Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Not exactly Ballack's biggest fan, but it's horrible for anyone to miss the World Cup. Especially the talismanic, inspirational captain. Germany will sorely miss him.

Hopefully he can recover soon anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Is Ballack out of contract after this season lads?.

Will ye be offering him a new deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He will get another 1 year deal imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Is Ballack out of contract after this season lads?.

Will ye be offering him a new deal?

His deal ends at the end of June. Whether or not he will be offered a new contract, not sure.

I'm pretty sure Ancelloti will want Ballack for another year for his experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Pretty shiht buzz for Ballack, not at all surprised it was the 'prince' who put him out of the WC.. the lads a dirtbag.

Ballack is supposed to be holding out for a 2 year extension... I'm not sure if I'd want him there for that long, tbh.

Providing he took a pay-cut, which Im fairly sure I saw he was willing to do.. having him in the squad couldnt hurt the team too much could it? Id say he would be great to have around as a mentor for younger midfielders coming through the ranks, similar to what Drogba is doing for Kakuta.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Hope this doesn't happen.

Would hate to lose Cole

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Would hate to lose Cole

Its pretty much silly season for transfer talk at the moment !

AC looked happy as a pig in Sh1t the last couple of times I have seen him, granted he was picking up the premier league and FA cup at the time .

Its pretty much silly season for transfer talk at the moment !

Ya still cant help but get nervous when you see these sort of reports. It wasnt long ago that someone posted here saying that Cole wanted out because he was trying to save his marriage and didnt want to play along side JT.

Tbh I'm not sure if I'd want Kaka at the club, maybe a swap for Deco :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭Telgere

Would hate to lose Cole

Wasn't ACole at the youth final with Terry. Do not see him going to Madrid.
    JCole is the only player that might leave that I would be sorry to see go.

I honestly don't think Ashley Cole would be worth swapping for Kaká. We have plenty of attacking options... We don't need another. As savage as he'd be, we do not need to get rid of the best left back in the world!!!

If it was a swap deal for Deco, Ballack and Joey Cole for Kaká... Let's talk business!!:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Ya still cant help but get nervous when you see these sort of reports. It wasnt long ago that someone posted here saying that Cole wanted out because he was trying to save his marriage and didnt want to play along side JT.

At the Wigan match the were jumping on each others backs and having great crack , that was just another media storm by the english media.

• Advertisement

DazMarz wrote: »
    I honestly don't think Ashley Cole would be worth swapping for Kaká. We have plenty of attacking options... We don't need another. As savage as he'd be, we do not need to get rid of the best left back in the world!!!

If it was a swap deal for Deco, Ballack and Joey Cole for Kaká... Let's talk business!!:D

Nail on the Head completely !

The English media love shíte like that. Always do and always will. Terry and Cole, as mentioned, seem to be great comrades and all that. The only thing they were truly guilty of was that they were stupid enough to get caught. I'd guarantee the vast majority of Prem stars are off getting their hole off women they're not supposed to be. The only thing is that JT and AC got caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Carlo said that he's meeting roman this week or next to discuss transfers and that plans are already in place.

Brilliant photos. Especially love the 'How The Title Was Won' series of photos!

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »

Love it!!! I want the flag and the polo shirt for defo!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

What is everyone's opinion of Torres coming to Chelsea?

Personally, I would rather Aguero for 40 mil than Torres at 130 mil & 200k per week. That amount is just totally ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

bw wrote: »

Personally, I would rather Aguero for 40 mil than Torres at 130 mil & 200k per week. That amount is just totally ridiculous.

No way do I want to see Torres playing with us, he would spend half the season on the injury list, yes he is a great striker but there is no way in hell he is worth that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Torres wouldn't cost more than 40 million. Ronaldo and Kaka are special players, in the top 3 players in the world who can drag a team to the Champions League, and both have. Torres isn't in that bracket. Beyond that, he's 25 now. The only club that would pay over 40 million for him is City, and he won't join them.

I'd love to have Torres, but not for 40m. He's a brilliant player, no doubt, but not for 40m. His injury woes are well documented and that should defo be considered.

I'd love Torres as well but not for the prices that are bring thrown around which are just ridiculous, him and Drogba as a partnership could be pretty special though.

bw wrote: »

Way way way too much money , Aguero for 40 Mil is even crazy money but maybe we could see 8-10 seasons from the fella .

No doubting Torres is an amazing talent but his injuries stem from his main asset which is his explosive pace( I have heard this mentioned numerous times , but having no quote to back it up ).

Maybe he will be an unbelievably great addition to the squad but then the old taunt of "Chelsea just bought the league " starts floating about again.

Tis crazy times we are living in when you are seriously looking at spending that type of money on one man.

Unlike the Real /Barca / Uniteds of this world Chelsea do not have the worldwide appeal to make money from this singing .

Real reckon they made back the money the spent on Ronaldo through Shirt sales and commercial agreements throughout the world.

But then maybe thats the plan to have Chelsea FC sitting at the top table worldwide .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd take Torres over Aguero, Aguero is a class act but isn't a proven goal scorer (yet). Torres is the best finisher in the world and he wouldn't have to carry Chelsea like does Liverpool, so that coupled with better service and the ball magnet Drogba would be a seriously potent mix. Aguero might turn out to be an amazing investment, but for me is still unproven. Torres for 40m would be a bargain IMO.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I'd take Torres over Aguero, Aguero is a class act but isn't a proven goal scorer (yet). Torres is the best finisher in the world and he wouldn't have to carry Chelsea like does Liverpool, so that coupled with better service and the ball magnet Drogba would be a seriously potent mix. Aguero might turn out to be an amazing investment, but for me is still unproven. Torres for 40m would be a bargain IMO.

£40 Million would be a great deal for him alrite , but latest report have the deal working out just over £80 mil and 200K a week, which means Lampard,JT,Drogs will all more than likely be looking for a few quid extra as there the top boys at the club !

• Advertisement

I'm sorry, but no player is worth 80m and £200k a week, ffs.

Torres I'd take for something in or around the Shevchenko figure of £30m or so... and in or around say £120k a week or so.

But I'd prefer Aguero. He's a class act and with him feeding Drogba, Anelka et al... Man, it'd be beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

£40 Million would be a great deal for him alrite , but latest report have the deal working out just over £80 mil and 200K a week, which means Lampard,JT,Drogs will all more than likely be looking for a few quid extra as there the top boys at the club !
    I'd say that Torres would ideally want to move to Spain.
    He's complained in the past about the toll the physical nature of the PL takes on a player and hinted that he wont hang around for ever. Also would be difficult for him given his previous declarations of allegiance to Liverpool to come to Chelsea.

I'd agree with Bull... Torres's (IMO bullshít) declarations of allegiance to Liverpool might just dissuade him from leaving this season, and might just dissuade him from moving to another English club. Italy or Spain beckon...

I doubt he'd move to Chelsea at any rate... And I'm still standing by my assertation that I'd prefer Aguero to Torres!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I personnaly prefer aguro, he is young and is only going to get better, was so impressed with him against fulham.

Here is a thought.....Aguero and Torres.....:eek::eek:lol, probably not.

We could play with this team

............cech..........
    Ivan.......terry.......cole
    ...........essien...........
    lamps.......malouda
    aguro...drogs...torres...anelka..

^^a little lob-sided but we would see a fair few 8-0.

seroiusly though, 70 mill is just too much for a player (especially on that is injured a lot)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Dont worry about the price tag lads, there's no way Torres would move to Chelsea. Not a chance!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Dont worry about the price tag lads, there's no way Torres would move to Chelsea. Not a chance!!!
    Why? He could finally fulfill his potential (at club level), it's either us or Madrid.

I don't see Torres moving to another English club... that's if he moves at all. He may just stick it out for another season at Liverpool. But if he moves, he'll be bound for Spain or Italy.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Why? He could finally fulfill his potential (at club level), it's either us or Madrid.
    DazMarz wrote: »
    I don't see Torres moving to another English club... that's if he moves at all. He may just stick it out for another season at Liverpool. But if he moves, he'll be bound for Spain or Italy.

He's a Liverpool supporter, he wont play for another English team, he's said it before, he's also an Athletico supporter so he'd never play for another team in spain either. The only place he'd go is Italy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

He's a Liverpool supporter, he wont play for another English team, he's said it before, he's also an Athletico supporter so he'd never play for another team in spain either. The only place he'd go is Italy!
    Wouldn't be so sure that he wouldn't fancy a stint at Barca. Would be a great opportunity to inflict some pain on Real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Heh, If you pop over to the Man Utd thread you'll see them talking about acquiring Milner, completely disregarding the fact that he came up through the Leeds youth academy and all that goes with it.
    I don't think it matters what the player is like when speculating.
    At the end of the day it will not matter who he has supported, far more experienced players will remind him that sucess does not require strict allegences.

Better teams = better options.

I would fear Torres at Chelsea tbh. Speaking as a Villa supporter :D

Doodee wrote: »
    I don't think it matters what the player is like when speculating.
    At the end of the day it will not matter who he has supported, far more experienced players will remind him that sucess does not require strict allegences.

Better teams = better options.

I would fear Torres at Chelsea tbh. Speaking as a Villa supporter :D

Well anythings possible but i really would be shocked if he ever played for another English club, i think he has too much respect for Liverpool to do that. He's said it so many times.

Ha Ha this is brilliant

Chelsea fans!!!

Ha Ha this is brilliant

Chelsea fans!!!

Heroes!!! Fúcking heroes!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

This is good, and it's interesting reading his original predictions - Liverpool champions :eek: im surprised a sports journalist would say this,
    the dogs on the street knew when Alonso left Liverpool's title challenge
    was over.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2010/05/premier_league_season_review_1.html

Liverpool have been overperforming the last few seasons. 09/10 saw them exposed.

• Advertisement

McEachran and Chalobah are playing for England u17s on Eurosport. Great ball by Josh there the striker should have scored.

Ahhh what a ****ing goal from Josh. Top class stuff, he is brilliant.

I heard briefly on SSN, Ballack is looking to press charges against Boateng for his challenge. So Im wondering, if a player could prove that a foul was a premeditated attempt to injure them.. could the perpetrator be punished by the law?

I think that's a folly, tbh. There would be virtually no way to prove the intent and premeditated nature of the fouls.

From SSN:

Meanwhile, Ballack's agent Michael Becker says taking legal action against the Portsmouthplayer is still an option and is certain the attack was intentional.

"Every spectator could see what Boateng has done and that was clearly a premeditated foul," said Becker.

"It is not possible that somebody breaks the rules with the intent to cause injury.

"The football field is not outside the law, even if Boateng believes that."

Make of that what you will.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement