Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I've always been a big fan of Benayoun. He's a very crafty player with great vision and attacking ability. If we signed him, I wouldn't be too upset.

When he came on for Liverpool at Stamford Bridge I **** myself, because he's a dangerous little bugger.

But, as said above, not sure if Chelsea need him. I would see him as a great sub, replacing J. Cole.

There's also some gossip of Yaya Toure heading to Stamford Bridge..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

YOUTH AND RESERVES END OF SEASON AWARDS
    By Philip Rolfe • on May 16, 2010 •

For a bit of fun, it’s time to take a look at the best of the best in the 2009/10 Youth and Reserve season with a handful of end-of-year awards. It goes without saying that every player deserves great credit for their work throughout the season and each and every one of them has developed their game from where it was twelve months ago, but it’s always nice to look back at the best moments, and also unveil who you have voted as your Players of the Season.

Over the last week there has been a three-part review of the campaign here on CFCnet, so it makes no sense to repeat that in some preamble before things get going. Therefore, we’ll dive straight in, and remain positive throughout. These are all personal choices – if people disagree, please feel free to weigh in with comments!

RESERVE TEAM PERFORMANCE OF THE SEASON – CHELSEA RES 4-1 WEST HAM RES
    Early in the season the Blues were in some decent form, racking up 5-2 wins over Portsmouth and Ipswich, the latter in friendly action, but no better performance was seen than that of the 4-1 demolition of West Ham in mid-October. Against a Hammers side featuring full internationals in Manuel Da Costa and Luis Jimenez alongside and experienced hand in Nigel Quashie and young talents Nouble and Stanislas, a youthful Blues team including Alex turned on the style. The Brazilian opened the scoring with a free kick early in the match, and although it took until the 70th minute to add to the tally, Daniel Sturridge’s goal set off a late flurry which was combined with some silky football. A glorious counter-attack led to Fabio Borini scoring the first of a late brace, and even Nouble’s stoppage time goal was spectacular. Captain Jeffrey Bruma was outstanding at the heart of the defence and in a league which is often bereft of attacking excellence or notable action, this night was full of it.

RESERVE TEAM GOAL OF THE SEASON – GAEL KAKUTA VS WOLVES (H)
    There are some fine goals to pick from here, including long-range efforts from Conor Clifford away to both Stoke and Wolves, and Borini’s aforementioned counter-attack finish at home to West Ham, but for sheer brilliance the award goes to Gael Kakuta’s strike on a cold January night at Cobham. Holding a 1-0 lead late in the game, Chelsea looked to seal the result and attacked through Jacob Mellis. The midfielder spread the play wide to Kakuta on the right, and with a quick drop of the shoulder he came inside and unleashed a missile of an effort into the top corner. Done with an incredible air of nonchalence, it encapsulated a player in a moment, and is a deserving winner.

RESERVE TEAM BEST NEWCOMER – CONOR CLIFFORD
    A hard award to choose from because of the lack of actual transfers into the team, therefore meaning it goes to somebody who truly began to establish themselves in the team this season. It therefore goes to Irishman Clifford, who progressed from Under-18 football to become a regular in the side, playing in a number of different midfield roles and chipping in with some spectacular goals. His ascent coincided with his captaincy of the Youth Cup winning team, which featured a few reserve team players, but in playing over half of the reserve calendar, he has most certainly made the step up.

RESERVE TEAM MOST IMPROVED PLAYER – KENNY STRICKLAND
    A hard award to consider when everybody has impressed at one time or another, but it’s perhaps fitting for Strickland to win this one. After being released by Manchester United last summer, he failed to earn a professional contract at another club and instead came to Chelsea for another year in the junior ranks, with the aim of developing sufficiently to prove his worth to another team. After excelling at Under-18 level he moved into Holland’s reserves, scoring his maiden goal at Aston Villa and generally looking comfortable in his role at centre-back. He is almost sure to move on, but undoubtedly with his pre-season aim having been met, and with interest.

RESERVE TEAM UNSUNG HERO – BEN GORDON
    In what might turn out to be his last year at the club (something which remains unclear right now), Ben played eleven reserve fixtures this season, and put in a solid effort at both ends of the pitch in every single outing. Only Fabio Borini featured more for Steve Holland’s team, and following in the footsteps of some talented players in his position in recent years, he showed enough progress to earn a loan move to Tranmere Rovers late in the season. Rarely as flashy as some of his team-mates, he remained dependable and consistent all season, in a position key to the 4-4-2 diamond formation.

RESERVE TEAM PLAYER OF THE SEASON – DANIEL STURRIDGE
    The votes have been counted and you have voted Daniel Sturridge as your Reserve Team Player of the Season. The new signing may have only played six times but often appeared to be a cut above those he was playing alongside, and his five goals were testament to that. The vote was incredibly close, with Nemanja Matic just two votes behind him. The Serbian would have been a deserving choice but Sturridge takes it.

Daniel Sturridge – 37.93%
    Nemanja Matic – 35.63%
    Fabio Borini – 21.84%
    Rhys Taylor – 4.6%

Onto the youth team…

UNDER-18 PERFORMANCE OF THE SEASON – CHELSEA U18 4-0 BLACKBURN U18 (FAYC SEMI 2ND LEG)
    This could have gone to any number of outings, particularly in the cup, but at Stamford Bridge in the Semi Final it was one way traffic almost from the off, and was the moment when the dream of winning the competition started to become very much a vivid possibility. Holding a 1-0 lead from the first leg, Dermot Drummy’s boys swamped their opponents, battering at the door and eventually breaking it down. Marko Mitrovic, Gokhan Tore and a brace from Jacopo Sala put the seal on a fantastic night in front of 3500 fans and signalled their intent to win the competition.

UNDER-18 GOAL OF THE SEASON – BILLY KNOTT VS CHARLTON (H)
    In another year, Mitrovic’s stonking volley away to Coventry may have won this award. Or Conor Clifford’s cup-clinching blockbuster. Or Sala’s turn and hit against Birmingham. Even Knott’s right-footed effort away to Ipswich might have taken it, but instead his goal at home to Charlton walks it. Kicking off the second half, the Blues played the ball from left to right, and back again, piecing together thirteen passes involving eight of the ten outfield players. It all culminated in left-back Knott taking Mitrovic’s layoff and arrowing an unstoppable drive into the top corner, leaving Connor Gough helpless. Boring, boring Chelsea eh?

UNDER-18 BEST NEWCOMER – DANIEL MILLS PAPPOE
    With Philipp Prosenik the only overseas newcomer, this award was always likely to come from the crop of first-years, but instead went to a player who was still a schoolboy for the season. Nonetheless, Daniel played the entire campaign, showing a great deal of development at centre-back after becoming rather dominant against junior opponents for three seasons in the Under-16s. He was a key part of the run to the Final but unfortunately missed out on the occasion with an injury, yet made his reserve team bow and grabbed his first goal at Stoke. A very fine season indeed.

UNDER-18 MOST IMPROVED PLAYER – KABY
    It wasn’t that Kaby had a poor 2008/09, but quite simply he has reinvented himself this season in a way few imagined possible. The once dribble-happy attacking playmaker who was often on the periphery of games is now a heart-and-soul, dogged terrier of a midfielder with three red cards to his name this season. His temper may be as short as his stature but what he makes up for in size, he certainly makes up for in effort and talent. His first Under-18 goal came in superb fashion against Watford, and he would score against them en route to the cup final later in the season too. A key part of the youth team and regular captain, he deserves a great deal of praise for his accomplishments this season.

UNDER-18 UNSUNG HERO – BEN SAMPAYO
    Ben came into his first season as a full-time scholar as a backup player with ideas of playing at either right or centre-back, but clearly behind the incumbents in those positions. Nine months and 25 appearances later, he is a regular in the team at either full-back position, and one of the players you can depend on for a solid, hard-working ninety minutes. He gets forward well, defends well, and communicates with his team-mates effectively, understanding the tendencies of his opponents and reacting accordingly.

UNDER-18 PLAYER OF THE SEASON – CONOR CLIFFORD
    If the Reserve award was tight to the finish, Conor ran away with the Under-18 one, taking home 65% of the vote. It’s not hard to see why you’ve voted him as your Player of the Season, after all, his 85th minute scorcher to clinch the FA Youth Cup was the stuff dreams are made of. The Chelsea fan captained the youth team for most of the season, moving into the reserves but never leaving the academy side behind, he played eighteen times in all at youth level, grabbing three crucial goals in the cup run, and is quite clearly a popular figure amongst Chelsea followers.

Conor Clifford – 65.43%
    Marko Mitrovic – 20.99%
    Aziz Deen-Conteh – 7.41%
    Sam Walker – 6.17%

That really concludes the awards, and the bulk of the youth and reserve coverage for the 2009/10 season. There will still be pieces going up on the site, as the world of youth football never stops, but for the best of the day-by-day updates, particularly concerning Chelsea involvement in youth international competitions starting this week, follow @chelseayouth on Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Good read Johner, thanks for the post.

Great season for the club as a whole, great success at under age and at reserve level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Not a peep on the Chelsea F.C. website about any new signings or anything like that...

I wouldn't mind Yossi, tbh, but I think he'd be pushed to find himself in the starting 11 week in/week out, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

DazMarz wrote: »
    Not a peep on the Chelsea F.C. website about any new signings or anything like that...

I wouldn't mind Yossi, tbh, but I think he'd be pushed to find himself in the starting 11 week in/week out, tbh.

Yeah, nothing is 100%, not even 50%. But the way Benayoun was talking it sounded like the deal was in advanced negotiations, but his agent has come out and said he was maybe a little hasty on his judgement. Good chance nothing will come of it and Chelsea may have just enquried resulting in an over-reaction from Benayoun himself.

Mickey Ballack is apparently closing in on a new deal so thats some decent news. Decent read here that pretty much states that we need at leest one world class signing to compete for the the CL.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Mickey Ballack is apparently closing in on a new deal so thats some decent news. Decent read here that pretty much states that we need at leest one world class signing to compete for the the CL.

Agree with everything pretty much in that article. Totally tells it... except for the bit about Riccy Carvalho. I disagree strongly there. He is not a 'ripe old age'. He is 32, which is not old (Drogba is also 32). Drogba is winning Golden Boots and tearing the pitch up at 32, and the traditional 'rule' of football says that as you go up the pitch from the goalie, the shorter shelf life a player will have (goalies last longest, then defenders and so on).

Riccy is a wily, sneaky, brilliant, crafty, strong and top-class centre half who still has a few seasons of top flight performances in him. I would not want to see him leave just yet, as his experience could prove vital.

Agree with everything pretty much in that article. Totally tells it... except for the bit about Riccy Carvalho. I disagree strongly there. He is not a 'ripe old age'. He is 32, which is not old (Drogba is also 32). Drogba is winning Golden Boots and tearing the pitch up at 32, and the traditional 'rule' of football says that as you go up the pitch from the goalie, the shorter shelf life a player will have (goalies last longest, then defenders and so on).

Riccy is a wily, sneaky, brilliant, crafty, strong and top-class centre half who still has a few seasons of top flight performances in him. I would not want to see him leave just yet, as his experience could prove vital.

Riccy's been a star, was at the heart of the most effective defence the league has ever seen in 04/05 but still with injuries he rarely seems to manage more than half a season, I think it's time to give youth a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Just made a picture on Photoshop to be made onto a t-shirt.
    Front:
    8F73AB23FE6A4FA8ACAC87CEFE9D11B7-800.jpg
    Back:
    6201810AF9E24550987FB5FF788914F7-800.jpg

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Riccy's been a star, was at the heart of the most effective defence the league has ever seen in 04/05 but still with injuries he rarely seems to manage more than half a season, I think it's time to give youth a chance.

Give youth a chance, but by no means get rid of Carvalho, no way. Injuries seem to be plaguing him at the moment, but he is an absolute beast to have in defence. I would say we dispense with him at our peril, tbh.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Just made a picture on Photoshop to be made onto a t-shirt.
    Nice n' all, but I'd change the font.

Give youth a chance, but by no means get rid of Carvalho, no way. Injuries seem to be plaguing him at the moment, but he is an absolute beast to have in defence. I would say we dispense with him at our peril, tbh.

Gotta agree with Daz, getting rid of Riccy would be a very bad decision. I would rather get a top quality half a seasonout of him then get rid of him, he has so much to offer to any youth coming through.

His style of defending is very hard to teach as there is no one else like him around IMO. He can pass on knowledge and hopefully mould a new Riccy for us, hopefully.

With Stephen Ireland apparently* verbally handing in a transfer request at Man City , it could be a very good idea to invest in one of the countries most creative players.

Man City's player of the year in 08/09 would be, IMO a very good signing for us if we could get him. He has 3/4 years left on his current deal and even though City might be apprehensive about selling to a rival, the fact Stephen has apparently asked to leave would mean he would be easier to get.

What do we think? Good potential signing? I reckon 15-20 million and hes ours.

*May or may not be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

he really put the head down and worked his ar$e off in 08/09 and his abilities on the pitch reaped the rewards.
    my only concern would be the very probable tabloid stories he would bring with him. The last thing Chelsea need is another season in the tabloid merry-go-round.

papagormo wrote: »
    he really put the head down and worked his ar$e off in 08/09 and his abilities on the pitch reaped the rewards.
    my only concern would be the very probable tabloid stories he would bring with him. The last thing Chelsea need is another season in the tabloid merry-go-round.

for the start of the 09/10 season he hit the gym hard and worked on bulking up and improving his strength, according to reports.

Anytime his team-mates comment on him he seems to be a modest professional, getting stuck in and doing his bit and trying to improve himself.

I think his off field stories have subsided and if the media have thought me anything, its that they can make the smallest incident into a huge problem. Stephens personal life and potential problems havnt been in the media much in the past 24 months, apart from a few dodgy paint jobs on cars.

I would welcome him with open arms, at his age he is perfect to come here and replace J.Cole should J.Cole go and could play off the front men or in midfield, IMO he would be a valuable asset.

iirc he is a Man Utd fan, I dont think City will let him go to Utd so if we want him I dont think there will be much competition for his signature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Stephen Ireland would be a gamble and rather than spending that kind of money I'd rather we try to hold on to Joe Cole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

"Only if someone comes in to pay his buy-out clause would we then have to see what he decides...I would be surprised if he wasn't here next season.

I think that is the key phrase in the article - basically if the price is right they will sell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

greendom wrote: »
    I think that is the key phrase in the article - basically if the price is right they will sell

I believe his buyout clause is 60 million.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Ush1 wrote: »
    I believe his buyout clause is 60 million.:)

Right up Chelsea's street then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Roman will have to really open the purse so

I wouldn't take any transfer talk at the moment as fact. For the moment its just tactics to affect transfer prices, to sell newspapers.

The real transfer talk and subsequent signings will be after the World Cup.

bullpost wrote: »
    Stephen Ireland would be a gamble and rather than spending that kind of money I'd rather we try to hold on to Joe Cole.

Im a huge fan of J.Cole, but I would prefer Ireland, he has the ability to it right in to our midfield and can quite comfortably play from the centre or from the right. J.cole had has injury problems but I have my doubts if he can re-capture the form from 2/3 years ago under Carlo, Id hope he could but so far when he was giving his game he hasnt done it enough, if he could come back next year and improve like Malouda has I would hold on to J.Cole but imjust not sure if he can. Ireland isnt as much as a gamble IMO, a proven player in one of the toughest leagues in Europe at a young age.

All speculation, if Aguerro has a good WC they can demand more, its simply a case of waiting, especially for one of the big transfers, nobody will want to buy or sell a top player before the WC.

gavredking wrote: »
    Im a huge fan of J.Cole, but I would prefer Ireland, he has the ability to it right in to our midfield and can quite comfortably play from the centre or from the right. J.cole had has injury problems but I have my doubts if he can re-capture the form from 2/3 years ago under Carlo, Id hope he could but so far when he was giving his game he hasnt done it enough, if he could come back next year and improve like Malouda has I would hold on to J.Cole but imjust not sure if he can. Ireland isnt as much as a gamble IMO, a proven player in one of the toughest leagues in Europe at a young age.
    I think we owe Joe one more season tbh and I don't think Carlo , after the season we've had with JT and AC media profile would be willing to take a punt on Ireland. Reckon he'll end up at Man U or Villa.

I think we owe Joe one more season tbh and I don't think Carlo , after the season we've had with JT and AC media profile would be willing to take a punt on Ireland. Reckon he'll end up at Man U or Villa.

I think if we could get J.Cole to sign a 2/3 year deal then it would be good but im not to pushed, he has being very frustrating this year, he had a good game against Man Utd in Old Trafford and had a few flashes but a shadow of himself.

I dont quite get the media thing, JT and AC had "alleged" affairs, Ireland decided to walk out on his international team, for his own reasons nearly 3/4 years ago at this stage.

Other then that he doesnt get negative press and his team-mates at City speak highly of him as a professional.

If the price was right I would snap him up without a thought.

Ireland to get the number 7 jersey and Aguerro to take Di Santo's 9 ;)

Ireland to get the number 7 jersey and Aguerro to take Di Santo's 9 ;)

Sounds good...

And as for Atletico not selling Aguero... Ha. That chap will want to leave. He wants to play for the best, he wants Champions League football, he wants big money. Welcome to Chelsea Football Club, Kun. All you could ever want and more can be found here.

Do you really think a guy of his talents would want to stay where he is, and continue playing on freezing cold Thursday nights in the back arse of Translyvannia in the Europa League? Or would he prefer nights in Stamford Bridge, San Siro, Allianz Arena, Stadio do Dragao etc. in the best club competition in the world? Difficult one, isn't it?

Atletico are just looking for more money is all by playing hard-to-get. Ignore all that rubbish.

Anyone who wants to, get "AGUERO 9" printed on the back of a new jersey... Worked well when Robinho came to........... oh wait....;)

A fans poll on the CFC website:

"Which do you want to win more next season?

a) Premier League

b) Champions League"

At the moment, the CL is ahead a whopping 78.8% to 21.2%.... Finally people start agreeing with me!:D

I WANT THE EUROPEAN CUP!!!:o

A fans poll on the CFC website:

"Which do you want to win more next season?

a) Premier League

b) Champions League"

At the moment, the CL is ahead a whopping 78.8% to 21.2%.... Finally people start agreeing with me!:D

I WANT THE EUROPEAN CUP!!!:o

Agreed Daz, to be considered one of the biggest clubs in Europe we have to win the CL, thats IMO of course.

I would love to retain the EPL next year but I hope Carlo can weave his magic in the CL, we have been beaten or knocked out by the winners of the competition for the last years 3 running, Inter, Barca, Utd :(

I would love it if we won the Champions League next season but I still believe the League should be our number 1 target. A few big signings and with a bit of luck we can win both. :)

Agreed Daz, to be considered one of the biggest clubs in Europe we have to win the CL, thats IMO of course.

I would love to retain the EPL next year but I hope Carlo can weave his magic in the CL, we have been beaten or knocked out by the winners of the competition for the last years 3 running, Inter, Barca, Utd :(

That's the only consolation of the whole matter, scant consolation that it may be... That the only teams that were good enough to knock us out were the eventual winners of the competition. I think even in 2006, Barca knocked us out sure. And 2007, Liverpool (finalists knocked us out).... It seems that the teams that dispense with us are either Champions or at least finalists (even in 2004 it was the finalists Monaco knocked us out)... jesus...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Thats nice, I like knowing that so far we've always been just short of whats needed to win the League.

That's the only consolation of the whole matter, scant consolation that it may be... That the only teams that were good enough to knock us out were the eventual winners of the competition. I think even in 2006, Barca knocked us out sure. And 2007, Liverpool (finalists knocked us out).... It seems that the teams that dispense with us are either Champions or at least finalists (even in 2004 it was the finalists Monaco knocked us out)... jesus...

That was my point, we have been there or there abouts and have always being very close to success, no more so then Moscow but if we just got a bit moreluck along the way we can and will win the CL.

It really has been a case of so near, yet so far with us for the last while... But I really and honestly think that next season could just be it. If the kind of form we've had this season could be maintained and a bit of new blood introduced into the squad, it could just be it...

International round up.

INTERNATIONALS: BLUES WIN WITH LES BLEUS

Nicolas Anelka and Florent Malouda both made the starting line-up of France's first World Cup warm-up match.

Anelka played the first half of a 2-1 win in the centre of a three-man attack before being replaced at half-time by Thierry Henry while Malouda, who didn't featured regularly under coach Raymond Domenech in qualifying, played 77 minutes on the left of midfield.

Visitors Costa Rica, who up front featured Bryan Ruiz, a team-mate of Miroslav Stoch at FC Twente last season, took the lead before an own-goal put France level.

Mathieu Valbuena of Marseille, making his France debut, hit the winner on 83 minutes.

Petr Cech played his second international of the close season this week and although he conceded twice, Czech Republic were 4-2 winners over England's World Cup opponents the United States. The match was held in Connecticut.

Fabio Borini, captain of Italy Under 19s, was on target for a second time in his side's four-game qualification tournament, responding to two Russia goals with a long-range strike in the 62nd minute. However Russia scored again and won 3-1 although the defeat didn't damage Italy's passage into July's European Championship Finals. They had won their earlier two games.

Jacopo Sala again started in a much-changed Italy side and played 74 minutes.

England Under 19s and Republic of Ireland Under 19s began their qualification tournament by meeting in Kiev which brought two Chelsea midfielders into direct competition. Jacob Mellis enjoyed the better of the result over Conor Clifford as England won 1-0. Mellis played 76 minutes, Clifford the full game.

On Thursday afternoon, Josh McEachran and Nathaniel Chalobah are expected to play for England Under 17s in the semi-final of the European Championships at that level. Chelsea's official website will have news of the result against France.

Also lots of stories about Cole set to leave for Madrid. All this **** with Cheryl is probably doing his head in. :( I'm praying he doesn't leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Since when did Mourinho join WWE?

Just shows that Mourinho does get very attached to his clubs, does form a big relationship with his players and does display emotions from time to time... A legend in his own time and will keep on getting better.

Johner wrote: »
    Also lots of stories about Cole set to leave for Madrid. All this **** with Cheryl is probably doing his head in. :( I'm praying he doesn't leave.

Id be worried to as Real at LB are very weak and have struggled to fill the gap left by R.Carlos.

A.Cole would be a perfect replacement and IMO a better all round LB then Carlos ever was, the fans would love the attacking ability he posses and his ability to get up and down.

If we lose Cole we still have Zhirkov but id rather keep Cole.

Hope Jose doesnt do a raid on us, but I cant see any of our players leaving for Madrid.

But that being said, Jose at Real will make them even more desireable, the most desireable team to play at in world football and the chance to work with one of the best coaches in the world, could see an exile of players to Real, not that Real ever struggled to have star pulling power, but the Jose factor could turn a few heads.

The one I'd be worried about is Essien. If he went to Madrid would be very hard to replace.

• Advertisement

The one I'd be worried about is Essien. If he went to Madrid would be very hard to replace.

The only comforting thing about if Madrid moved for Essien, Chelsea could easily slap a huge price on him (upwards of €50m or so if we wanted). IMO, Essien would be the biggest loss we could suffer, but if horror of horrors he left, with €50m on the hip, we'd easily make a move for someone like Toulalan who is incredibly like Essien. But I agree that it would be terrible to lose Essien, one of the best players we have!

Same goes for Ashley Cole. In Yuri Zhirkov, we have a very capable left back and in Patrick van Aanholt we have the younger, Dutcher version of Ashley. But I would not want to lose Ashley at all, he is simply too good to let go.

To be honest, I can't see that many (if any) of our players leaving this summer, apart from the obvious candidates (Deco, Belletti, Hilario, etc.) but I'd still be worried about José armed with Perez's chequebook...:(

Essien would be a huge lose,i would be more worried though of losing Lamps, with the money Real have and Jose's pulling power you just never know.

As Daz said, replacing Essien would be tough, not impossible, but repalcing Lamps, that is impossible.

On the flip side, looking at Real, what do they need and what will they get rid of. I dont see Jose making sweeping changes, he might make a move for some Inter players but I dont think he will go for some of ours, Real are very strong and dont need many players, i suppose when Jose goes there he will know what he wants to keep and who he wants to bring in `, hopefully no chelsea players.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8709466.stm

Should be raring to get going come August !

Essien would be a huge lose,i would be more worried though of losing Lamps, with the money Real have and Jose's pulling power you just never know.

As Daz said, replacing Essien would be tough, not impossible, but repalcing Lamps, that is impossible.

On the flip side, looking at Real, what do they need and what will they get rid of. I dont see Jose making sweeping changes, he might make a move for some Inter players but I dont think he will go for some of ours, Real are very strong and dont need many players, i suppose when Jose goes there he will know what he wants to keep and who he wants to bring in `, hopefully no chelsea players.

Lampard will never leave Chelsea, not now anyway. He's 32, and I can't imagine him wanting to have to find a niche in a new club, especially a club in a different country, in a different league. He's the club's vice-captain at Chelsea and is arguably the most adored, adulated and loved player in the club at the moment, possibly even in the club's history.

And I don't think I'm going overboard with that statement, tbh. I know we've had some astounding players throughout our history, all of whom are held in high esteem (Tambling, Osgood, Bonetti, Harris, Zola, and some other names I'm sure I'm leaving off this list!!!) but I think that Frank is head and shoulders above them all. He has been the best player at the club since he joined and has always been a consistent performer throughout. His passion for Chelsea and his desire to play for them is absolutely unquestionable. And this is reciprocated by the fans, who love him dearly (at least I do, anyway!!!) as one of the greatest players ever to pull on the Royal Blue jersey.

He will never leave The Bridge, no matter how José and his Amazing Multi-Million Euro Chequbook tries to tempt him... Not a chance..

The man, the legend, the Blue...

frank-lampard3-415x461.jpg

lampard_1_1024x768.jpg

_42519961_lampard416.jpg

lampard1.jpg

lampard_280x420_41258a.jpg

WATCH OUT, FRANK!!! HE'S BEHIND YOU!!!:)

mourinho-lampard.jpg

In THAT cursed strip...:(
    Reading+v+Chelsea+Pre+Season+Friendly+JJwI-_rYJQel.jpg

Frank-Lampard-Juventus-Chelsea-Champions-Leag_1984841.jpg

Lampard will never leave Chelsea, not now anyway. He's 32, and I can't imagine him wanting to have to find a niche in a new club, especially a club in a different country, in a different league. He's the club's vice-captain at Chelsea and is arguably the most adored, adulated and loved player in the club at the moment, possibly even in the club's history.

And I don't think I'm going overboard with that statement, tbh. I know we've had some astounding players throughout our history, all of whom are held in high esteem (Tambling, Osgood, Bonetti, Harris, Zola, and some other names I'm sure I'm leaving off this list!!!) but I think that Frank is head and shoulders above them all. He has been the best player at the club since he joined and has always been a consistent performer throughout. His passion for Chelsea and his desire to play for them is absolutely unquestionable. And this is reciprocated by the fans, who love him dearly (at least I do, anyway!!!) as one of the greatest players ever to pull on the Royal Blue jersey.

He will never leave The Bridge, no matter how José and his Amazing Multi-Million Euro Chequbook tries to tempt him... Not a chance..

The man, the legend, the Blue...

frank-lampard3-415x461.jpg

lampard_1_1024x768.jpg

_42519961_lampard416.jpg

lampard1.jpg

lampard_280x420_41258a.jpg

WATCH OUT, FRANK!!! HE'S BEHIND YOU!!!:)

mourinho-lampard.jpg

In THAT cursed strip...:(
    Reading+v+Chelsea+Pre+Season+Friendly+JJwI-_rYJQel.jpg

Frank-Lampard-Juventus-Chelsea-Champions-Leag_1984841.jpg

Gotta agree with ya Daz, hes well up there with the best in the clubs history, his displays for Chelsea have been immense, i only put it out there about Lamps leaving, id never expect him to leave but if he was to leave he would be our biggest lose not Essien, not Terry, not Drogba.

Super Frankie Lampard!!!!

He was immense this year again, nobody gets the goals he does from midfield and his assisting is brilant too, I wouldnt swap him for anyone in the world.

Super Frankie Lampard!!! :D

Just back in from work, and I was supposed to give much love from CHD a while back, so I may as well give it now! Hahaha.

Carefree...:)

• Advertisement

Just back in from work, and I was supposed to give much love from CHD a while back, so I may as well give it now! Hahaha.

Carefree :D

I know CHD was a regular poster in here, but I'm not, so I missed what happened.. so... what happened?

edit: and I agree that Lampard will not leave now, or ever.

bw wrote: »
    I know CHD was a regular poster in here, but I'm not, so I missed what happened.. so... what happened?

edit: and I agree that Lampard will not leave now, or ever.

He got drunk and mouthy one time too many... Abused the Man United fans too much and got banned for it... In other words: "what a hero!!!":D

He got drunk and mouthy one time too many... Abused the Man United fans too much and got banned for it... In other words: "what a hero!!!":D

Sometimes the words "what a hero" are over used, not in this case.

TBF his posts were funny to read, whenever I saw a CHD post I always had a look of the time sent to see if he could have being after a few.

CHD = Legend ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

"I'd like to go and play in America when I'm 36 or 35 but you can't take away someone's right to go and play where they want." - Lampard

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6176361,00.html

Carls Jnr, In-N-Out, Cracker Barrel... Frank would be spoilt for choice :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement