Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

Yep.. saw that on setanta this mornin.. what a legend!! We're totally fecked if we meet inter in the CL, the man's gonna psyche us out to bits with a few sentences..

Asked why he thought chelsea had suffered so much since he left, replied: "'Cos I left!!!!!!!!" ...... what a ledgend

Be Champions!! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

And no way can they be next years jerseys..There all horrible.White one is a little bit decent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

3rd kit looks a bit like Inter. Is that a piss take !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Didn't see the game at the weekend, but great see Manciene given a start he made a few errors but acquitted himself quite well so I heard.
    Interesting that Wilkins chose to bring on Stoch ahead of Queresma, who is obviously not match fit and is playing in the reserves tonight, but would love to see Miroslav given more chances.
    The play was apparently predictable at times again but when we changed to 4-4-2 we battered them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Abramovich 'suffers £6.3bn loss'

Abramovich has made a loss according to a Russian magazine
    Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has seen his wealth reduced by about $9bn (£6.3bn) in the financial crisis, according to a business magazine.

Abramovich held on to second place among Russia's wealthiest people with a fortune of $13.9bn, said Finans magazine.

Last year, American magazine Forbes estimated Abramovich was worth $23.5bn.

Russia has been hit hard during the recent financial crisis and several of the country's tycoons have suffered.

An updated Forbes list is due in around two months

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7892988.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Chelsea kids winning 1-0 vs pats at HT.

St Patrick's Athletic
    Clarke; Maher, Harris, Gavin, Stevens; Friemanis, Lynch, Salmon, Ryan; Quigley, Glinton Subs: Rogers, Dempsey, O'Connor, Cawley, Costigan, S Fitzpatrick, Haran, McArdle
    Chelsea XI
    Taylor; Taiwo, Ofori-Twumasi, Bridcutt, van Aanholt; Clifford, Ferreria, Mellis, Nouble; Nielsen, Borini Subs: Sala, Heimann, Philips, Ahamed, Mitrovic

At least 3 chelsea kids gone off injured, one seriously so far :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Judging by todays training, the team could be for sat

Cech
    Bosingwa
    Manciene/ Ivan
    Ferreria (LB)
    Terry
    Deco (anchorman)
    Lampard
    Ballack
    Mikel
    Anelka
    Drogba

If true, no width Guus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Chelsea like a foie gras Factory have their Guus
    now they just need it to develop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

finished 2-2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

smuckers wrote: »
    Judging by todays training, the team could be for sat

Cech
    Bosingwa
    Manciene/ Ivan
    Ferreria (LB)
    Terry
    Deco (anchorman)
    Lampard
    Ballack
    Mikel
    Anelka
    Drogba

If true, no width Guus!

I don't think it will be Mikel, I think Mikel would have been anchorman but is not attacking enough. I'd say there'll be some winger instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Chelsea kids winning 1-0 vs pats at HT.

St Patrick's Athletic
    Clarke; Maher, Harris, Gavin, Stevens; Friemanis, Lynch, Salmon, Ryan; Quigley, Glinton Subs: Rogers, Dempsey, O'Connor, Cawley, Costigan, S Fitzpatrick, Haran, McArdle
    Chelsea XI
    Taylor; Taiwo, Ofori-Twumasi, Bridcutt, van Aanholt; Clifford, Ferreria, Mellis, Nouble; Nielsen, Borini Subs: Sala, Heimann, Philips, Ahamed, Mitrovic

At least 3 chelsea kids gone off injured, one seriously so far :eek:

It wasn't on tv so I'm assuming you were at the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

soo we have hiddick saying hes going before hes even got a toe in the front door..

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/20022009/58/hiddink-rules-chelsea-stay.html

and we have jose saying he might come back in the future....

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/14022009/58/premier-league-mourinho-ll-return-chelsea.html

jose for next season i say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

the chels to win on the morrow....hope quaresma plays and gives chelsea the width they need. i think hiddink is smart enough to play drogba and anelka together tomorrow..drogba scored the most goals in a season when shevchenko was his partner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

brmccfc wrote: »
    nam sayin

???

all see the game at the weekend?
    i was well impressed in the 1st half, they team were making runs for each other, the midfield dominated, even drogba seemed interested in getting involved. they werent as good overall in the 2nd half, but they held on and a wins a win so happy days all round

small bit of team news filtering through:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/25022009/58/champions-league-team-news-gerrard-doubt.html

Chelsea could again start both Didier Drogba and Nicholas Anelka as they chase goals to take with them to Turin. Ricardo Quaresma, on loan from Inter, is not eligible for the game and the match is also likely to come too soon for Ricardo Carvalho and Michael Essien despite them both being close to a return. Ashley Cole returns from suspension.

expected lineup:

cech
    bosingwa
    terry
    alex
    (cole suspended)
    ballack
    lampard
    mikel
    kalou
    anelka
    drogba

come on the blues!

anybody have a link for this game?

Match Link

1-0 TERRY:D:D:D:D

Lampard assist i think...although fantasy prem aint given it

so 7 or 10 points off the pace

at least 2nd place is ours,

if we want it.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I must say it's nice to see Drogba scoring again, and nice to see us win another game in a row!

ya good to see him back in the mix looks like hes interested in playing again...difficult match for chelsea let portsmouth have a few chances and the conditions were slippy but they got the result in.quaresma did alright when he came imo got the crosses in...pity liverpool won saw a bit of the start and sunderland had sum good chances if only they went in...now we need the mancs to drop points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

We're not going to win the league so I don't really see the point in comparing us to Liverpool and United. Guus should use this year to start blooding Mancienne, Stoch, Bertrand and Di Santo in the league and focus on the cups

Bubs101 wrote: »
    We're not going to win the league so I don't really see the point in comparing us to Liverpool and United. Guus should use this year to start blooding Mancienne, Stoch, Bertrand and Di Santo in the league and focus on the cups
    i don't see why not...i know the league is probaly not goin to stamford bridge this year but a couple of shock results and you never know...chelsea to at least finish in second and stay ahead of liverpool...i agree that the young players should be given time esp di santo and stoch whove shown couple of nice touches when theyve been involved. Mancienne should be third choice centre back imo

wer a goal to the good with drogba on target, he apparently ran over to essian on the bench to celebrate.
    who let the drogs out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

be interesting to see if Essien starts tonight, would seem to be a bit of a gamble but he's a far better option that Mikel imo.

Anelka and Drogs up front I suspect, think Guus needs to go for it we can't afford to sit back and let Juve attack given our recent phobia for set pieces and general defending !

1 all I reckon

i would love either

Cech
    Back Four

.........Mikel.............
    .Lampard....Ballack.....
    essien...............Kaloue
    ...........Drogba............

or even better a 4-4-2 with

essien ballack lampard kalou
    drogba anelka

but it would be great to see Essien giving us more options then merely taking over from Mikel.

To think, last year we had makelele, mikel, essien, beletti all capable of doign a good job at DM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

The Bison starts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

YES! Michael Ession scored! Free kick beforehand was defo a goal. Welcome back Mick

What a laugh.

some game though.

• Advertisement

Delighted to be through, even more delighted for Essien to score, if I were a woman I'd have the lads babies, he's a legend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I love you Essien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

In fairness Drogba was the drogs Bollix

Not our greatest performance, Juve really went for it, but a great result. Drogba is unreal when hes bothered,

Its a true story, Drogs seems to be givin it socks atm, with Essien back and Ricky back on as a sub it looks like we'll have our full strenght squad back

About ****in time Drogba played well, doesnt deserve credit. Essien does though because hes amazing :).

essien_2_1024x768.jpg

Essien, a legend.

michael-essien.jpg

Essien, A winner.

610x.jpg

Essien, Ain't afraid of trains.

essien_348092a.jpg

Essien, We love him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

what a difference a manager makes !

quick question as i was mulling the thought throughout the game lastnite.
    have any of ye ever considered using boswingwa as an attacking winger? hes got buckets of pace, can cross, and isnt afraid to have a go at goals. put belletti at fullback, essian can cover while bosingwa goes forward.
    not to be used to every game, as boswingwa is a deadly fullback, and has proven himself, but as an option should we be lacking width in some circumstances.
    am i barmy?
    yes no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Essien is some player. No matter what position he plays, he does it well. I'd like to see him back at defensive midfield though.

• Advertisement

papagormo wrote: »
    quick question as i was mulling the thought throughout the game lastnite.
    have any of ye ever considered using boswingwa as an attacking winger? hes got buckets of pace, can cross, and isnt afraid to have a go at goals. put belletti at fullback, essian can cover while bosingwa goes forward.
    not to be used to every game, as boswingwa is a deadly fullback, and has proven himself, but as an option should we be lacking width in some circumstances.
    am i barmy?
    yes no?

I like that idea a lot actually,
    hopefully quaresma will make that his position though in the league at least.

I'd prefer not to use essien as a dmf, he is almost wasted there, as although he is an improvement on mikel, he improves other positions more imo

Does anyone know when the CL draw is?
    bring on Porto!

I think it would work well,especially in europe. We look very short of ideas out wide. Quaresma is looking good in the league at the moment. I'd have Ivanovic or Mancienne at RB.

CL draw is on Friday at 10:55 AM on sky I believe.

Yeah bosingwa at right wing would be interesting actually, excellent pace, can cross a ball well, it'd be safe to say he'd track back for support also.

V9 wrote: »
    CL draw is on Friday at 10:55 AM on sky I believe.

Yeah bosingwa at right wing would be interesting actually, excellent pace, cant cross a ball well, it'd be safe to say he'd track back for support also.

nope friday week,
    http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=64/newsid=551134.html

I want Barca or United or Lpool. Gota beat the best teams to win it. Would be sweet to knockout Arsenal tho.

Zhirkov being heavily liked with us again for next season. Would be very happy to see this deal come off. I think having him, Joe Cole, Stoch and maybe even Quaresma as options out wide for next season would be a massive improvment. Don't know what to do with Kalou.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1161262/Russian-Ronaldinho-step-closer-joining-Chelsea-following-Moscow-talks-Abramovich.html

selpher wrote: »
    Zhirkov being heavily liked with us again for next season. Would be very happy to see this deal come off. I think having him, Joe Cole, Stoch and maybe even Quaresma as options out wide for next season would be a massive improvment. Don't know what to do with Kalou.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1161262/Russian-Ronaldinho-step-closer-joining-Chelsea-following-Moscow-talks-Abramovich.html
    I don't know that much about zhirkov so i dunno if he'd be a good player for us but i do think stoch should be given some playing time he looks quick bright and creative and while quaresma hasnt had much time i hes known pieces of quality play if he improves before the end of the season i tink chelsea should try an sign him. i'm in the same boat with kalou don't really know what his best position is...sometimes he can show a nice touch or a good finish but most of the time he runs like a headless chicken straight into a player and loses the ball...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

brmccfc wrote: »
    i'm in the same boat with kalou don't really know what his best position is...sometimes he can show a nice touch or a good finish but most of the time he runs like a headless chicken straight into a player and loses the ball...
    I'd agree and think if we can curb this tendency in a number of players - Mikel and Boswinga etc. we'd be a far more effective team.

here's to Liverpool tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Thank you liverpool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement