Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

expected line up today is unchanged from last weeks game.

cech

boswinga
    terry
    alex
    cole

lampard
    mikel
    essien

anelka
    drogba
    malouda

come on the blues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

papagormo wrote: »
    expected line up today is unchanged from last weeks game.

cech

boswinga
    terry
    alex
    cole

lampard
    mikel
    essien

anelka
    drogba
    malouda

come on the blues!

Strong lineup considering there's not a whole lot to play for unless Liverpool lose against West Brom so that Chelsea can finish second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Great chants yesterday..."Roman,Roman Roman Roman sign him up":p
    "we want you to stay,we want you to staaaaaaaay,Guss Hidink,we want to stay":p (if only)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

ji0wnc.jpg

Guus is the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I am beginning to rethink Adebayor,

his game doesn't suit Arsenals,
    maybe he will be more suited to ours however;

His headers for example could be interesting, and make us even more lethal from set pieces.

anyone have any kind words to say for him?

What is his personality like?

Dont think his great tbh , Drogba is far superior and I would prefer to keep him given the choice .
    Every time I Adebayor play he is always going offside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    ji0wnc.jpg

Guus is the man.

Nun too happy about Hiddink's return to Russia.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

The Arsenal fans not minding if he moves to there big rivals across London says it all.

Adebayor is not good enough for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Don't want to see Adebayor coming.
    We need to change the way we play and move on from what is still Mourinhos team. Would love to see us sign some players to give us a bit more guile and mobility in the final third.

Does no one find my caption funny? ^^^
    this is shocking.

• Advertisement

Does no one find my caption funny? ^^^
    this is shocking.
    Its more a facepalm moment tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Interested in Pandev and someone from Porto. Porto must be minted from us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I was saying for most of the season that we should get in a decent left winger but if Malouda can carry the from he's in now into next season we should be grand, himself and Joe Cole beltin it down the wings for sport.

Is it too much to ask for Tevez to sign with us? :D:D:D

yeah Teves would be great, I think I agree with you that Malouda is proving himself of late.

I don't fully know where we need to strengthen. Obviously if our forwards move out we need work in that department, beside that I'm not sure.

Zhirkov would be good as for the left wing and as a backup lb also.

Maybe someone like Diego to fight it out with Ballack and mature into the team. (although granted Diego seems fully mature by now and most likely off to Juve)
    Is the Van der Vaart story still going around?

I think our midfield, for the most part is fine, what we should be doing is bringing in some young lads for the next two years for a lampard replacement, only problem is lampard want to play every minute of every game so the young lad would get feck all first team football. We need someone like an Anderson, someone who in a few years can take to the first XI.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

V9 wrote: »
    I think our midfield, for the most part is fine, what we should be doing is bringing in some young lads for the next two years for a lampard replacement, only problem is lampard want to play every minute of every game so the young lad would get feck all first team football. We need someone like an Anderson, someone who in a few years can take to the first XI.

We have Mikel who'll be taking Ballacks place in a year or two

Essien and Mikel will be around for a good while longer, Lampard will be slowing up soon no doubt and we don't really have a midfielder that is of a similer role. Same can be said for the forwards, I dunno of young Di Santo is gonna feature long term for Chelsea.

We need a back up for left back as well. Shoulda never have gotten rid of Bridge, imo.

Bridge deserved to be a first team player somewhere. Had to let him go. Lampard will be ok for another seaon or two. We need wingers! top class ones! then we would crush the league :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

CHD wrote: »
    Bridge deserved to be a first team player somewhere. Had to let him go. Lampard will be ok for another seaon or two. We need wingers! top class ones! then we would crush the league :)

We have Malouda and Cole. TBH, I think the time has come to bring in a new keeper. Seb Frey would be nice

I think Cech will be back to his best next year. Cole and Malouda are not top class. We need players doing a job like Duff and Robben did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Malouda has shown recently the sort of form which brought him player of the year awards in France and his big money transfer to Chelsea. I'd give him a chance next season, and not only that I think he will flourish.

Joe Cole will be back who is of course a very good winger.

I would bring in another quality winger though with maybe some flair, thats all this Chelsea team is lacking imo, one or two flair players who can produce a piece of magic out of nothing.

Zhirkov or Pandev would be excellent, excellent signings.

Will Drogba stay?

If he doesn't who will yous go in for? My guess would be Adebayor, if you bring consistency out of him yous will have a world beater, if yous can't well you have a second rate Drogba on your hands.

Defence is grand aswell, Boswinga Alex/Carvalho Terry and Cole is very very solid.

Essien will be back.

Next season is looking promising for Chelsea.

PS I'm a United fan.

My thoughts exactly, good post.

I also think Cech will get back to his best, Ivanovic is a handy player to have too.

Chelseas most important signing is the manager. The right one will bring our squad back to the top.

What ye think about Kalou - stay or go ? Hidink didn't fancy him much . I always though he was a good player for the club .

Barr wrote: »
    What ye think about Kalou - stay or go ? Hidink didn't fancy him much . I always though he was a good player for the club .

Doesn't know when to release the ball . Won't be a major player any time soon.

The right manager might get something out of Kalou but he's just decent. At least he is better than Nani and Babbel :)

The right manager might get something out of Kalou but he's just decent. At least he is better than Nani and Babbel :)

Its Babel and Kalou is worse than both.

Its Babel and Kalou is worse than both.
    lol no he's not.

So the Chelsea awards took place

Player of the Year - Frank Lampard.
    Players Player - Ashley Cole
    Young Player of the Year - Michael Mancienne
    Goal of the Season - Essien -v- Barca
    Special recognition award went to John Tery for 10 years of first team service.

Somehow Mikel was nominated for player of the year. Strange.

So the Chelsea awards took place

Player of the Year - Frank Lampard.
    Players Player - Ashley Cole
    Young Player of the Year - Michael Mancienne
    Goal of the Season - Essien -v- Barca
    Special recognition award went to John Tery for 10 years of first team service.

Somehow Mikel was nominated for player of the year. Strange.

Nice to see Ashley Cole get the players award. I'm not his biggest fan as a person, but as a player I have to say he definitely gives all for the cause.
    Hopefully Mancienne will figure some more next year as well as he looks like an exciting player for the future.

Maybe we're trying to offload Mikel and so are attempting to inflate his worth ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

drogba out david villa in. its come out that drogba wants to leave every season hes been at chelsea. TBH im sick of him get rid and get some younger world class striker in.....david villa pls

Meh keep him, just need the right manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

From http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11945_5342818,00.html
    Uefa has initiated disciplinary proceedings against Chelsea, Didier Drogba and Jose Bosingwa for their behaviour in the UEFA Champions League semi-final against Barcelona.

The European governing body has taken action following the second leg of the tie, which took place at Stamford Bridge at the beginning of May.

Chelsea have been charged with the improper conduct of their players and for the behaviour of their fans, who are alleged to have hurled objects from the stands.

Drogba and Bosingwa are facing possible punishment in the wake of their much-publicised, angry reactions towards match referee Tom Henning Ovrebo.

A Uefa statement read: "The club are charged with the improper conduct of their players and the throwing of missiles by their supporters, while Drogba and Bosingwa are accused of being in breach of the principles of sportsmanship by insulting the referee by making offensive comments.

"The club and the individuals concerned have been requested to file a statement by Friday, 29th May. The Uefa control & disciplinary body will deal with the case on 17th June."

Barcelona went through to the final on away goals after drawing the match 1-1 but Chelsea claimed they should have had up to four penalties.

Do ye reckon he will rest many players tomorrow .. I have Anelka , Malouda and Terry on my Fantasy Football team and points are tight at the top :)

Prob drop Malouda, i reckon Anelka will play to try win the golden boot and Terry will almost definetly start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Love to see Stoch come on..Great little player..works hard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Great last game, Anelka gets the golden boot and Ashley Cole gets a goal this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Well done Nico. All from open play aswell. His and Kalous goals were fantastic. Cole scores with his right foot too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

thank you chelsea for another enjoyable season.
    (and thank you guys for the links to the games folks!)

Season was full of fail tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

papagormo wrote: »
    thank you chelsea for another enjoyable season.
    (and thank you guys for the links to the games folks!)

Im still gutted its not us in the final tomorrow - the more I think about it the more I believe it was day light robbery.

Oh well... Im sure Barca will be found out tomorrow nite

looks like deco is on his way out. hafta say i'm not disappointed. he couldnt hack it. think we needs to start thinkin bout getin some younger legs in as theres a good few wrong side of 30. hopefully its deco not carvalho mourinhos talking bout coz id love him to stay. himself and terry playing together fit and on form is the best partnership in europe.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5351800,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Meanwhile, Franck Ribery is set to follow in the footsteps of the likes of John Obi Mikel and Michael Essien by snubbing the overtures of United and plumping for Chelsea instead.

Its only a rumour so far

Quite Franckly I would love him at the bridge.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

He would be a great signing, but we would have to sign him quickly and not have a repeat of last year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Yuri Zhirkov Excellent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well I said earlier on in the year I think the following need to go:
    Ballack
    Deco
    Drogba

I would say Malouda as well but he started to show some form under Hiddink and I don't think we've seen the best of him. 1 more season maybe and see if he is up for the fight of a starting place.

That does leave us a touch short in attacking minded midfielders. The following I'd like to see come in:
    Zirkhov
    Ribery
    Villa (not going to happen)
    Milito (maybe)
    Benzema (possible)

At the moment We are wear out wide. Malouda as I said above could get one more year to prove himself. Kalou while he has the closest control i've seen in years just doesn't have the football brain at to top level and I think should be moved on. If we got Ribery and Zirkhov that solves left and right sided problems. Also Zirkhov can cover for Cole when he is injured. With Cole coming back that is another winger also and Stoch should see more of the pitch next year to show what he can do.

Also required is another good striker. Some from the list above. I think with a partner and greater service from out wide I think Nic would have a better season next year than this year.

The defense is fine as it is and all I believe is wrong is a bit extra comfort and confidence for Cech.

iregk wrote: »
    Well I said earlier on in the year I think the following need to go:
    Ballack
    Deco
    Drogba

I would say Malouda as well but he started to show some form under Hiddink and I don't think we've seen the best of him. 1 more season maybe and see if he is up for the fight of a starting place.

That does leave us a touch short in attacking minded midfielders. The following I'd like to see come in:
    Zirkhov
    Ribery
    Villa (not going to happen)
    Milito (maybe)
    Benzema (possible)

At the moment We are wear out wide. Malouda as I said above could get one more year to prove himself. Kalou while he has the closest control i've seen in years just doesn't have the football brain at to top level and I think should be moved on. If we got Ribery and Zirkhov that solves left and right sided problems. Also Zirkhov can cover for Cole when he is injured. With Cole coming back that is another winger also and Stoch should see more of the pitch next year to show what he can do.

Also required is another good striker. Some from the list above. I think with a partner and greater service from out wide I think Nic would have a better season next year than this year.

The defense is fine as it is and all I believe is wrong is a bit extra comfort and confidence for Cech.
    i like the cut of your gib

id love if david villa came over here but he said a while back hed prefer to play for arsenal....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

CHD - agree with you strongly on the Duff/Robben comment. Back then Chelsea had TOP class across the whole midfield (with Makalele doing to brill job at DMF), thus has more capability to move forward and giving Drogba plenty of service.

We seem to have a cramped central midfield now, Lampard, Essien, Ballack, Deco - all good players, but too many and nothing out wide. Malouda just doesn't do it for me. Joe Cole, as far as I am concerned is top shelf subsititute material. He's the perfect player to come on late and play with some flair and create or score, but I don't seem him as a starter in a formation structure.

I would like to see Drogba go. I hate the way he carries on. Chelsea are becoming the team everyone loves to hate, so dissapointing. And I believe Drogba is a major cause of that.

David Villa - Get him. Get him at all costs.

Franck Riberry - I can't see that being anything more than rumour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

is Joe Cole available?

someone told me he's been fit for a while but aint getting near the team....is this true? I thought he was still injured?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    is Joe Cole available?

someone told me he's been fit for a while but aint getting near the team....is this true? I thought he was still injured?
    He's is 100% still injured, he has either started light training this week or is about to. He's been jogging for couple of weeks.

Still injured, but yous can have him :).

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement