Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

bw wrote: »
    CHD - agree with you strongly on the Duff/Robben comment. Back then Chelsea had TOP class across the whole midfield (with Makalele doing to brill job at DMF), thus has more capability to move forward and giving Drogba plenty of service.

We seem to have a cramped central midfield now, Lampard, Essien, Ballack, Deco - all good players, but too many and nothing out wide. Malouda just doesn't do it for me. Joe Cole, as far as I am concerned is top shelf subsititute material. He's the perfect player to come on late and play with some flair and create or score, but I don't seem him as a starter in a formation structure.

I would like to see Drogba go. I hate the way he carries on. Chelsea are becoming the team everyone loves to hate, so dissapointing. And I believe Drogba is a major cause of that.

David Villa - Get him. Get him at all costs.

Franck Riberry - I can't see that being anything more than rumour.
    Yep, agree with everything your saying except i'd keep Drogba. I don't mind being hated as long as we are winning and Drogba is a important part of a winning team.

Really hope Zhirkov signs. Sign a right sided player now and we will be flying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

team announced:

cech

bosingwa
    alex
    terry
    a.cole

essien
    mikel
    lampard

malouda
    drogba
    anelka

mikel on for ballack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Malouda is doing well again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

Congrats to chelsea, money really does talk.
    On the balance of play it was deserved. See you next year!

Essien is a legend, can always become a photograher when he's finished with football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Congrats to chelsea, money really does talk.

This is getting really annoying tbh.

Delighted with the result, especially for Guus, what a job he has done in just a couple of months, wish he could stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Woohoo - Very happy today.

We're back and should be contenders next year.

Happy we've now got players like Anelka and Malouda firing - augurs well for the future.
    Team spirit looks good as well - hopefully new coach is not overawed by Guus legacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

eddiehead wrote: »
    This is getting really annoying tbh.

Delighted with the result, especially for Guus, what a job he has done in just a couple of months, wish he could stay.

LOL. Enjoy the annoyance. You's are what you's are because a billionaire owns you. You's aren't a big club, you's are a rich one. There is no debate. Enjoy the plastic success.

monkey9 wrote: »
    LOL. Enjoy the annoyance. You's are what you's are because a billionaire owns you. You's aren't a big club, you's are a rich one. There is no debate. Enjoy the plastic success.
    LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Why was Essien taken off today? Ballack didn't do one thing right when he came on.

On the Zhirkov 'signing' (I need more confirmation than stories in the Russian media and The Sun), while he looked a good player at the Euros, surely Malouda's form in the past few months suggests that he should be the starting left sided player in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

I thought Essien started to fade a bit towards the end., but yeah Ballack did nothing. We actually looked like we lost our shape a bit. Absolutely thrilled with the win today. People can say what they want about the Fa cup but It still means the same to me as it did in 94. Just hope the next guy in the door doesn't mess up all Hiddinks good work (Drogba, Malouda etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Who's goin's around sayin's we's a big club? I's don'ts remember's sayin that's anyway's. We's are as big as we's are coz a billionaire owns's us, this is true but we's were still's better than Everton when he took's over's.

It's all the pathetic little snipe's at us that I have a problem with, we can't help being minted & it's not my fault Everton aren't, build a bridge tbh.

edit: plastic success>>>>>>no success

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Bit unfair. They might not have been a "big club" before Roman took over (which is also debatable) but they are undoubtedly a big club now.

Big Clubs win leagues.

Ballack Agrees New Deal, expects Ancelotti as manager

At this point, I would not like to see Ballack as a starting MF next year-his play this year certainly doesn't warrant a starting role IMHO. Not that anyone else in the squad suggests they should start ahead of him, but MF is hopefully a position that can be addressed this summer.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Ballack Agrees New Deal, expects Ancellotti as manager

At this point, I would not like to see Ballack as a starting MF next year-his play this year certainly doesn't warrant a starting role IMHO. Not that anyone else in the squad suggests they should start ahead of him, but MF is hopefully a position that can be addressed this summer.

Yes it would be nice to get a younger up and coming midfielder to displace Ballack alright.

Although he may himself be the first choice sub if Mikel and Essien continue to play together.

Can Malouda play on the right?

Which defenders futures are in doubt?
    it would be great to keep hold of our stock of defenders

Bosingwa, Cole, Zhirkof (presumably) Carvalho, Terry, Mancienne, Alex and Ivanovic

Ferreira can pack his bags, but are any of the above short on contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ancellotti quits AC Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Essiens cup final snaps make it online :D

lookie :)

Yes it would be nice to get a younger up and coming midfielder to displace Ballack alright.

Although he may himself be the first choice sub if Mikel and Essien continue to play together.

Can Malouda play on the right?

Which defenders futures are in doubt?
    it would be great to keep hold of our stock of defenders

Bosingwa, Cole, Zhirkof (presumably) Carvalho, Terry, Mancienne, Alex and Ivanovic

Ferreira can pack his bags, but are any of the above short on contract?

I don't see Zhirkov being bought to play at the back, not all the time anyway.

I'm sure Malouda can play on the left, but I'm not a fan of having left footed players on the right and vice versa. I would hope that J Cole is back to contribute on the right next year.

I'm surprised Mancienne didn't feature more in recent weeks (ditto for Stoch, Sinclair and DiSanto)-I wonder is that because Hiddink wasn't arsed trying out youngsters because he is not going to be around to play them, or maybe he didn't rate them, either way, I would like to see more of these guys-hopefully they will feature heavily in preseason, but I'd have my doubts (who knows what kind of commitments are made to sponsors on the kind of preseason tours we've been on in recent years).

Fact is, unless Chelsea sign players, they probably shouldn't be letting anyone go IMHO-the squad can look thin at times. I'm glad that Ivanovic and Alex got more time this year, I think they showed their worth. I'm not sure of the contract status of the squad-is Carvalho a FA this summer?

• Advertisement

V9 wrote: »
    Essiens cup final snaps make it online :D

lookie :)

So that's why he went off early.

One of the rags had Aguero to follow Ancelotti to Chelsea

That is probably a dream, but would be absolutely incredible if true.

Imagine signing Aguero.

Hopefully Kaka follows him :)

One of the rags had Aguero to follow Ancelotti to Chelsea

That is probably a dream, but would be absolutely incredible if true.

Oh I would love it, LOVE IT! Hasn't the Chelsea scouts been tracking him for a while now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Not sure how well he'll get on. I guess it depends on how long it'll take the team to pick up on his ideas. His current grasp of English seems good which is promising.

One thing though, it'll be absolutely fascinating to see how his wingless diamond formation fares in the EPL.

Scolari's formation was set up in the same way but the onus seemed to be on ultra-attacking fullbacks and a playmaker (Deco) further up the field. Im guessing Ancelotti's approach will be vastly different to that - a somewhat conservative back 4 (maybe a new backup LB?) with 3 hardworking midfielders sitting in front of them (Ballack's recent contract extension perhaps marks him as an important part of Ancelotti's plan for next season) with Lampard having absolute freedom to attack.

Probably not much room for wingers though. Malouda seems quite flexible but I can't see Kalou getting much gametime.

1 top withdrawn striker + young CM + LB would be his priority I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Hopefully that young midfielder will be Moussa Dembele. I think he would be a great signing for us.

saw some guy ****e-ing on about that Edin Džeko is holding a press conference at noon today, the guy thinks he will be announcing a move to Chelsea.

IF its true its brilliant for Chelsea and they did well to keep it quiet, but he could equally be calling the conference to announce he is staying put in my mind.

Also ancelloti is after Pato apparently http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun02j.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

It still bothers me a little ... maybe it's cos i live in bcn ...

incidentally who did other chelsea fans here cheer for in Rome ?

i wanted united to win ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Barca. Would always prefer to get knocked out by the winners.

Carvalho set to leave Chelsea
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/03/ricardo-carvalho-chelsea-transfer

looks like very bad news to me.

Drogba also set to sign 3 year contract - delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

be a real shame to see Lord Percy Carvalho leave, not his fault or chelsea's that he was injured so much, be great if Drogba does sign up , at least then these very scary Adebayor rumours can go away and hopefully the nightmares will end!

Chelsea Turn attention towards Ribery and Villa
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/03/chelsea-ribery-villa-kaka-real-madrid-milan

And Sturridge seems a certainty too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

jackdaw wrote: »
    It still bothers me a little ... maybe it's cos i live in bcn ...

incidentally who did other chelsea fans here cheer for in Rome ?

i wanted united to win ..

I wanted Utd to win - mainly because I had money on them

I really hope there is no truth to the Adebayor rumours comming to Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5364718,00.html

Aston Villa's Ashley Young is among new Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti's top targets, skysports.com understands.

A host of top names have been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge since the arrival of Ancelotti, but Young is believed to be high on the Italian's agenda.

Young enjoyed another fantastic season for Villa last term, being named in the PFA team for a second successive year and also scooping the Young Player of the Year award.

Chelsea have held a long-term interest in Young and they see him as a key addition to their squad as they look to rebuild their ageing side.
    Guus Hiddink is thought to have recommended Chelsea move for Young as the club look to bring in more English talent.

Young has established himself as one of the most exciting players in the Premier League since bursting onto the scene at Watford and he would fit into Chelsea's plans of trying to introduce a brand of more attractive attacking football at Stamford Bridge.

Aston Villa chief Martin O'Neill is a big fan of Young and would be loath to lose the England international, having already seen Gareth Barry leave Villa Park this summer.

However, Villa could find it hard to resist a big money offer for Young, with Chelsea hoping to lure him away with the prospect of UEFA Champions League football.
    hafta say i would love if he came to chelsea. What dya reckon our chances of gettin him are? would he be tempted by the champions league and money or would he stay loyal to villa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

brmccfc wrote: »

hafta say i would love if he came to chelsea. What dya reckon our chances of gettin him are?
    *sigh*
    One one side, Chelsea obviously have the spending power to buy who they like. CL footie + astronomical wages is end of that discussion tbh.
    On the flipside, selling Young would be the single biggest mistake MON & Randy Lerner could do. The job he does in this Villa side can not be replaced like for like, for any amount of money IMHO.

Do I not like this :mad:

Can see Villa making a stand and keeping him, if he went could O'Neill leave too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

CHD wrote: »
    Can see Villa making a stand and keeping him, if he went could O'Neill leave too?
    Eventually, sure. It would be the beginning of the end tbh. No side can replace Laursen, Ashley Young and that other fella all in one go.

Looks like Kun is interested, this would be a fantastic signing, I'd prefer him over Pato, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I'm not sure neither would really get 20 goals a season in the Premier League if you ask me, We need an out and out striker and not another Kezman / Mutu!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

The Times reporting chelsea in for Aguero from Athletico for £45M

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6466142.ece

must admit i'm not overly familiar with him

• Advertisement

growler wrote: »
    The Times reporting chelsea in for Aguero from Athletico for £45M

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6466142.ece

must admit i'm not overly familiar with him

He is a hero of a player 21, small silky argentinian (messi anyone?)

but honestly he would be great, he has had a good few years at the highest level at athleti now. Signed for 23 million, and basicaly filled Torres' boots nicely when he left, to the extent that the team improved following his departure and seems to score all their important champions league goals which is a good sign.

He plays alongside teves and messi as the front 3 for argentina under the guidance of his father-in-law and manager Diego Maradona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

and he's a Liverpool fan ;)

Mr Alan wrote: »
    and he's a Liverpool fan ;)
    Might finish his career there then ;)

So what team do ye want next year?
    Assuming we buy aguero, or a similar styled player
    if we lose carvalho replace him with b.alves

1st string
    ............................Cech.....................
    Boswingwa....Carvalho......Terry....A.Cole.
    ......................Essien........................
    ...J.Cole...................................Malouda
    .....................Lampard.........................
    .............Drogba........Aguero.................

2nd string

......................Hilario...........................
    Mancienne.......Ivanovic.....Alex.......new r.b
    ......................Mikel.....Ballack...................
    .Anelka.........................................Kalou
    .........................Deco..........................
    .......................Di Santo........................

Subs unused: Beletti, Stoch, Ferreira, Pizarro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

................................cech..............................
    bosingwa.............terry.............bruno alves..............a cole
    ................................essien.................................
    joe cole .............................................................young/malouda/
    ...............................lampard...................................................
    .....................anelka......................aguero/pato/villa................

drogba out

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

is Zhirkov signing for Chelsea or not?

i see he isnt in any of the above teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Deco wants to leave, not bothered.

After his first game against Portsmouth he was either Crap or Injured or Crap and Injured.

Whoever we buy this year, it would be nice if they had a few less miles on the clock than a few of our more recent purchases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

I see there have been some rumours about Chelsea signing big players ... but as usual ... all talk ...

we'll probably end up getting Kenwyne Jones...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

jackdaw wrote: »
    I see there have been some rumours about Chelsea signing big players ... but as usual ... all talk ...

we'll probably end up getting Kenwyne Jones...
    Ancelotti was quoted as saying the team needed an upgrade well before he took over so I don't think he'd have been happy to join unless funds were available. I see Bayern are looking for Boswinga - hopefully this is the opening gambit of a bid for Ribery. We need a top class (Torres class) striker too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement