Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Enjoy it lads, I was there at the Charlton game when we lifted our first ever Premier League and even though it was a dull match, the atmosphere after was immense. Was there with my dad and a few friends from the Chelsea supporters club, who invited us to a private restaurant because they knew the owner, but my Dad had an absys in his tooth so he just wanted to go back to the hotel room and sleep. But guess who was celebrating their league victory at the bar? JT, Lamps, Bridge, Robert Huth (an apparent beast on the dance floor) and a few other lads. Probably one of the biggest regrets of my life..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

What, we're supposed to fit into this? :/
    29323_391532837258_86037497258_3896768_8293771_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

What, we're supposed to fit into this? :/
    29323_391532837258_86037497258_3896768_8293771_n.jpg

Thats the Official match day players jersey, it has specific material to make it as light as possible and as skin tight as that. The jersey we get to buy is just a "replica" so on our jersey we get the Adidas Climacool technology, not sure what the players jersey uses but its on the website anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I just got my jersey in the post there two days ago.

Fits perfectly on me, and I'm no Rolls Royce, let me tell you... :o

I think the fans' replica is a bit different from the actual players' jersey, tbh. The replica is a lot baggier with normal sleeves, as opposed to the skin tight jersey the players are wearing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

DazMarz wrote: »
    I think the fans' replica is a bit different from the actual players' jersey, tbh. The replica is a lot baggier with normal sleeves, as opposed to the skin tight jersey the players are wearing!

Massive difference between the Adidas replicas and the players jerseys this season, see the new shirts thread. It shows the two Milan jerseys side by side, they use a completely different template and are even coloured differently.

• Advertisement

To our banned warrior, CHD...

This one's for you!!!:D

DazMarz wrote: »
    I just got my jersey in the post there two days ago.

Fits perfectly on me, and I'm no Rolls Royce, let me tell you... :o

Massive difference between the Adidas replicas and the players jerseys this season, see the new shirts thread. It shows the two Milan jerseys side by side, they use a completely different template and are even coloured differently.

Both statements are correct, Adidas jersey this year for the WC and going into the new season are radically different for the fans and players, just see Bayern Munich's jersey also new for next season. Similar design to the Chelsea jersey. Would love to get a players jersey*

* and be able to fill it like Drogba :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Im keeping a keen Eye on the weather forum , its now looking like after changing direction tomorrow , its to change for the worse on Sunday .

I mite be booking that Ferry after all just to be safe , rather pay 70 for that than 200 closer to the weekend !

Johner , whats the crack with the Eurolines ? By hook or by crook Il be at the bridge on Sunday !

I waited to watch the weather on RTE2 just now , there showing the bloody world weather , feck all about Ireland ! But Audurey was lookin dam fine

You leave Busaras Dublin at 8pm and arrive in London at around 7-8am at victoria station, about 8 quid in a taxi from Stamford Bridge.

Eurolines is sold out. :( Just after checking. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Johner wrote: »
    Eurolines is sold out. :( Just after checking. :(
    That'll be all those pesky Wigan fans travelling over in their hordes as usual :D

• Advertisement

Dammit... Hopefully that fúcking volcano doesnt erupt until I'm over in London (don't care about getting back!!! haha).

Eurolines and Ferries sold out... so that tears the arse out of that anyway.

Really can't wait for the Player of the year awards tonight. :)

On Chelsea TV at 8pm if any one has it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Mike to miss sun and the final thanks to kevin Davies.:mad:

Having minor knee surgery

Wish it was for members. :(
    EXTRA FA CUP TICKETS
    Posted on: Thu 06 May 2010

There are an extra 350 ticket available for the FA Cup Final against Portsmouth on Saturday 15 May.

These tickets will go on sale to season ticket holders who have not already purchased a seat on Friday 7 May.

They will go on sale from 7am online only priced at £40, £65, £85 and £95, with under 16s and over 65s receiving a £10 discount.

If you wish to receive all ticket news first, direct to your mobile, then subscribe to the Chelsea SMS Alerts service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Picked up the new chelsea shirt today. Really really nice in person. The red isnt as bad as expected. I'll wait to get printing and the like done on it til AFTER we win the league :D

Wish them FA Cup Final tickets were for members and that there were about 35000 or them... not 350...

Yeah, probably should have held out on printing and gotten ''CHAMPS 10'' printed on it or something... But then again, I'm happy with ''NOLAN 88'' too!!!:D

By the way, lads... Who do we all hope to see winning Player Of The Year???

Personally, I voted for Branislav Ivanovic; immense is the only word to describe him. An absolute beast of a player.

I don't think he'll win it tho, unfortunately, as Drogba had probably the season of his life... Lampard has another 20+ season under his belt... Malouda has been on fire...

But I really think Ivanovic deserves it for all aspects of his game. I'd love to see him getting it, but I reckon he'll have to settle for a lower placing, in light of how much attention the aforementioned Didier, Frank and Florent will get. (But much-deserved attention, don't get me wrong!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

i whole heartedly agree with the Ivan vote.
    fully deserves it, he makes one hell of a full back

Goal of the season now.

I hope Drogs wins player of the year because he deserved it a few seasons ago and didn't get it and deserves it this season as well. :)

Ashley Cole goal of the season against Sunderland. :D

• Advertisement

Malouda got players player of the year, absolutely delighted for him. :)

ancelloti a bit drunk haha. :)

Player of the year - DROGBA :):)

haha drogba on the giggles on stage. legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Malouda got players player of the year, absolutely delighted for him. :)
    johner wrote:
    Player of the year - DROGBA smile.gifsmile.gif

confused drogba or malouda?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I think there is a fans player of the year and players one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Ashley Cole goal of the season against Sunderland. :D

http://www.goalvideoz.com/watch/93112/

Drogs got Player Of Year? Ah that's to be expected; another flying season from our Dark Destroyer. Fair play to him.

Goal of season... Hmm... Probably go for Drogba's second against Arsenal in the Bridge... I just love it...:D

• Advertisement

smuckers wrote: »

Complete Pi$$ take.

How could you "donate points"

If that was to be the case im sure we could strike a deal with Portsmouth over there 20 odd points in exchange for an FA Cup ;)

But that said, bull$hit is all it is.

Malouda got the award voted for by his fellow players and Drogba got the main award voted by fans. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Why are the Daily Mail publishing this bollix ?? it's not April 1st ...

tis slim pickings on the footy front so they made up a complete bollix story and put it to press for the larf.

mindless transfer banter:

torres to chelsea? opinions guys?
    dont think we should be spending that much, plenty of young wans in the wings.

cheeky wildcard thought:
    stevey ireland, yay or nay?
    too much tabloid ballsack we wouldnt need, but he would be a daycent worker on the pitch id reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

paddy power has chelsea to win 7-0 at 45/1...
    thats all i know

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

papagormo wrote: »
    paddy power has chelsea to win 7-0 at 45/1...
    thats all i know

I just hope we're 1 up inside the first 5 mins

Paddypower also has us 1-12 to win the league ... slightly up from 1-10 ,
    what makes bookies make such changes ? injuries ? etc ..

edit - Really looking forward to tomorrow now !!!!!!! exicited

It'll be nervy until the first goal goes in for Chelsea. After that, it should be plain sailing.

ye shower still heading over to it tomorrow or is the ash clouding the plans?..
    (see what i did there anyone?!)
    did i mention i hate college

• Advertisement

Fúcking Ejalokahdfjashfkjsdhfkjsdhfdjsdbok or however the fúck you spell it ...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

papagormo wrote: »
    ye shower still heading over to it tomorrow or is the ash clouding the plans?..
    (see what i did there anyone?!)
    did i mention i hate college

My flight is at 7.30 in the morning , so I am praying the cloud stays away , or I will be one very angry boy !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Obaraten wrote: »
    how do ye reckon the result will go tomorrow lads?

Chelsea will hammer Wigan. Nothing less. And normally I'm a bit of a pessimist.

3-0 at least.

Can't effing wait.

hands off our nick
    and 8 million my hole too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Heading to London on Saturday ash permitting. Is there any hope of touting a ticket over there (could stretch to about £200) or should I resign myself to a pub? And which better heading to pub in Wem-ber-ly or King's Road.

Hopefully going to be epic week for the club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Heading to London on Saturday ash permitting. Is there any hope of touting a ticket over there (could stretch to about £200) or should I resign myself to a pub? And which better heading to pub in Wem-ber-ly or King's Road.

Hopefully going to be epic week for the club!

Had some Evertonian pals who travelled over for last year's final - cheapest tickets from the touts on the day were £350 ! Decided to pay it only to find when they got to the turnstiles that the tickets were forgeries ! Then we go and beat them just to make their day................so beware !

enjoy the game/atmosphere tomorrow everyone heading over, take it all in and enjoy the absolute shoite out of it!!

Ticket fell through last night and I didn't even book travel. :( So tempted to go over for the atmostphere in the bars but doesn't look likely. :(

I've just finished packing my case with trembling hands... I've my backpack ready too, with boarding passes, passport, match ticket, Lamps' biography in it...

Could be the best day of my life tomorrow... Intend to get totally spannered tomorrow night, whatever happens. Celebrating or drowning sorrows... hopefully the former!:D

Can see a good win tomorrow tho, in fairness. Nerves, bad luck, etc. aside... Just cannot see Wigan being good enough at the Bridge to upset this.

Won't be on here again until Monday night the earliest anyway, I reckon (unless I post on here again tonight!!!:o) so let me just say...

CAREFREE!!! WHOEVER YOU MAY BE!!!
    WE ARE THE FAMOUS C.F.C.
    WE DON'T GIVE A FÚCK,
    WHOEVER YOU MAY BE,
    COS WE ARE THE FAMOUS CHELSEA F.C.!!!!!!!!!!!

GO ON THE BLUES!!!

Flag arrived ... got some tie wraps ... just put it out on my balcony !!!!

The Blue Flag flies in Barcelona!!!!

I'll post some pics on the morrow !

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement