Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Maybe they will try and get something out of it to work. But sure I just don't see it working, tbh. It will be nigh on impossible to prove the intent, tbh. Unless your man admits it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

If it gets anywhere near a court, we can hope the judge is a follower of the bundesliga :) they all hate Boateng over there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It was a horrible tackle, but there is no way to prove it was on purpose and it's pretty stupid trying to take legal action, it's unfortunate that Ballack misses the World Cup but this is a bit silly tbh.

It's just to give the reporters some scandal to write about!!! haha.

Don't think it will get anywhere at all, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Anelka is closing in on a new deal, hopefully we can get extensions for Ballack and than J.Cole.

Anyone see that Vanessa Perroncel is saying she didn't actually have an affair with JT and now is back on terms with Wayne Bridge?

Lukker- wrote: »
    Anelka is closing in on a new deal, hopefully we can get extensions for Ballack and than J.Cole.

*cough cough*

:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

From SSN:

Meanwhile, Ballack's agent Michael Becker says taking legal action against the Portsmouthplayer is still an option and is certain the attack was intentional.

"Every spectator could see what Boateng has done and that was clearly a premeditated foul," said Becker.

"It is not possible that somebody breaks the rules with the intent to cause injury.

"The football field is not outside the law, even if Boateng believes that."

Make of that what you will.

What Ballack said according to BBC Sport : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8689645.stm
    On Tuesday he said there was no need for bad blood, telling reporters: "Of course, I am very angry and disappointed but in football one should let it go," he said.

Good to hear Anelka is getting a new deal

Don't care particularly about Ballack or J. Cole getting new deals at all, tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

"Of course, I am very angry and disappointed but in football one should let it go"
    fart reference Ballack, im on to ya!

papagormo wrote: »
    "Of course, I am very angry and disappointed but in football one should let it go"
    fart reference Ballack, im on to ya!

pity he didn't fart a bit more... then he might get around the pitch faster and maybe put off the opposing team...

• Advertisement

DazMarz wrote: »
    pity he didn't fart a bit more... then he might get around the pitch faster and maybe put off the opposing team...

ahh now in fairness Daz, Ballack must to 49 at this stage, and we all expect him to play like he was 46..

Deco, Ballack, J.Cole, Belletti out. Who'd we replace them with?

Lukker- wrote: »
    Deco, Ballack, J.Cole, Belletti out. Who'd we replace them with?

-Jeremy Toulalan

-Sergio Aguero

Sin é

would love to see toulalan arrive, essien could then bomb forward freely. very nice!

-Jeremy Toulalan

-Sergio Aguero

Sin é

Toulalan has always said he'd stay with Lyon as long as he was wanted and responded to Arsenal and Chelsea tabling bids a couple of years ago by signing a new contract. Do we really need another defensive mid? We already have Mikel, Essien (not his preferred position but he'll always play here for balance) and Matic looks promising. No out and out winger on the right side has been bad news before. I'd much prefer if we went for a player like David Silva.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Sergio Aguero and Alan Dzagoev would do nicely :D

Get a big enough offer scraped together and Toulalan will come to us!!!

But yes, Silva would be a good offer.

And as for a right-sided midfielder/winger... We never should have got rid of Robben!!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/robborobson/2010/05/the_blue_meanies.html
    It's not a good tale to tell the children, is it? As Terry and Lamps held the Cup aloft, I couldn't help thinking 'the baddies have won. Again.'

- BBC with more anti Chelsea cr*ap ;)

the_monkey wrote: »

Typical of the BBC... well, typical of the British media in general, tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Its a blog view and if I am not mistaken that lad is due to leave the BBC,

on a side note , why did I stay up so late watching The Rock ?

Ha Ha just found this on my fone from the Wigan game , I am sure you will all like it !

http://gallery.me.com/videoinmotion/100020/League%20positions%2009-10

Give the vid 15-20 secs to load

Its a blog view and if I am not mistaken that lad is due to leave the BBC,

on a side note , why did I stay up so late watching The Rock ?

Ha Ha just found this on my fone from the Wigan game , I am sure you will all like it !

http://gallery.me.com/videoinmotion/100020/League%20positions%2009-10

Probably the same reason I'm sitting here watching The X-Files (series 2, episode 17: 'End Game' at the min!!!)

Loving the photos!!!:D

Probably the same reason I'm sitting here watching The X-Files (series 2, episode 17: 'End Game' at the min!!!)

Loving the photos!!!:D

Was it not a video ? , ah it will take about 15-20 secs to load

Was it not a video ? , ah it will take about 15-20 secs to load

T'was a vid!!:o

Just I was impatient and thought it was photo!!! Hahaha... Excellent vid too!!!

ESSIEN: FEELING BETTER, FINGERS CROSSED
    Posted on: Wed 19 May 2010

After winning the League and FA Cup double, most of the players have now departed for a well-earned rest or are destined to join their national teams in the days ahead. Michael Essien however is at Cobham carrying on his rehabilitation

Speaking on his personal website, he has given an update on how his knee injury is progressing and his plans.

Here's what he said:

Congratulations Michael for winning the Double - the first in the club's history. What is the feeling like?
    It's a good feeling to be double champions and in actual fact we are treble winners because we won the Community Shield at the start of the season so it has been a very successful season.

You have already dedicated the trophies to the fans. What else have you got to say to them?
    Nothing more than I have already said which is they are the best fans in the world and I am glad we were able to make them happy. I think we had about 200,000 people at the parade on Sunday which shows how much they love Chelsea. They are special and they deserve all the happiness.

What about the boss's karaoke on the bus. What was he singing?
    I have no idea at all but it was brilliant, wasn't it? We were all happy and we let our emotions out on the bus.

Let's talk about your rehabilitation and plans for the World Cup. I am sure fans want to hear that? At the moment I am carrying on with my rehabilitation programme. Chelsea have allowed me to carry on till the end of May at Cobham and my fitness will be assessed by the experts as the days go by. I feel a lot better than I did a few weeks ago so I am keeping my fingers crossed that all will be well.

You have been selected in Ghana's 30-man squad. Is the Ghana FA aware of your current situation?
    The plan right now is to have a detailed meeting with the Ghana FA and with Chelsea as well in the next few days. We are organising that as we speak so everyone will be fully informed about the situation and the progress on a daily basis. We felt it was best to leave it till now so as not to disrupt Chelsea's League and Cup plans and also it is the best time for the Ghana FA as the team will be getting ready to meet up now.

As you know a lot of people have been sending you good wishes and some have even been holding prayer sessions for you in Ghana. How does that make you feel?
    Yes, I get loads of emails from well-wishers all the time and I am always grateful for people's wishes. I also found out through a friend about the prayer session held for me. I am really touched by such generosity from the organisers and the people who attended the prayer session. I am humbled and extremely grateful.

So can fans expect to see you in South Africa for the World Cup?
    That is the plan at least. I have to keep working hard to be fit and I can assure you I am doing that. Once I am fit I hope to feature in at least one trial match before the World Cup starts. I haven't played since January as you well know so I will need games before the real thing starts. However even if I don't get any trial games, as long I am declared fit by the medical team then I will be in South Africa for sure.

Any final messages for the fans?
    I will like to urge all Ghanaians to keep supporting the Black Stars with or without Michael Essien. We need your support through thick and thin and I hope like the Chelsea fans, Ghanaians will back the squad before, during and after the World Cup. Hopefully I will see you in South Africa.

Well I'm back to my negative self ;) - Villa and (probably) Cesc Fabregas
    to go to the camp **** Nou this summer.

GAME OVER

CL is a done deal at Barça.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

GAME OVER

before you even see who we sign.............tut tut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

before you even see who we sign.............tut tut

If Anything This Will Spur Chelsea to Make Some top Class signings!! Roman wants his CL Glory!

If Anything This Will Spur Chelsea to Make Some top Class signings!! Roman wants his CL Glory!

Hes not the only one!
    Im afraid of the CL, Im dreading it even though we just did the double. Anything less than finishing top of our group with nothing but wins will make me a VERY nervous blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

how come would it cost for Real Madrid to sign Frank Lampard?

CorkMan wrote: »

A whole fookin load, I cant begin to imagine how much cash it would take to pry Frank out of Roman's hands.

• Advertisement

Lampard isn't going anywhere for any price.

Noone said he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Hes not the only one!
    Im afraid of the CL, Im dreading it even though we just did the double. Anything less than finishing top of our group with nothing but wins will make me a VERY nervous blue.

This Time We Need Luck! I think its being proven over the years ya need a little bit of Luck to Win the Chamions League

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

A whole fookin load, I cant begin to imagine how much cash it would take to pry Frank out of Roman's hands.

50 million sterling?

It would take a lot of money, and a midfielder thats good enough to do what he does for Chelsea and more. Personally, I dont think you can find a player to do that. So theres no way he would be allowed leave the club.
    Any offers that come near tempting would be likely met with a contract extension and a pay rise anyways.

Even if they stuck 60 million on the table I think it would be turned down , he is a pivotal part of the team and integral to the development of some of the youths that will one day replace him .

After all the help and support he received from the Club and fans when his mother passed he said he would never leave , its not just money or status that ties him to the club there is pure raw emotion which would be very hard to sway

Noone said he is.

Yeah I know, but we don't need to sell one of our best players and there is no price that we would sell him for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

GAME OVER

Pfffft, its a long summer and David Villa was always gonna stay in Spain no matter what the English Media said. Good player who will help them and the system they play. I would take Aguerro over him for a similar price though everyday of the week. ;)

How much you got? :cool:

Seriously though he along with maybe Messi, Rooney, C.Ronaldo, to name a few, are priceless for their current clubs for what the offer and give to the team, losing frank, no matter what money would prove impossoble to replace, no matter what people from other clubs say there is no midfielder that plays like Frank that gets the goals he does and the assists he does, hes priceless.

You can keep your Snejider, Xavi, Cesc, Gerrard the only player I would even consider a swap for Frank is Inieista and thats even at a push.

Frank FTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Hmmm...

Am I the only one who thinks this article is bullsh*t?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/19/roman-abramovich-chelsea-loan-debt
    Roman Abramovich still owed £726m under complex Chelsea structure

Chelsea's owner, Roman Abramovich, channels his loans to the club through a holding company, Fordstam Limited. Photograph: Ian Kington/AFP/Getty Images

When Chelsea published their accounts for 2008-09 earlier this year, the club announced that its owner, the Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich, had written off his mammoth £726m loan to the club, and converted it into shares.

But is not quite as clear-cut as that. Abramovich channelled his loans to the club, since taking it over in 2003 and wanting to spend its way to trophies, via a holding company, Chelsea Limited. He loaned money to Chelsea Limited, who then loaned it on to Chelsea FC plc, which runs the club.

It is true that the loans from the holding company to Chelsea FC plc were fully converted to shares last year. However Abramovich's loan to Chelsea Limited, the holding company which owns Chelsea FC plc, was not. That loan remains owing; in fact it increased from £701m, because Abramovich loaned another £25m in a year when Chelsea's extravagant spending, and the dismissal of Luiz Felipe Scolari and his coaching team, produced losses of £47m.

The accounts of Chelsea Limited (whose name was changed during the year to Fordstam Limited), show that loan still outstanding: £726m, owed to Abramovich.

A spokesman for the club confirmed that yesterday: "Recapitalisation of loans happened at the level of Chelsea FC plc, not the holding company (Fordstam), therefore making the football club debt free."

That is true. But Fordstam owns the football club company, and owes Abramovich £726m. The loan is interest free, but it is repayable if Abramovich gives 18 months' notice. The Russian could still demand the money back some day, either if the club is making a profit, or if he were to sell it. He has not, in fact, written off the huge loans he has made on his Chelsea adventure.

Now I may not be as clued in regarding corporate affairs as the communists over in the Guardian, but what this article merely highlights is that Chelsea FC PLC stocks to the tune of 726m are now an asset of a holdings company (Fordstarn Ltd), which owes Abramovic 726m in loans.

If he calls in those loans from Fordstarn, the company must raise the cash, presumably through the sale of assets.

Since I'm assuming the only assets on its books are the 726m stock in Chelsea FC PLC, this would require selling these stocks in the open market.

So essentially, Abramovic has 726m worth of shares in Chelsea FC PLC, which in my mind would near enough reflect the market value of the club. He cannot simply "call in his debt" from Chelsea, without forfeiting all or at least a portion of ownership of the club. The way that article is written, you'd swear he was poised to swoop on the club's cashflow any time he sees fit.

Unless I'm missing something... which I doubt... seeing as I'm not a hammer-and-sickle-wielding Fleet Street Comrade with a chip on my shoulder regarding anyone earning above the average industrial wage... :rolleyes:

heres what i did to pish off about 99% of my mates!
    hehe!!

[may require ye to log in, let me know!]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Hmmm...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/19/roman-abramovich-chelsea-loan-debt

Now I may not be as clued in regarding corporate affairs as the communists over in the Guardian, but what this article merely highlights is that Chelsea FC PLC stocks to the tune of 726m are now an asset of a holdings company (Fordstarn Ltd), which owes Abramovic 726m in loans.

If he calls in those loans from Fordstarn, the company must raise the cash, presumably through the sale of assets.

Since I'm assuming the only assets on its books are the 726m stock in Chelsea FC PLC, this would require selling these stocks in the open market.

So essentially, Abramovic has 726m worth of shares in Chelsea FC PLC, which in my mind would near enough reflect the market value of the club. He cannot simply "call in his debt" from Chelsea, without forfeiting all or at least a portion of ownership of the club. The way that article is written, you'd swear he was poised to swoop on the club's cashflow any time he sees fit.

Unless I'm missing something... which I doubt... seeing as I'm not a hammer-and-sickle-wielding Fleet Street Comrade with a chip on my shoulder regarding anyone earning above the average industrial wage... :rolleyes:

I'd take anything coming out of the Guardian a lot more seriously than anything from the redtops.

The Guardian may be slightly to the left of anything Rupert Murdoch produces but they are hardly communist. After all they championed the Lib Dems at the last election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

greendom wrote: »
    I'd take anything coming out of the Guardian a lot more seriously than anything from the redtops.

The Guardian may be slightly to the left of anything Rupert Murdoch produces but they are hardly communist. After all they championed the Lib Dems at the last election.

Pinko Commies then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Wonder if we'd look at Pato or Benzema?

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Hmmm...

RA owns the holding company also , so in fact he owes himself the money :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

greendom wrote: »

They are usually reliable in their reporting, and I enjoy their podcasts. But this piece is misguided. And they're commies. :pac:
    RA owns the holding company also , so in fact he owes himself the money :D

Yes, he owns the company, but since Fordstarn converted the debt to equity, it (or, by proxy, RA) can no longer use Chelsea cash to repay the debt. Now what he can do is pay dividends to Fordstarn from Chelsea PLC Ltd. But that'd be subject to cap gains.

Forgot to ask , is it normal for a team to wear their next season kit at an FA cup final as Chelsea did on Saturday ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Forgot to ask , is it normal for a team to wear their next season kit at an FA cup final as Chelsea did on Saturday ?

Seemed be alot of fans wearing the new strip for the FA cup final from what the tv pics showed. still not won over on it. Great that I can now drink Carlsberg again now they dropped the Pool sponsership!
    Now if Aquerro signs it could be a different story................., wonder would he get the No.10!

Fiskar wrote: »
    Seemed be alot of fans wearing the new strip for the FA cup final from what the tv pics showed.

yes, so did the team too.

yes, so did the team too.

A lot of teams wear next season's kit in the final game of the season to show it off.

• Advertisement

A bit off topic : BUT if your looking for some comedy head on over to the Man U thread , talk about eating your own !

keane2097 wrote: »
    Look at that - three savage posts in a row! You even broke out the good old rolleyes dude at the end to show us you really mean business.

Take the rest of the night off boy - you must be wrecked :pac:
    F off Fergie. F off Gill. F off Glazer.

ONE PLAYER! MAYBE.

We HAVE to sign at least one world class player, and I'm not sure even that would be enough.

Gone from a 100million warchest. to 1 or 2 players. to MAYBE 1. F off.

City will improve. Chelsea will improve. Liverpool will (have to) improve. We won't win the league with the current squad. Never mind Europe with Real and Barca actually improving their squads. If we don't sign anyone this summer, we win nothing next season. Even if we do sign just one player, unless it is the exact right player, it will still be an up hill struggle. No freaking way Fergie can think the current squad, which relied so heavily on Giggs, Scholes and Neville this season just gone, will be good enough to win the PL next season. This kind of meely mouth crap from Fergie freaking sickens me.

PHB wrote: »
    Even if Fergie is playing mind games to get prices down, one signing is just a ****ing joke of an idea, since its clear that Fergie is certainly interested in signing another striker. If he thinks that the midfield is in good shape, frankly he's ****ing delusional. Anderson will need to step it up something fierce, and Hargreaves will need to play 40 games, for us to have a hope at either the CL or the league next year if we have to live with ****ing **** Carrick

RIP Manutd

Sure it would bring a tear to a glass eye , should send the monkey over there to show them how to keep there heads up :D

On a serious note , they only lost the league by one point , albeit we were the better team throughout , also the only got knocked out of Europe by a moment of magic but the way some folk are going on you swear they avoided relegation on the last day.

Its already looking good for next season , I wonder what price I could get on the treble.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement