Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

1701: BREAKING NEWS BBC
    Word reaches us that Chelsea playmaker Deco could be out for the season with a recurrence of his hamstring injury, sustained in today's 1-0 win over Manchester City. Blues boss Guus Hiddink says: "He was fit and worked hard, but after 20 or 25 minutes he had this problem again, so he will be out again for a while. I think Deco will not be recovered very shortly. He'll have to be very fit to come back this season. I have my doubts to be honest, but let's see what happens."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

tbh he's not really going to be that big a loss, he looked like he might be vaguely interested in playing yesterday but that's only the second time this season, the other being his debut.

now if Hiddink could just get Ballack to give a flying **** that would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Atletico Madrid want deco:D..win!!:D..now all we need to do is sell ballack too..then use that money to get a decent left winger and we got a nice midfield of mikel,essien,lams,cole and whoever we buy...i think ballack has to be dropped next game..essien can play in his role and let mikel continue to hold:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Have to say I thought the headline on the Sun was hillarious.

"Deco injury, rocks blues title bid"

Eh no. No it didn't. Pretty much everyone is quite happy with the situation really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Its funny how back in August we thought he'd be doin the business week in week out for us, ever since that first injury he picked up he went ta f00k, shame really.

• Advertisement

we'll i mean what did he do really??He had a shot palmed into the top corner on the first day of the season then ye scores a good free kick..that was about the highlights of his season really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Deco is finished at the top level I reckon. He is just not up to it anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i remember dunphy oiling up his mickey over Deco at the start of the season.....funny how times change.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i remember dunphy oiling up his mickey over Deco at the start of the season.....funny how times change.

That is a very very disturbing image... truely disturbing... ugh
    :(:(
    Soby wrote: »
    we'll i mean what did he do really??He had a shot palmed into the top corner on the first day of the season then ye scores a good free kick..that was about the highlights of his season really

From what I saw of him pre-injury, aside from the goals, his ability to pick out a pass was wonderful, I honestly thought we had finally got someone to create something out of nothing, similer to our little Zola them years ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

V9 wrote: »
    That is a very very disturbing image... truely disturbing... ugh
    :(:(

From what I saw of him pre-injury, aside from the goals, his ability to pick out a pass was wonderful, I honestly thought we had finally got someone to create something out of nothing, similer to our little Zola them years ago.
    Don't disrespect Zola like that please. Deco has been muck. Quite happy he's out.

• Advertisement

Vialli9 would like to apologise for the previous statment. Deco is nor ever will be in a league with Franco Zola.

:)

Who we hoping for in the draw later today? I fancy Arsenal meself, I reckon we could dump em out of Europe, be sweet! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Oh my, could we have asked for a tougher draw?

We have to get past Liverpool,
    and then Barca/Bayern

very tough.

Not a fan of going to anfield for first leg either, if they get a 0-0 draw even it will be hard to come back from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Very interested to see what Hiddink will make of Liverpool.

All in all it could have been tougher, we know we can beat Liverpool over 2 legs, and I'm just glad we didn't get Barca or Utd just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

AGAIN? Ffs. Pity theres no Riise for these games. Maybe Rafa will make another 'dossier' on Didier. It seems like every season we have to play Liverpool or Barca and this year could be both. I guess we'll see how good Guus really is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Mr Alan wrote: »

my lunch came out my nose when i read this

Priceless Al priceless

Well, suppose ya have to go out and beat the big teams to win. Hopefully we can snatch a result at anfield and then take em to the cleaners at the Bridge. Barca could be tricky alright. Still woulda preferred Arsenal :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

No easy games but ffs variety is the spice of life.
    If we can keep everyone fit and Essien continues to improve though we'll give anyone a game.

sick to death of playing them at this stage, but guess we'll just have to knock em out again , sorta had a n air of inevitability about it though! would have rathered a trip to Munich personally.

at least we're a very different side , both motivation and fitness, than we were under scolari, so I can choose to ignore our dismal display at anfield in Jan and hope for the best.

Is this going to coincide with the hillsborough anniversary ? that won't be nice.

So we're at home for the 2nd leg ye??Thats advantage to us so

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

im so angry..the one day utd lose we do to

• Advertisement

So, is there a "hiddink effect" or is there still major problems at the bridge?

say the champions league is the only thing that will answer those questions

why the Champions league only?

if you'd have won today, you'd have been 1 point off the top of the league!?

yes today was a joke,

I knwo spurs played well but we missed one opportunity too many this year.

Only for the rugby today id probably be banned from here.ffs. Twats. What a oppurtunity. favour returnd to liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Joke of a performance. If you can't raise your game against sp*rs when Utd are losing, when can you. Why did Belletti start? Awful stuff all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

I've said it before and ill say it again ....

get ready for the darkest times ahead for CFC ...

RA will leave soon ... then no $$$ ...

then comes relagation....

sure in a few years we'll be in the conference!!!

anyway ... I hope united can recover ... if the bindippers won it ,
    it would be the blackest year ever for football...

Just seen the goal..what was bosingwa doing??Any no marking for modric either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Soby wrote: »
    Just seen the goal..what was bosingwa doing??Any no marking for modric either
    bosingwa seems to be struggling recently from what i have seen of him.
    his attitude is questionable imo.
    thought chelsea were unlucky not to get a point from the game..
    chelsea never look as solid when carvaliho is not playing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Reported in one of the papers that Rijkaard will take over in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

it was a shambles yesterday,midfield was all over the place. Ballack offers nothing and Frank was off form, Essien didn't have the best of games either. Sooner we offload Ballack the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

wow!!

Liverpool 5 - 0 Villa !!!

nothing left really now this season .... time to look forward to next August !!

jackdaw wrote: »
    wow!!

Liverpool 5 - 0 Villa !!!

nothing left really now this season .... time to look forward to next August !!

you may not of heard of the champions league or the FA cup? for me our league challenge was over a month ago, going and losing at white hart lane in such a crucial game was just plain silly :mad: tottenham seem to be getting better against us for some strange reason, something i hope our new / next manager decides to readdress as a matter of some importance.

While reading (and loling) at the new Engerland kit thread I thought I'd pop up what is, by all accounts, gonna be our new one for next season:

174.JPG

Hmm.

I have to admit at first I did not like it, not by a long shot, but its grown on me, people might say its plain or whatever but I'm not a fan over overly busy looking shirts anyway.

Roundneck coller is nice, dispite what people say, there is no zipper on that shirt either, thank christ. No idea on a release date, we saw this seasons one in the last game of the season last year, if thats the case this is probably the final product, if its not til August maybe there'll be a few modifications made, lets see anyway...

That jersey would be good if we were playing rugby next year. It sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

anelka has a sore toe
    Somehow he managed to soldier through the last few games anyway.
    But now he needs to rest for three weeks. Two of which will be an international break.
    Hmmm something dodgy is afoot methinks. ;)

Poor ickle Nic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

boswinga and drogs both out.
    anybody think shearer will have an impact at newcastle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

pwd wrote: »
    anelka has a sore toe
    Somehow he managed to soldier through the last few games anyway.
    But now he needs to rest for three weeks. Two of which will be an international break.
    Hmmm something dodgy is afoot methinks. ;)
    http://www.skysports.com/football/match_preview/0,19764,11065_3005242,00.html

anelka has now shaken off his toe injury. Just in time huh what a surprise :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hopefully Drogba starts tonight

oh its going to be scary alright

what od ye think will happen?

I think Rafa is going to try and end this one tonight.
    So they'll come at us like a train. If we can weather the storm and try to nick the away goal we're in with a shout. We're finding goals hard to come by lately though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

ill reckon we can take them. they will fly at us for the first bit, the game will settle down and we plough in a goal with a bit of skill from lamps and a bit of space creating by drogs.
    can we get essien to man mark the **** out of gerrard? bulldoser vs bulldoser kind of thing.
    let mikel and terry handle torres. leave ballack/deco on the bench.

Well done Chelsea. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I take back everything I ever said or thought about Malouda after tonight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

well played chelsea.
    real intensity like mourinho days.
    ye're the only threat to barca on that performance.

branislav_ivanovic.jpg
    :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement