Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Warper wrote: »
    Just popped in to say Congrats on winning the League. Best team in the League and also Chelsea have become the most attractive to watch. The player that impressed me the most was Lampard. He is just immense and his goal-scoring for a midfielder is crazy. Chelsea's squad is pure quality and if ye can add another 1 or 2 world-class players I really cant see beyond ye again next season.

Again well done and even better ye won me a few bob as I had ye backed pre-season @ 12-5. :D

+1

Although I had you's @ 2/1..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Frisbee wrote: »
    +1

Although I had you's @ 2/1..

The bookies arent taking any chance with them next season - they are on average around 7-4. Still a good long-term bet though. I think they should have won the League a little bit easier this season considering they picked up maximum points against the other teams in the "Top 4".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Just here to say congrats on the league, over the course of the season ye deserved it. Also 100+ goals, wow. Lets see ye match it next year!!!!! Roll on next season.

Oh and all this talk about Drogba, he is definitely the best striker around at the moment but I believe it was the midfield that won ye the league all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cheers lads. :)

Back to bed i go, took the day off work.

hungover.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Johner wrote: »
    Cheers lads. :)

Back to bed i go, took the day off work.

hungover.jpg

Jeez Johner, looking fair rough there!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

True. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Just Got this email from CFC.
    How good does it feel? We are FA Premier League Champions again and what a way to round it off, 8-0! Plus we have the FA Cup Final to come this Saturday.

Next season there will be more demand than ever for tickets to see the Blues but you can get priority access to Chelsea match tickets by becoming a True Blue member for 2010/11.

Membership for adults starts from just £25 with our ticket only scheme, which offers priority ticket access to all Chelsea fixtures. Additionally there are a whole host of membership tiers, designed to suit all pockets and needs. Our fully revamped Junior membership starts from just £12.

You can grab the Chelsea magazine and ticket access from an incredible £32 a season! True Blue Original includes all this plus a pack containing an exclusive membership DVD and classic Chelsea baseball cap for £42.

Join before 31 July 2010 and will give you 5 bonus loyalty points that could possibly get you one step closer to those big match tickets. Members pay £5 less than non-members for match tickets so if you bought Ticket Only you only need attend a handful of games and you will have recouped your whole membership fee!

So show your pride in supporting the Champions of England and become a member of Chelsea FC.

Looks like if I join for the first time I will still get 5 free loyalty points?? Is that right?? I thought it was only people renewing their memberships?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Well done Chelsea , anyone know what odds you would have got for 8-0 yesterday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Its a long way til next season, dunno how Ill cope.
    Essien wrote: »
    Could be a while unfortunately

Why's that? And how did this CHD lad get banned anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Why's that? And how did this CHD lad get banned anyway?

He was framed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

:D:D:DBrilliant.......

Was never in doubt after the Liverpool result, really... But still... 8-0. What a day!!!

Didier gets the Golden Boot.

More to the point, IMO, Petr Cech gets the Golden Gloves... Dodgy defence? Really.... You'd never know...

103 goals scored. +71 Goal difference. Yowza.

Campione... Campione... Olé olé olé!!!

I love it!

Get in!!! Make it a double next week boys!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

cech shares the award with reina afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

welcome home Daz,
    what a game to go to ya lucky begger!
    delighted with the result/achievements/season overall.
    roll on Pompey, oww!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

yabadabado wrote: »
    cech shares the award with reina afaik

:D ?

seriously ??

i thought it would be shared with Van Der marsbar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

papagormo wrote: »
    i thought it would be shared with Van Der marsbar

You call me? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

cech and reina had the same number of clean sheets.is'nt that how its decided.

mars bar wrote: »
    You call me? :confused:

i sure did!

Thanks for the welcome back, it's good to be home!!!

Errant laptops, broken bottles of booze, volcanoes and aggressive Mancunians aside, I managed to get home in one piece anyway!!!

Yes, I stand corrected: Reina and Cech share the Golden Gloves. Ironically, had Cech not been suspended for the Chelsea v. Liverpool game on October 4th, he possible would have kept a clean sheet there and beaten Reina by 1. But he didn't, so the Golden Gloves are shared. One each... Golden Glove...lol

Roll on the Cup Final!!! I love it!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Great to see Ivanovic making team of the year all over the place. Had a fantastic season and to think there were loads of rumors last season linking him with a move away.

Reports this morning that we are interested in Luka Modric, would be a great signing in my opinion.

Also Ancelotti saying we won't be signing Pato. Hopefully Aguero, hopefully.

And Stoch better be in the 1st team squad.

• Advertisement

Aguero will be wearing a blue jersey come August.

Will Spurs let Modric go? I doubt it, and I can't see him leaving them either, now that they're in the CL.

Pato... meh. Not pushed, tbh.

Toulalan... Yes, I'd love to see him in the Blue and White.

Joe Cole will be gone more than likely. He wants to be paid as much as Lampard and Terry and if CFC acquiesce to his demands, that would be an act of utter lunacy. For someone who's played hardly any 1st team football all season, has made mostly sub appearances, has been brought off before the 90 mins are up etc. etc. (yes, I know he's only coming back from a devastating injury, but still), to be asking for such wages is utter folly and could be indicative of someone who is simply wanting to leave the club.

He doesn't want to come out and say "I want to leave" because then the fans will hate him. But if he demands such loony wages, the board will say no, contract expires, he leaves but maintains the love of the fans, ensuring the fans turn on the board. Cole is in no way worth the wages he's demanding. One crucuial goal does not equate into £140,000 per week (or so).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

DazMarz wrote: »
    Aguero will be wearing a blue jersey come August.

Will Spurs let Modric go? I doubt it, and I can't see him leaving them either, now that they're in the CL.

Pato... meh. Not pushed, tbh.

Toulalan... Yes, I'd love to see him in the Blue and White.

Joe Cole will be gone more than likely. He wants to be paid as much as Lampard and Terry and if CFC acquiesce to his demands, that would be an act of utter lunacy. For someone who's played hardly any 1st team football all season, has made mostly sub appearances, has been brought off before the 90 mins are up etc. etc. (yes, I know he's only coming back from a devastating injury, but still), to be asking for such wages is utter folly and could be indicative of someone who is simply wanting to leave the club.

He doesn't want to come out and say "I want to leave" because then the fans will hate him. But if he demands such loony wages, the board will say no, contract expires, he leaves but maintains the love of the fans, ensuring the fans turn on the board. Cole is in no way worth the wages he's demanding. One crucuial goal does not equate into £140,000 per week (or so).

On Modric - Dont want him, not at all, doesnt do it reguarly enough.

Pato - Maybe, we nned a young striker and if it was between himand Kun Aguerro, I would gamble on Pato, hes bigger, stronger and would be more suited to EPl, that being said, Aguerro could be a new Zola for us. So whichever we get, if we get either, we will be doing well.

Toulalan - He is good enough to play with us, people of said hes a defender/midfielder, hes only played defence when Lyon have struggled to put anybody there, hes a good player but is he good enough for our midfield, if we could get him cheap I wouldnt complain though.

J.Cole - It pains me to say it but Daz I gotta agree, J.C. might have to go, im a huge fan of his, when hes fit and fully focused hes a terror, picks up great pockets of space and can link midfield and attack very easily, but that kind of wages should be reserved for our best players who have performed enough to warrant them, and J.C. hasnt unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

gavredking wrote: »
    On Modric - Dont want him, not at all, doesnt do it reguarly enough.

Pato - Maybe, we nned a young striker and if it was between himand Kun Aguerro, I would gamble on Pato, hes bigger, stronger and would be more suited to EPl, that being said, Aguerro could be a new Zola for us. So whichever we get, if we get either, we will be doing well.

Toulalan - He is good enough to play with us, people of said hes a defender/midfielder, hes only played defence when Lyon have struggled to put anybody there, hes a good player but is he good enough for our midfield, if we could get him cheap I wouldnt complain though.

J.Cole - It pains me to say it but Daz I gotta agree, J.C. might have to go, im a huge fan of his, when hes fit and fully focused hes a terror, picks up great pockets of space and can link midfield and attack very easily, but that kind of wages should be reserved for our best players who have performed enough to warrant them, and J.C. hasnt unfortunately.

Would Love to see Aguero:):)

In regards to Joe Cole, I reckon he will stay!! Ancellotti said on a number of occasions he will stay!! I Honestly believe him , in once press conference he said that he didn't break his word on not buying in Januray & he wouldn't his word on Joe Cole Staying.

JT also came out & expressed how much he wants Joe Cole to stay:)

Chelsea are playing the type of football that suits him also:)

I'm not one of Joe Cole's biggest fans, and it's gotten worse for me in recent times. I don't think he's worth the wages he's pushing for, tbh. He snubbed an increase in wages of £20,000 per week, and is pushing for incredibly high wages, so I don't know if it's worth keeping him at all.

Aguero is the man we want to pick up in the summer, and that Aguero himself has expressed a desire to play for Chelsea is all the better. The fact that Chelsea are also Champions of England would also be an attraction.

Not only champions but a team very deserving of at LEAST European Finals. Chelsea is the place to be for players like Aguero who are proving to be very good at a young age and should be looking to play at a club that will help show their true potential.

Not only champions but a team very deserving of at LEAST European Finals. Chelsea is the place to be for players like Aguero who are proving to be very good at a young age and should be looking to play at a club that will help show their true potential.

Well, I can't agree with the part about deserving to be in a European Final. We were simply not good enough to beat the Special One, who is now firmly on target to deliver Inter's first European Cup since 1965 (interestingly, both Inter and their opponents, Bayern Munchen, are both going for a treble).

But I have to agree with the following on sentence; teams like Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter, Milan, etc. (the top European clubs, basically) are where youngsters want to be, and really should be, if they are good enough and feel they are good enough. It's the proper place to nurture their precocious talent and make sure it is chanelled in the right direction.

Yeah Inter fully deserved to beat us, they were brilliant at the bridge.

Well, I can't agree with the part about deserving to be in a European Final. We were simply not good enough to beat the Special One.

You have to look at it from further back Daz, dont write us off as not deserving because of a flop or 2. We just became champions of the best league in the world, which we fully deserved by securing it at the very end of a very hard fought and long season, filled with setbacks and mishaps.

edit: btw I would be over the fúcking MOON if we signed Kun Aguero this season.

Johner wrote: »
    Yeah Inter fully deserved to beat us, they very brilliant at the bridge.

Inter fully deserve to be where they are; they beat two of the biggest favourites to lift the trophy this season in the shape of both Chelsea and Barcelona; they have an absolutely gifted side, and even when they were down to 10 men against probably the best footballing side in the world, they stuck in and held on to beat them on aggregate (yes, they got some luck en route, but what side doesn't?).

But that doesn't take from the fact that Chelsea will still be a major force at all levels of competition for a long time and that a lot of players will be looking to join up at the Bridge, knowing what rewards can lie in wait for them.

• Advertisement

You have to look at it from further back Daz, dont write us off as not deserving because of a flop or 2. We just became champions of the best league in the world, which we fully deserved by securing it at the very end of a very hard fought and long season, filled with setbacks and mishaps.

edit: btw I would be over the fúcking MOON if we signed Kun Aguero this season.

No, I'm not writing us off by any stretch!!! Jeez, no!

But I'm just saying that we weren't good enough to beat Inter. We defo are better than the first knockout round of the CL, but then again, so are Arsenal... Just because we may be seen to be ''deserving'', doesnt mean we will be there.

Just because we may be seen to be ''deserving'', doesnt mean we will be there.

But it does make us a very attractive club to play at for the shining young stars.
    No, I'm not writing us off by any stretch!!! Jeez, no!

Good man :cool:

Haha, I never write off my beloved Blues!!! I always believe we're going to do well! To my detriment sometimes!

But we are an incredibly attractive club to anyone really... everything going for us, so with any luck!!

Probably a positive that Man City didn't get Champs League, but I still doubt that'll deter players from going there if the price is right!

But still, the most attractive clubs in England right now are obviously Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs... The top teams basically. Liverpool will struggle thanks to the terrible season they had.

Joe Cole was named in Capello's 30-man squad...

Not good for Chelsea, really, as Cole can now in some way justify asking for inflated wages. Would have been better if he had been ignored by Capello, it would have weakened his bargaining position.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Not good for Chelsea, really, as Cole can now in some way justify asking for inflated wages. Would have been better if he had been ignored by Capello, it would have weakened his bargaining position.

I'm not so sure that he will make the squad though, and plus I don't think Ancelotti fancies him considering Kalou has done well recently.

Got the new jersey today, now just to decide what to get on the back of it.
    Essien 5 is always a good one I suppose, or Aguero would be nice :P

I'm not so sure that he will make the squad though.

I was just coming to post that during half time at Forest and Blackpool, ya beat me to it :o
    I agree, he can hardly use the fact that he was at the world cup as an extra bartering tool, if he doesnt make it in the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I was just coming to post that during half time at Forest and Blackpool, ya beat me to it :o
    I agree, he can hardly use the fact that he was at the world cup as an extra bartering tool, if he doesnt make it in the squad.

Thanks for that TangyZizzle!!!!
    I hadn't realised the Forest/Blackpool match was on:eek:
    Cheers

Ya missed a great goal from Earnshaw :)

Hopefully he won't make the squad, and that will make him realise how much he is overestimating himself...

And to Gonzo: get "GOD 8" on the back of it and be done with it!:D

Hopefully he won't make the squad.

I was gonna say that, but couldnt bring myself to it :o

I was gonna say that, but couldnt bring myself to it :o

See, I'm a cynical, sadistic, misanthropic, horrible, nasty person. I have no problem of taking people down a peg, even if it is Joey Cole. He's no way worth the wages he's asking, but if he gets into the World Cup squad, he could easily use that as a whinging topic bargaining tool to squeeze money from the board.

Can't see him getting into the squad, tbh. Not enough 1st team games this season, plus the niggling injury.

• Advertisement

The first time I saw this moment outside of seeing it live!!! Tears streaming down my face, for the right reasons this time!!!

And in this priceless vid I found, Ballack is scuttered as fúck already (see 0:38 on)!!!

does JT ever take off that fookin armband like?!:D

Sweeet video!!!

I keep having to remind myself that we have an FA cup final on saturday to look forward to !! :)

Hope a good season review DVD is released aswell .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Tbh, I'm delighted for Coley. He was instrumental in the rejuvenation of Chelsea, always performs for England and I rekon if he's taken he'll have a good World Cup. Hopefully he'll sign a new contract after the FA cup, because I'm certain if he features in SA, he'll impress. I'd be devastated for the guy if he's not taken.

Some from my balcony ...

4598636062_f060da6279.jpg

4598626996_049644b2ce.jpg

From the street...
    4597990551_5b2863fec7.jpg

4600042120_ea091e98e7.jpg

papagormo wrote: »
    does JT ever take off that fookin armband like?!:D

He's right to leave it on!!! Captain and all that!!! Probably should get a tattoo of it...

Still, gotta love Ballack: "Eeeeeeywauahghghgeeeeeeyyyy..." before stumbling off again. Brilliant.

And I still don't think Joe Cole is good enough on current form to justify a place in SA, but then again, his bit of experience will tell and he might be useful to Capello in the squad.

This Connor Clifford lad looks promising, was watching some of him in the FA youth cup final ... and Irish too :) !

the_monkey wrote: »
    This Connor Clifford lad looks promising, was watching some of him in the FA youth cup final ... and Irish too :) !

Cliffy is the future of Irish/Chelsea football, no doubt about it. I was a bit skeptical at first, but then I watched him playing... Fukken dedly so he is. Fully endorsed by CHD too, so he's gotta be good!!!:D

Between him, Kakuta, Borini, Stoch, Matic, Bruma, Hutchinson et al... We have some savage youth set up there, lads!!!

did connor score in the youths last game by any chance?
    overheard (ok so i was evesdropping, sue me) some fella in the pub going on about an irish lad that scored for chelsea lately, if this randomer is to be believed, he knew the lad and apparently the lad is on 7G's a week and stays in JT's apartment, fancy!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement