 17-year-old Swede having scored five times in the cup campaign. He is also the youth team's top scorer and appearance maker in all competitions with 15 goals from 27+1 appearances. He is 6ft 1in tall.

Other subs have been used sparingly. All in their first full-time year at Chelsea, the speedy Bobby Devyne is an alternative up front, Ben Sampayo is a right-back and George Saville is a midfielder who can also defend. Anton Rodgers, son of former Chelsea coach Brendan, was on the bench for the first leg of the Final and Aldi Haxhia was the sub keeper.

THE MANAGER
    Dermot Drummy was appointed youth team manager midway through last season having previously been in charge of our Under 16 schoolboy team. He joined Chelsea from the Arsenal Academy.

0,,10268~7598838,00.jpg

Dermot played youth team football for the Gunners in midfield and progressed to a professional level but was released at 19. He then moved to Blackpool and played in Division Two before going semi-professional at Hendon, Wealdstone and Enfield.

After retiring at 35, he returned to coach in junior football at Arsenal before seeking further career progression at Chelsea. He assisted Paul Clement in the 2007/08 run to the FA Youth Cup Final.

On tonight's game he says: 'As a coach and for the players, we appreciate people making the effort to come to our games. I feel we need the support of all of Chelsea.

'I have noticed the passion of the fans at the Bridge and the more we can get behind us against Villa, the more it will be like having a 12th man.'

THE HISTORY
    This is Chelsea's fifth FA Youth Cup Final.

We beat Preston in 1960 and Everton in 1961.

We lost to Wolves in 1958 and Man City in 2008.

Players who graduated from the 1960 or 1961 sides include Bobby Tambling, Peter Bonetti, Terry Venables, Ron Harris, Allan Harris and Bert Murray.

lmao, your posts are actully making me laugh out loud!!! If i remember a week or so before the liverpool game you were saying you were very nervous about the chelsea game and i also remember you saying we had lost the league after the spurs game, in fact........

Thats a contradiction if there every was one, seriously though, i am in no way the biggest chelsea fan here (maybe the biggest armchair fan as i dont go to any of the games, i would if i could though) i tend to be more of a lurker than a poster cos i sometimes wouldnt know as much as other on here too, but im starting to ponder on the fact if you actully are a chelsea fan, id imagine 90% or more of the chelsea fans are excited about sunday more than anything, i know your entitled to your opinion but im starting to fell like your "the_monkey" on this threads back :rolleyes:

Good point, when was that originally posted ?

maybe it's a case of hindsight and cos the liverpool game is done and dusted im "selectively remembering" emotions

My new jersey just arrived!!!! AAAAHH!!! It's lovely! Even with the red bits! Happier than anything now!!!:D

NOLAN '88' on the back of it too... Flight of fancy... I love it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

nice wan Daz, of course if it were me doing the purchasing i would have gotten "Up Urs
    Neville
    2010"
    largely because im a bitter oul runt!:D

My new jersey just arrived!!!! AAAAHH!!! It's lovely! Even with the red bits! Happier than anything now!!!:D

You get it from the chelsea online megastore ?
    how long it take to get here ?
    I'm gonna get my MALOUDA 15 one ... be here for the FA cup hopefully.

You get it from the chelsea online megastore ?
    how long it take to get here ?
    I'm gonna get my MALOUDA 15 one ... be here for the FA cup hopefully.

Got it from the online megastore, yeah. Was only supposed to be released on the 6th... And I have it on the 4th... oh yeah!!!:cool:

I pre-ordered it like 2 weeks ago. But anything I've ordered from the online megastore in the past has only taken like 3 days or so to get to me.

WHAT A SCREAMER BY CLIFFORD. GET IN!

5 mins to go 2-1 up(3-2 agg) Dominating!

Youth Cup winners. :D:D:D

Get in. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Youth teams looked seriously good today, so many techically brilliant players there. Clifford with another rocket today, Rohan Ince looks like a serious defender, Jeffery Bruma was great, Josh McEachran looks like an amazing prospect, unbelievable on the ball. Mitravic has potential, cool finish today.

Futures bright :D

Future's bright, the future's Orange Blue!!!:D

McEachran was by far out best player, he is pure class.

FA YOUTH CUP REPORT: CHELSEA 2 ASTON VILLA 1 (AGG 3-2)
    Posted on: Tue 04 May 2010

Chelsea are FA Youth Cup champions for the first time since 1961, after a brilliant second-half comeback against Aston Villa at a noisy Stamford Bridge.

Goals from Marko Mitrovic and captain Conor Clifford overturned a half-time deficit after Villa forward Kofi Poyser had given his side the lead with a header against the run of play, meaning Chelsea win England's premier youth tournament after a 1-1 draw at Villa Park last Thursday.

The Blues started this game as they had played in the last, attacking from the off and causing their spirited opponents countless problems, yet a combination of poor finishing and impressive defending saw the away side go in at the break in front.

That all changed when Mitrovic slipped home a Jacopo Sala cross with 25 minutes remaining, and then Chelsea fan Clifford sealed the win with a long range thumper, the type he had already scored in the Youth Cup this season away at Nottingham Forest, a contender for Goal of the Season.

The victory is just reward for a superb showing throughout the Cup run, in which Chelsea have dominated every game they have played.

Opinion after the first leg was that the Blues had been the better side, thrice hitting the woodwork and having another effort cleared off the line, but Jeffrey Bruma's second-half free-kick had been enough to bring the tie back to London level, with all to play for tonight.

Confidence was again high, and Dermot Drummy went with the same 11 that had taken the game to the opposition at Villa Park, Aziz Deen-Conteh recovering fully from the knock he picked up at the end of that game.

Chelsea started this one brightly, the excellent Josh McEachran opening up the visiting defence through the right-hand channel before Jacopo Sala mi**** his cross, and then 'Kaby' Djalo shot just over from outside the area.

At the other end a long throw fell to Ryan Simmonds, whose hooked shot was heading towards the bottom corner before fingertips from Sam Walker diverted it wide.

Sala got a near-post delivery spot on just before the 10-minute mark, Marko Mitrovic just missing out a decisive connection, Villa goalkeeper Benjamin Siegrist scooping the loose ball up a the second attempt.

A minute later Sala had won a free-kick which was swung in from the right by Gokhan Tore, presenting Bruma with a free header at the far post, a chance he should have converted but nodded wide.

A foul on the young Dutchman brought the game's first booking, presented to Villa's Daniel Devine for a late challenge after Bruma had advanced into the opposition half with the ball. From that dead ball situation the ball eventually reached Sala, whose low cross was again intended for Mitrovic, the lone striker, but again the Swede just failed to convert.

In the 30th minute Chelsea almost scored a brilliant team goal. McEachran beat two men with one turn and fed Kaby, who in turn found Gokhan Tore, the Turk's first-time shot flying over from inside the area.

There was no doubting who was on top, so it came as a major surprise when Villa's Kofi Poyser headed his side in front. Simmonds delivered a cross from the right and the 18-year-old arrived first in front of Bruma, glancing a superb header into the far corner.

All Chelsea were lacking was a goal, Kaby almost brought one with his snappy 20-yard-drive but it was too straight to beat the goalkeeper, and then Bruma, forward again, nearly levelled but his strike rolled just the wrong side of the post.

That was the last chance of a first half that had encouraged plenty but had somehow sent the Blues in behind. They now had 45 minutes to recover the tie.

The second period commenced in much the same way as that which had preceded it, Chelsea on top but Villa busily closing down and making tackles.

Sala danced around two Villa challenges before racing into the area and shooting wide, before Deen-Conteh unleashed a powerful, rising effort that forced Siegrist into an athletic save. Surely a goal would come.

Rohan Ince headed a Sala corner wide on 52 minutes, and then Mitrovic saw his headed effort cleared off the line after the same player had centred.

Finally the Sala-Mitrovic combination did pay off, on 64 minutes.

Kaby had won possession on the edge of the Chelsea area, and worked the ball upfield via Deen-Conteh and McEachran, whose incisive pass found Sala advanced on the left. The Italian's low cross was perfectly weighted for Mitrovic, who steered home at the near post.

Of course now the impetus was behind the home side, yet Chelsea's attacking play began to grow a little disjointed, chances starting to dry up as extra-time approached.

Samir Carruthers chopped down McEachran as Chelsea broke, earning him a yellow card. McEachran couldn't be kept quiet for too long though. On 82 minutes he beat another two Villa challenges before squaring to Sala in space, his shot parried well by Siegrist.

Extra-time was looking more and more likely, so step forward Conor Clifford to let rip with a trademark piledriver and send Chelsea in front for the first time in the tie.

Seven minutes remained. Could Villa find a way back?

The answer would be no. In fact it was Chelsea if anybody that looked like adding to their score, first Tore denied by more superb goalkeeping, and then Mitrovic heading high at a corner.

Four minutes of injury time was prolonged by a worrying looking injury to Kaby, who was stretchered off and replaced by George Saville, immediately thrust into the action by winning a challenge in the midfield.

With 100 minutes on the clock referee Kevin Friend finally whistled to signal a memorable success, and hopefully the first of three trophies making their way to Stamford Bridge this season. Cue the celebrations.

It was agreed prior to tonight's game that the scoreline would also be taken as the result of the second Premier Academy League game between the two sides.

Chelsea (4-3-3): Sam Walker; Billy Clifford, Rohan Ince, Jeffrey Bruma, Aziz-Deen Conteh; Aliu 'Kaby' Djalo (George Saville 90+7), Josh McEachran, Conor Clifford (c); Jacopo Sala, Marko Mitrovic, Gokhan Tore (Milan Lalkovic 88).

Aston Villa (4-4-2): Benjamin Siegrist; Durrell Berry, Daniel Devine, Derrick Williams (Darius Darkin 71), Ellis Deeney; Ebby Nelson-Addy, Richard Blythe (Arsenio Halfhuid 87), Samir Carruthers, Tomos Roberts; Ryan Simmonds, Kofi Poyser.

Brilliant to see Clifford lift the trophy, we fully deserved to win the Youth Cup this year absolutely delighted. Best youth team around. :D

Was looking at the TRUE BLUE membership prices, 30 pounds for the year - + 5pound discount on all tickets.

Be worth it if I go to the bridge a couple of times next season.

Defo well worth it. I'm seriously thinking of getting a season ticket at this rate, tbh. Cos I'd defo get the use out of it. But then the waiting list is as long as my arm (and I wish it was as long as something else:o).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

If your happy with the red bits i am too :D..ill be getting her thursday so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Anyone Have any Clips Of the Goals Last Night, Really Wanna see cliffords one:D

Brilliant to see Clifford lift the trophy, we fully deserved to win the Youth Cup this year absolutely delighted. Best youth team around. :D

+1 From reading the reports and watching a few highlights, they fully deserved the success this season. I have high hopes for a few of the lads, especially Clifford, I hope he can push on and make the step up in the future.

The Irish centre midfield position is looking very strong at the moment with youngsters like Gibson, Meyler playing well and hopefully Conor can add to that list soon.

Well done for bringing home hopefully the first of three trophies ;)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Nice..man i cant wait for him to get into the first team..both chelsea and irish :D

For the lads who are heading over Sunday if flights are cancelled then whats the plan. I'm thinking of booking a ferry over on Saturday night. Think I have a ticket. :) £60 for the Shed Lower which isn't the worst to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Thats a belter of a goal from Clifford. Really coming of age that lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Newstalk (Off The Ball) doing a piece (interview ?) with Clifford around 9:30 tonight in light of last night's achievement etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Good interview with young Clifford - seems to have really settled in at Chelsea and is hopeful of a new contract in the Summer.

He reckons he'll know better about his likelihood of making it at the club if he goes on the US-pre-season training tour with the 1st team.

We all know that Carlo has listed 5 players to come thru the ranks next year and obviously Conor wasn't one of those listed, but he seems happy that Carlo also keeps telling them all to keep working hard and if they're good enough, they'll get their chance with the first team.

For the lads who are heading over Sunday if flights are cancelled then whats the plan. I'm thinking of booking a ferry over on Saturday night. Think I have a ticket. :) £60 for the Shed Lower which isn't the worst to be honest.

I am keeping a eye on the situation but I am led to believe that the winds are to change blowing it away from us from Tomorrow

I am keeping a eye on the situation but I am led to believe that the winds are to change blowing it away from us from Tomorrow

Heard that, thank God... I dont' personally care if I've to get a dinghy over to London, I'll be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Flights are back on as far as I'm aware.

• Advertisement

Heard that, thank God... I dont' personally care if I've to get a dinghy over to London, I'll be there!

Im keeping a keen Eye on the weather forum , its now looking like after changing direction tomorrow , its to change for the worse on Sunday .

I mite be booking that Ferry after all just to be safe , rather pay 70 for that than 200 closer to the weekend !

Johner , whats the crack with the Eurolines ? By hook or by crook Il be at the bridge on Sunday !

I waited to watch the weather on RTE2 just now , there showing the bloody world weather , feck all about Ireland ! But Audurey was lookin dam fine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement