Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

wtf-cat.jpg

Yossi Benayoun???

Hopefully this is Carlo's sick Italian sense of humour or something...

We don't need another 30+ midfielder, especially not after we've just culled out Ballack.

Bastian Schweinsteiger is the man we'd wanna pursue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

According to Chelsea Chris on the official website its not true

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Has to be a joke.... just has to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

he he has just turned 30, could be his prime years, we may get 2/3 good years out of him.

It does seem a bit disconcerting but if we are seeing him as a replacement for Belletti/Stoch and also replace
    Joe Coel, Ballack and Deco it could be good business,

if he is seen as a replacement for Deco it could be ok

If he is replacing Ballack its a bit of an outrageous decision, same for Joe Cole

so basically if we get him, a new solid cm (Schweinsteiger for Ballack),
    a young creative guy (hamsik for Deco)
    and another good prospect for Cole I will be happy overall

We may need an experienced guy if we do buy three/four hot young guys afterall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

We're rumoured to be in for Silva would be a terrific signing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Let the Yossi rumor be unture please !!!

TBH I think any rumors going around at the moment are rubbish as most of the TOP players and the agents are at the world cup themselves .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Hopefully it's bollix, mind you at the same time it wouldn't surprise me, you know Chelsea making stupid signings, mind you after the disgracefull robbery of Mutu maybe we can splash a bit more.

disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

im sorry but there is no situation where i think signing yossi is a good move...
    i would much rather they kept stoch and let him be a squad player than signing a 30 year old from the pool...

this is depressing if it happens, not the type of signing to inspire your team and start the summer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

lol at the difference in reactions between Chelsea and Liverpool fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Yossi, seriously?? I mean seriously?? If we had tried to get him when he was leaving West Ham a few seasons back I may have entertained the idea but now, at 30, whats the point FFS.

considering what we let go we shouldnt be replacing them with players like Yossi IMO.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

the_monkey wrote: »
    Hopefully it's bollix, mind you at the same time it wouldn't surprise me, you know Chelsea making stupid signings, mind you after the disgracefull robbery of Mutu maybe we can splash a bit more.

disgusting.

Enlighten me to how you have come to this conclusion ?

Also the amount of money was not decided by Chelsea, it was decided by the FIFA DRC, and a nice sum of that is down to his frivolous court appeals .

He was cheating the Club, his team mates and mugs like myself who spend a small fortune each year to support the club.

I completely disagree with anyone who thinks taking cocaine would not effect his performance or health .

@ Smuckers : Best news I think I will hear all day :D

Enlighten me to how you have come to this conclusion ?

Also the amount of money was not decided by Chelsea, it was decided by the FIFA DRC, and a nice sum of that is down to his frivolous court appeals .

He was cheating the Club, his team mates and mugs like myself who spend a small fortune each year to support the club.

I completely disagree with anyone who thinks taking cocaine would not effect his performance or health .

@ Smuckers : Best news I think I will hear all day :D

Gotta agree, the fine is deserved but it is excessive and as i have just mentioned over on the Mutu thread, it wasnt Chelsea who said " lets take 18 million off him" it was decided by the courts.

P.S. Yossi, please go away and dont ever wear a Chelsea shirt, please??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

sadly The Times were also reporting this morning that benayoun was on his way, saying chelsea have offered £4m for him, they're not the usual tabloid nonsense peddlars... can't link to it as i'm not registered with them online.

not sure why people are having a pop at chelsea over an independent courts judgement re mutu, just bitter i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

No Drogba in Ivory Coast starting 11 :eek: Deco, Carvalho and Ferreira in Portugal line up

Hope Drogba features in this game, if they end up going 1 - 0 down I can imagine Drogba will be coming on soon enough to try do a job on Alves and Carvalho, that would be interesting, the craft (dirtyness) of Carvalho against the bryte force of Drogba :D

Could be interesting to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

whohoo!! Yossi is apparently signed, all our "whos replacing Deco/Ballack/Joe/Stoch/Belletti" days have finally ended,whohoo!!

not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I really rate yossi and glad we signed him. He has been lfc's best player for last 2 seasons and makes things happen. Like deco but with more energy IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Rumours are Chelsea are looking at replacing Bos in right back as he his making little progress in his recovery. Being linked with the usual like Alves etc.

In other news Bayern are reluctant to sell Schweinsteiger. They are apparently not listening to any offers but I'm hoping he asks to go. He's entering the last 2 years of his contract so realisticly they will only get maximum value from him now. But it's not like they need the money and they are pretty stubborn b*stards.. (understandably)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I really rate yossi and glad we signed him. He has been lfc's best player for last 2 seasons and makes things happen. Like deco but with more energy IMO

I understand what you mean, I got dragged to a few Liverpool matches down the local, and for the life of me i couldnt understand how a player that often came on as a sub didnt get started in the first place. they seemed to up a gear when he came on. my main quam with him is where is he supposed to fit in to the chelsea squad. Malouda must be 1st choice that side should he continue last seasons form, if he were to get injured, Zhirkov has shown his capabilities.
    Dont think Anelka should be dropped from the 1st team. Suppose can he fill in on the other flank thats the question, a supporting role to Kalou perhaps. i dont remember seeing him play that side though.Hes a good player by all accounts, but id have preferred the younger blood and maybe one or two signings previously mentioned getting a bit more of a priority i suppose.

papagormo wrote: »
    I understand what you mean, I got dragged to a few Liverpool matches down the local, and for the life of me i couldnt understand how a player that often came on as a sub didnt get started in the first place. they seemed to up a gear when he came on. my main quam with him is where is he supposed to fit in to the chelsea squad. Malouda must be 1st choice that side should he continue last seasons form, if he were to get injured, Zhirkov has shown his capabilities.
    Dont think Anelka should be dropped from the 1st team. Suppose can he fill in on the other flank thats the question, a supporting role to Kalou perhaps. i dont remember seeing him play that side though.Hes a good player by all accounts, but id have preferred the younger blood and maybe one or two signings previously mentioned getting a bit more of a priority i suppose.

He prefers playing on the right AFAIK. Anyway Liverpool are still denying it so happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Just some fast notes in between WC matches:

- If Yossi is actually a 100% done deal (which seems like it is) then I would welcome him. However he will probably be a benchwarmer, and I hope he's OK with this. My opinion, Yossi is better than J.Cole. He has the same crafty little ways as did Zola.

- We just tabled a 50 mil offer for Torres. Mid-World Cup. I worry about his fitness/injury - but that can be sorted, we have Drogba/Torres up front (Champs League here we come)

- Chelsea will never see the money from Mutu. I can only expect they pursued this to make an example of him & prevent other people doing the same.

- If we are looking for a replacement for RB, Ivanovic is the best in the land. Bosingwa has a mono-brow for god's sake.

bw wrote: »
    Just some fast notes in between WC matches:

- If Yossi is actually a 100% done deal (which seems like it is) then I would welcome him. However he will probably be a benchwarmer, and I hope he's OK with this. My opinion, Yossi is better than J.Cole. He has the same crafty little ways as did Zola.

- We just tabled a 50 mil offer for Torres. Mid-World Cup. I worry about his fitness/injury - but that can be sorted, we have Drogba/Torres up front (Champs League here we come)

- Chelsea will never see the money from Mutu. I can only expect they pursued this to make an example of him & prevent other people doing the same.

- If we are looking for a replacement for RB, Ivanovic is the best in the land. Bosingwa has a mono-brow for god's sake.

Yeah I rate Ivan as a better CB though, really think we'll see him there soon.

Dunno, he's great at going forward, he can whip the ball in well, and can score goals. However I've not seen him play CD, so maybe he is better there.

bw wrote: »
    Dunno, he's great at going forward, he can whip the ball in well, and can score goals. However I've not seen him play CD, so maybe he is better there.

yeah he does a great dj set:D

yeah he does a great dj set:D

I stand by "CD". I was always referring to his DJ'ing skills... :p

ah f*ck off , this can't be for real this Yossi Benyaoun deal ?

why are Chelsea going cheap ??

This what pisses me of, all these rumours of Aguero,

bollix we won't sign him, we'll sign Heskey ....

the_monkey wrote: »
    ah f*ck off , this can't be for real this Yossi Benyaoun deal ?

why are Chelsea going cheap ??

This what pisses me of, all these rumours of Aguero,

bollix we won't sign him, we'll sign Heskey ....

And the monkey is back to his usual flying, optimistic form...

Good to have you back, sir...

• Advertisement

another day passes, another day we havent signed yossi, this pleases me!!

so we've been linked heavily with Aguero/Schweinsteiger/Torres, which i have to be honest and say ive very little faith in happening...

so, who would you like us to be in for??

- Edin Dzeko
    - Mesut Ozil
    - Toni Kroos
    - Mamadou Sakho
    - Miralem Pjanic
    - Yoann Gourcuff
    - Alexis Sanchez
    - Stevan Jovetic
    - Mario Balotelli
    - Marko Marin
    - Nicolas Otamendi
    - Angel Di Maria
    - Arjen Robben
    - Marek Hamsik
    - Karim Benzema
    - Pato
    - Luis Suarez

Basically looks like a footy manager wish list, but they always do the job for me lol, and the game is never wrong, ever!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'd like to have another look at Ozil, he seemed handy enough the other night but I'd like to see how he fares out over a few games and particularly against a decent defence.

Benzema wouldn't be a bad buy if he was going relatively cheap (considering he hasn't had a good first season in Madrid and Domenech left him out of the WC squad), the talent is definitely there and he's young enough to improve a fair bit in any case.

Realistically though, it's a decent right sided player I would like to see signed, we're lethal down the left but not so much on the right.

Essien wrote: »
    I'd like to have another look at Ozil, he seemed handy enough the other night but I'd like to see how he fares out over a few games and particularly against a decent defence.

Benzema wouldn't be a bad buy if he was going relatively cheap (considering he hasn't had a good first season in Madrid and Domenech left him out of the WC squad), the talent is definitely there and he's young enough to improve a fair bit in any case.

Realistically though, it's a decent right sided player I would like to see signed, we're lethal down the left but not so much on the right.

This is so painfully true.

Down the left channel, we have a combo of any of the following: Ashley Cole, Yury Zhirkov, Florent Malouda... My God...

On the right we have Bosingwa and Ivanovic... Two right backs only. No real right winger... Get a savage right winger... and Robert's your father's brother..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

realistically the CL will be how chelsea are judged next season
    a good start for ancellotti but he'll be judged on his CL performance next year
    i'm looking forward to seeing jose return to the bridge again
    he'll take great pleasure in crushing chelsea with the madrid all-stars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

DazMarz wrote: »
    This is so painfully true.

Down the left channel, we have a combo of any of the following: Ashley Cole, Yury Zhirkov, Florent Malouda... My God...

On the right we have Bosingwa and Ivanovic... Two right backs only. No real right winger... Get a savage right winger... and Robert's your father's brother..

Agree we do need a right winger but I think Ivanovic's crossing last season was as good as anyones, my favourite player last season by a country mile.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Agree we do need a right winger but I think Ivanovic's crossing last season was as good as anyones, my favourite player last season by a country mile.

This is true, but we shouldn't be looking to our RB's as our main outlet on that side, compare that to the left side which, relatively speaking, is littered with talent.

• Advertisement

Alexis Sanchez looks a decent player for the right side. Need to see a bit more of him but hes young, fast, skillful and will surely be on his way from Udinese this summer and could well be a cheaper alternative than some better known players.

would love Otzil also but don't see us getting him really, which is a pity.

DazMarz wrote: »
    And the monkey is back to his usual flying, optimistic form...

Good to have you back, sir...

:D .. but come on ? Benyaoun ? he's hardly a long term solution is he ?

would love Otzil also but don't see us getting him really, which is a pity.

We've apparently entered the race along with Citeh and Arsenal. Think it's inevitable he'll got to Bayern though.

Well Ozil has had 3 full seasons with Werder Bremen at this stage and he's only 21, the german league would be fairly physical too so wouldnt be a huge change to the premiership, i think he'd be worth a punt!!

• Advertisement

LanceStorm wrote: »
    another day passes, another day we havent signed yossi, this pleases me!!

so we've been linked heavily with Aguero/Schweinsteiger/Torres, which i have to be honest and say ive very little faith in happening...

so, who would you like us to be in for??

- Edin Dzeko
    - Mesut Ozil
    - Toni Kroos
    - Mamadou Sakho
    - Miralem Pjanic
    - Yoann Gourcuff
    - Alexis Sanchez
    - Stevan Jovetic
    - Mario Balotelli
    - Marko Marin
    - Nicolas Otamendi
    - Angel Di Maria
    - Arjen Robben
    - Marek Hamsik
    - Karim Benzema
    - Pato
    - Luis Suarez

Basically looks like a footy manager wish list, but they always do the job for me lol, and the game is never wrong, ever!!

Any of the above highlighted players are comfortable playing wide from the right and ahve done so for the clubs, what are the chances of getting any of them though?

I would like to see Pjanic, he would be like Deco, but with a beeter engine and he is improving so much, Jovetic or Balotelli might be the best option but would cost us 15-20 million easily I reckon.

gavredking wrote: »
    I would like to see Pjanic, he would be like Deco, but with a beeter engine and he is improving so much, Jovetic or Balotelli might be the best option but would cost us 15-20 million easily I reckon.

Well Roman had no problem bankrolling a large group of players to get us into a position to win the league, I dont see why he wouldnt spend the money now to ensure we stay in that position for the next decade?? at least I hope lol!!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    Well Roman had no problem bankrolling a large group of players to get us into a position to win the league, I dont see why he wouldnt spend the money now to ensure we stay in that position for the next decade?? at least I hope lol!!

Well with J.Cole, Balalck, Belletti, Deco all gone out the door that must have freed up about 300K a week on wages, so the wages are easily available to bring in a young guy or a couple of guys realistically.

Lets see how the summer goes, some players price will rise after the WC some will drop, it depends what Carlo believes he needs, we all thought Stoch might get a season to prove himself in the EPL that didnt happen and you can only believe that Carlo didnt fancy him in the long term.

This is down to Carlo having somebody lined up or he fancies Kalou to step up to the plate and become the player he has the ability to become, who knows, at the moment we can only guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Chelsea 2010/11 fixtures
    August
    14 West Brom (H)21 Wigan (A)28 Stoke (H)
    September
    11 West Ham (A)18 Blackpool (H)25 Man City (A)
    October
    2 Arsenal (H)16 Aston Villa (A)23 Wolverhampton (H)30 Blackburn (A)
    November
    6 Liverpool (A)10 Fulham (H)13 Sunderland (H)20 Birmingham (A)27 Newcastle (A)
    December
    4 Everton (H)11 Tottenham (A)18 Man Utd (H)26 Arsenal (A)28 Bolton (H)
    January
    1 Aston Villa (H)4 Wolverhampton (A)15 Blackburn (H)22 Bolton (A)
    February
    1 Sunderland (A)5 Liverpool (H)12 Fulham (A)26 Birmingham (H)
    March
    5 Blackpool (A)19 Man City (H)
    April
    2 Stoke (A)9 Wigan (H)16 West Brom (A)23 West Ham (H)30 Tottenham (H)
    May
    7 Man Utd (A)14 Newcastle (H)22 Everton (A)

So the new premier league fixtures are out. Chelsea have an easy enough start. Just noticed that the last game of the season is against everton at goodison park but will be very tough. Also Utd at Old Trafford 3rd last game of the season.

So the new premier league fixtures are out. Chelsea have an easy enough start. Just noticed that the last game of the season is against everton at goodison park but will be very tough. Also Utd at Old Trafford 3rd last game of the season.

End of September, start of October we have 3 tricky fixtures and the we have three tough games all ina row in December.

Not an easy fixture list, December could be a make or break, away to Spurs, home to Man Utd, Away to Arsenal all in a row. :eek:

I like the look of the first 5 games

I like the look of the first 5 games

Yup, first few games arent that tricky, maximum points is very realistic of a return to expect. Hope we can start this campaign like 09/10 and keep it ticking over throughout the year.

Hopefully a bit more consistent and win more games away, I hope we can improve on last year and get another 7-10 points bringing us up over 90+ points.

A general, overall improvement is all I ask :pac:

Oh and to retain the league and win the Champions League, im sure Carlo will do it in his time at the club anyway. :cool:

Pat Nevin likes the look of Alexis Sanchez : http://www.chelseafc.com/page/World_Cup_Blog/0,,10268~2073162,00.html

few youtube videos of him out there but its all ridiculous step-overs, good bit of pace on him tho!! not sure on him really!!

I really hope we take a good close look at Schweinsteiger. Immense again today.

I really hope we take a good close look at Schweinsteiger. Immense again today.

They are definitely interested, but it's gonna be tough because Bayern never want to sell.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement