Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Scolari needs time, remember this isn't his team, he has inherited from his predecessors He is trying to get the players to play the way he wants but its frustrating at times because the midfield is far too pedestrian, its looks old and slow, bar Mikel who is class, his shooting lets him down, the midfield has been poor, they seem to be too intricate around the box, Deco has gone off form but to be honest despite the goals at the start of the season, he wasn't playing to his full potential, giving the ball away far too much.

Opposing players are now stopping Cole and Boswinga, the latter is lacking confidence. J Cole tho, is the not the same player he was a couple of years ago.

I'm not happy with Kalou and Malouda either, Kalou can beat players and has speed but his decision making at times is shocking, Malouda has no pace and only plays when it suits him, he is a decent passer of the ball but will not open up a defence. There won't be much activity in the window, if any I'm expecting one in. The sooner Essien comes back the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Deco was never really that great in general tbh for extended periods of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Sat back and chilled after the two goals really..Was bosingwa's sub a tactical sub or injury??

both Bossie and Drogba subs were tactical, keeping them fresh for Fulham.

• Advertisement

Team today:

Cech, Terry Ivanovic Bosingwa Cole Mikel Lampard Deco Malouda Cole Drobga

Bench:

Cudicini Carvalho Ballack Ferreira Kalou Belletti Anelka.

Great to see Richardo back!

Fulham were very jammy, 2 shots on target 2 goals, we were pretty awful in the first half but still had chances.

In the second half we battered them, but once again we were found wanting on a set piece in the 89th min.

The positives were Carvahlo back who is so good at bringing the ball out of defence, and Drogs and Anelka beginning to click, but once again Deco doesn't look up to it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

If you don't put a man on either post for a corner, you deserve to get done, be it in the first minute or the last minute. No wonder Terry and Lampard had to ask Scolari to up the intensity of training, they can't even get the ****ing basics right.

The squad is there to win this league, he just has to get more out of them. And get Essien back as soon as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

DSB wrote: »
    Deco was never really that great in general tbh for extended periods of time.

Are you on about for Chelsea or throughout his career, because if you mean the latter then you couldn't be more wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

eZe^ wrote: »
    Are you on about for Chelsea or throughout his career, because if you mean the latter then you couldn't be more wrong.

Agreed, he was fantastic at Porto and up until the end at Barca

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The year Barcelona won the league and CL he was outstanding, but other than that I don't think I ever saw him do it over an extended period of time. The price Chelsea paid certainly wasn't mad money, but I did have a feeling that we wouldn't see an extended period of him dominating games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Bateman wrote: »
    The year Barcelona won the league and CL he was outstanding, but other than that I don't think I ever saw him do it over an extended period of time. The price Chelsea paid certainly wasn't mad money, but I did have a feeling that we wouldn't see an extended period of him dominating games.

He was as important for Barcelona than Ronaldinho was, he was the entire engine of the team, infact, I'd have been more worried going into a big game without Deco than Ronnie. I think he has been one of the least celebrated of the great midfielders of the past 6 years. He may be a diving cnut, but he's one hell of a footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

welcome to 2009 lets get out talk on

so Scolari saying the players love him, just after drogba has interview on french papers giving out about him

now coming out today saying defeat in fa cup was due to poor finishing not John Terry.

Mancienne has been recalled this has to be good news yes?

Bridge is gone, he will surely be missed when Cole is out

J.cole reportedly unhappy with getting subbed last 12 games

will we buy zhirkov/ ben arfa or anyone

more financial restrictions on the players they are now only entitled to four free tickets per game not ten - surely that can only harm morale wont do anything for profits

sorry that this is rushed and i have no sources, will provide them later if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mancienne has been recalled this has to be good news yes?

For you maybe, not Wolves :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

now coming out today saying defeat in fa cup was due to poor finishing not John Terry.

Defeat ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

well i'm feeling decidedly less confident now than I was a few weeks back when being just a point adrift of liverpool was nothing overly concerning, but awful draws against west ham and fulham have highlighted a new-found ability not to win games that Mourinho had managed to get rid of. So either the players' hearts are no longer in it, the manager isn't motivating them enough, players and management are underprepared for the opposition, Phil hasn't got the players he needs to come up with a decent plan B or some / all of the above.

Either way our abysmal (by recent standards) home performances have convinced me we haven't a hope of winning the league regardless of our current position, I'm scared by the prospect of visiting Old Trafford and Anfield in our current form (something I haven't felt in quite some time) knowing how much they'll each be up for it and since we can get our collective overpaid asses in gear to see off Southend at home (fair play to them).

Might still have a chance at the Champions League as by the time we see Juve we've a good chance of lagging behind Pool / Utd. , but again our lethargic performances against the mighty Cluj and Bordeaux suggest we're going to struggle when we meet the big guns of europe.

and we apparently have no money to spend :-(

Something is very wrong at the Bridge and my faith in Scolari is evaporating every week now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

growler wrote: »
    and we apparently have no money to spend :-(

I'm sure, somewhere, there is a tiny little violin being played at the incredulous situation Chelsea have found themselves in :)

astrofool wrote: »
    I'm sure, somewhere, there is a tiny little violin being played at the incredulous situation Chelsea have found themselves in :)

which further highlights our current dire (cough) straits, normally we'd have hired the Viennese Philrmonic Orchestra for such laments.

;)

I think even the most optimisitic chelsea fans will admit its all over ... and not just for this season ... you think RA is gonna stick around?

yeah right

Finished we are ... finished ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

jackdaw wrote: »
    I think even the most optimisitic chelsea fans will admit its all over ... and not just for this season ... you think RA is gonna stick around?

yeah right

Finished we are ... finished ..

Yaaaay........Jackdaw's here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

if man city are the new uber chelsea what are ye now? leeds? Spurs if we're being optimistic?

if man city are the new uber chelsea what are ye now? leeds? Spurs if we're being optimistic?

Trolll tbf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

LOL a good one though!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Any news on Joe Cole yet? Apparently Malouda is fit again.

So Drogba has been told not to travel to Stoke,

is he off?

Joe is out for the rest of the season and JT was injured in the warm up.

selpher wrote: »
    Joe is out for the rest of the season and JT was injured in the warm up.

yeah what a loss he is

we will now have officialy no attack minded sub to make if drogba is kept in the cold

with kalou, malouda and anelka playing.

When Stoke went 1-0 up I said here we go again, but the boys never stopped.

young Stoch did very well when he came on, a deserved victory too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

i didnt get to see the game, how did belletti/ballack/malouda play? thank **** we managed to fight back and get the result. with joe out, surely we may have to go january buying?

• Advertisement

actually felt a bit sorry for Stoke at the final whistle , they came so close to nicking a few points but just couldn't withstand the seige, they didn't "park the bus", played well up the field for most of the game and got back in numbers and quickly well chelsea went on the attack, their keeper played very well too.

Although pleased with the result, chelsea made very hard work of it and again Scolari didn't seem to have much of a plan B when things weren't working so well. Leaving Drogba to play with his x-box really doesn't seem like a great idea, his physical presence would have allowed Chelsea to play in a different way today had he been on / brought on, knocking a long ball up to drogba would have been a useful option against a very well organised stoke defence. Still all is not well at cfc, the defenders still don't know what they're doing, Cech was ranting at Alex a few times and he and Carvalho seemed to disagree on a few points too.

Dramatic afternoon's football, we must have had 50+ shots, thoroughly entertaining and snatching victory from the jaws of defeat in such a fashion sent stamford bridge into a collective , very relieved, victory dance (well those who hadn't fecked off and missed it all anyway).

papagormo wrote: »
    i didnt get to see the game, how did belletti/ballack/malouda play? thank **** we managed to fight back and get the result. with joe out, surely we may have to go january buying?

Ballack was woeful and missed a sitter too, Malouda was ok, one superb cross but tired badly, Cole was brilliant bar the stoke goal.
    Scolari says he's unlikely to go into the market for a replacement for Cole, we'll see
    Belletti did well when he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Some reports that Abramovich has been having meetings in Saudi Arabia and Dubai looking for potential buyers for Chelsea.

Kinda seems like it might be nothing, but you'd never know. Thoughts?

abelard wrote: »
    Kinda seems like it might be nothing, but you'd never know. Thoughts?

We will be the new Man City :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

RA's making a libel claim against the Sunday Times because of that story, claiming it's rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

We will be the new Man City :D

Nah, we'll be the new Chelsea! :pac:
    RA's making a libel claim against the Sunday Times because of that story, claiming it's rubbish

Where'd you hear that, any source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

anybody read todays news that drogs and henry to city while carlo could be heading to tottenham?
    madness or good idea?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7846371.stm

hmmm ... since RA isn't willing to spend much lately ... this could be good news ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Jackdaw you weren't around for the 80's and 90's were you? I'm guessing your joined in when RA came.

As soon as he stops spending thats it, get rid and its a great piece of news? To be honest a lot of the money in recent years was obscene. I don't think its good news at all I think its more unstability on the club that it could do without now that things are gradually settling down.

I for one hope he stays.

As for Drog to city, good riddance. While he can be a great player I personally I can't stand him and would love to see the back of him. I think he brings more negatives than positives to a club.

Carlo, while I'd hate to see him go he has to be easily the best 2nd choice in prem history. He could walk into almost any other team in the prem. Its sad to see him wasting away on the bench and I'd wish him all the best.

iregk wrote: »
    Jackdaw you weren't around for the 80's and 90's were you? I'm guessing your joined in when RA came.

Nope...started following them in 1998 .. Vialli was manager ...

didn't like football before that ...

• Advertisement

theres a thread- "what drew you chelsea?"

fairly mediocre performance again from chelsea today, started well, scored and then went to sleep for the next 35 minutes, great frees from Ballack and Lampard to seal it though.

Very strange that Beletti made a point of applauding the fans and then came over on his own to give his shir to a young lad, maybe that was his farewell to chelsea? hope not, useful player. Very annoying that some chelsea "fans" booed Deco when he came on , idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/chelsea/article5588952.ece
    John Obi Mikel has been charged with suspected drink-driving, after being stopped by police hours before Chelsea's FA Cup match against Ipswich on Saturday.

Police spotted the 21-year-old driving his Range Rover erratically near the club's Stamford Bridge ground at 5.30am on Saturday.

Later the same day, Chelsea beat Ipswich 3-1 in the fourth round, although Mikel was not part of the squad.

The Nigerian midfielder has since been charged and will appear in court on April 3.

He faces a year's driving ban or a jail term if the offence is deemed exceptionally serious.

"We are aware [Mikel] was arrested and charged. We want to establish the facts before we comment," a Chelsea spokesman said.

If true, idiot.

Bad news about Mikel, idiot.

Shame to see Carlo go to spurs of all places, free! , and leaves us with feck all cover, genius move Kenyon :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

We're getting Marco Storari til the end of the season apparentley. Had a great season for Messina two years ago

wer back in second, good times. thought kalou played well last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Have to say even as an Arsenal supporter I'm a fan of Lampard especially since last season, very good interview in the Daily Mail with him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1132624/Frank-Lampard-talks-Martin-Samuel-On-coping-loss-mother-Chelsea-feud-Alonso.html

think its time be recalled young sahar and sinclair into the 1st team.both are out on loan at the mo, but we need some sort of attack down the wings as we have nothing at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Here's hoping Quaresma comes through. That would be a phenomenal loan signing

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Have to say even as an Arsenal supporter I'm a fan of Lampard especially since last season, very good interview in the Daily Mail with him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1132624/Frank-Lampard-talks-Martin-Samuel-On-coping-loss-mother-Chelsea-feud-Alonso.html

Ya I thought he came across very well in that.

Sinclairs loan has been extended to the end of the season.
    Smith loaned to Orient. Poor guy, dont think he'll ever get a look in here.

Can't believe Bosingwa got off with that kick. Was looking forward to seeing Ivanovic at RB for a few games.
    Hopefully Quaresma and Stoch on the wings for the rest of the season. Not world beaters but can't be muck worse than what we have.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement