Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I doubt it, they will stick with ivanovic

this not spending money lark is shoite

This is my eulogy to Alex

"He's the kind of guy that's always afraid of affection,
    And when the walls closed around,
    He would always respond with agression.
    But he woke up today with a pain in his head,
    Remembered a dream, Oh what was it they said.

Oh, this was the world that I wanted.
    Hey oh, this was the world that I wanted.

Many years ago he was hungry for father's attention,
    But dad was alone, his disease unspoken, unmentioned.
    And so the boy grew tall with these things around his head"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

well, apparently chelsea have not had any requests, so hopefully it the newspaper sprouting a complete loada a crap.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/11122008/58/premier-league-chelsea-deny-alex-exit-talk.html

Drogba confirms his intent to stay at Chelsea

“I have spoken with Scolari and he knows that I want to play,” said the Ivorian before adding, “I am only thinking about Chelsea at the moment.”

However, Drogba did also reveal that he would reconsider his Chelsea future at the end of the season. The striker explained: “At the end of the season I will talk to the club about my future but I have a contract with Chelsea. Not for a moment have I thought I will leave in January.”

Having ended last season empty-handed, the forward is clearly hoping for silverware this year. He said: “My dream is to win the title and fight for trophies this season in Europe and in England.”

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

JACKDAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

whats that smell ??

you smell it ??

a yeah 0-0 ...

edit -- well 0-0 would have been nice actually we're gonna lose this one it seems...

jackdaw wrote: »
    whats that smell ??

you smell it ??

a yeah 0-0 ...

Check football 365 buddy :p

whats that smell ??

you smell it ??

a yeah 0-0 ...

edit -- well 0-0 would have been nice actually we're gonna lose this one it seems...

Do me a favour and stop watching. Need us to come through for my acca

dunno why I bother anytime any of the other 3 lose points we go out and do worse...

ah well ....

Maybe i should hibernate for the rest of the season ... things are just terrible with football here aswell with Barça doing so well...

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Do me a favour and stop watching. Need us to come through for my acca

not watching it ...
    maybe i should start...

• Advertisement

not watching it ...
    maybe i should start...

Please do :)

What a joke I thought this was going to be an away game, in which case it would be an easy win,

at least drogba can come on and save the day.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

I think Scolari's love affair with deco is going to cost us this season. TAKE HIM OFF!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I totally agree Selpher Deco has been very poor in the last 2 matches. Something is seriously wrong with the team. We are very shaky at the back. I know Carvalho is a great player but surley we have a very strong back line. Back to man marking I say! Ballack and Deco have been dire in the last two matches. We should have won that match comfortably comfortably today.

Have we signed Orlando Sa? Is he going straight back on loan. We need to sign somebody . So one dimentional it's unreal.

We should play players where they belong for a change work off

........................Cech.....................
    Boswinnga...Carvalho...Terry.....A.Cole
    .........................Mikel....................
    J.Cole................Lampard........Malouda
    ...........Anelka.............Drogba............

It may not be the best 11 players,
    but everyone fits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Huge mistake playing Deco for the full 90.He was awful.Please god we get Essien back soon..For Jan 11th at OT at least

no essien is out till march, we have to plan for season w/o him, he may not get to full match fitness to play an important match this season.

Im not saying he is a bad player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

back page of the times today reporting that "senior players" have confronted Scolari about his substitutions in recent games, specifically around leaving the woeful Deco on the pitch. Personally I thought deco played well against Cluj but was poor in the last 2 home PL games.

The players aren't alone in questionning Phil's subs policy, bringing on Malouda is always questionnable, but his recent decisions taking the likes of Ballack and Mikel off are questionned by the fans too.... even more so coz they clearly don't work and even the players seem lost as to where they're meant to be playing.

I'm getting worried about facing some real opposition in the CL come next year when faced with more adaptive managers and tactics, and even Utd in Jan.

On the plus side, we're still in the race, but should really be at least 6 points clear by now regardless of injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_4657372,00.html

What ya think? Would he fit into the team? Would he be our new Zola like Souness discribed him in the Euros?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

V!alli wrote: »
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_4657372,00.html

What ya think? Would he fit into the team? Would he be our new Zola like Souness discribed him in the Euros?
    Would think that Chelsea are in more need of a left-sided (left-footed?) player, as they're already sorted for the moment with central attacking players. Not sure how though.... maybe Ribery or Silva or there's a left winger at Villareal whose name escapes me atm

I agree on the left footed player, yeah. I read somewhere that Grant was an admirer of Ribery and had considered bringing him in. Ditch Malouda I say and get em in.

but, according to everthing i've seen in the press, chelsea have no money to spend this christmas, even the players have to pay for their lunches at Cobham these days!

Selling Malouda is grand, but who'd want him at the price Chelsea would need to sell him at?

Offer em to citeh :P

Ribery would be great, that is definitely the position we are in dire need of,

although he has recently signed new long term contract I think.

• Advertisement

I was watching highlights of the Sunday Supplement on the SS website and they spoke of Heskey linked with Chelsea. Surely to god he wouldnt be good enough for the team, would he?

I was watching highlights of the Sunday Supplement on the SS website and they spoke of Heskey linked with Chelsea. Surely to god he wouldnt be good enough for the team, would he?

can't see that happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

SofaK wrote: »
    Would think that Chelsea are in more need of a left-sided (left-footed?) player, as they're already sorted for the moment with central attacking players. Not sure how though.... maybe Ribery or Silva or there's a left winger at Villareal whose name escapes me atm

left winger at villareal is Pires

SofaK wrote: »

Yeah Santi Cazorla,

he could be worth a shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yeh, Cazorla would be better choice even - he looked pretty ggod during his cameos at the Euros.

I was actually talking about Matias Fernandez. But it seems I was mistaken about him - he's a supporting stiker, rather than a left winger, i.e. Arshavin-lite.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Yeah Santi Cazorla,

he could be worth a shout.

santi is more of a right winger

ah he plays both he is left footed,

before the euro's he said in an interview that he would be used on the left only to end up used on the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Cazorla, has played pretty much all season on the right and Fernandez has spent quite a bit of time on the left. Fernandez is right footed though.

Also someone said Ribery, he signed a new 5 year deal there recently so he is out.

So,

Juventus in the Champions league, what do we think of them?

No. Position Player
    1 GK Gianluigi Buffon (vice-captain)
    3 DF Giorgio Chiellini
    4 DF Olof Mellberg
    5 DF Jonathan Zebina
    6 MF Cristiano Zanetti
    7 MF Hasan Salihamidžić
    8 FW Amauri
    9 FW Vincenzo Iaquinta
    10 FW Alessandro Del Piero (captain)
    11 MF Pavel Nedvěd (vice-captain)
    12 GK Antonio Chimenti
    13 GK Alex Manninger
    14 DF Jorge Andrade
    15 DF Dario Knežević
    16 MF Mauro Camoranesi
    17 FW David Trézéguet
    18 MF Christian Poulsen
    19 MF Claudio Marchisio
    20 MF Sebastian Giovinco
    21 DF Zdeněk Grygera
    22 MF Mohamed Sissoko
    27 MF Albin Ekdal
    28 DF Cristian Molinaro
    29 DF Paolo De Ceglie
    30 MF Tiago
    32 MF Marco Marchionni
    33 DF Nicola Legrottaglie

Manager Some Guy Called Raineiri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Manager Some Guy Called Raineiri

Oh aye, had forgotten that fact.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

If we are as good as we are meant to be we should dispose of Juventus without to much problems.

Probably lose at home 1-0 and thrash them away, only place we can win these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Be nice to see Ranieri back at the Bridge. Always liked him and felt he should have got another season.

Its official we are playing 4-4-2 tonight (well almost official)

So who will Big Luiz drop to facilitate the four four two?

it will be

boswinga...alex.....terry....a.cole

....xxx.....xxxxx.....xxxx......xxxxxx

.............Drogba........Anelka.......

so the midfield could be either

...J.Cole.......Mikel......Lampard/Ballack......Deco

or would he be willing to drop Mikel

J.Cole.......Lampard.....Ballack..........Deco

or will he refuse to drop his stars (chicken out) and go

ballack......Lampard.......Mikel............Deco..

he could even refuse to play any player out of position and do

J.Cole......Lampard.......Mikel............Malouda

I would prefer the first or last option, with lampard in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

wer not fielding a goal keeper no?!:D

papagormo wrote: »
    wer not fielding a goal keeper no?!:D

no we are,
    it will be Petr Cech.

• Advertisement

It should be this
    J.Cole......Lampard.......Mikel............Malouda

but it will be this

...J.Cole.......Mikel......Lampard/Ballack......Deco

I like the way you don't consider Joe Cole a star

yes i compleyely agree with you there,

i do consider him a star, juts not a star personality in that i think he would be easier to drop than lampard and ballack or deco from a squad morale point of view.

I was taking the piss. He won our player of the year last year and our other wingers are so ineffective he's up their with Carvalho and Mikel (no Essien) as our most irreplaceable players at the moment

I know you were but no matter how effective he is i dont think he is the sort of player who would cause unrest in the dressing room if he was not picked, and thats what I was referring to.

by star players i guess i meant the word in the Bill O'Herlihy sense that Ronaldo is a star, Scholes could never be a star.

I see what your saying but I think he's part of the heart of the dressing room. Terry and Lampard clearly control it but Joe Cole would certainly be their bitch so to speak or a lesser member of the triumvarate. Think they would kick up a fuss if he was dropped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Would like to see Bridge or Belletti on one of the wings with Joe on the other.
    Even Bosingwa on the right with Paulo or Ivanovic behind him. We need people who can cross!

Never gonna happen though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Taken from the Everton match thread....
    iregk wrote: »
    The thing annoying me about the tackle is why? Your deep in Evertons half over at the side line, why bother making a tackle like that there?

I said I'd post this here so I wouldnt derail the match thread.

This is something thats happening more and more frequently these days, well, under Grant & Scolari. I dont remember JT leaving his CB position a whole lot when when Mourinho was around and rightfully so, he is a slow defender and as such he should not be given license to be that far up the field, particularly not when Mikel/Essien are there to defend from midfield anyway. When Grant arrived first we noticed Carvalho would often bomb up the center and join the attack which is ok, he's relatively quick, Terry is not, he should't be outside his own half trying to win the ball, he should be parked in front of the 18yd box like a rock put there to stop people passing, which he does very well.
    Now Im not saying last nights incident happened because we were left short of cover behind JT or anything but surely there are enough players there to win that ball.Had a slightly quicker player made that tackle last night he'd have won the ball and there wouldnt be a word said. Terry has shown over the years that he's far more useful as a defensive obstacle as opposed to an aggressive ball-winner, I'd even go as far as to say he's a liability in that position. His tackle in the Arsenal match on Sagna(IIRC) was worse than the one last night too, so on another day he might have been sent-off for that one also.

Congratulations on Manchester united winning the 2009 Premier league

Chelsea were just ****e last night and we be lucky to finish 3rd....

as for the CL !!!

we're expected to win that with the likes of BARCA in there!!!!

it would be something like

Chelsea 1 - 5 Barca
    Barca 8 - 0 Chelsea

I hope Juventus beat us , that way we can leave with some dignity
    wouldn-t be a mauling ... then again who knows we barely beat
    a team at home roughly the same as Bohemians FFS..

CHELSEA = **** ..

Congratulations on Manchester united winning the 2009 Premier league

Chelsea were just ****e last night and we be lucky to finish 3rd....

as for the CL !!!

we're expected to win that with the likes of BARCA in there!!!!

it would be something like

Chelsea 1 - 5 Barca
    Barca 8 - 0 Chelsea

I hope Juventus beat us , that way we can leave with some dignity
    wouldn-t be a mauling ... then again who knows we barely beat
    a team at home roughly the same as Bohemians FFS..

CHELSEA = **** ..

Sigh... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Sigh... :rolleyes:

But all the moaning bollix aside what is it with them, always f***g up when liverpool f** up ...

is it that they don-t feel the pressure to win ? they think "we are atill only a point behind " ?

if Liverpool beat Arsenal, Chelsea prob would have won ...

sick of it ... so frustrating...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement