Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Cliffy scored in the final game against Villa, the winner!!! Heroic little man so he is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

hes on 7G's a week and kips on JT's couch...
    shhh!! ya didnt hear it from me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

DazMarz wrote: »
    Cliffy is the future of Irish/Chelsea football, no doubt about it. I was a bit skeptical at first, but then I watched him playing... Fukken dedly so he is. Fully endorsed by CHD too, so he's gotta be good!!!:D

Between him, Kakuta, Borini, Stoch, Matic, Bruma, Hutchinson et al... We have some savage youth set up there, lads!!!

Let's hope he doesn't go to united

He should be on 70'Gs a week and JT kipping on CC's couch!!!:D

He's gonna be Lampard's heir apparent and will be huge in coming seasons. Deserves a run out with the first team soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

The first time I saw this moment outside of seeing it live!!! Tears streaming down my face, for the right reasons this time!!!

Haha maluda going mental (and rightly so)at the end of the video lol

Any word on where they're going to do a pre-season series? or will they be doing one, seeing as it's a World Cup year?

If they were doing one in the States like last year, I'd nearly be tempted to take in a few, just to see a game of "saw-car" in the USA...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Any word on where they're going to do a pre-season series? or will they be doing one, seeing as it's a World Cup year?

If they were doing one in the States like last year, I'd nearly be tempted to take in a few, just to see a game of "saw-car" in the USA...:)

I heard their playing Rangers & AC Milan in London!! Thats the Rumour anyways!!

Ooh nice... I had heard about them playing Palace in Selhurst in July or something alright, but wasn't sure if that was the first team or not.

But Rangers and Milan would be so cool! I'd be there in a heartbeat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Im just back from my mornin' jog, Sky sports says "..and when we come back TRANSFER NEWS! Could Ricardo Carvalho be on the way out?," :eek:

But there's nothin of it in the Chelsea section on ssn's website :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Ooh nice... I had heard about them playing Palace in Selhurst in July or something alright, but wasn't sure if that was the first team or not.

But Rangers and Milan would be so cool! I'd be there in a heartbeat!

AC are playing in The Emirates Cup on the 31 July and 1st August so good chance they might play Chelsea too while they're over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ricky go, he's been a great servant to us but Alex has done really well and I think we will end up buying another center half and that means Ricky will be surplus to requirements. I think Bruma might well be more involved this season too.

But where would he go? A move to anywhere but a Premier League team would be a huge step down for him, and he's hardly the youngest centre back out there.

I don't want to see him go but I just feel he will move on. He's nearly 32 but I think he could end up were Mourinho will be. Could be wrong though.

I'd hate to see Carvalho go, tbh. He's nearly 32, but defenders have a longer shelf life than most, so I don't really have much concern about his age, tbh. He's wily, crafty and brilliant at what he does. I think he made JT the defender he is and I doubt that Chelsea would be where we are at the min without his contributions.

Alex is an excellent player, but I still prefer to see Riccy in there, as I reckon Riccy has more guile, finesse and craftiness about him.

If he was to go, he would be destined for either the Serie A or the Bundesliga. But I really hope he doesn't go.

Crafty is a great word to describe him, Iv never seen someone bring down so many forwards during a set play and get away with it.. and the whole ":eek: Ref :eek: me?! foul em?! never!! ," *wags finger ferociously* look that he does, priceless.. legend :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd hate to see Carvalho go, tbh. He's nearly 32, but defenders have a longer shelf life than most, so I don't really have much concern about his age, tbh. He's wily, crafty and brilliant at what he does. I think he made JT the defender he is and I doubt that Chelsea would be where we are at the min without his contributions.

Alex is an excellent player, but I still prefer to see Riccy in there, as I reckon Riccy has more guile, finesse and craftiness about him.

If he was to go, he would be destined for either the Serie A or the Bundesliga. But I really hope he doesn't go.

I would be gutted if Carvalho went, gutted.

On his best day there is no centre back in the country or world his equal, when he arrived for nearly 20 million, people questioned why we paid that much for an "unknown" player, but anybody who watched Porto could tell you he was a class act.

IMO he is the best centre back we have when fit, his ability to carry JT through a lot of games through out the years, when JT wasnt performing was a credit to his ability. I hope Carlo can persuade him he has a future at Chelsea and when hes fit hopefully play more games but it is gonna be hard when we have a fully fit defensive unit available.

Hopefully he will stay, even though the word legend is over used these days Riccy definetly is a legend.

We were linked with Thiago Silva, I really hope we hang onto Ricky but if we sign another center half I think he's gone. :(

So the FA Cup final? I'm really thinking of just going over and watching it in a pub with a load of Chelsea fans and then staying over for the victory parade(hopefully with the double) on Sunday.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Hate to see Riccy leave. Absolute legend

Sounds like a good plan Johner, would be a great weekend,should the result go our way. The parade of the double would be some experience to. Good luck with it if you manage to get over.

Well as Ive said previous I want Riccy to stay, hes my favourite player at the club, reminds of Franco Baresi, composed and a gifted footballing centre half and I got his name and number on the home jersey this year, not the new one but the old one :pac:

If Riccy stays I will get his print on the new jersey ;)

A cut price Zlatan? here

40m not really cut price. Anyone fancy the big swede to do the business?

• Advertisement

A cut price Zlatan? here

Wouldn't touch that useless ****er with a 400-foot bargepole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Wouldn't touch that useless ****er with a 400-foot bargepole.

Agree with that. Scores the odd screamer and other than that spends the time picking his nose and certainly not at that price.

A cut price Zlatan? here

Haha 40 million is more less what they paid for him, yes they swapped Eto'o and 40 million but just because they got stung for nearly 80 million in total doesnt mean Ibra is a bargain at 40million.

If the price was about 20 million at most, It would be worth considering but not for 40million, no way in hell.

40 million for a striker who'll score 16 goals a season... in all competitions??!?! haha. make me laugh. When we have a central midfielder who'll net us 15+ or so a season in the Prem alone, what the hell do we need Ibrahimovic for???

Nah, the boy we want is Kun Aguero... Now he's worth 40m!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

A suspected broken metatarsal for Terry. :(

smuckers wrote: »

From training or what??? Ah shíte on it anyway...

But still... Alex and Ivan at CB, stick Ferreira back at RB and it's cool... Ivan is a more than capable CB, so we have no worries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

From training

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

smuckers wrote: »

Link, mentions a foot injury but no specifics.

Nothing confirmed yet, its only a scan on a uspected foot injury, England and WC time will mean this is going to be big if he is out for the WC.

Well... Chelsea needn't be TOO worried, I reckon for the Cup Final, tbh. Ivan at CB alongside Alex, Ferreira fills in at RB. All cool.

England should be worried, big time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Not serious at all, he trained today and is expected to feature on Saturday.

Good luck tonight to our nearest neighbours in SW6, Fulham F.C.!!!

Bring back the Europa League, lads!!! Good luck!

Aguero is a fcukin monster. Cant wait to see him with the Blues!!!! :D

ballackclava is hintedy hinting get on with the contract talks according to SSN.
    Joe Cole is being made wait too by the sounds of things.
    i wouldnt have joe in the same wage bracket as the likes of Lampard, hes played some great football, and some horror shows, he needs a half season as good as Malouda's been for him to be given a daycent contract.

Ballack is getting paid more than Drogba anyway, so I wouldn't mind letting him wait, t'fúck...

Joey Cole needs to realise he's good, but not great. Turning his nose up at an extra £20k a week??? Get real, ffs...

And hard luck to Fulham tonight... I am gutted for them They were, unfortunately, the second best side all through the game. Yet they fought and fought for as long as they could. Hard luck, lads...

ballacks getting more than drogs?
    ahh now...ballack, door..boot..out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Aquerro for the no 10 shirt :rolleyes: vacated by J Cole :D. Determined little fceker all evening casuing problems.

Ballack's already indicated that he's willing to take half a pay cut, he just wants more than a year extension, which is fair enough. I don't believe all the rumours about Cole wanting parity with Lamps and JT, he's smart enough to know that he wont get that, from my understanding he's holding out for a new 3 year deal with Chelsea reluctant to offer more than a 2 year extension. I still think he'll end up staying, he's one of the few actual Chelsea fans who plays for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Ballack has to be the most overpriced player for Chelsea.

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »
    Ballack has to be the most overpriced player for Chelsea.

He was a free transfer :rolleyes:

If Ballack wants to take a pay cut, that'd be cool!

Joe Cole needs to cop on and realise that he's nowhere near good enough to command such wages, in all fairness!

Ballack is getting paid in Euro's so is getting a lot more now as to when he signed as the Euro has got a lot stronger to the pound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Lukker- wrote: »
    He was a free transfer :rolleyes:

Still overpriced :D meant his wages

pay cut, years contract, or door ballack!
    nah, as i said joe needs a malouda type season before he can begin to bargain for a better wage.

I'm slightly worried that so many players are being shown the door and with Gourlay insisting there will be no big signings I'm worried that we'll have very little cover. We have people from the reserves and the youth squad, but look at Liverpool they won the youth cup in 2008 and still the players from the squad aren't ready for any proper run in the squad. If we let Deco/Ballack/J.Cole leave we are leaving a gap.

• Advertisement

Joe Cole, exactly... needs a Malouda-like season. Providing assists, banging in a few goals... And I don't see that coming any time soon, tbh. Just don't really rate him up there as much as I used to. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

Really need more of that. Unreal.

Joe Cole, exactly... needs a Malouda-like season. Providing assists, banging in a few goals... And I don't see that coming any time soon, tbh. Just don't really rate him up there as much as I used to. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

I know what you're saying, but up until this season Cole was one of Chelsea's most consistent performers. Won the player of the year for 08/09, if there's hope for Kalou, then surely there is hope for one of our best players before he was injured.

If Joe Cole can start doing something like that once every second game...Then yeah! Pay him what he wants. As it stands... GTFO!!!

Lukker- wrote: »
    I know what you're saying, but up until this season Cole was one of Chelsea's most consistent performers. Won the player of the year for 08/09, if there's hope for Kalou, then surely there is hope for one of our best players before he was injured.

07-08 winner of the chelsea player of the year,

Lampard got chelsea's player of the year for 08-09
    Players player of the year was Ashley Cole for 08-09

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement