Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Lukker- wrote: »
    They are definitely interested, but it's gonna be tough because Bayern never want to sell.

Hi, what makes you think we are definitely interested? If you don't mind me asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Hi, what makes you think we are definitely interested? If you don't mind me asking.

Constant murmurs. It's been mentioned in quite a few papers to the extent that Bayern have released a statement saying that they won't sell him as he is a was one of Bayerns "crown jewells". He is Ballacks natural replacement and I don't think Roman would have released Ballack if he couldn't get anyone better and zeh Schweinsteiger is constanly being touted as his heir. It was widely reported that we already tabled a 25 million pound offer. I personally think it's down to Schweinsteiger to hand in a transfer request because there is no way they want to sell him unless he wants to go. Excuse me if they are non-sensical ramblings, will correct when I get up, one to many....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Apparently we have signed Tomas Kalas from Sigma Olomouc for 5m. A 17 year old centre back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

From BBC: The Chelsea WorldCup: Essien/Bosingwa/Mikel out. Drogba injured. Anelka expelled. Lampard awful. Terry stripped of capt'cy. J Cole on bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Apparently we have signed Tomas Kalas from Sigma Olomouc for 5m. A 17 year old centre back.

And we beat off Arsenal Inter and Bayern to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

_Bella_ wrote: »
    From BBC: The Chelsea WorldCup: Essien/Bosingwa/Mikel out. Drogba injured. Anelka expelled. Lampard awful. Terry stripped of capt'cy. J Cole on bench.

Not nice at all, but true none the less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

MUSEIST wrote: »

Be great to see him at the bridge all right -

the_monkey wrote: »
    Be great to see him at the bridge all right -

especially in a Chelsea shirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

He is staying with that club for 12 months, then coming to us, has only one senior cap so far, google doesn't even have a photo of him.

Silva would be very interesting in many ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Anelka is apparently very close to signing an extension until 2012.

Despite his histrionics with France of late, he's always been a valuable addition to the Chelsea squad, so I'm happy with this news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

DazMarz wrote: »
    Anelka is apparently very close to signing an extension until 2012.

Despite his histrionics with France of late, he's always been a valuable addition to the Chelsea squad, so I'm happy with this news.

Good news if he does sign, good squad player for us. Would like to see Borini and Sturridge get more game time next year, especially Sturridge, hopefully more youngsters in the squad and give them more experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Apparantally City have beaten us for Silva.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

anelka been told by chelsea to keep stump on the french saga.
    expect it to be written up in an autobiography some day.
    going back to an earlier discussion on this thread..think il have to reconsider my earlier accessment of having Ireland come to the club.he would be an addition to the midfield if he ever did arrive, and with city trying to buy pretty much everyone who can tie a shoe lace these days, if Ireland was to want out of city, id say throw in a reasonable offer.

• Advertisement

papagormo wrote: »
    anelka been told by chelsea to keep stump on the french saga.
    expect it to be written up in an autobiography some day.
    going back to an earlier discussion on this thread..think il have to reconsider my earlier accessment of having Ireland come to the club.he would be an addition to the midfield if he ever did arrive, and with city trying to buy pretty much everyone who can tie a shoe lace these days, if Ireland was to want out of city, id say throw in a reasonable offer.

Im glad people are coming around to my assesment of Ireland :pac:

While we lost Ballack and J.Cole, I could see Ireland playing either wide from right or even in a Malouda role in midfield, 10-15million and we should try do business.

I'm not a huge fan of Stephen Ireland by any means (I think he's a spoiled f***in brat and a man who turned his back on his country) but I can see what he would offer to Chelsea, having lost Ballack and Cole.

Also, while he may kill off grannies left right and centre, he doesn't seem to shag anything that moves, so he would be relatively scandal free... Might be worth a punt of say 10m or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm not a huge fan of Stephen Ireland by any means (I think he's a spoiled f***in brat and a man who turned his back on his country) but I can see what he would offer to Chelsea, having lost Ballack and Cole.

Also, while he may kill off grannies left right and centre, he doesn't seem to shag anything that moves, so he would be relatively scandal free... Might be worth a punt of say 10m or so.

Ugh, what a typical lame Stephen Ireland post.

I wonder, if you tried, could you possibly jam any more clichés into such a small block of text?

simmer down a bit will you.
    hes expressing an opinion, and is fully entitled to do so.

I'm a huge Stephen Ireland offender, its too easy to join the nonsense meadia wagon agenda against him, he is a human like us and I don't see how he has made anymore mistakes than the rest of us.

That been sad I am not 100% convinced of him replacing Ballack, he would be a nice addition but may not quite be up the overall central midfield player we need, he certainly appeared to be the year before last though and has the potential

• Advertisement

Otzil and Thomas Muller the latest we're after

smuckers wrote: »
    Otzil and Thomas Muller the latest we're after

Id say Muller woul dbe a no go, dont think Bayern would want to let one of their brightest talents go so cheap.

I like the idea of Muller though, no tto pushed about Otzil though.

Lol Muller :D

Lol Muller :D

Thats the problem with a WC summer, the bigger clubs in Europe will be apparently in for all the new talent or the hottest property at the WC, regardless of price are loyality to their current club.

Apart from David Villa to Barca this WC summer has so far being very quite. Expect to see more transfers in the coming weeks.

Hopefully we get Muller, Ireland, Silva, Aguero and while were at it we might as well put in a bid for that Lionel Messi fella that plays for Argentina, he hasnt scored yet but I reckon he could be a decent player :pac: :pac: :pac:

gavredking wrote: »
    Thats the problem with a WC summer, the bigger clubs in Europe will be apparently in for all the new talent or the hottest property at the WC, regardless of price are loyality to their current club.

Apart from David Villa to Barca this WC summer has so far being very quite. Expect to see more transfers in the coming weeks.

Hopefully we get Muller, Ireland, Silva, Aguero and while were at it we might as well put in a bid for that Lionel Messi fella that plays for Argentina, he hasnt scored yet but I reckon he could be a decent player :pac: :pac: :pac:

Yeah anyone who has a decent game is gonna be linked with everyone. We were linked with Schweinsteiger well before the WC so I think we are generally interested in him. Aguero looked really good for Argentina but would take a mega bid which is unlikely. Silva wants to join us, but City look to have beaten us. Damn this torment, can we just unveil one new signing to get the ball rolling!

Yeah anyone who has a decent game is gonna be linked with everyone. We were linked with Schweinsteiger well before the WC so I think we are generally interested in him. Aguero looked really good for Argentina but would take a mega bid which is unlikely. Silva wants to join us, but City look to have beaten us. Damn this torment, can we just unveil one new signing to get the ball rolling!

Schweinsteiger - Would be a good signing, very compossed and has a good range of passing, would be a good centre midfielder for us I reckon. Still young to.

Aguero - Would love to see him in a Chelsea shirt, immense talent, brillant young player, may cost 30-50 million to wrestle from A.Madrid but at his age that is money worth sopending if he repays with trophies and goals.

Silva - Agaoin another brillant talent, would be a brillant addition, depends on who Valencia want to do business with.

Also we got The Bison to come back next season, and thats as good as signing a new player, in this market he most be worth 20-30 million so having him in the Chelsea starting 11 next year is going to be great to see and what a player to have to come back in.

Schweinsteiger - Would be a good signing, very compossed and has a good range of passing, would be a good centre midfielder for us I reckon. Still young to.

Aguero - Would love to see him in a Chelsea shirt, immense talent, brillant young player, may cost 30-50 million to wrestle from A.Madrid but at his age that is money worth sopending if he repays with trophies and goals.

Silva - Agaoin another brillant talent, would be a brillant addition, depends on who Valencia want to do business with.

Also we got The Bison to come back next season, and thats as good as signing a new player, in this market he most be worth 20-30 million so having him in the Chelsea starting 11 next year is going to be great to see and what a player to have to come back in.

Yeah but if we can keep him fit thats the main thing. I don't expect him to be fit for the start of the season.

A matchfit Essien is unsellable.

Yeah but if we can keep him fit thats the main thing. I don't expect him to be fit for the start of the season.

A matchfit Essien is unsellable.

Agree 10000000%

Essien is such an integral part of our team that loosing him through injury is such a huge blow, and we still won the league without our 1st choice DM and 2nd choice ( Mikel ) finishing the season.

It was great to see him come up for his winners medal at the party at the Bridge, crowd reaction shows how much we love him at Chelsea, hopefull yhe will be fit ASAP and he can slot into DM.

After the injury through Mikel,and leaving go Belletti and Ballack we have very limited availability at DM, ive long said we could put Carvalho there, he has the defensive side down and his reading of the game is exceptional, his fondness for going off on a mazy run also could help, and the fact his ability on the ball is not to far off some of the CM in the EPL I think he could do a job there for us, and who doesnt want to see Ricky get more game time so maybe thats an option if we are really stuck. :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I think we need to sign a dedicated DM to release Essien from there. plays best when bombing from box to box.

I think we need to sign a dedicated DM to release Essien from there. plays best when bombing from box to box.

Then what do you do with the formation??

I think Carlo has abandoned the diamond, so if we go 4-3-3, which is our best formation IMO, we are gonna have the usual back 4 with new DM and 2 CM.

Going on last year we cant drop Malouda from there and Lamps, well Lamps is Lamps.

So unless they push Malouda wide left as part of the 3 up front and then move Essien into CM, I can see Essien playing DM next year.

I would like Chelsea to start next year like this :

Cech

Ivanovic/Bosingwa Alex Terry Cole

Schweinstiger
    Lampard Essien

Aguero Drogba Malouda

Thats a lot of IF'S really but depending on who we get I would drop Essien back to DM and M?alouda to CM with Kalou/Anelka coming in there for Malouda or Aguero.

Not sure on Ivanovic or Bosingwa yet though, be interesting to see what Carlo prefers.

• Advertisement

From what I've heard, Schweinsteiger will be more or less on the list of players I'd love to see at Chelsea, but Bayern look highly unlikely to sell him as it stands.

From what I've heard, Schweinsteiger will be more or less on the list of players I'd love to see at Chelsea, but Bayern look highly unlikely to sell him as it stands.

+ 1 from me, would love to see him at the Bridge, good player that could aid our midfield, the real stumbling block is Bayern's refusal to sell and the fact hes just finished his season as a double winner, like Chelsea, but after just missing out on the Champs League.

Hopefully though if wecan shift Bayerns attitude towards selling we might get himbeofre any other clubs come in for him, becasue they way it looks, the Germans will be going deep in this WC, and his performances have been good also.

That's the Daily Mail... But please God let it be true. and please God (or Allah or Buddha or Krishna or Almighty Science) let Silva decide he'd rather be with a Champions side and a Champions League side than Man City...:D

owww!! comoe over to our side Silva, come over to our sideee!!

Aguero, Schweinsteiger and Silva... Dear Jesus, if we land the three of them........:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek: <insert 'orgasmic' smiley here>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Aguero, Schweinsteiger and Silva... Dear Jesus, if we land the three of them........:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek: <insert 'orgasmic' smiley here>

*drools*
    that would be my wish list anyway!! i'll settle for just Aguero tho!!

bloody city, hopefully Silva has some sense, wonder if we're actually interested in him tho, he's interested in us which is a start!! time to make our interest known and throw them an offer!!

:pac:

Jesus that would be a mental summer of signings, it's a wish list to rival any Football Managrer wish list.

I'd reckon you would be looking at the guts of 100-110 million to sign these 3 players and it would set us up for years.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6225910,00.html

Same story as the daily mail here!

by the looks of it Silvas agent is trying to swing a move for Chelsea, City are gonna offer him the moon on a stick but it sounds to me like he wants the Chelsea move instead!!

• Advertisement

It would be brillant if we could secure Silva's signature, very exciting player and i think he would be a hit in EPL. Hopefully we can get him, I think Valencia just want the money and will listen to any good offer for him because they are the one's that want to off load him and a few more of their stars due to debt, so it would be up to them to accept the offer and after that its really up to the player to see who he wants to join.

Hopefully he will be in the blue of Chelsea next year, we know that for some players its not all about the money and hopefully Silva sees that and joins a Champs League team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

my, my, my you're all very greedy in here :D

silva, aguero AND schweinsteiger.

if you get one of them it'll have been a good summer.

two, and it'll have been fanstastic.

three, a complete dream.

on top of that, you have Essien to come back, plus young players knocking on the door like Matic and Kakuta.

when will they get a chance? are they good enough?

you need to decide if you need a replacement for Ballack (schweinsteiger) or a replacement for Cole (Silva), more? while bearing in mind you have Essien and Mikel on the way back.

personally, while Aguero is brilliant, goals are the least of your worries. Malouda, Drogba, Anelka, Lampard and Kalou were doing fine enough. ;) i'd suggest Kalou would probably be pointless if Aguero came in, but maybe that's fine with Chelsea fans?

SlickRic wrote: »
    my, my, my you're all very greedy in here :D

silva, aguero AND schweinsteiger.

if you get one of them it'll have been a good summer.

two, and it'll have been fanstastic.

three, a complete dream.

on top of that, you have Essien to come back, plus young players knocking on the door like Matic and Kakuta.

when will they get a chance? are they good enough?

you need to decide if you need a replacement for Ballack (schweinsteiger) or a replacement for Cole (Silva), more? while bearing in mind you have Essien and Mikel on the way back.

personally, while Aguero is brilliant, goals are the least of your worries. Malouda, Drogba, Anelka, Lampard and Kalou were doing fine enough. ;) i'd suggest Kalou would probably be pointless if Aguero came in, but maybe that's fine with Chelsea fans?

Good post SlickRic,

I agree with you, if we got all three we would be set for the next 5 seasons possibily.

I think we need Aguero and or Silva more importantly then Schweinsteiger, as you have noted we have Essien and Mikel for that role and Matic is breaking through also and hopefully young Conor Clifford might get some time around the 1st team squad or go on loan for some experience to a Championship team or League 1 outfit.

I would keep Kalou anyway, hes still young (24 iirc) and would replace Anelka IMO. So if we get Silva we can rotate between a few up forward.

I also think Matic and Kakuta have to be given a chance and also Borini and Sturridge, Im amazed Sturridge hasnt got to many games, I think he will be a good player.

The young guys coming through seem to be good enough in the glimpses they've shown but to do at this level week in week out is a different matter, we have to wait and see what Carlo decides is best, give the youth a chance or stick with the golden oldies.

We also have Bosingwa to come back, so in defence we are looking solid, it will be between 4 centre backs for the 2 slots, Terry is a certain, obviously and then its either Ivanovic, Alex or Carvalho.

Even if we miss out on any of these players im confident enough for next season, especially if Malouda continues his form and Kalou can carry his form from the end of the season, my only concern is Anelka, hes a good player, but this wC could have effective him and he ended the season rather tame, ony grabbing a couple of goal.

All the same, Im looking forward to next season and it should be just as tough but im confident ;)

In response to wanting a lot of new players:

:)

But yeah, if we got one of the players we're targeting this summer, it would be deadly. But can see us landing at least two of them, tbh. Roman wants that European Cup more than anything, and I reckon he'll do anything to get it. Plus I think the players want it savagely badly too.

• Advertisement

Haha great post Daz,

Would be great to see one or two of them in Chelsea blue next year, and I agree with ya, I would happily trade in all this years trophies and all next uears potential trophies for the CL next year and I reckon Roman wants it to, hopefully Carlo can bring us the glory and lead us over the line we so nearly crossed a few years back :(.

when i think back at that final, I cant help and just get depressed so I want Chelsea to make up for it and deliver and I feel next year, with the current squad at the age it is might be the last chance for a few of them.

Any word from CHD on his banning, or is it allowed to be discussed??

I would happily trade in all this years trophies and all next uears potential trophies for the CL next year and I reckon Roman wants it to, hopefully Carlo can bring us the glory and lead us over the line we so nearly crossed a few years back :(.

Maybe its just me, but I would much rather over a decade have won the premiership more times than any other team and be declared the best team in the country!!

The only reason I want us to win the champions league is so we can stop focusing on it so much!!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    Maybe its just me, but I would much rather over a decade have won the premiership more times than any other team and be declared the best team in the country!!

The only reason I want us to win the champions league is so we can stop focusing on it so much!!

I think we have proven in the last decade that we are a power house of English and European football, some well just point at Roman money bags for making it happen and they would have some what of a valid point, but not always is the case taht moeny will buy you success, case in point Man City.

I think to be really considered a HUGE team you have to enjoy European success, we could have won the final in 08 and being considered kings of europes but it wasnt to be, Roman has being at the club the last 7 years and we have won a feast of trophies but I think he wants the CL more then any of them.

If we win a couple of EPL and 1 CL in the next 10 years I will be delighted with that return.

If we domiante the Englisgh game for the next 10 years, winning 7,8 titles, FA cups and fail to win the CL I will be happy enough but the big one is the CL, its the pinnacle of club football and I want it more then anything. I want it , I want it, I want it, I want it :pac:

anyone else watching Stoch and Hamsik and thinking the what if's?
    if we had them two playing together wuldnt look too shoddy at tall.
    remind me why we sold Stoch someone:confused:

papagormo wrote: »
    anyone else watching Stoch and Hamsik and thinking the what if's?
    if we had them two playing together wuldnt look too shoddy at tall.
    remind me why we sold Stoch someone:confused:

'Cos he wouldn't sign a new contract.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement