Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Jazzy wrote: »
    "I'd like to go and play in America when I'm 36 or 35 but you can't take away someone's right to go and play where they want." - Lampard

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6176361,00.html

Carls Jnr, In-N-Out, Cracker Barrel... Frank would be spoilt for choice :pac:

He'd walk all over the MLS. Basically, Lampard vs. L.A. Galaxy would end 1-1... with Lamps having gotten sent off after 10 minutes...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Connor Clifford scored in the u-19 game vs. Ukraine, was 1-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Obaraten wrote: »
    Chelsea Chelsea !!!!!! :D cmon lads wheres the life in the thread gone? who ya reckon will be joining us in the summer?

I was working!!! Can't be helped! I need money for Las Vegas... all donations gratefully accepted!!!:)

Chelsea's IN/OUT column this summer:

-IN (who'd I'd like to see, in addition to likely candidates!):

Sergio 'Kun' Aguero
    Jérémy Toulalan
    David Silva

-OUT (who should be shown the door and who might leave):

Deco
    Hénriqué Hilarío
    Juliano Belletti

-IN LIMBO (who knows what could happen to them!!!):

Joe Cole
    Ricardo Carvalho
    Ashley Cole (PLEASE DON'T GO!!!)
    Michael Essien (DITTO!!!!)

Summed up neatly!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I would love to see Aguero come in, maybe another good center back too ..

I can't see Essien leaving, nor Lamps ...

Lamps will never leave, not for a European club anyway. He'll end his career out in the USA, most likely.

Also forgot to mention, Paulo Ferreira... another candidate who could be on his way out of the Bridge sooner rather than later. Bit saddened at this, as he's been a loyal and effective player when called upon and will also be missed as an influence too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

With Mourinho looking to challenge Barca he will have to have Ashley Cole at left back and a play maker in midfield in Essien. Question is would Ashley go? I think he will. As for Essien, I'd say no. Don't think Lampard will go.

My players to exit would be

Deco,

Belletti

Ballack

Carvalho

Ferrera

and Hilarious !

Ballack won't go anywhere. He's on the brink of signing a new contract.

I'm also dubious as to whether Ashley will go too... He's on a team almost guaranteed to bring success, so unless Real offer utterly silly money to both him and Chelsea, I can't see it happening.

Wouldn't be a bad addition... Could be the end for Joey Cole if he joins...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Obaraten wrote: »
    would be a very interesting signing,aside from aguero what other big names are we linked with?

None that I've heard of. We've been linked with Jerémy Toulalan for ages, but he seems to be stubborn and unambitious and is happy enough to languish at Lyon, from what I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

for the love of the baby jesus in the pram do not let this be true

papagormo wrote: »
    for the love of the baby jesus in the pram do not let this be true

Fúcking hell.... I actually do not know how to feel about this... Part of me is screaming "NOOOOOOOOO!!! HANDS OFF, T'FÚCK!!!"

but another part is kinda like: "Ooh... Kaka and Higuain.... Attacking football much?"

Lamps and Ashely plus €50m... then we'll talk... maybe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

DazMarz wrote: »
    Fúcking hell.... I actually do not know how to feel about this... Part of me is screaming "NOOOOOOOOO!!! HANDS OFF, T'FÚCK!!!"

but another part is kinda like: "Ooh... Kaka and Higuain.... Attacking football much?"

Lamps and Ashely plus €50m... then we'll talk... maybe...

i know its kaka and all that jazz but im oldfashioned, i prefer sticking to what we know-lampard 20+ goals a season, an excellent midfielder in every respect.
    ashley cole, masterful fullback who can push forward, him and malouda are class.
    we might get 50mill out of it say, but what happens if we spend it on a flop (damm you shevvy, u ruined us!)

papagormo wrote: »
    i know its kaka and all that jazz but im oldfashioned, i prefer sticking to what we know-lampard 20+ goals a season, an excellent midfielder in every respect.
    ashley cole, masterful fullback who can push forward, him and malouda are class.
    we might get 50mill out of it say, but what happens if we spend it on a flop (damm you shevvy, u ruined us!)

All true points...

But I'd still be very very tempted... Higuain is a proven scorer (I know Sheva was too, but Higuain is a lot younger and a lot more adaptable) and Kaka is... well, Kaka...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Wouldn't be interested in that at all. We have to keep Lamps and Ashley and Essien. Wouldn't be too bothered about Kaka if we were to lose Lamps. On the other hand a straight cash deal for Kaka would interest me. Have to hold onto our best players.

Wouldn't be interested in that at all. We have to keep Lamps and Ashley and Essien. Wouldn't be too bothered about Kaka if we were to lose Lamps. On the other hand a straight cash deal for Kaka would interest me. Have to hold onto our best players.

Now you're talkin'....

If we could keep Lamps and Ashley and in some way wrest Kaká from Real................... come to daddy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

has there been much concrete in the Srna story?

He would be an absolutely excellent, sollid acquisition, offer great versatility deputising in the ballack position, joe cole position or even rb (allowing ivanavic to go back to cb if that suited him, or else just as cover) he is as that article says shaktar's best player and definitely someone we should be going after.

I'm sure the kaka higauin story is mostly nonsense, although the risk of us losing some of our prized assets to madrid does exist.
    I am a huge fan of zhirkov and as good as ashley cole is I would be someway open to the idea of swapping him for higauin, with money although it is a big risk.

Higuain is something of a misnomer, he is an excellent footballer, and was up their with Ronaldo as Real's best player last year, yet spent the first part of last season being absolutely slammed by the madrid press, namely by Marca. He is seen as a player of the old regime, and as such can not be painted in a postive light unlike the Perez aquisitions.

What Mourinho will see of him raises many questions, will he be purely logical and recognise his talent or prefer the breathing room of shipping him out and avoiding the bad press, or would he mischiefly like to show the madrid fans that he can get even more out of Benzema instead.

Swapping Kaka for Lampard is another tricky choice albeit largely hypothetical. Ask any other team in the league and they would say yes they would prefer kaka to lampard, but it is hard to see how Chelsea would roll without him, and Kaka's declining form (although I think he may have a great world cup) asks some questions.

Personally my priority would be to get one young central midfielder of the Hamsik ilk, one strong attacker (Aguero - perfect) and keep Essien, if there is investment in youth keep Ballack on a reduced contract if not show him the door

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

None that I've heard of. We've been linked with Jerémy Toulalan for ages, but he seems to be stubborn and unambitious and is happy enough to languish at Lyon, from what I've seen.

Jesus, much of a superiority complex going on there?

Dont forget Toulalan's "languishing" at Lyon saw him get a hell of a lot further in the Champions League this year than he would have at Chelsea, as well as winning more league titles than the likes of Michael Ballack since he's been at Chelsea in the same period of time.

Unambitious. FFS.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Jesus, much of a superiority complex going on there?

Dont forget Toulalan's "languishing" at Lyon saw him get a hell of a lot further in the Champions League this year than he would have at Chelsea, as well as winning more league titles than the likes of Michael Ballack since he's been at Chelsea in the same period of time.

Unambitious. FFS.

Lyon, the titans of Europe.

This year was the farthest Lyon have ever got in the CL and they still got thumped by an average Bayern side without their best player. I don't think it's unambitious to stay in your native country or with your local team I just think it's a shame that some players never realize their potential by challenging for the biggest honours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

You could argue that Lampard is unambitious if he's not interested in joining Real. They are after all a bigger club and to prove yourself in more than one league looks more impressive on your resumé imho. You could argue that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    You could argue that Lampard is unambitious if he's not interested in joining Real. They are after all a bigger club and to prove yourself in more than one league looks more impressive on your resumé imho. You could argue that...

LOL exactly what I thought, Madrid have a history of winning European Cups after all, can't understand why Cole and Lampard would languish at Chelsea.:pac:

Mourinho got sick of languishing there too, and moved on. Upwards on onwards, thats what they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Lukker- wrote: »
    Lyon, the titans of Europe.

This year was the farthest Lyon have ever got in the CL and they still got thumped by an average Bayern side without their best player. I don't think it's unambitious to stay in your native country or with your local team I just think it's a shame that some players never realize their potential by challenging for the biggest honours.

Err, you're saying that as if Chelsea are?

• Advertisement

Wow lots of bitter united fans. All I can say is double champions :cool:

Nothing to do with bitterness. I actually have no problem with Chelsea, they'd be a long way down my list of clubs I don't like, so your "here's one I made earlier" bitter United fans comeback is a bit useless here, thanks.

Whats bitter about pointing out the arrogance of the posts about Toulalan, or a Chelsea fan sneering about how another club are far from being European titans? If anything they're the only bitter posts in here tbh.

Slso I think Ush and Bodhisopha will take great exception to being called United fans tbh.:pac:

The arguement for Toulalan being unambitious is valid. Lyon are a selling club simple as. And Chelsea may not be at the top of your most disliked clubs but it doesn't change the fact ye finished behind us in the league, are a club with major problems and things are only going to go from bad to worse for ye, so ye bitter.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Whats bitter about pointing out the arrogance of the posts about Toulalan, or a Chelsea fan sneering about how another club are far from being European titans? If anything they're the only bitter posts in here tbh.

Slso I think Ush and Bodhisopha will take great exception to being called United fans tbh.:pac:

ah its more just the way that people usually let a few things go in other clubs threads, its understandable for chelsea fans to be a bit up themselves in the chelsea thread just as it is for spurs or burnley fans to be in theirs.

If these things were said/implied in a general thread it would be fair game, but it seems a tad petty for united fans to come in here and pick up on these small little things.

• Advertisement

The arguement for Toulalan being unambitious is valid. Lyon are a selling club simple as. And Chelsea may not be at the top of your most disliked clubs but it doesn't change the fact ye finished behind us in the league, are a club with major problems and things are only going to go from bad to worse for ye, so ye bitter.

So because my club has financial problems, and I disagree with a lad who questions Toulalan's ambition, that makes me bitter? How about you who, instead of coming up with a decent response, posts "All I can say is double champions".

Tell you what, there's far more evidence for you being clueless aswell as bitter than there is for me being just bitter. Grow up.

I don't blame Chelsea for United's problems though.

Schoolyard jibes tbh. Which reek, ironically enough, of bitterness.;)

ah its more just the way that people usually let a few things go in other clubs threads, its understandable for chelsea fans to be a bit up themselves in the chelsea thread just as it is for spurs or burnley fans to be in theirs.

If these things were said/implied in a general thread it would be fair game, but it seems a tad petty for united fans to come in here and pick up on these small little things.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with this being the Chelsea thread. I'd say the exact same thing if it were the United thread. I have no problem questioning people even if they're one of my own club's fans, so don't play the victim card here.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with this being the Chelsea thread. I'd say the exact same thing if it were the United thread. I have no problem questioning people even if they're one of my own club's fans, so don't play the victim card here.

yes of course it has, if you went to a liverpool pub would you pick every single comment up where a bit of pro liverpool bias is suggested.

Of course you would be more liley to object to something a fellow fan said, we all would

Im not playing the victim card I find it funny that so much united supporters are attacted here when everytime i have mentioned chelsea in the united thread ive been told to get my ass back here.

Meh, you'd get bored of a constrant circle jerk without the Bitter United Renegade Police (BURP) to keep ye in line.:pac:

yes of course it has, if you went to a liverpool pub would you pick every single comment up where a bit of pro liverpool bias is suggested.

Of course you would be more liley to object to something a fellow fan said, we all would

Im not playing the victim card I find it funny that so much united supporters are attacted here when everytime i have mentioned chelsea in the united thread ive been told to get my ass back here.

Anyone who says that to a so called opposition fan in their own club's thread bit of a gobsh*te tbh.

Wow, not gonna quote some these awful WUM's but how exactly is calling Lyon a small club on a European scale bitter? Get a grip lads.

So just because I disagree with what one of your fellow fans says, I'm a WUM? That's a great philosophy - Im sure it will get you very far in life. Christ, you respond to something someone says and if you're not blowing daisies up their hole you're labelled a troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Off Topic posts deleted. Keep it on topic lads.

Also, first real SF Mod Action \o/

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

gonzovision won't admit that Dazmarz's comment about Lyon is arrogant, but when Archi and Flah take Dazmarz's same flawed reasoning and apply it to Chelsea, he takes offense and calls them bitter.

Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

According to Daily Mail we are looking at Srna but are identifying other priority positions first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Probably the only time I'll agree with you but it's true. Too much arrogance in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

What's the story with Bosingwa? When is he fit?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Dam I missed the handbags !

Ashley Cole and Lamps are going no where !!!

On the handbags :

Lyon are a good side , The French League is not a great league IMO.

Chelsea are a good side , The EPL is one of the great leagues in Europe.

Srna's would be an odd signing, he's primarily a right back but can play further forward too? Surely we don't need to strenghten our RB's as we are already totally spoilt for choice with Bos and Bran. Would be a great utility player to have but I'd prefer someone like Silva still. Hopefully City don't get him, but I reckon they'll get at least 1 out of Dzeko and Silva.

Lol, says Silva plays for City on Wikipedia :D

Don't know much about Srna as an attacking threat, but we certainly don't need a right back, unless Carvalho is definitely being sold which would push Ivanovic into the centre. AMR is certainly a position we need filled and has been for the past few seasons

FOR FÚCK SAKES!!!

Why did I have to go out playing poker tonight, of all nights, the one night I managed to create utter fúcking mayhem in here.

To everyone; my comments were fairly arrogant alright, but lest we forget that Toulalan also turned down offers from Manchester United too. So to stay at Lyon when two of the biggest clubs in Europe (and others I'm sure) have expressed an interest is unambitious.

Lyon are a handy side, no doubt. But they are in no way on a par with either Manchester United or Chelsea in many ways. Yes, they got further than both in the Champions League this season, but that means absolutely fúck all in the grander scheme of things. Last season, Man U were runners-up in the CL, Chelsea semi-finalists. Season before, Chelsea runners-up, Man U champions. These are, at the moment, two of the biggest sides in European football, without a doubt.

I would hope and think that of the lists of teams players would want to play for Chelsea would be up there on that list. (Personally, I see that list as it stands, panning out like: 1) Barcelona, 2) Man United, 3) Real Madrid, 4) Inter, 5) Chelsea, 6) Bayern Munich, 7) Arsenal.... and so on)

Someone mentioned Lamps and Cole being unambitious for not wanting to go to Real.... Why??? To be there for one season, involved in the revolving door system of the Galacticos, hyped up by the Madrid media to heights that dwarf Everest and when Real finish 2nd to Barca (again) be savaged by the same media? Or to stay at Chelsea (Champions of England and perennial favourites in Europe) where they are paid handsomely, are adored by the fans and where they are absolutely guaranteed their game, AND where they are already challenging (and acheiving!) top honours?

I'm an arrogant, cynical, misanthropic, horrible, nasty Chelsea fan. I constantly have my blue tinted glasses on and I believe in this instance, my arrogance is well placed. Any player looking at England as a destination would be nothing short of foolish to not be attracted to the reigning champions, the cup holders... Who were knocked out of the Champions League by the eventual winners of that competition. Who have always progressed to the latter stages (well, apart from this season) of the Champions League for the last 6-7 years... Chelsea are an incredibly attractive side for any players to join, especially now.

Ligue 1 is not a good league. Yes, they had two teams progress to the quarter finals of the Champions League this season, but that is a once off. I would almost guarantee you that the same will not happen again this season. Any half-decent player produced in that league almost ivariably does leave that league for the better European leagues (Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga) in order to better challenge for prestigious honours. To say Toulalan (who has long been a much sought-after target of not only Chelsea but also Man United and others) is 'unambitious' and 'stubborn' for rejecting such moves is not arrogance. It seems it only is when I mention it in reference to Chelsea.

Toulalan has no ambition or desire to challenge for top honours and to challenge himself. If he did, he would long since have moved from Lyon to Man Utd, Chelsea, Bayern (I think they expressed an interest at one point) or some other top class European outfit. To date he has not.

To reiterate, he is happy to languish in Ligue 1 and play there in a mediocre league, when he could be lighting up the Premier League or the Bundesliga or whatever.

Most fans seem to think that Chelsea fans should be humble. We've been humble since 2006, so now it is our time to let some of the pent up arrogance out... And as Champions of England, and Double-Winners, I think we have the right to be!:)

Carefree.......

P.S. DazMarz is not pissed off as he writes this... I am giggling like mad at the furore I've created and happy in the knowledge my poker playing went brilliantly well...

Someone mentioned Lamps and Cole being unambitious for not wanting to go to Real.... Why??? To be there for one season, involved in the revolving door system of the Galacticos, hyped up by the Madrid media to heights that dwarf Everest and when Real finish 2nd to Barca (again) be savaged by the same media? Or to stay at Chelsea (Champions of England and perennial favourites in Europe) where they are paid handsomely, are adored by the fans and where they are absolutely guaranteed their game, AND where they are already challenging (and acheiving!) top honours?

I mentioned it and there is a strong whiff of comfort zone off the paragraph highlighted above. Not something i'd associate with ambition.

Ashley Cole would be an absolute success at Real Madrid, he would get his games and the adulation of the fans, of that i'm sure. He would be paid handsomely and he would be challenging for top honours. To say "finish 2nd to Barca" smacks of a lack of ambition. I would think it would be a far more rewarding experience to beat that Barca side to a league title, one of the greatest sides i have ever seen than it would be to beat a Manchester United AGAIN, who are, let's face it, struggling at the moment. I actually think Cole would jump at the chance to play for them.

Not so sure about Lampard though as i have my doubts about whether or not he could be a success at Real. Not sure they'd let him take the penalties.

I would think it would be a far more rewarding experience to beat that Barca side to a league title, one of the greatest sides i have ever seen than it would be to beat a Manchester United AGAIN, who are, let's face it, struggling at the moment. I actually think Cole would jump at the chance to play for them.

I would like to actually discuss this further with you, but given recent activity in here, I feel I need to ask your permission first. Is this okay with you?

• Advertisement

I would like to actually discuss this further with you, but given recent activity in here, I feel I need to ask your permission first. Is this okay with you?

Sure, go ahead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement