Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

jackdaw wrote: »
    congratulations barca !!!

you will surely win in Rome aswell ...

you are a gas man jakdaw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Absolutely in bits.

Some fair amount of idiots in the other thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

gutted ... heart ripped out ....

in a bar in barcelona and some idiot grabs me and screams in my face when they equalised ....

I only cheer for my team when Essien scored !!!

jesus unbelievable .. they wonder why the rest of Spain HATES their guts ...

i am a red devil on may 27th

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Absolutely in bits.

Some fair amount of idiots in the other thread

Yeah I will need a few days to recover from this,

can't really talk about the game, shouldn't be here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

gutted ... heart ripped out ....

in a bar in barcelona and some idiot grabs me and screams in my face when they equalised ....

I only cheer for my team when Essien scored !!!

i am a red devil on may 27th

The actions of Redout mean I'm beginning to empathize with Franco.

The reputation Eze has built of Barca fans being nice guys has been blown away, they're as bad as us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

United fan here. Just came by to say hard luck. That was a brutally unfair match. The ref was atrocious. You's deserved a win, (as much as I'd prefer not to have faced Chelsea, that was cruel) and to be honest, from what i could see, the ref practically did everything he could have to secure a Barce win.
    Chelsea will now probably get a fine and disciplinary action and the ref a pat on the back.

Hard luck all the same, that must be a tough, tough blow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Still heartbroken over ere, I left the pub and havent utterd a word since I came home, I don't mind losing but in the manner we did (3 penalties, THREE!!) it just makes me bitter, for all their passing, we held them (mostly), I dunno where people are gettin they were the better team, their efforts on goal for the entire game were terrible.

We were robbed of a CL final by a ****in disgrace of a referee, I said previously he wouldnt be fit to officiate a Sunday League game, I take it back, he isnt fit to officiate an u10 parish cup final. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

What can I say. Gutted, hearbroken, not really surprised for some reason, but still hurts.
    I guess F.a cup final is something to look forward to. Who's reffing that?
    We'll be back though. We always are.

Keep The Faith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Barca supporter here, unlucky lads, you did deserve at the very least one penalty. Thoroughly enjoyed the game though, with two individual pieces of brilliance being overshadowed by some awful referring decisions. Commiserations, there is always next year, I know that only too well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Best of luck in the final eZe.

Fair play Davyjose.

Now, lets at least thrash Everton in the FA cup :)

Mickey mouse cup that CL.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Lads, Arsenal man here. Ye were absolutely robbed tonight, there were 3 cast iron penalties not given imo. As bad as we were against Utd I can say hand on heart we didnt deserve it but if we were knocked out the way Chelsea were tonight id be absolutely fuming.

I can totally understand the reaction of the Chelsea players tonight and if the same thing were to happen Arsenal I have absolutely no doubt Fabregas, Ade and the rest would be just as upset with the ref, that ref bottled it tonight.

Anyone else think UEFA didnt want a repeat of last years final??! Or am i crazy...?:o

Hard luck lads.

FearDark wrote: »
    Lads, Arsenal man here. Ye were absolutely robbed tonight, there were 3 cast iron penalties not given imo. As bad as we were against Utd I can say hand on heart we didnt deserve it but if we were knocked out the way Chelsea were tonight id be absolutely fuming.

I can totally understand the reaction of the Chelsea players tonight and if the same thing were to happen Arsenal I have absolutely no doubt Fabregas, Ade and the rest would be just as upset with the ref, that ref bottled it tonight.

Anyone else think UEFA didnt want a repeat of last years final??! Or am i crazy...?:o

Hard luck lads.

Cheers, lets hope we put on a good show for the 3rd place playoff this weekend!

Cheers. Could be a conspiracy http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055557872

Hoping these guys will tell me. There qualified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

CHD wrote: »
    Cheers. Could be a conspiracy http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055557872

Hoping these guys will tell me. There qualified.

If by conspiracy you mean not being able to kill of the game then yes... it is a conspiracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

the conspiracy theory would be a good one if barca weren't denied a blatent peno last week and didn't have a man sent off for no reason tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

The reputation Eze has built of Barca fans being nice guys has been blown away, they're as bad as us

That has got to be one of the most idiotic posts I have ever read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

redout is a Utd fan living in Barcelona afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Interesting.

'''HATES'' you say, but I doubt you really speak for the rest of Spain.

Sad to see some Chelsea fans have about as much class as their players.

Mr Alan wrote: »

Well unless Barca moved about 600km south-west then I dont think so.

17919831.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Don't be coy with me redout.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

So as Chelsea's season is over bar the FA cup in a few weeks time what do people make of their potential clear out in the summer. Roman was making noises about trying to sell the club. Well he? Who will be manager? What players will leave or stay?

Id expect the press to be starting these stories as we speak!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Fair enough if you don't like how Barca fans have reacted after the win, but to say something as blatantly ignorant as this ignores a ban imo. Can't believe you would say something so petty over a fcuking football game. Thousands of people were killed in Catalunya, the entire culture and way of life was threatened by a dictator.

Would you say empathize with Hitler after meeting a few cocky jews? Because it's essentially the same thing. Disgusting, and then you go on to talk about our class.....

Mr Alan wrote: »

He lives in Madrid, he's a spy we let infiltrate their area... :pac:;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

jank wrote: »
    So as Chelsea's season is over bar the FA cup in a few weeks time what do people make of their potential clear out in the summer. Roman was making noises about trying to sell the club. Well he? Who will be manager? What players will leave or stay?

What noises has he made about selling the club ?

kinaldo wrote: »
    Interesting.

'''HATES'' you say, but I doubt you really speak for the rest of Spain.

Sad to see some Chelsea fans have about as much class as their players.

Hey mate do you live here ?

Cataalns are doing the same thing as Franco did, they restrict Spanish, they scold kids in school for speaking it ... they have a chip on their shoulder about
    Spain and are anti-Spain in general ...

even mates of mine Catalan Barca supporters were disgusted by the carry on last night in the pub.... pure aggresion directed toward me ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

jank wrote: »

I think we need to chain Guus Hiddink until he agrees to stay.
    A couple of signings to allow him to play a more expansive game and we're looking good for next season.
    Drogba may need to be let go to enable this to happen .
    We're still looking at Mourinhos team built to play a certain way and this now needs to be changed.
    Unfortunately the economic climate at the moment might scupper this plan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I agree that Guus is a good manager but Roman risks making alot of nasty enemies if he takes Gus from his main day job.

Selling drogba might be on the cards alright. But I heard Anelka is definately on the way out as well so thats two strikers to get. There was a lot of talk about reducing the huge chelsea wage bill so I would imagine more players to move on than just those 2.

Out of all the clubs chelsea's situtation is the most interesting to watch over the coming summer. I think the age of Roman A is coming to a close.

I think this summer will be very interesting. I think this season is the end of 'Mourinho's team'. The board have to get their next appointment absoloutely spot on and stick with him. I pray they work out some kind of deal with Guus where he keeps both jobs, and gets a top assistant and backroom staff to lighten the load this side when he has games coming up.

Reduce the average age, bring in some pace and give guys like Mancienne, Sroch, Di Santo, etc a chance.
    I think Romans first choice manager is Ancelotti . Not the chelsea fans favourite and looking increasingly unlikely. I personally think it'll be Rijkaard but wouldn't mind taking a gamble on a young hungry inexpierienced manager and let him try build something.

The core of the team will stay. Cech, Terry, the two Coles, Essien, Mikel, Bosingwa and Lampard.
    1 if not 2 of Ivanovic, Alex and Carvalho will leave.
    The official line is we have to sell to buy. So maybe Drogba and/or Anelka, Deco, Ferriea, Sheva, Pizzaro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

3rd/4th place play off on Sunday:)

Soby wrote: »
    3rd/4th place play off on Sunday:)

No brother.

Chelsea 6pts ahead of the Gunners and they have to play United again.

3rd is sown up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

redout wrote: »
    No brother.

Chelsea 6pts ahead of the Gunners and they have to play United again.

3rd is sown up.

He was referring to the Champions League as they were both beaten in the semi final.

I think i actually feel worse today then i did yesterday ...

reading that Roman A will leave is not helping either ....

without money we will be nothing....

we might not even finish in top 4 next season ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I think i actually feel worse today then i did yesterday ...

reading that Roman A will leave is not helping either ....

without money we will be nothing....

we might not even finish in top 4 next season ...

Is RA leaving though?

And if he is wasn't their a middle-east consortium looking at buying him out?

I would think that a London Club would be an attractive location as well.

hopefully, that could be a safety net ...

i think the reason im still gutted ... i feel this could have been our last real chance...

Let me ask any Leeds fans outthere , do you bemoan the fall of your club ? or has your expectations changed ?

This will teach the ref to not give us penos
    ANGRY footie fans have vowed to get their own back on ref Tom Henning Ovrebo by stopping Norway winning Eurovision.

Chelsea supporters are still fuming after losing last week’s Champions League semi-final.

And they blame Norwegian ref Ovrebo’s “appalling” performance for turning down penalty appeals and handing victory to Barcelona.

The 42-year-old ref is now in hiding after receiving a string of death threats.

Now an internet campaign has been launched to hit his native country where it really hurts – at the Eurovision song contest.

Norway is favourite to win Saturday night’s event in Moscow with singer Alexander Rybak, 22, and his ditty Fairytale.

But angry fans are urging the UK and other countries to award them “nul points” on the night and deprive them of victory.

One fan said: “They robbed Chelsea of the chance to play in the Champions League final.

“So let’s rob them of the Eurovision trophy.”

Meanwhile, the UK’s entrant Jade Ewen, 23, has been keeping her spirits up in Moscow with fry-ups.

The super-slim star admitted: “I can’t keep away from them.”

*Shamed Chelsea star Didier Drogba’s tantrum at the end of the Champions League game has inspired a hit internet game.

As the wild-eyed virtual character “Didier DrogBaby”, players try to hit a moving target modelled on bald ref Ovrebo, who was confronted by angry Drogba, 31, at the end of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I dont know which is worse making death threats or not voting for Norway in the Song Contest :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

this story would appear to have been totally fabricated by the Daily Star (shock)

can't see any chelsea fan I know giving up 2 seconds of their lives to endure anything to do with the eurovision song contest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I know Berlesconi's erratic and all but interesting story this for Chelsea fans as regards who could be your next manager

AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has fuelled speculation Carlo Ancelotti will leave the club this summer by accusing the Rossoneri boss of costing the club the Serie A title this season.

Milan are seven points behind city rivals Inter with just three games to go and seemingly poised to miss out on the domestic title once again. They have not won the Scudetto since 2004.

Berlusconi, who is also the Italian prime minister, is in no doubt about who is to blame for the failure.

Speaking in Egypt, he told La Repubblica newspaper: "We lost the title because of Ancelotti.

"Many times we did not use the right tactics.

"We have so many good dribblers and should have based our football on this asset, but we did the opposite."

Club vice-president Adriano Galliani refused to endorse Berlusconi's views, insisting now is not the time to discuss what might happen at the end of the season.

"I never comment, as a rule, the declarations of president Berlusconi and I don't comment what is reported to me by the newspapers that I have not read," he told the club's official website, www.acmilan.com.

"I said and I repeat that I won't speak before May 31 on these things, or at least I won't speak before we have reached the direct qualification to the Champions League."

Ancelotti has been heavily tipped to take over at Chelsea at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I know Berlesconi's erratic and all but interesting story this for Chelsea fans as regards who could be your next manager

How does this make any difference?

"Ancelotti has been heavily tipped to take over at Chelsea at the end of the season."

Is that not common knowledge at this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

deisedevil wrote: »
    How does this make any difference?

"Ancelotti has been heavily tipped to take over at Chelsea at the end of the season."

Is that not common knowledge at this stage?

But Ancellotti has also being thought to be of the view that he won't go anywhere, his boss blames him for losing the league so that could mean either
    1. He will say f*** this I'm off or
    2. Berlesconi knows hes already on his way and is just blaming everything that went wrong on him so that in the Summer he'll be gone along with the perceived cause for the lack of success, he'll appoint someone new and everythings fixed again.

Or he could just be on his way to Real Madrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    his boss blames him for losing the league

The title hasn't been lost yet. While improbable its still possible.

In any case Carlo's contract expires next summer. Throughout his reign Silvio has constantly critisised his tactics and team selection. This is nothing new but its time to start moving Carlo in the right direction i.e. out the door or batter his wage down.

• Advertisement

Love if we signed someone like Gourcuff. Be great in midfield..Cant see Milan letting him go though

this is an excerpt from the Guardian's rumour mill this morning

the Mill can report developments at the Bridge where Carlo Ancelotti is going to be unveiled as Chelsea's new manager as early as Saturday. He'll swing into action by signing Emmanuel Adebayor, because Arsène Wenger says he hasn't got a problem with taking money off Chelsea, put a gilded shepherd's crook around the neck of CSKA Moscow's Yuri Zhirkov and parcel up Didier Drogba, stick a stamp on his head and dispatch him in the general direction of Manchester City.

I would like Zhirkov but not ancelotti, adebayor or losing Drogba :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I would like Zhirkov but not ancelotti, adebayor or losing Drogba :(

Drogba is getting old, Adebayor isn't. Adebayor will get you at least as many goals as Drogba and plays in the same position. Drogba dives, Adebayor strays offside. Personally, I'm fed up of Adebayor, but he's a decent player and a great singer so I'd gladly take £20m-£60m for him :D

If Adebayor moves to Chelsea i think i will cry. Why would we sign him.

Yes it would be a big step back alright, the only thing he has is youth, but is a bit of a joke of a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

can't see there being any truth in this , he's nowhere near the standard expected at Chelsea ! :)

I am beginning to rethink Adebayor,

his game doesn't suit Arsenals,
    maybe he will be more suited to ours however;

His headers for example could be interesting, and make us even more lethal from set pieces.

anyone have any kind words to say for him?

What is his personality like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

when you consider the type of football ye play, ie a Villa, Eto, Henry, Benzema wouldnt suit ye at all who else is there out there to replace Drogba aprt from Ade? Wagner Love maybe but hes totally unproven wheras Ade got more than 30 goals last season and scored more goals than drogba not only last year but also this year despite being injured as long as drogba was,

The only other real option is maybe Jo but i don't thik anyone could argue he's better than Ade......

So is there many that dont want Ancelotti??Im unsure..He's not real proven Premiership exp..He's two champions league cups to his name ye but i dunno..He's ony ever managed in italy...Nearly prefare Moyes or O'neil..OR
    Bring back josé!!

Looks like someone forgot about Zlatan Ibrahimovic again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement