Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

flahavaj wrote: »
    I thought ye had a savage bunch of wonder kids coming through to take up the mantle lads?

sometimes were so rich and not 800million in debt i forget this!!

matic/mancienne can take ballacks place, and stoch should surely get the chance to take coles place!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

flahavaj wrote: »
    I thought ye had a savage bunch of wonder kids coming through to take up the mantle lads?

True, we have a good crop of 4 or 5 players that should be in the 1st team next year pushing for places. Kakuta and Matic could easily replace Cole and Ballack with a bit of experience, but the key word their is experience.

J.Cole and Ballack had it in bucket loads, sad to see J.Cole go, felt he had more to offer but Ballack is 33 and was good for the squad but losing him isnt the end of the world IMO.

I wouldnt be worried about replacing either of them with signings at the moment as we have good youth coming through and eventually they will have to be played and tested at the highest level for longer then 20 + minutes every few weeks.

The next 2 or 3 seasons will be very interesting at Chelsea, we have a good deal of our squad in the 28-35 age group and I think it was mentioned we had the oldest average age for any squad to win the EPL, (im open to correction though)

I expect Carlo to keep a few the guys around, at AC Milan they reguarly had players play pass 35 + , I know , I know, different league, not as fast paced and up and down as the EPL in general, but I can see some of the Chelsea lads playing for Carlo for a good few years.

Im not to worried at the moment but come back to me in the next 2/3 years when Lamps and Drogba and JT will be towards the latter prts of their careers and we have to replace them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

LanceStorm wrote: »
    sometimes were so rich and not 800million in debt i forget this!!

matic/mancienne can take ballacks place, and stoch should surely get the chance to take coles place!!

Disappointed we have lost 2 good players, Cole clearly wanted too much money and I don't think was too interested in staying, shame because a lot of the fans loved him (I was a bit meh tbh). Ballack is different because it looked like, according to his agent, he was happy for a one year contract, with a lower wage, with pay as you play element. He was very up and down, but he was always a trier and I think he had another year left in him for us.

Agree Matic can do a good job for us in central midfield and I would love to see Stoch come back, it would be a great shame if he doesn't get a bit of a go at the first team next season. Hopefully the Galatasary rumours stay as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Over in Corfu for the summer here was just sitting down to a jumbo breakfast and I heard Joey and Ballack are to leave. Gutted about Joe to be honest would really have liked to see him stay.

Any other news? I'm badly out of touch here. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

dissappointed to see JC go, under a bit of cloud too, he must have seriously pi$$ed someone off along the way , Ballack doesn't bother me i've felt he did too good a job of breaking up chelsea counter attacks with his love of the 3 foot back pass and he only played well when we're winning, give a few youngsters a chance to get into midfield maybe.

just know already JC will score for spuds against us next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Kind of dissappointed because at the end of the day we lost two world-class players on a free transfer. Suprised that Chelsea apparently made absolutely no effort to keep Ballack. Joe Cole, well he never was committed this year and I 'spose if you're not commited, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

we can add Belletti to the list according to chelseafc.com

joe, you better not go and have a class season next season, that would be sickening. Ballack was handy in the holding midfield position, Mikel better be stepping up to the plate in that role.
    if we get 1-2 signings we should be fine.

papagormo wrote: »
    we can add Belletti to the list according to chelseafc.com

joe, you better not go and have a class season next season, that would be sickening. Ballack was handy in the holding midfield position, Mikel better be stepping up to the plate in that role.
    if we get 1-2 signings we should be fine.

suppose he is getting on a bit, still classs player I always thought, and he scores against spurs which always helps !

you just know JC will go and have a class season, its like fate :(

growler wrote: »
    suppose he is getting on a bit, still classs player I always thought, and he scores against spurs which always helps !

you just know JC will go and have a class season, its like fate :(

Ah sure, Carletto is as impartial as they come and if he can't get a starting spot ahead of Kalou. I know he's back from a serious injury but he has had the whole season to prove himself.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Ah sure, Carletto is as impartial as they come and if he can't get a starting spot ahead of Kalou. I know he's back from a serious injury but he has had the whole season to prove himself.

In J.Cole's defence Kalou ended the season on an absolute high, he was up their as one of our best players in the last 10-15 games, and started to show what he can do, it took him long enough to show it off, hes done it in glimpses in the past but not enough to convince me, but if he can continue next season then he will be a real threat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

It was the correct decision to let Cole and Ballack go, Ballack can no longer make up the yards and Joe Cole is well Joe Cole brilliant one minute, non existant the next.

Fergie is really clutching at straws.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/08/alex-ferguson-manchester-united-chelsea

It wouldn't been down to the fact you dropped silly points and were beaten by us at OT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

The only way I'll be sorry for Joe Cole leaving is if he scores the winner against Chelsea for Man Utd/Spurs/Arsenal... Other than that, s'long, boyo! Been a good run, but you had your chances, to be fair. Carlo was more than patient with him towards the end of the season, and in the end something had to give.

Ballack... yep. Sorry to see a man of his experience and pedigree go, but if the wages he was demanding at his age and after a lacklustre few seasons (flashes of brilliance, but nothing overly brilliant; at least in a Chelsea jersey) were what we were led to belive, it's another case of "s'long, boyo!"

Sergio Aguero and Bastian Schweinsteiger... There we go. Two players gone and two vastly superior replacements stroll in. Ain't life peachy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

DazMarz wrote: »
    Sergio Aguero and Bastian Schweinsteiger... There we go. Two players gone and two vastly superior replacements stroll in. Ain't life peachy!!!

Here's hoping

Here's hoping

It's more than likely gonna happen anyway.

Be savage to get Aguero. One of the best in the world, IMO.

Schweinsteiger is also another one targeted. He'd be brilliant.

Dont need a replacement for Belletti. Won't be too gutted to see him go... Wasn't as sneaky as he used to be. Fouled too much lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

It's more than likely gonna happen anyway.

Be savage to get Aguero. One of the best in the world, IMO.

Schweinsteiger is also another one targeted. He'd be brilliant.

Dont need a replacement for Belletti. Won't be too gutted to see him go... Wasn't as sneaky as he used to be. Fouled too much lately.

If we get them two lads then it's happy days.

Nice to see my earlier predictions coming true, so far 3 out of 8.

"
    6 Ricardo Carvalho - Possible sale to Inter Milan

10 Joe Cole - Possible sale to Man City

13 Michael Ballack - ? possibly out of contract

9 Paulo Ferreira - Possibly on his way

20 Deco - Retiring to Brasil

35 Juliano Belletti - Defo on his way

39 Nicolas Anelka - Possible deal with Aquerro (swap + a few pound)

40 Henrique Hilario - Defo on his way

"

think id prefer to hold on to anelka for another season or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Will Cole join Arsenal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Esse85 wrote: »
    Will Cole join Arsenal?

Arsenal have supposedly tabled an offer (like many other clubs), but by all accounts Cole won't make any decision until the world cup is over.

Nice little tribute to Coley on Chelsea TV. He's the last of the initial Abramovich spending spree to leave. Cya Joe, been a pleasure..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Reckon Chelsea will leave the signings to after the WC ?

worries me a little, hope we don't go signing some flash in the pan player
    who has a great WC spell , but not much else.

I can't see Chelsea signing anyone before the World Cup, tbh. But the two 'big' signings that have been bandied about recently (Aguero, Schweinsteiger) are proven players, who are in no way flash-in-the-pan in any way, shape or form. I'd be happy to sign them, come what may.

But I can't see business commencing before the World Cup, tbh.

So here's hoping both Kun and Bastian put in their worst performances ever at international level and Argentina and Germany crash out in the 1st Round!!! Drive the price down a bit! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Reckon Chelsea have had deals done before letting these 3 go. Makes bad business sense otherwise. It would perspectives too much to play with looking for more dough.

Fiskar wrote: »
    Reckon Chelsea have had deals done before letting these 3 go. Makes bad business sense otherwise. It would perspectives too much to play with looking for more dough.

Yeah that was the silver-lining for me, but Chelsea have done stupider things in the past. I really think we'll be signing a new CM though.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Yeah that was the silver-lining for me, but Chelsea have done stupider things in the past. I really think we'll be signing a new CM though.

Bastian Schweinsteigher FTW...

He'd be excellent in the middle for Chelsea. Him and Lamps... My Jesus, it'd be beautiful stuff altogether!

Oh, look... Post #3,000! haha, now I officially have no life... made my 2,500th post in the Chelsea thread too, so may as well keep with that trend!!!:D

the oul 3,000 post Daz, owww for you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Ballack... yep. Sorry to see a man of his experience and pedigree go, but if the wages he was demanding at his age

I'd heard he was willing to take a pay cut on a 1 year contract. Seemed committed to Chelsea.

With J.Cole,Belletti,Ballack all gone and what looks like Hilario, Ferrira, Deco also going we have lost some options really, time for the young guys to start geting the oush.

If we sign Aguero and Schweinstiger(sp?) we would have easily replaced Ballack and Cole.

Going on the possible signings of these players and not losing anymore, our team next year should read :

Cech
    Bosingwa Terry Alex A.Cole
    Essien
    Lamaprd Schweinstiger/Malouda
    Aguero/Kalou Drogba Anelka

Its quite a strong team, even if you take out the players we are being linked with. Now look at our cover, our next best 11 if you will from players left at the club at this current time:

Turnbull
    Ivanovic Carvalho Bruma Zhirkov
    Mikel
    Matic kakuta
    Stoch Borini Sturridge

Thats a very good youn squad, actually I forgot to add P.Van aanolt to that team, and Kakuta is in at CM but in a Lamps type getting involved with the stirkers role, but you get the jist of my point, we have a very good starting 11 and the back up 11 is also very strong, we have at the moment a very good squad with some great youth coming through.

Bring onnext season,
    Carefree

gavredking wrote: »

Cech
    Bosingwa Terry Alex A.Cole
    Essien
    Lamaprd Schweinstiger/Malouda
    Aguero/Kalou Drogba Anelka

Would you really drop Ivanovic after the season he's had??

Id be over the moon with those two signings, would really help us preparing for the future when lamps/drogs/anelka start to wind down, we need to be bringing in their replacements now and give them a season or two before the old guard retire!!

Id be over the moon with those two signings, would really help us preparing for the future when lamps/drogs/anelka start to wind down, we need to be bringing in their replacements now and give them a season or two before the old guard retire!!

Yes I would, but only on the principal that Bosingwa was and is, possibly the best right back in the EPL before his injury, this year Ivanovis has been immense in his absence but I think a fully fit Bosingwa would walk into nearly any team, maybe with the exception of Inter and Barcelona.

I hope Ivanovic gets more games at CB, because hes quicker then any other CB we have and is really good in the air but dropping Alex after his year would be criminal, a bit like Dunga dropping him from the Brazil squad IMO.

I think to replace lamps,drogba,anelka we have the players in matic,clifford,borini and kakuta to come in so singing big name plauyers wouldnt bother me as much as it did last year or in past seasons as our youth academy seems to be producing more quality players that should be up to the task of playing for the 1st team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Not a chelsea fan but i think Ivanovic was underrated at Chelsea before Bosingwa was injured and never really got a chance, his best position is CB alongside Terry or Alex. I wonder if Carvallio will leave Chelsea if they get an offer? He did say he was looking to leave at one point.

On another note Chelsea have done well letting Joe Cole, Ballack, Belletti, Deco all leave, they have cleared a nice big chuck of the wage bill.

• Advertisement

Vanbis wrote: »
    Not a chelsea fan but i think Ivanovic was underrated at Chelsea before Bosingwa was injured and never really got a chance, his best position is CB alongside Terry or Alex. I wonder if Carvallio will leave Chelsea if they get an offer? He did say he was looking to leave at one point.

On another note Chelsea have done well letting Joe Cole, Ballack, Belletti, Deco all leave, they have cleared a nice big chuck of the wage bill.

Id rather have Bosingwa at RB and Ivanovic at CB also Id love to see Carvalho stay, he nearly left when Mourhino joined Inter, I dont see him leaving now unless its inthe same circumstances as Cole and Ballack.

clarke has left west ham, anyone else like to see clarksey at the bridge?

smuckers wrote: »

Yeah looks like Fenerbahce :

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6200066,00.html

I dont understand this, I thought he was surely one of the young players coming through that had gone out and proved himself enough to get a change at the first team this year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

God, hope we do have a couple of players all but signed. I was hoping to see stoch this year. Oh well, i will keep the faith.

That is a terrible decision to let Stoch go, IMO. He was really coming on and seemed to be one of the better young players Chelsea would have had. Plus with all this 'homegrown' nonsense being bandied about, he would have (I'm nearly certain) fit the bill as an excellent, young, homegrown player in the Chelsea squad...

That is a terrible decision to let Stoch go, IMO. He was really coming on and seemed to be one of the better young players Chelsea would have had. Plus with all this 'homegrown' nonsense being bandied about, he would have (I'm nearly certain) fit the bill as an excellent, young, homegrown player in the Chelsea squad...

I would love for Carlo to clarify the reasoning behind this, fair enough if he just wasnt good enough and would never have made it but he was the youth team top scorer the year before and just won the dutch league, i would have thought he was the best of our youth prospects?!

we really better have signings lined up cuz im now worried about this whole promoting the youth policy!!

like the rest of you i'm shocked to see stoch being let leave after all the promise he showed and the way chelsea were happy to promote him all the way, shame that another youth prospect has not made it to the big time with cfc.

Bad enough decision alright on behalf of Chelsea FC to let Stoch leave, but im going trust Carlo and the coaching staff as to why they ley him go.

With J.Cole and Stoch both gone it leaves Kalou as our only real right sided winger in the squad, maybe he has somebody lined up or he might fancy leaving Ivanovic at RB and pushing Bosingwa to fight with Kalou for that RW position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Obaraten wrote: »
    is he gone 100 percent?or is it some tabloid ****e talk?

As it stands, I believe that J. Cole, Michael Ballack, Juliano Belletti and Miroslav Stoch are all 100% out the door at Chelsea Football Club, no matter what else the tabloids might be saying.

Other than that, I think everything else could be seen as tabloid B.S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

SSN: Mutu must pay £14.3m to Chelsea after Swiss court rules.

C'mon Chels lets get some signings sorted, its far too quiet!

redout wrote: »
    SSN: Mutu must pay £14.3m to Chelsea after Swiss court rules.

I know there is a thread about this already but it seems a little harsh on Mutu, iirc the initial settlement that he was told to pay was less then what he is apying now and it only wen t up due to him contesting the figure, im open to correction though.

Sad to see for Mutu, he clearly has a problem and has being a repeat offender, gifted player but tragic in the same sense unfortunately.

Also, I think be patient, in a WC year signings are generally done post WC so I can wait for a few weeks or until some of the teams get knocked out, either way patience my friends, patience ;)

Christ, hope there is no truth in this, Yossi is a decen tplayer and all but to me he wont add much to the squad, but it seems Carlo must fancy him.

gavredking wrote: »
    Christ, hope there is no truth in this, Yossi is a decen tplayer and all but to me he wont add much to the squad, but it seems Carlo must fancy him.

+1 to this.
    a 4 year contract for a 30 year old joining the club? ahh here now Carlo!!
    throw the reported 6 million Yossi funds along with Mutu's money back guarantee and whatever funds you have available, and go out and bring two certain individuals, namely Aguero and Schweinsteiger.

Fee still to be agreed Pool want 10mil we're only willing to pay 4

Fee still to be agreed Pool want 10mil we're only willing to pay 4

Hope to **** they hold out.

• Advertisement

doesn't make any sense does it? praying its not true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement