Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Irish-only reason i posted here was because you seemed to think the idea of Chelseas defence was the best in Europe was laughable, i was just pointing out it wasn't laughable or worthy of a silly smiley face in response from you. my point about Alex being favoured (if he indeed was) was that it was hardly drawing gasps of shock from Chelsea fans or neutrals because of how well Alex & the Chelsea defence were doing.

apart from that i couldn't really give a ****e about this topic.

Fullbacks were definately the best pair in Europe last year imo, and their CB foursome of Terry,Carvalho,Alex & Ivanovic is deadly....you offered nothing as a rebuttal to them being the best around other than a silly smiley face.

anyway, i'll bow out of this conversation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i was of the impression Carvalho was fit a lot since Jan and featured very little? hence the reason he wants to leave? if i'm wrong, apologies.
    No, he wants to leave because he believes the club showed a lack of support to him during his injuries. He started 11 games all year and was substitute just once. Didn't even make the bench for any other games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Pato reassures the Rossaneri faithful that he will stay with them for life - balls
    also
    some random transfer guru claims ibra and maicon will not be leaving inter for real
    http://goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/06/24/1344814/miniscule-chance-of-ibrahimovic-or-maicon-moving-to-real

I hate all this to-ing and fro-in

wish more would happen fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Tevez considering 3 offers from us city and an unamed club. I think Tevez is a good player but I don't think he's the answer, he's hard working but am I the only one who doesn't rate him as highly?

I think we should go all out for Aguero this kid is special.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I rate Tevez highly tbh. Sign up him AND Kun and I'll be jizzing zee pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

tevez is quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Two problems with chelsea signing tevez and kun:

1. I think chelseas big spending days are over.
    2. Buying tevez and kun, what would you do with both those strikers, theyre both quality players, even being a united fan i rate drogba a lot higher than tevez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

I am fuming about this Essien nonsense his agent has come out with, saying he would listen to a big offer from a big club, it has been taken up on most news sites.

Is he due a new contract and hopefully his agent is looking for more money?
    or is there much doubt that this could happen,
    it would seriously seriously ruin our summer.

This is bull to be honest and is only his agent angling for more money. He signed an improved contract last summer 'til 2013 and whether or not any of these so called clubs make an enquiry (and that's all they can do while he is under contract to CFC) Chelsea will not sell him under any circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Still no decent signings ... now with Villa going to Barça ... game over ...

Barça for another treble next season ....

football is dead...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

jackdaw wrote: »
    Still no decent signings ... now with Villa going to Barça ... game over ...

Barça for another treble next season ....

football is dead...

Has the Villa move been confirmed ?

no but Its going to happen I'm pretty sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Away Jersey

193.jpg
    As i type this in our old neon yellow jersey i dont think i need two of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

the new away jersey doesnt look too bad to me.
    my last jersey to buy was the away 08/09 black one, think ill get a bit more wear out of it before buying another one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I looks like a cheap knock off of an old inter jersey...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

The new away jersey is lovely I think. the picture that soby posted up i've no idea what jersey that is but its horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

maybe the light on the camera or in that room is making the white on the jersey yellowish cos seriously a yellow crest wtf! horrible if thats how it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

maybe the light on the camera or in that room is making the white on the jersey yellowish cos seriously a yellow crest wtf! horrible if thats how it is

That is the new away jersey for next season and out on 23rd July, it can be prebooked now at online megastore.

prd_maxzoom_cfc-59972.jpg

I am not too sure what to make of it yet until I see it in the flesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Mad Dog wrote: »
    That is the new away jersey for next season and out on 23rd July, it can be prebooked now at online megastore.

prd_maxzoom_cfc-59972.jpg

I am not too sure what to make of it yet until I see it in the flesh.

loos like a rugby jersey!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

in that case its feckin horrible imo the yellow instead of white ruins it

they wore the new jersey at the end of last season. also the 2 jerseys above are different so i wouldnt count on it being the same.

• Advertisement

SOLD! Thank you sir! I'll have 2!

My bad the jersey i posted is wrong..2nd one is the correct one..Found on the chelsea website..looks a bit better when you see the whole kit

I have to say I was under the impression the white one that popped up a while ago was the away one, Ho hum, Essien 5 is goin on the back of that shirt anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I like it , far better than the old one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

I'll have me one of them, I like it. I even like the yellow instead of white. I can see it being a jersey people love or hate though

V9 wrote: »
    Essien 5 is goin on the back of that shirt anyway.
    Definitely

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I think the away one looks class actually. Will definitely be getting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Here's how that jersey would look with white instead of yellow, prefer the yellow tbh

prdmaxzoomcfc59972.th.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

That new away jersey isn't bad, better design than the home one IMHO.

Anyway, no away jersey will ever beat this beaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The new away kit looks a bit QPRish IMHO, not that I have anything against our little west London neighbours.

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/c/chelsea/old-chelsea-football-shirts-t7.html has some classics. I loved the Le coq sportif 81 -82 shirt but that was probably because It was my first ever shirt, still have it, its tiny!

The days of Pates, Bumstead et al. Happy, underachieving days.

• Advertisement

get back autoglass! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

P.S. if anyone wants a 2009/10 (new) home shirt in XL, drop me a PM. The wife got me one from a site mentioned on here (it's not real, but it is a very good fake), drop me a PM. I'm not a fan of the design and it's not a great fit.

The fact that we are discussing the poxy jerseys and not the massive signings of Sturridge and Turnbull shows what a joke CFC are becoming ...

That Jersey is ****e, it looks like the logo has been coloured in with a yellow highlighter marker

What are your thoughts on the three signings Jackdaw (zhirkov too)

Not the big name signings i was hoping for ...

i suppose there is still time ... but with Barça signing the likes of Villa ...
    and Madrid with Kaka and Ronaldo ...

how can we compete in Europe ?

jackdaw wrote: »
    The fact that we are discussing the poxy jerseys and not the massive signings of Sturridge and Turnbull shows what a joke CFC are becoming ...

Your are either very young or have a very short memory. Chelsea finishing in the top four every year and winning silverware (ANY silverware) almost every year is so far away from what a joke Chelsea used to be.

Ken Bates used to make up trophies we had a chance to win, my first trip to Wembley was the Full Members Cup Final against Man City, then the Zenith Data Systems Cup against Mboro, and Cross Channel Cup anyone?

A joke because we aren't paying a quarter of a million pounds a week for a player now? Good. I only wish we didn't pay the stupid wages for half a dozen of the players we have on the books now.

You're right ...

other boards members will know ... im actually 31 and have been a chelsea fan since '97 !!!

im serious ...

But i LOVE to moan about my team ...

hehe!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Your are either very young or have a very short memory.

Amateur mistake. Anyone worth their salt around these parts knows to ignore jackdaw...

iregk wrote: »
    Amateur mistake. Anyone worth their salt around these parts knows to ignore jackdaw...

I will consider it a lesson learnt. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

iregk wrote: »

tis true!:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Well hopefully the Zhirkov signing will go through tommorow. I have to admit I don't know too much about him apart from the European Chapionships. He did look like a quality player during them though. Whether he will continue those performances in the premier league on a consistent basis is another thing.

Having competition for Malouda can be no bad thing though. I still feel we need to sign a right sided player too though but I can't actually think of anyone suitable.

Has anyone seen Zhirkov play on a regular basis for CSKA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

who is there left to sign. quality players come at a price only 1 left is ribery and can you see him sign for chelsea when no one else is . im 43 chelsea fan since i was 6 .16 year old daughter called chelsea. i remember the bad days now we have the good days people are still moaning. The one thing which killed chelsea was getting rid of JOSE. we would be champions of europe twice premiership 4 times if he was still there.And the difference between chelsea and man city is chelsea had quality players before the money arrived .Man city are **** and always will be no matter who they sign anyone who thinks they will be title contenders next season is off there head. chelsea even if they sign nobody will still be up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Tell me your daughter supports Man Utd :D
    paulcorr wrote: »
    who is there left to sign. quality players come at a price only 1 left is ribery and can you see him sign for chelsea when no one else is . im 43 chelsea fan since i was 6 .16 year old daughter called chelsea. i remember the bad days now we have the good days people are still moaning. The one thing which killed chelsea was getting rid of JOSE. we would be champions of europe twice premiership 4 times if he was still there.And the difference between chelsea and man city is chelsea had quality players before the money arrived .Man city are **** and always will be no matter who they sign anyone who thinks they will be title contenders next season is off there head. chelsea even if they sign nobody will still be up there

bullpost wrote: »
    Tell me your daughter supports Man Utd :D
    no bloody worse than that LIVERPOOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

As soon as she's 18 show her the door :eek:
    paulcorr wrote: »
    no bloody worse than that LIVERPOOL

• Advertisement

Your brain washing has obviously let you down. When we were young my brother had 4 years of trying to be an Arsenal fan, despite my dads best attempts at CIAesque behaviour.

My Dad's trump card in eventually persuading my brother about the error of his ways?

Taking him to a home game at Highbury. 0 - 0 the final score.

Your brain washing has obviously let you down. When we were young my brother had 4 years of trying to be an Arsenal fan, despite my dads best attempts at CIAesque behaviour.

My Dad's trump card in eventually persuading my brother about the error of his ways?

Taking him to a home game at Highbury. 0 - 0 the final score.
    i just showed her a clip of phil babb running into the post against us told her that was a new 20 million player they signed and that was his trial match she didnt take the bait at all

what a player how much would he be worth today

Class, in every sense. Upsetting West Ham have his and Clarkeys Talents. Oh well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement