Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Rumors in Italy you lot want Borriello.

I'd rather if you didn't sign him.

Would you consider tanking Huntelaar instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I see on sky sports news they are saying anelka has sighned until 2012, a extra year. Good news, hes an important player.
    So thats anelka and essien signing extensions so far this summer.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

gavredking wrote: »
    Any word from CHD on his banning, or is it allowed to be discussed??

Just to update everyone on this, I think he has been perma-site banned now...

I don't want to go into any more detail on this, as I'm not sure if CHD would want me to, but from what I've gathered is that he is gone not just from the Soccer Forum, but from boards.ie in general and I don't think there's a way back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Lukker- wrote: »
    'Cos he wouldn't sign a new contract.

is that really the reason?? ive not been able to find any info on it...

the lad is young and full of pace and talent, fair enough if he wanted out, but I really dont get it, now he's into the knockout stages of the world cup and id say he's raging he signed for that club he did as he could have got himself a better move after the tournament!!

wish we kept him for another year, oh well, give me Silva and all is forgiven!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

LanceStorm wrote: »
    is that really the reason?? ive not been able to find any info on it...

the lad is young and full of pace and talent, fair enough if he wanted out, but I really dont get it, now he's into the knockout stages of the world cup and id say he's raging he signed for that club he did as he could have got himself a better move after the tournament!!

wish we kept him for another year, oh well, give me Silva and all is forgiven!

Yeah it was never widely reported but basically he was refusing to sign a contract unless he was given guaranteed game time. Chelsea couldn't offer that, when it became clear that we would probably end up loaning him again until he left on a free Chelsea Ltd decided it would be best if we cashed in now instead of letting another player leave on a free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

DazMarz wrote: »
    Just to update everyone on this, I think he has been perma-site banned now...

I don't want to go into any more detail on this, as I'm not sure if CHD would want me to, but from what I've gathered is that he is gone not just from the Soccer Forum, but from boards.ie in general and I don't think there's a way back.

Ya I saw a thread from CHD in the Prison forum, sad to think one of our most dedicated members is gone from Boards.ie.

You'll be missed CHD.:(

Back on topic, Stoch had a decent game, but I can only imagine he was surplus to requirements as well, maybe Carlo didnt want to hold onto him coz he didnt just fancy him at all out there.

I know we will bring in someone exceptional, we will have to, to hold on to the league and push for Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Is Stoch gone now? Home from a month working in Corfu and don't have a clue what is going on. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Stoch is gone to Fenerbache for an undisclosed fee. I certainly can't see the reasoning behind it, looked a quality player and has looked fairly decent for Slovakia. Looking a bit short for AMR now with only Kalou from last years first team. Perhaps Ancelotti has faith in Kakuta to play over on the right. Kalou certainly looked the business towards the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I hope we have our signings at least lined up, we're into July soon, suprised nowt has happened yet

smuckers wrote: »
    I hope we have our signings at least lined up, we're into July soon, suprised nowt has happened yet

Wouldn't be the least bit suprised if there were no major signings.

• Advertisement

why do you say that?

Money being the main reason. I just cant see us forking out huge money for players anymore. I wouldn't be suprised if we didn't see a signing of the calibre of Zhirkov this summer. I think Abramovich wants to see our youth players being brought into the firsr team. We will have Kakuta, Matic, Bruma and Van Aanholt promoted this season which realistically would cover any position we are short in. Saying that I would love to see Schweinsteiger, Silva and Aguero, but I think those days are behind us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Well, we need a major signing i think, our team is getting old and all the other teams will make at least one, Barca allready signed Villa, and looks like Villa will singlehandedly win the WC for Spain.

Just give me Schweinsteiger. And Ozil while we're talking Germans. Maybe a little Silva action too. Ah sure, theres still room for Aguero as well.

Ozil please! Looks top class.

Johner wrote: »
    Ozil please! Looks top class.

def the player if been most impressed with, had never heard of him before the tournament, my ignorance i know!!

Saurez and Sanchez have also been standout players!! none of those 3 could cost all that much seen as none of them are at top clubs, an inflated fee after the WC yeah but would be great to see an influx of players in their early 20s!!

Ozil is top-class, but Schweinsteiger really is the hearbeat of that German team. I always rated him highly but he has proven that he is one of the best CM's in the world at this World Cup.

Ozil is top-class, but Schweinsteiger really is the hearbeat of that German team. I always rated him highly but he has proven that he is one of the best CM's in the world at this World Cup.

Bang on.

really starting to look that Silva is off to City with Santa Cruz going the other direction on loan, id be sickened if they stole him ahead of us!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Personally I'd Like Bastian:D .Hopefully chelsea start to sign a few , I have a bad feeling they won't sign anyone:(

I think we will, if we got rid of cole ballack and deco then we have to have replacements lined up

We will sign someone, and they'll be big someones. Just watch. No way will we be resting on any laurels now...

Just be patient, in a WC year histiorically transfers have being slow.

This year will be no different, very rare that a big player will leave before the WC, we have only had David Villa go to Barca as the biggest transfer talk this summer.

We will definitely be making a move or two, dont worry, we will add some new faces soon enough.

We will definitely be making a move or two, dont worry, we will add some new faces soon enough.

lets hope it will be the likes of Aguero or Scheweisteger (?) ... not Heskey, or Torres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I think we will sign a few players otherwise why have we let belletti and cole, ballack go. Oh and deco contract is up too. Its frustrating alright that their has been no mmovement so far but the real business will probably start after the world cup.

If we dont sign quality players and if the owner does not want to invest more money then he will have to lower his expectations and not be expecting us to win the champions league.

• Advertisement

just seen that Argentina and Benefica player, Angela Di Maria has signed for Real Madid.

Thats going be some attackinng line up they have, with Jose at the helm, an attacking front three of Di Maria left Higuian through the middle and C.Ronaldo right thy are gonna have some team, add to that Kaka supporting the attacking three and Xabi Alonso and Lass holding midifeld, Real Madrid wil now have more balance. All they are short is a decent centre back now.

back on topic, I dont think we will spend stupidly in this window, players valuation jump widely if they have a decent WC, mark my words, at the start of the season, that young lad Hernandez that Man Utd signed, the Mexican dude, will be getting a lot of attention, he seems a good signing but if he doesnt produce ASAP then he will be slated, and only because most people have seen him at the WC where he has produced an ok couple of displays.

On our own team, I think we need a midfielder more then a forward, so I fully welcome Schweinstiger, but after his performances I can expect us paying about 5-10 million more should we wish to get him.

Anybody watching Portugal this WC will be glad to see Ricky Carvalho back and playing some top quality stuff, yes they got beat last night but he has being good for them, hopefully he can bring the form and more importantly fitness with him back to London :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'd imagine that part of the reasoning behind letting Ballack go was to make way for a big signing without significantly upping the wages bill. He was on big bucks and therefore I'd expect at least one marquee signing to come in before start of the season.

Well according to SSN David Silva has signed with Man City.

Thats one player we wont be getting our hands on so.

Not that much of a lose really, but if we were in for him, I dont see the reason in him joining Man City, unless they offered him a whole load more in weekly wages.

Regardless, it looks like we wont see Silva in a Cheslea jersey next year.

I've never really rated Silva that highly. I'm sure others will disagree but I'm happy we didn't go for him.

Yeah BBC are reporting Silva gone to MAn City too.

pffft ... after him saying he doesn't want to go to city cos of the lack of CL football.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    I've never really rated Silva that highly. I'm sure others will disagree but I'm happy we didn't go for him.
    the_monkey wrote: »
    Yeah BBC are reporting Silva gone to MAn City too.

pffft ... after him saying he doesn't want to go to city cos of the lack of CL football.

Agree with both of ye, dont think he was that high on our list otherwise we would have chased him harder and got him, excuse me for being a bit biased but if push came to shove between joining City or Chelsea I know who Id join.

Watching SSN there and G.Balague said that there was interest from Us, Barca and R.Marid but because Barca signed Villa and R.Mardid got Di Maria they pulled there interest in Silva, hopefully that means we might be in negotiation with another player, seeing as we didnt really go after Silva as much as we could have, all according to G.Balague.

Interestingly this could free up S.Ireland to come our way, and if ye know how Ive been raving, I would welcome a cheapish Ireland with arms wide open. :pac:

I always thought he was a bit slight for the Premier League, but still we need a big signing.

I always thought he was a bit slight for the Premier League, but still we need a big signing.

Yes, defo a little small but lets not forget Zola :D

Also the main thing is, if reports are to be believed, he has cost City 26 million pound, thats about 8 or 10 to much IMO.

City are also apparently after Yaya Toure for 29 million, silly , silly money when you look at there squad and the fact they bought Jerome Boateng as well, who will play a similar position like Kompany who they ahve and De Jong also.

Crazy.

Yes, defo a little small but lets not forget Zola :D

Also the main thing is, if reports are to be believed, he has cost City 26 million pound, thats about 8 or 10 to much IMO.

City are also apparently after Yaya Toure for 29 million, silly , silly money when you look at there squad and the fact they bought Jerome Boateng as well, who will play a similar position like Kompany who they ahve and De Jong also.

Crazy.

I've heard that De Jong could be out the door, that's crazy if true, there most reliable player last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Well according to SSN David Silva has signed with Man City.

Thats one player we wont be getting our hands on so.

Not that much of a lose really, but if we were in for him, I dont see the reason in him joining Man City, unless they offered him a whole load more in weekly wages.

Regardless, it looks like we wont see Silva in a Cheslea jersey next year.

Yep, pretty much.

Also Valencia have huge debt and an unfinished stadium.

hmm....

i would love to know how much we really were in for Silva, if we were only inquiring about him and he went with a concrete offer from City then fair enough, but if we actually bid for him and he still chose City then screw him, I hope he gets injured first day of the season!!

maybe thats a bit harsh, but it is very frustrating to see other teams making these marquee signings and we've got nothing even in the works... I worry that our name isnt as big as it was when every big name on the planet was linked with us, now it looks like were just not gonna commit the money on new players anymore...

I just love having some new players to watch for the season and seeing if they make the grade or not, ive heard of Borini, van Aanholt and Bruma for the last few years in the youth and reserve teams, but in this day and age unless they make a huge break-through into the first team suddenly(like I thought Kakuta did last year) and stay there(which is what didnt happen), I just dont have faith they'l become first team regulars...

In better news Coley first name Joe is off to Italy it looks like. Respect to the guy for not choosing an English club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

In better news Coley first name Joe is off to Italy it looks like. Respect to the guy for not choosing an English club.

I'd imagine the fact that milan were happy to pay his £100,000+ per week wages had a lot to do with it tbh. I doubt Joe Cole gives a toss about not playing for another English club, it didn't bother him when he left West Ham for ye did it?

flahavaj wrote: »
    I'd imagine the fact that milan were happy to pay his £100,000+ per week wages had a lot to do with it tbh. I doubt Joe Cole gives a toss about not playing for another English club, it didn't bother him when he left West Ham for ye did it?

Players do not care about club loyalty anymore... Money talks

Even our own Mr. Chelsea, John Terry, was forced to stop and think when Man City came a-knocking with a huge offer last summer!!!

The only reason Joe Cole went to Italy was because they were stupid enough to willing to pay the wages he wanted.

Maybe, but the guy was a Chelsea fan since he was a kid. I reckon plenty of teams would have been willing to pay 100k a week. Look at 'Arry's public pursuit. IMO he could of easily joined another London club for equal wages.

• Advertisement

Maybe, but the guy was a Chelsea fan since he was a kid. I reckon plenty of teams would have been willing to pay 100k a week. Look at 'Arry's public pursuit. IMO he could of easily joined another London club for equal wages.

Your naivety amuses me.

Your naivety amuses me.

You honestly don't think Spurs would be willing to pay an extra 10 to 20 k a week for a player that would cost around 15-18 million under contract? Arsenal were willing to offer him 3.5 signing on fee alone. Say what you want, but I've read the United thread and there was plenty of United supporters desperate to get their hands on him.

You honestly don't think Spurs would be willing to pay an extra 10 to 20 k a week for a player that would cost around 15-18 million under contract? Arsenal were willing to offer him 3.5 signing on fee alone. Say what you want, but I've read the United thread and there was plenty of United supporters desperate to get their hands on him.

I'd have loved him at United.

Not sure what that has to do with your overly romantic notion that Cole, the noble gent, is heading to Milan because he couldn't bear to play for another English team.

LanceStorm wrote: »
    ... it is very frustrating to see other teams making these marquee signings and we've got nothing even in the works... I worry that our name isnt as big as it was when every big name on the planet was linked with us, now it looks like were just not gonna commit the money on new players anymore...

WE should be attracting big names though, we did win the double this season, what did City win ??? nothing...

I'd have loved him at United.

Not sure what that has to do with your overly romantic notion that Cole, the noble gent, is heading to Milan because he couldn't bear to play for another English team.

Put it whatever way you want, but the guy certainly has offers from Spurs who can afford to pay his wage demands. But he doesn't pull a Sol Campbell on it and wait for his contract to finish and join his clubs biggest rivals. Put it whatever way you want tbh, but I still have a huge respect for the guy for his service.

the_monkey wrote: »
    WE should be attracting big names though, we did win the double this season, what did City win ??? nothing...

We are attracting the big names, Silva and Aguero openly said they want to play for us. It's the board who are unwilling to compete with City who are basically out to cock block us on anything that moves.

Put it whatever way you want, but the guy certainly has offers from Spurs who can afford to pay his wage demands. But he doesn't pull a Sol Campbell on it and wait for his contract to finish and join his clubs biggest rivals. Put it whatever way you want tbh, but I still have a huge respect for the guy for his service.

Milan's star may have faded somewhat in recent years but they're so much a bigger club than Spurs. They're a bigger club than ye FFS! Either way he's not exiling himself from the country out of respect for Chelsea you can be sure of that. Modern footballers are selfish spoiled little boys, they don't care about clubs like you or I do.

Modern footballers are selfish spoiled little boys, they don't care about clubs like you or I do.

I agree on the whole but I don't completely generalize. Rooney was "Toffee for life" or whatever but do I think he will ever leave United? No. Would he join any other English clubs? I doubt it. There are always exceptions.

I agree on the whole but I don't completely generalize. Rooney was "Toffee for life" or whatever but do I think he will ever leave United? No. Would he join any other English clubs? I doubt it. There are always exceptions.

Everyone has their price tbh. If United went through a barren spell of 3-4 seasons you'd never know.

I have no faith in modern footballers tbh. Any of them. Even JT's head was turned by City and Gerrard's by Chelsea.

• Advertisement

"Every man has his price... all you have to do is find out what it is" -Howard Hughes

and never was a truer word spoken...

There is no such thing as loyalty in football anymore, not a chance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement