Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

papagormo wrote: »
    07-08 winner of the chelsea player of the year,

Lampard got chelsea's player of the year for 08-09
    Players player of the year was Ashley Cole for 08-09

I stand corrected, forgot he was injured a good chunk of that season. All I'm saying is, we won't miss him till he rounds our entire defense and scores a back heel while playing for Man Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Johner wrote: »
    Ballack is getting paid in Euro's so is getting a lot more now as to when he signed as the Euro has got a lot stronger to the pound.
    would he really be paid in euros?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

yabadabado wrote: »
    would he really be paid in euros?

Have seen quite a few articles saying he is, but don't know to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

nostalgic note:
    one of the last goals i seen live was this one:

i remember it well, he was right in front of me running along and soon as he began to run with the ball, the whole crowd started shouting "shooooot" for the craic, and he did!
    what a finish though.
    chelsea voted it goal of the season, whoop!

nostalgic note:
    one of the last goals i seen live was this one:

i remember it well, he was right in front of me running along and soon as he began to run with the ball, the whole crowd started shouting "shooooot" for the craic, and he did!
    what a finish though.
    chelsea voted it goal of the season, whoop!

Is that Ballack wearing the captains armband?! Don't get me started on Pizzaro..

Lukker- wrote: »
    Is that Ballack wearing the captains armband?! Don't get me started on Pizzaro..

it sure was, makka was playing that game too, he was class.
    hes a pic i took as they celebrated, i like to think he ran towards me..!:
    31197_403014887960_674862960_4009661_4566936_n.jpg

apologies, dont know how to rotate. mind yer necks!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

What a legend! :)

He only took one shot that season, that was it. 100% goals to shot ratio, the best in the league. Loved it at the bridge whenever he had the ball near the halfway line the fans screamed shoot!

I'm slightly worried that so many players are being shown the door and with Gourlay insisting there will be no big signings I'm worried that we'll have very little cover. We have people from the reserves and the youth squad, but look at Liverpool they won the youth cup in 2008 and still the players from the squad aren't ready for any proper run in the squad. If we let Deco/Ballack/J.Cole leave we are leaving a gap.

I thought Gourlay said there was money there? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Ballack's already indicated that he's willing to take half a pay cut, he just wants more than a year extension, which is fair enough. I don't believe all the rumours about Cole wanting parity with Lamps and JT, he's smart enough to know that he wont get that, from my understanding he's holding out for a new 3 year deal with Chelsea reluctant to offer more than a 2 year extension. I still think he'll end up staying, he's one of the few actual Chelsea fans who plays for Chelsea.

I know a lot of people on here dont have much time for Joe Cole , but for me he has given so much to the club he deserves to stay , In no way should he getting the type of wages JT or Lamps is on but if the club show faith in him I am sure he will repay the debt .

He has shown glimpses and I would bloody love if he made the England Squad for WC and had a cracker , at the moment he is a bit of diamond in the dirty since his injury , We and he know what he is capable of and I think he just needs the confidence to bring him back to his pre injury glory .

It should be put to him that there is a 2 year contract on the table , do well in 10-11 season and we will re-assess the contract at the end of another championship wining season.

I for one would be very sad to see him go , he symbolizes the beginning of the really good times for Chelsea FC to me and with the way players are so fickle now a player that would like to finish his career with the his club is a rare thing these days.

(Jesus that goal against Man U in the youtube vid was pure cheek and genius rolled up in one)

One really excellent thing to come out of this season is when I turn on FIFA 11 I wont be watching Rooney nip one by Lampard and drill one into the top corner (Bloody sickens me every time I turn it on)

Top dog this season is the Drog !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

One really excellent thing to come out of this season is when I turn on FIFA 11 I wont be watching Rooney nip one by Lampard and drill one into the top corner (Bloody sickens me every time I turn it on)

Top dog this season is the Drog !
    Is that really how they decide it?

I know while watching Sky Sports 1 the other night, they did that thing where they show the Premier League title in a real glorious light, with the camera swooping around it. It still had red, black and white(united colours) ribbons hanging from the handles......... sort yourselves out Sky Sports.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Is that really how they decide it?

I know while watching Sky Sports 1 the other night, they did that thing where they show the Premier League title in a real glorious light, with the camera swooping around it, it still had red, black and red ribbons hanging from the handles......... sort yourselves out Sky Sports.

Im not sure to be honest ,

I will be awaiting the club editions this years if that ugly feckers mug is anywhere near the pre game footage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Really need more of that. Unreal.
    or even

He can do it when he wants too..A player i think has a huge season next year is kalou.really really improved this season..coming of age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Nutcase....gotta love him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Having watched all the vids of the dressing room celebrations, still say Ballack has the best one; pished, dousing JT with champers, mumbling/yelling incoherently, before wandering off again... Quality.

Soby wrote: »

Nutcase....gotta love him

Brilliant. :)

Brana is out for Saturday it would seem. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Somehat off-topic I know but I see there has been another court apperrance by a member of the Terry clan

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0513/breaking40.html

• Advertisement

Im sick of this kind of shiht, what ever happened to people's private lives being private?

Bloody stupid shít is all this is...

Brana is out for Saturday it would seem. :(

???????

Drogba says he'd love to play along side Torres: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6150401,00.html

..and maybe Im gettin old ( 19 is fierce old :o ) but did I just hear on SSN that Mourinho said he'll be coaching Réal next season? :pac: .....seriously though wtf????? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

???????
    Knee injury, not sure its confirmed he is definitely out, but doesn't look hopeful, as per StamfordtheLion on Twitter:

"Ivanovic with knee problem is the only injury doubt from the team that played last Sunday. If he makes it, team for Cup Final is unchanged."

And Stamford is NEVER wrong ;)

53 minutes ago on Chelsea's Facebook - A knee problem for Branislav Ivanovic prevents Carlo Ancelotti naming an unchanged side two days ahead of the FA Cup Final.

I shoulda checked before asking.. this is ballix

• Advertisement

Drogba says he'd love to play along side Torres: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6150401,00.html

..and maybe Im gettin old ( 19 is fierce old :o ) but did I just hear on SSN that Mourinho said he'll be coaching Réal next season? :pac: .....seriously though wtf????? :/

Happy for Jose to coach anywhere other than the Primula league.

But Réal? :confused: anything short of 100% success in at least the first 2 seasons (not that I doubt he wont do that) would be horrible for him. Whats almost worse, is the fact that anything he does achieve wont be met with half as much praise as the rest of his accolades were..

But Réal? :confused: anything short of 100% success in at least the first 2 seasons (not that I doubt he wont do that) would be horrible for him. Whats almost worse, is the fact that anything he does achieve wont be met with half as much praise as the rest of his accolades were..

If Mourinho goes to Real, he'd be just the coach they need. He'd bring them the success they crave, I reckon. He'd be a strong enough manager to know what players to sign/play etc. Only problem being if Real's board don't give him free reign. I'd hope he'd have every success no matter where he goes, tbh.

Well, Cup Final tomorrow, boys...

Can honestly see it being a rout... If Chelsea play the way they played their last 3 Premier League games... Could have the potential to be a massive victory. I'm not dissing Pompey, but this is a side we've already hammered 7 goals past this season (albeit conceding 1 as well).

Chelsea look incredibly sharp and ruthless, and I can't see Pompey weathering that storm very well. I actually hope it doesn't happen, so it can be a decent game, but... it's very hard to argue against it being anything but.

I'm gonna check what the odds are on Chelsea -3...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I really hope pompy make a game of ti myself, as much as id like to see a chelsea 7-0 win i think i 2-1 last minute winner would be even better for us, makes the win that bit better if its won like that, dont forget this is pretty much pompy's last hurrah too (so to speak) and im sure they wont want to go down like a damp squid! Although we will win 99% sure of that, but id still like to see them make a game of if, at least we wouldnt have to listen to " sure you's were handed it" all summer long :D

On another note i now really do think SS are a disgrace, i always knew they sided with the mancs but.... every time they (man u) have got a jammy last minute winner / draw (that sky were showing live coverage of) they would highlights of it put up on the anytime yoke, and have gray ect chatting about how this was a sign of champions ect.... then when chelsea win the league.....NOUT its a disgrace if you ask me, and i bet you on SSN they will still show giggs or rooney on the intro to Soccer saturday.

Anyways im off to get my party hat for tomorrow, 2nd week in a row its been out, hopefully it'll be out 3 times this time next year :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Really thinking of heading over on the Eurolines tonight with a mate for the atmosphere and staying on until the victory parade on Sunday. Hmmmmm.

Myself and CHD are thinking of licking wounds from not being able to get tickets to the final, having a few lads over to mine, few beers, watch the final... Not the same as being there, but still good fun!

30795_394363497258_86037497258_3955.jpg Happy days.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    30795_394363497258_86037497258_3955.jpg Happy days.

Yee ha... I love it!!! Hopefully can add the FA Cup to the list of trophies for this season!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Was in MCcormacks pub in Dun Laoghaire to watch last match .
    Bar was packed with Chelsea supporters and flags were hung all over. Same for cup final last year so anyone wanting to watch the match surrounded by Chelsea supporters and in the vicinity should head there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

bullpost wrote: »
    Was in MCcormacks pub in Dun Laoghaire to watch last match .
    Bar was packed with Chelsea supporters and flags were hung all over. Same for cup final last year so anyone wanting to watch the match surrounded by Chelsea supporters and in the vicinity should head there.

I could be wrong but i remember a bar (below jurys montrose) that was full of chelsea stuff, that was a few years ago though, one time i stayed there for a few nights...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

So, nervous lads?

All the pressure is on Chelsea I reckon.

So, nervous lads?

Not nervous at all really. :)

Not nervous by any means...:D

Nerves.......what nerves?:)

• Advertisement

As Luke Skywalker did once say: "Your overconfidence is your weakness"...

We should not lull into a false sense that all we have to do is turn up tomorrow. Pompey would love nothing more than to go out with a bang and take the FA Cup with them to the Championship.

Be wary, but do not let it stifle creativity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I could be wrong but i remember a bar (below jurys montrose) that was full of chelsea stuff, that was a few years ago though, one time i stayed there for a few nights...

You're right. I was in there one night and was surprised as well.

Best one is the poultry shop on Dun Laoghaire Georges Street.
    Loads of Chelsea stuff up there. Got talking to the guy in there about it once and asked him was he a fan. Turns out its his sister who also works in the shop who is the fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

So, nervous lads?

Cant see how Chelsea would loose tbh.The bookies give Pompey no chance if you look at the odds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

So, nervous lads?

No, Not nervous really, so happy we have the league and that is worth 100 FA cups .

Of course the double is nice and i'm sure ill be nervous at 5 mins to kick off tomorrow - but for now - I'm grand!

i dont think its going to be a rollover game.
    wigan put it to us until they got a man sent off, then fell apart big time, i predict pompey to be similar.
    having said that, we really should have what it takes to get the win.

Chelsea will lift her tomorrow. I know that sounds arrogant and cocky, but I just can't see where Portsmouth's edge will come from. Possibly down their left hand channel as we may not have Ivanovic at right back, but I would trust Ferreira to do the job there, tbh.

18 today, FA Cup would be a nice present.

CHELSEA PREMIER LEAGUE AND F.A. CUP WINNERS 2009-10.

WHOHOOO!!!:D

What a day! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

18 today, FA Cup would be a nice present.

Happy Bday Lukker and enjoy the present ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement