Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Whats the general opinion on young Stoch anyway? Is he rated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Well Queresma will be an improvement on Malouda anyway. Stoch needs to bulk up but looks a smashing little player he's very direct and fast.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Stoch should start next match. Can't be any worse than Malouda. Quaresma could be a fantastic signing for us, at least he has the ability to run at defenders and get a few balls in the box. Could be a great move for him also.
    I do question his attitude though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Have to say even as an Arsenal supporter I'm a fan of Lampard especially since last season, very good interview in the Daily Mail with him.

Thats a good call mate. I thought he was excellent in that interview and to be fair I really can't see why a load of people hate him. Ok some will say he gives out to refs but wait these are people who idolise Gerrard, Carragher, Neville, Rooney. All of those give socks to the ref. Sunday did Frank say a word to the ref, no took his card and walked off with class. Then down the other end we had Gerrard going ape at the ref for booking him for a shocking dive. Spot the difference there?

Apparently some people just hate an honest hard working footballer who makes the most of their talent. Would they prefer to see overpaid prima donnas wasting theirs?

Incidentally, any word on Rosicky? Savage player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

So all my negative whines aside ... seriously ... I think we can still salvage something from this season ... I'm still confident we can finish above Liverpool ... they are sure to draw another few games at least !!

Away to Arsenal is our last chance to get a win from the 'big 4' - mind you we beat Villa 2-0 ... some say they are replacing Arsenal ...

Good chance in the FA cup mind..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Quaresma will imo be the saviour of your season. You seriously have been lack lustre pace wise. It seems having all those great CMF means they just get in the way of each other. Having a genuinely pacey winger who can fizz (I hate when Andy Gray uses that word, but I hate everything about that jackass in general) balls into Drogba will be really handy. Of course getting Essien back will also add a whole new dimension to your team, lets just hope he's not rotting at DMF when he gets back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

iregk wrote: »
    Incidentally, any word on Rosicky? Savage player.

Last I heard, Wenger said he might be back before the end of the season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

quaresma will, hopefully, add a new dimension to the chelsea attack. Shame we didn't sell Malouda to anyone he's bloody awful , and someone needs to ask Ballack to occasssionally pass the ball forwards, not sure there is any reason to play Drogba again he certainly doesn't look remotely intersted in playing for chelsea any more. :(

Cech

-Bosw
    Terry
    Carvalho---Cole---

Essien---Lamapard

---Cole
    Quaresma-

Drogba
    Anelka

Not bad really, and Cole/ Anelka could be replaced with Mikel/ Deco depending on whether you need to pack the midfield.

• Advertisement

I have to say I'd be very suprised if Mikel was dropped from the team when we have a full squad choice. Essien and Lampard in the centre with Mikel behind them and Quaresma and possibly Kalou on the wing with Anelka up front.

I know it's a tough decision to leave Drogba out but I feel his time here is coming to an end.

eZe^ wrote: »

Cech

-Bosw
    Terry
    Carvalho---Cole---

Essien---Lamapard

---Cole
    Quaresma-

Drogba
    Anelka

Not bad really, and Cole/ Anelka could be replaced with Mikel/ Deco depending on whether you need to pack the midfield.

Good side, but Joe is out for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Yeah, Queresma is his replacement. When should Essien be back? A while ago they were saying February but no update since then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Dubliner28 wrote: »

Thats like the fourth post of that article on here in the past 2 days ! It actually had two threads all of its own if I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

this weekend could be a good one. we are home to hull while a weakened liverpool side are away to pompey.
    anybody know if the game is being shown? i could have sworn i seen an advert for it on setanta,but i cant see any mention of it on their tv listing on the website.
    come on the blues!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

i dont know why but i still have hope for us somehow getting a 4-4-2 formation right with quaresma in the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

I think its being shown on setanta ireland. As good as Mikel has been this season, do we really need a holding midfielder at home to Hull?

Cech is out. What are the chances of us playing 4-4-2 from the start? Very slim I think. This is what I'd like to see today

Hilario
    Bosingwa Alex Terry Cole

Quaresma Mikel Lampard Kalou

Drogba Anelka

Scolari should just give it a try. I wouldn't pick either Deco or Ballack as first choice in the centre.

hows this game going,is anybody watching it?i dont have the channel, here keeping an eye on yahoo scores.it sounds like hull have camped out in defence.

drogs is on.4-4-2 i presume?
    is belletti playing the wing or holding midfield?

so presuming united win their 2games in hand,we are then 10pts off the pace..
    focus on the fa cup and the champions league time i think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

papagormo wrote: »
    so presuming united win their 2games in hand,we are then 10pts off the pace..
    focus on the fa cup and the champions league time i think!

United have a terrible record at Upton Park, a win tomorrow is a tall order imo. I reckon it will be a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yous haven't really got a chance in either tbh.

I think focus on finishing top 4 is our priority now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Pigman III

Really it's the only thing you can go for. Reallistically, 2nd is the best you can do, winning it would be asking too much, especially for asking United to slip up on the amount of can you need them to. With Scolari, I wouldn't expect you to win the CL, I wouldn't be suprised to see you go out to Juve. Go all out for the FA Cup, but in all seriousness I can't see Big Phil lasting too long.

I can't see us getting 2nd. Theres nothing to suggest we have a chance of beating Villa or Juve this month. So maybe an FA cup semi/final is our best bet like it was in the pre Roman days.

My word, Chelsea 4th two points behind Villa with the same games played. Gunners win tomorrow they will only be 3 behind Chelsea. Even worse is being 4 points behind United who have two games in hand and the potential to go a massive 10 points clear. Any Chelsea supporters willing to concede that the league is most likely out your reach now ? As a United supporter I am obviously loving this but am still in shock at Chelsea's performances this season.

Conceeded the league was out of our reach long before todays disaster. Hope Scolari went Christian Bale on their asses.

Feck sake we can't beat Hull at home, what chance do we have in these upcoming games;

Lots of them look quiet scary and it is certainly hard to see any catch up if we play as we played today, what a joke

Aston Villa away (Feb 21)
    Wigan home (Feb 28)
    Portsmouth home (3rd march)
    Man City home (15th march)
    Spurs away (21st March)
    NewC away (4th April)
    Bolton home (11 April)
    Everton home (18th April)
    W.Ham away (25th april)
    Fulham home (2nd may)
    Arsenal away (9th may)
    Blackburn home (16th may)
    Sunderland away (24th may)

All the vibes from the club are so negative,
    it appears as if the chairman is completely uninterested,
    Scolari is too old and not up for the job,
    he is not a tactical genius,
    and he can not relate to our players, the generation gap is too big and he doesn't know how to motivate them.

Lots of the players are also not content with the training regime it is like scolari treats the club as an international effort.

When you compare the expressions and body language on the player sin the final minutes to that of the arsenal players in similar circumstances this year, the fear and urgency just is not there.

and finaly I would just like to coin the phrase Captain Charuesma..

just seen the highlights there.the crowd booing off the players, some fans had a sign saying scolari out, zola/di matteo in. wonder are the board seeing this. for next season i think we are going to need a revamp of some players, continue to blood some more up and coming players aswell.

My God. All of a sudden thats a very dodgy looking fixture list. I would say huge changes needed but I said that before Christmas.

• Advertisement

I was on the chelsea site there and apparantally anelka malouda and Drobga are hated amongst the chelsea players, there will also be a major overhaul in the summer, and the reason why Clarke left was because BFS was doing all the coaching.
    I've given him time but IMO he's not up to it, please stop playing 4-3-3, its too rigid!
    A Cole was our best player yesterday. Boswinga has never recaptured his form.

You really remind me of Barca from 06-07 and 07-08. A team with all the players required to dominate world football, but the motivation is just lacking, the hunger is gone. Can't help but think this wouldn't have happened with Moureeeeeenn.

Mikel has tailed off in the last while, was very poor yesterday. Queresma looked promising, but taken off for the not interested Drogba!

Oh Mourinho Where Are You Now?
    Oh Mourinho, hold me now
    Oh Lord, hold me now
    There's no other man who could raise the dead
    So do what you can to anoint my head

Oh Mourinho, where are you now?
    Oh Lord, say somehow
    The devil is hard on my face again
    The world is a hundred to one again

Would the righteous still remain?
    Would my body stay the same?

Oh Mourinho, hold me now
    Oh Mourinho, touch me now
    There's no other man who could save the dead
    There's no other Mourinho to place our head

Would the righteous still remain?
    Would my body stay the same?

There's no other man who could raise the dead
    So do what you can to anoint my head

Oh Mourinho, hold me now
    Oh Lord, touch me now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

New home jersey apparently:

chelseahome0910.jpg

2nd:
    200x250_away_1.jpg

3rd:
    200x250_away_2.jpg

The home one looks shocking but I wouldn't be confident in the 2nd and 3rd ones being correct as they are identical to teh same ones that have been 'leaked' for the past 4 seasons. Minor tweaks aside of course.

OT I said it at the start of December that in the summer this Chelsea side needs major surgery. Too many players going through the motions and the balance is just not right at the club. I don't mean playing style on the pitch I mean, Ballack who i think is gone in the summer being the top earner, thats bound to upset a lot of players. Drogba and Malouda in general and the training situation. I think if you get rid of Ballack, Deco, Malouda and Drogba adn replace them with top quality then a lot of the problems are solved.

Training is another one. One of things I said also in december is that Scolari is used to internation adn hasn't been a club coach in quite some time. He is used to the players being trained by the clubs and all he has to do is work on how they apply that on the pitch. Now he is having to do all the training which giving the players saying its far too light leads me to believe that he has lost the knowledge on full club preperation.

It adds up when you see Chelsea without any legs in the last 20mins of matches, the fitness is just not there anymore and defensive lapses start to creep in. Desire, if your not going in with conviction 5 days a week in training then your not going to do it in a match. The amount of 50/50 balls Chelsea are loosing now is unreal. Something that never happened under Jose or dare I say it Avram.

For fear of repeating myself the side does need huge surgery. If only we could combine two of our great backers in modern times eh? Mathew Harding with Romans money. Now there would be a dream ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Are you Inter, are you Inter, are you Inter in disguise? Are you Inter in disguise.

1st jsersey is horrible and 2nd and 3rd remind me of the inter kits.

For fear of repeating myself the side does need huge surgery. If only we could combine two of our great backers in modern times eh? Mathew Harding with Romans money. Now there would be a dream ticket.

can't see how that's going to happen, Roman has made it pretty clear he's not too keen on sticking more millions into the club, we're not going to sell Ballack, Deco, Drogs for any substatial amounts with the way they've been playing ....so where are the new players going to come from? Attracting international overpriced superstars may prove tricky if we don't even look like wining anything.

Scolari seems intent on not playing any of the youngsters, so not there. CL (or an extended run in it) seems far from certain next season (and I can help fear Juve will be our last opponents this one).

Plus our managerial merry-go-round isn't going to look too appealing to any top quality manager to come in and take the lead, no matter how one looks at it allowing Jose to leave was the biggest error the club has made.

On the plus side all this drawing with Hull, being nervous about Watford and genuinely bricking it against Juve is more like the Chelsea I know, normal service is resumed.

OT I said it at the start of December that in the summer this Chelsea side needs major surgery. Too many players going through the motions and the balance is just not right at the club. I don't mean playing style on the pitch I mean, Ballack who i think is gone in the summer being the top earner, thats bound to upset a lot of players. Drogba and Malouda in general and the training situation. I think if you get rid of Ballack, Deco, Malouda and Drogba adn replace them with top quality then a lot of the problems are solved.

Malouda aside you have just named three of the top players in the world. Who do they replace them with exactly ? Do you realise Chelsea's pay extortionate fees days are over and now they are looking to make profit ? ridiculous thing to say as there is not a chance these players can be replaced with top quality on Chelsea's new budget. Malouda, Deco and Ballack would get them peanuts if sold. Drogba was rumoured €20 Million to City but I realistically think thats paper talk as the guy is 31 and the others 32 and 31 apart from Malouda. Fact is what you are saying will require big, big money and Chelsea dont have it to spend no more. Realistically all four will not be sold.

• Advertisement

paying anything for Malouda would seem daft, despite his past record he is consistently the worst player for Chelsea this season (despite serious competition from Deco).

redout wrote: »
    Malouda aside you have just named three of the top players in the world.

Ok I can see where your going but your also very blinkered in your view. Yes I'm aware on his day Drogba is one of the top strikers in the world and on their day Ballack and Deco are two of the best midfielders in the world.

But lets look at it deeper. Drogba is 30 soon to be 31 and has lost all interest in playing for Chelsea. In his present form he is useless and this summer is the last chance to get a decent price for him.

Ballack is 32 and at the start of next season will be 33. I will admit I thought he was Chelsea's best player last season however this season he has been off the pace and a lot of Chelsea players are not happy with his contract protecting him against weakened currencies. In effect he is by some distance the top earner at the club. If this causes unrest in the team in general better to either sort it out or clear it out for the good of the team.

Deco is 31 and will be 32 by the start of next season. Barca sold him totally aware that you get the first half of the season out of Deco but the second half his legs are gone. Thats exactly what we are seeing at the moment. He is past his peak and is not up to the speed and physicality of the prem anymore.

I understand the new economic climate that Chelsea are operating in but somewhere along the line you have to take a hit and reassess the team. When Essien comes back we will have extra cover in midfield so go 4 across and choose from mikel, lamps and essien. That gets rid of the need for deco and then we will see if Ballack is up to the fight. On the other hand if we sold him, well we got him for free so its not exactly a loss!!! Deco was 8mil, not a huge amount there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Mgoraf wrote: »
    New home jersey apparently:

chelseahome0910.jpg

2nd:
    200x250_away_1.jpg

3rd:
    200x250_away_2.jpg

The home one is woeful!! The 3rd once is alright mind.

I hope that blue one is a training shirt *puke*

I would love Zola and Clarke to replace Scolari.

also how about

Queiroz to fill in until the summer, managing both chelsea and portugal.

Ok I can see where your going but your also very blinkered in your view. Yes I'm aware on his day Drogba is one of the top strikers in the world and on their day Ballack and Deco are two of the best midfielders in the world.

But lets look at it deeper. Drogba is 30 soon to be 31 and has lost all interest in playing for Chelsea. In his present form he is useless and this summer is the last chance to get a decent price for him.

Ballack is 32 and at the start of next season will be 33. I will admit I thought he was Chelsea's best player last season however this season he has been off the pace and a lot of Chelsea players are not happy with his contract protecting him against weakened currencies. In effect he is by some distance the top earner at the club. If this causes unrest in the team in general better to either sort it out or clear it out for the good of the team.

Deco is 31 and will be 32 by the start of next season. Barca sold him totally aware that you get the first half of the season out of Deco but the second half his legs are gone. Thats exactly what we are seeing at the moment. He is past his peak and is not up to the speed and physicality of the prem anymore.

I understand the new economic climate that Chelsea are operating in but somewhere along the line you have to take a hit and reassess the team. When Essien comes back we will have extra cover in midfield so go 4 across and choose from mikel, lamps and essien. That gets rid of the need for deco and then we will see if Ballack is up to the fight. On the other hand if we sold him, well we got him for free so its not exactly a loss!!! Deco was 8mil, not a huge amount there either.

But my point was that the team dont have the financial resources to replace all four players. Ballack is the best midfielder Chelseas have in my opinion. Not as many goals as Lamps but they are different players. I would not ditch Ballack in a million years. Deco, Malouda yes and Lamps already shown he is not totally committed to the Chelsea's cause when he was toying around with the whole Inter thing. Replacements can be brought in but all i am saying is not to expect other superstars to replace this lot because you'se dont have the financial clout to do it. Drogba is class whenon form and will need to be replaced if sold as only Anelka there who can score goals. If the Robinho rumours are true then that wont solve anything if he is swapped for Drogba as you are still left short up front.

But my point was that the team dont have the financial resources to replace all four players. Ballack is the best midfielder Chelseas have in my opinion. Not as many goals as Lamps but they are different players. I would not ditch Ballack in a million years. Lamps already shown he is not totally committed to the Chelsea's cause when he was toying around with the whole Inter thing.

I know where your going with this but I think your over simplifying. We are agreed with Deco and Malouda so lets leave them aside. As I said, Ballack is 33 at the start of next season and is showing signs that his legs are gone. Now at what point do you say, ok you were a titanic player in your day but at a past your best 33 your 140k a week deal is causing ructions in the dressing room. Do you keep him there or cut him loose? Personally for the good of a team I'd call it quits now. Ballack doesn't have a lot more to give. The only other alternative is to renegotiate his deal in the summer and maybe that will happen!

Your comment on Lampard is one born of dislike more than observation. Lampard has been Chelsea's best player this season. In the past month or so fair enough you can see him become disillusioned with Scolari's direction but so is the entire team. He nearly went to Inter in the summer, didn't, signed a new deal and has been a class apart since.

• Advertisement

I know where your going with this but I think your over simplifying. We are agreed with Deco and Malouda so lets leave them aside. As I said, Ballack is 33 at the start of next season and is showing signs that his legs are gone. Now at what point do you say, ok you were a titanic player in your day but at a past your best 33 your 140k a week deal is causing ructions in the dressing room. Do you keep him there or cut him loose? Personally for the good of a team I'd call it quits now. Ballack doesn't have a lot more to give. The only other alternative is to renegotiate his deal in the summer and maybe that will happen!

Your comment on Lampard is one born of dislike more than observation. Lampard has been Chelsea's best player this season. In the past month or so fair enough you can see him become disillusioned with Scolari's direction but so is the entire team. He nearly went to Inter in the summer, didn't, signed a new deal and has been a class apart since.

The problem in Chelsea's dressing room is JT and Lamps with their little club which use to include the Special one. Break it up if you ask me. Plenty of examples around of clubs keeping top players who are old Scholes at United, Totti at Roma, Nedved at Juve etc.

The problem in Chelsea's dressing room is JT and Lamps with their little club which use to include the Special one. Break it up if you ask me. Plenty of examples around of clubs keeping top players who are old Scholes at United, Totti at Roma, Nedved at Juve etc.

Yeah to an extend I do agree with you. A large part of the Chelsea problem is the JT and Lampard club. However what you may not realise is that club is no longer the item that it once was. The sacking of Jose split it up. Lampard and Terry hardly speak anymore. Lampard sided with Jose and Terry wanted Jose out. Ultimately JT won and that club no longer exists in the guise that it once did. However it still could be a problem so maybe now is the time to do something. Do you sell JT or Lampard. Well personally neither as they are both class players but this season is the last year your going to get a top price for Lampard so would you cash in? Again I'd say no.

The point about the other players yeah I know what your saying. Scholes is a United legend though but for me I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire this summer. His spring is gone. Nedved stayed with Juve when they went down so has gotten an extra season or two more than he probably should have out of respect. Totti is the same age as Ballack but is a Roma boy through and through so they will not get rid of him. Ballack is not a Chelsea boy through and through thats the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Just to let you's know that St Pat's are playing a friendly next Wednesday at Richmond Park against a Chelsea XI. I think the Chelsea side is just reserves and youth. Won't be any superstars or anything.
    Ticket prices are E15 for the stand and a tenner for the rest of the ground. A fiver for students/OAP's, kids.
    Kick off is 7:45pm

anelka u beauty, two goals in 80 seconds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement