Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Saw somewhere earlier in the thread the Guardian report that Chelsea are still 700 million in debt to Roman. Turns out that this is again completely false, Chelsea are debt free.

"Chelsea Football Club has released a statement today (Wednesday) following media stories on club finance.
    The statement reads:
    'Contrary to media reports today, other than a small residual balance Chelsea Football Club and our parent company Chelsea FC plc are debt free and do not owe any money to our shareholder (Fordstam Ltd). Neither do we owe any money to Roman Abramovich."

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2055740,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

sure aul Roman wouldnt walk away from THE BECT CLUB IN ENGERLAND..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Anyone Reckon we will buy before the WC, I would really love a few transfers before the world cup!! Plus if Aguero gets in the starting 11 & does well his price will rocket!! Its obviously he wants to come to Chelsea. I really think we should sign him up ASAP

Also When is J.Coles Contract up!! Hoping he will stay also & it will be sorted before the WC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I'd agree with getting business done before the World Cup... Serves a good purpose

Cole's contract is up soon, June/July I think. Hopefully he doesn't get into the WC Squad, his position is weakened and he gets a big dose of reality that he is not worth as much money as Lampard/Terry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Id like to get any business done before the WC, the next 3 weeks will be key, before the players kick a ball at the WC.

I would hope to get Aguerro, I believe he willbe our only "top" player signed this summer.

Either way, I cant wait for the next EPL season to begin.

• Advertisement

Aguero is more or less a done deal from what I can gather, so hopefully he'll be here before, rather than after the WC.

I'd still love to get Toulalan, but he'll be a lot more difficult to acquire than Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

DazMarz wrote: »
    Aguero is more or less a done deal from what I can gather, so hopefully he'll be here before, rather than after the WC.

I'd still love to get Toulalan, but he'll be a lot more difficult to acquire than Aguero.

How come so confident about Aguero coming do you have inside info?

Apparantally we've had a 17mil rejected from Barca for Toure.

smuckers wrote: »
    How come so confident about Aguero coming do you have inside info?

Apparantally we've had a 17mil rejected from Barca for Toure.

Don't want Toure, decent footballer but I'd prefer if we sign a right winger like Silva or Mata, I'd like to see Zhirkov on the right next season as well.

I do not have inside info, but it is well documented that Aguero wants to come to Chelsea, Chelsea want him, Atletico need money, Chelsea will probably be the only ones to produce the cash required etc.

It could go tits up, but from all the information I have seen/heard, he will 99% be playing for Chelsea next season.

Zhirkov is also a left sided player, so I can't see him being deployed on the right, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

I do not have inside info, but it is well documented that Aguero wants to come to Chelsea, Chelsea want him, Atletico need money, Chelsea will probably be the only ones to produce the cash required etc.

It could go tits up, but from all the information I have seen/heard, he will 99% be playing for Chelsea next season.

Zhirkov is also a left sided player, so I can't see him being deployed on the right, tbh.

Agree wit Daz, in a recent interview Aguero said he would like to join a club like Chelsea which is challenges for the biggest trophies!! He pointed out players like Drogba & Lampard who he could learn a lot from.

He also ruled out City even when 4th place wasn’t decided!

• Advertisement

I still want Toulalan to come to Chelsea all the same. A good, solid, seal-it-up midfielder to play alongside the likes of Essien, Mikel and Ballack and so on.... What a rampaging force they'd be then!!! Moreso than now!

Duff and Robben are both left sided players deployed on the right to devastating effect. Think he's far too good to be a bit part player, look what he did to Villa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Lukker- wrote: »
    Duff and Robben are both left sided players deployed on the right to devastating effect. Think he's far too good to be a bit part player, look what he did to Villa.

Joe Cole was also supposedly the answer to England's left sided attacking options for the last few years. So I think being left or right footed doesn't preclude you from operating on the opposite wing.

Saying that, doubt Zhirkov will operate down the right. :o

With Kun in the squad, going forward will not be an issue, tbh... Between him, Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Lampard... that is some attacking threat...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Aguero coming to Chelsea would be fantastic.

Also, just wondering. Was planning on going over to the bridge some time in the new season, bout October or that, with the missus. Was wondering where are the good places to stay for the weekend and the good pubs to go to. Any info would be awesome.

Heehee, I was lookin at the Chelsea Village hotel today the missus said "I wanna stay there!" I would assume that is quite expensive for one of their match day packages, yeah?

V9 wrote: »

Also, just wondering. Was planning on going over to the bridge some time in the new season, bout October or that, with the missus. Was wondering where are the good places to stay for the weekend and the good pubs to go to. Any info would be awesome.

Heehee, I was lookin at the Chelsea Village hotel today the missus said "I wanna stay there!" I would assume that is quite expensive for one of their match day packages, yeah?

I generally stay in and around Kensington in any random hotel there, good location, close to the city (well in it) and a tube ride to Fulham broadway. Never even bothered looking into Chelsea Village hotels, can't imagine the price. My pre-match routine involves a pint at the Fox and Pheasant which always has a great atmosphere on matchdays, not much room though. Generally theres plenty of good spots in and around the Bridge. Be prepared to show your ticket to get into some pubs, they can be fairly stringent at weeding out the away fans. Was at a Bolton match before where the only touts we could get were in the away end and I almost took them out to get into a bar and then I just said I left them at the hotel..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I stayed there for a game and The hotel was quite dated if im to be honest .

The nicest and most reasonably priced hotel that I have stayed in so far in London has been the Park Plaza in Westminster , 3 minute walk to the tube and the London eye and all the other usual tourist muck is only 3-4 minute walk away also

the ex chelsea manager avram grant has parted ways with pompey according to ssn

was lookin at the Chelsea Village hotel today the missus said "I wanna stay there!" I would assume that is quite expensive for one of their match day packages, yeah?

Stayed there for the game Chelsea v. Pompey back in December. I liked the place, I gotta admit (in fairness, I got a free upgrade to a deluxe-something room, cos the room I had booked was not ready yet! Is nice!!!). Nice spot, but the prices are inflated for match days.

I stayed in a Travelodge (Travelodge Fulham) which is on North End Road (SW6 1NQ) and is literally a 5 minute walk from Fulham Broadway Tube Station. The place is near to shops, fast-food outlets, restaurants, bars, you name it. £50 a night when I was there and it was a nice room, clean, safe and had a great view of the Bridge from the window!!!:D

There are a plethora of places to stay in and around Fulham, but I would defo be staying in that Travelodge again, purely for how reasonable and convenient it was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Me and the aul lad stayed in the Chelsea Village Hotel about 7 years ago for the game against Leeds(Gudjohnson bicycle kick - what a memory :D ) and the place was lovely I thought.

Used to stay in the Jury's hotel in Kensington with the aul fella when I was a kid but that's way to pricey for me now as I usually go on my own these days. The last few times I've stayed in the Chelsea Lodge Hotel for about 55 quid for the night and it's only a minute or two walk from the bridge.

Like to get a bit of food and a few drinks in the Lloyds No 1 Weatherspoons, which is just above the Fulham broadway tube station. Last time I went into it was very early and didn't need to show my ticket but you usually need to when it get's busier.

• Advertisement

Work today with a fairly raw and sickened United fan was an entertaining experience... He had to actually leave early (not because of me, but I wish it was....:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

A thing of beauty arrived for me today .... brought tears to my eyes ...

4629310654_49bd8ee5f3_o.jpg

MALOUDA 15 on the back ... my pride and joy - I'll never take it off ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Pity Mourinho couldn't do with Chelsea what he did with Inter. He is probaly gonna bid for Chelsea players with the funds at Real.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

None of our top players are going anywhere.

CorkMan wrote: »
    Pity Mourinho couldn't do with Chelsea what he did with Inter. He is probaly gonna bid for Chelsea players with the funds at Real.

Yeah, you need a bit of luck to succeed in Europe, he never had that in Europe with Chelsea.

He can bid all he likes for Chelsea players, don't think Chelsea will have the greatest of enthusiasm to sell to Madrid.

Anyway Congrats to Mourinho on winning the CL for the 2nd time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

CorkMan wrote: »

The only one I think he'd realistically want would be Ash Cole.

flahavaj wrote: »
    The only one I think he'd realistically want would be Ash Cole.

Madrid have been trying to poach Essien for 3 seasons, so I'd guess he'd be among the targets.

If Madrid want Essien/Lampard/Ashley etc., they would have to pay upwards of £50m... at least that's the price tag that Chelsea F.C. should slap on them. No way would we want to lose any of our squad, but if we do and push comes to shove... At least with the millions we'd get we could buy a player of equal/comparable quality.

Also:

The sincerest and best congratulations to José Mourinho! I was absolutely delighted for him, Inter and all the fans of Internazionale. I will also admit that when watching the replay of the final this morning at 5am, I was in tears myself as I watched José crying on the field having won the CL for the second time. I was so happy for him...

While we may have King Carlo... There will only ever be one 'Special One'...

• Advertisement

If Madrid want Essien/Lampard/Ashley etc., they would have to pay upwards of £50m... at least that's the price tag that Chelsea F.C. should slap on them. No way would we want to lose any of our squad, but if we do and push comes to shove... At least with the millions we'd get we could buy a player of equal/comparable quality.

Also:

The sincerest and best congratulations to José Mourinho! I was absolutely delighted for him, Inter and all the fans of Internazionale. I will also admit that when watching the replay of the final this morning at 5am, I was in tears myself as I watched José crying on the field having won the CL for the second time. I was so happy for him...

While we may have King Carlo... There will only ever be one 'Special One'...

My dad's certain he'll be back at Chelsea at some point. I don't mind as long as it is anyone but United.

If I heard Mourinho was coming back to Chelsea, I'd be out on the batter in celebration for the better part of a week...

No offence to Carlo (who has acheived absolute wonders in his first season at the club), but Mourinho was just some man for one man and I think the biggest mistake Chelsea ever made was getting rid of him (with the sales of Arjen Robben and Damien Duff coming second).

I don't know if i'd prefer Mou over Carlo, we are at last playing some attractive attacking football with him, Mou's style was too defensive - and don't want to go back to it .

Also the neutral hate us too much if he were the manager again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

the_monkey wrote: »
    I don't know if i'd prefer Mou over Carlo, we are at last playing some attractive attacking football at last , Mou's style was too defensive - and don't want to go back to it .

Also the neutral hate us too much if he were the manager again.

Chelsea are much more exciting to watch with Ancelotti at the helm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Have to agree with Monkey and Greendom, like the attacking footie we have at moment and won't trade it for any Mouriho game. Too defensive, too tense.
    Hopefully Carlo will provide us with a lot more of that to come.

With Mourinho: winning league at a canter, racking up 95 points and winning league in April...

I'd take that any old day of the week, tbh... Attractive or not...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

With Mourinho: winning league at a canter, racking up 95 points and winning league in April...

I'd take that any old day of the week, tbh... Attractive or not...

That's how the rant Boring, Boring Chelsea came into its own. Much perfer the plaudits we get even from the opposition fans nowadays. We won the league well and truly on the last day, broke the league record for goals scored, got the golden boot and golden gloves. I'd take that any day.

Fiskar wrote: »
    That's how the rant Boring, Boring Chelsea came into its own. Much perfer the plaudits we get even from the opposition fans nowadays. We won the league well and truly on the last day, broke the league record for goals scored, got the golden boot and golden gloves. I'd take that any day.

Indeed, and imagine had we had Essien fit for the season ? how much more points could we have accumalated ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I don't think Mourinho would come back to Chelsea. I believe he wants to manage United at some point. The only reason I'd see him going back to Chelsea is because maybe he feels that his "project" there was incomplete because of the lack of a CL trophy with Chelsea. But I can't see him managing under Abramovich again.

I am one of them people who doesn't care whether we play like Barcelona or Stoke City. Win at all costs, the end will justify the means, IMO.

But I gotta admit... I love winning 7-0 and 8-0 a lot!:D

Osu wrote: »
    I don't think Mourinho would come back to Chelsea. I believe he wants to manage United at some point. The only reason I'd see him going back to Chelsea is because maybe he feels that his "project" there was incomplete because of the lack of a CL trophy with Chelsea. But I can't see him managing under Abramovich again.

I think he'd prefer to manage City, he'd see that as more of a challenge. He said after getting knocked out of Europe by United last year he can see himself returning to Chelsea at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

the_monkey wrote: »
    Indeed, and imagine had we had Essien fit for the season ? how much more points could we have accumalated ?

Maybe then you'd have believed a little in your team instead of spending the entire season p*ssing and moaning about them and writing them off, eh?;)

I'd love it if Mourinho came back, but I want Carlo to get a good swing at this, and to have at least 4-5 more seasons at the Bridge, tbh. Could be the start of a beautiful relationship...

WTF, apparently we signed Yossi Benayoun and are also in for Mashcerno. If true, awful signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'd love it if Mourinho came back, but I want Carlo to get a good swing at this, and to have at least 4-5 more seasons at the Bridge, tbh. Could be the start of a beautiful relationship...

I'm happy with Carlo in there at the moment. He's won the CL so should be able to get us a good shot at winning it.
    I think with a fully fit and focused squad we would have beaten Inter this year but thats another story :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lukker- wrote: »
    WTF, apparently we signed Yossi Benayoun and are also in for Mashcerno. If true, awful signings.

Hopefully its BS.

Yossi isnt good enough IMO. Never really in the game enough for me, Mascherano could work as a good anchor, to allow Essien and Lampard free but at the moment, id say no, when Essien is abck he will slot in tpo the anchor role and hopefully allo lamps and malouda to play together to such good effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Lukker thats the biggest load of shaight Iv heard in a long time. Link now..

I'm in school now so only have mobile web, but its on plenty of sites, even with quotes from him saying how he wants to play for us. Google Benayoun and then click news tab, you should get plenty of links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ESPN- wrote: »
    Liverpool midfielder Yossi Benayoun has caused a combination of outrage and shock on Merseyside by an apparent public declaration that he wants to quit Anfield for Stamford Bridge.

Benayoun is quoted in the Daily Mail as saying: "Ancelotti wants me for next season and now everything depends on Liverpool. Chelsea will have to pay some £6 million but I believe that in the end I'll be moving there."

That has sparked a combustible reaction in the Red half of Merseyside, with Liverpool fans confused whether the comment is factual or not and totally surprised by it.

Soccernet last week broke the news that Chelsea were considering a move for the Israeli captain. That, too, provoked disbelief.

But a source close to the 30-year-old midfielder told Soccernet at the time: "Nobody has spoken to me about interest from Chelsea, but it wouldn't surprise me.

"As for whether Yossi would want to go, he is the type of player who wants to play every game. When he is left out of the team, he wants to go, when he is in the team, he wants to stay. He keeps changing his mind as he has been in and out of the team all season."

Much of the surprise from Liverpool fans is due to the fact Carlo Ancelotti has expressed the desire to lower the average age of his Chelsea side and bring through younger players.

Yet Benayoun is 30, which flies in the face of that declared policy and gives credence to the suspicion that it cannot be true.

But there is continued uncertainty about the future of Joe Cole who is out of contract and available on a free transfer, as his contract talks have stalled.

there ya go.

if those quotes are true (taken with a giant pinch of salt due to it being the Daily Mail) if he or his 'source' think he'll be starting, he's nuttier than a Balotelli bar.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=789734&sec=transfers&campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5739

knock on down about a quarter the way down of this link.

the oul Goal.com has a similar story

and BreakingFootballNews isnt far behind either with the story.

I dont really think we need Yossi, where would he slot into in our usual 1st team? he wouldnt take any players place in my opinion. i think he would be a bench warmer, and if hes happy with that instead of 1st team footy, thats his cross to carry.

Mascherano on the other hand id love to see coming, Essien is class as a DF, but i think hes powerful when he bombs forward, having a DF alongside him would allow him freedom to plough ahead down the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Benayoun is a quality player but we really don't need him.

Macherano though would be brilliant imo but I can't see it happening.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement