Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Hopefully to return to their spiritual home some day soon.
    dooferoaks wrote: »
    Class, in every sense. Upsetting West Ham have his and Clarkeys Talents. Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

jackdaw wrote: »
    The fact that we are discussing the poxy jerseys and not the massive signings of Sturridge and Turnbull shows what a joke CFC are becoming ...

Strange thing to say about a club as consistent as Chelsea the last few years.

how can we compete in Europe ?

We will have the majority of the same team as last year that came so close in the champions league, that last minute goal by Iniesta will haunt us(ME) though for a while and might make the team more determined for it not to happen again this year. When everybody keeps talking about Madrid buying this player and that player and how they are going to dominate and even Barca buying Villa, come back to me whan either of them buys a back 4 and then I might have the same opinion but I doubt it. They won't win CL unless they get a defense.

Zhirkov is an excellent player and Turnbull is a young keeper who will keep Petr Cech on his toes and may even get a few games too to improve. As for Sturridge, he is a player we were chasing before he went to City and is a real talent and will also get better as he gets older and who better to learn from than Drogs.

dooferoaks wrote: »

Upsetting West Ham have his and Clarkeys Talents. Oh well.

Would have been a strange move for Chelsea to take a chance on Zola as he had been untested at the top level and Clarkey was never going to get top job while he was at Chelsea so it made sense for him to move. I wished them both well at the time and would love to see Zola back one day too but lets see how he does at West Ham first.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Mad Dog wrote: »
    Strange thing to say about a club as consistent as Chelsea the last few years.

We will have the majority of the same team as last year that came so close in the champions league, that last minute goal by Iniesta will haunt us(ME) though for a while and might make the team more determined for it not to happen again this year. When everybody keeps talking about Madrid buying this player and that player and how they are going to dominate and even Barca buying Villa, come back to me whan either of them buys a back 4 and then I might have the same opinion but I doubt it. They won't win CL unless they get a defense.

Zhirkov is an excellent player and Turnbull is a young keeper who will keep Petr Cech on his toes and may even get a few games too to improve. As for Sturridge, he is a player we were chasing before he went to City and is a real talent and will also get better as he gets older and who better to learn from than Drogs.

i agree with your whole arguemnet here but the bit in bold.... didnt Barca just win the CL a month ago :confused:

plus isnt it common knowledge that you should ignore Jackdaw

i agree with your whole arguemnet here but the bit in bold.... didnt Barca just win the CL a month ago :confused:

plus isnt it common knowledge that you should ignore Jackdaw

Sorry, I was trying to make point about Madrid not winnning CL without defense and agreed on the ignoring ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

less of the me bashing please ... .

Chelsea need to sign a class player like Belamy to get the "kick" we need to win the CL ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Chelsea need to sign a class player like Belamy to get the "kick" we need to win the CL ..

That is your funniest one yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

less of the me bashing please ... .

69623_1.jpg

I don't think David Bellamy will offer us anything, except a nice insight into the habitat of the lesser spotted tree frog.

Oh, and Ross Turnbull has just signed his four year contract, and Hilario has extended his for two years.

Yeah and Zhirkov and Sturridge to follow in next few days, also hear on the grapevine that Carlo is still in Milan trying to tie up a deal for Pato.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

City have bidded for John Terry.

We said no immidiately and made this public.
    City have been going about their business carefully lately, I couldn't see them making a bid if there was nothing in it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I sure a lot of people will disagree with me on this but i think carvalho was a far better player than terry then when scolari came he was out of flavour because scolari and alex have a history! i honestly think that if i was to choose either carvalho or terry to go i'd chose terry, he might be the captain but still i think terry makes more decisions than the manager sometimes!

I sure a lot of people will disagree with me on this but i think carvalho was a far better player than terry then when scolari came he was out of flavour because scolari and alex have a history! i honestly think that if i was to choose either carvalho or terry to go i'd chose terry, he might be the captain but still i think terry makes more decisions than the manager sometimes!

Welcome.

I am assuming you meant to put Carvalho there not Terry.
    yes I think it is widely agreed here that Carvalho is the better player, or certainly was last year, there is a chance his injuries tis year have had an adverse affect on him.

Welcome.

I am assuming you meant to put Carvalho there not Terry.
    yes I think it is widely agreed here that Carvalho is the better player, or certainly was last year, there is a chance his injuries tis year have had an adverse affect on him.

Nope i do rate terry as a player but a can't help but feel he has already hit his peak 2 seasons ago, i know heis young, but i think some of his decisions are terrible of late, Carvalho is a solid only one small problem is that he is a bit too dirty every corner than comes in i think penalty cos carvalho is pulling the shirt of someone.

anyway my point is if i had to choose one to get rid of i think i'd let terry go, i'd love to have seen what city offered !!!

oh my apologies I read it as If I had to pick one.
    not If I had to pick one to go, or leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

I think its madness to talk about terry leaving were not signing any big names and now we want to get rid of our best players. Ashley cole has turned down a new contract so thats him on his way we have signed 2 nobodys who have done nothing to set the football world on fire so things look gloomy in my opinion if were going to start looking at off loading our best and buying sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

paulcorr wrote: »
    I think its madness to talk about terry leaving were not signing any big names and now we want to get rid of our best players. Ashley cole has turned down a new contract so thats him on his way we have signed 2 nobodys who have done nothing to set the football world on fire so things look gloomy in my opinion if were going to start looking at off loading our best and buying sh1t.

Oh you have little faith, the whole thing with Cole is just negotiations it happened with Lampard did he leave? Sturridge is going to be one for the future and Turnbull is back up, and also Zhircov set to sign this weekend, he can play wing or left back which is a bonus.
    There will be one more or 2 I reckon coming in. Keep the faith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Looks like Zhirkov will be unveiled with Ancelotti tomorrow

Zhirkov flies in for medical

thats great news, I just hope its as cover for the left flank rather than to replace an ashley cole bound real (tabloid rumours)

• Advertisement

Zhirkov is a fantastic signing, I firmly believe Chelsea have bought themselves a true talented gem here. He'll have ousted Malouda on the left flank in no time, and I do know how good a season he had last year. This time next summer I think he'll be regarded as one of the best left sided players around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Malouda and Cole were great last year though. I certainly hope it's not a Cech Cudicini situation and the new guy is not instantly put into the first XI

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Malouda and Cole were great last year though. I certainly hope it's not a Cech Cudicini situation and the new guy is not instantly put into the first XI
    Doubtful tbh, but you've a new manager, he'll obviously favour players he's bought over the old ones. I think between Cole and Malouda, Cole is guarenteed his spot 'cos he was phenomenal last year.

Cudicini was the best keeper in the Premiership the year we bought Cech but Cech was played to justify the money

Cudicini was the best keeper in the Premiership the year we bought Cech but Cech was played to justify the money
    Was that Ranieri's final year, this great season Cudicini had?

Ancelotti will be the kind of guy to give everyone a chance, but it'll be before long when Zhirkov breaks through IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

What do people think about this Terry bid?

For £45M we should seriously consider this.

I mean, as much as I love JT, he's not the player he was 2-3 years ago. He has made a number of errors this season which have cost us goals, and has gotten away with a few more too.
    He's not the goal-scoring threat from set-pieces he was once anymore either...

If we can line up a top top replacement, for a decent price, we should accept it. At the same time, I would be sad to see him go. I think he and Lamps are the only pre-Abramovich era players left. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Blue army what are you thinking he's your captain, a true chelsea man through and through and ye dont need the money tbh

Yeah but he's not that much better than Alex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I don't ever say this but, LOL.

1 bad season and some fans want him gone ? Madness

If Chelsea sell Terry to City they might aswell sell Man City their CL spot too

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Blue army what are you thinking he's your captain, a true chelsea man through and through and ye dont need the money tbh
    Abramovich doesn't have the money he once had. If he did we would've won the league at least once in the last 3 years!!!

Terry's 29. £45M for a 29 year old is unbelievable, no matter how good he is. Add to that the fact he hasn't been as good in the last few years...
    It would be stupid to not at least consider this!
    I think Ivanovic will become a big player for us. Alex is an able replacement too. We also have Mancienne/Cork ready to break through.

I dont want Terry to leave at all, but I think £45M would buy an excellent replacement.
    No JT alright, but a decent replacement.
    JPA wrote: »
    I don't ever say this but, LOL.
    :confused: There are very few better defenders in the Premier League!

its more a symbolic thing, Chelsea are no longer the richest club in the premiership Man City took that. Now despite the fact that Chelsea dont need the money you think you should let them take your captain and talisman! might aswell just conceed that Man City will bypass Chelsea if thats the case.

yes be shrewd with money but no dont sell Terry to City, although i doubt hed want to move himself anyway unless he is just really annoyed the bid was accepted its not like hes on small wages and would need the extra they would offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Players aren't robots.
    Terry's influence is more than just his ability, he's the captain, a proper captain.
    Even contemplating selling is madness.
    Chelsea are weaker without Terry, a lot weaker. And with carvalho leaving as well, it would simply be insanity and Chelsea would suffer highly.
    Just my opinion.

Carlo:john will be chelsea captain forever and is not for sale at any price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

John terry staying will be better than any new signing we make. JT is chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Proper order , he should not be sold at any price . Its not like Chelsea need the money. He is a great Captain for the team .The thought of him in a city jersey makes me laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

that is the only nice chelsea top this year, was a bit disapointed always had at least a decent home top this years will make most people who wear it look like they are wearing bra's (me included, lol).

Anyways on the Terry thing this has a similar ring to the the rolaldo real thing man-u refusing point, but if city offer much more i'd say he'd go. Its simple money talks, with terry staying awfull quiet on this i don't feel to confident, for 390k a week would you not put a transfer request in, CL or no CL? I honeslty think take the money, i feel terry will only get worse as a player in the next few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

its not like chelsea need the money so selling our talismanic captain to city would be daft, although as kenyon is dead keen on running cfc like a proper football club it does make business sense to get £45M for a 29 year old.

Would hate to see him go but could understand the business rationale for it should it happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I think 45 million would be a good price for JT. It would definitely be up to him to put in a transfer request. If he did, I would sell him.

I think Man City are offering 300,000 a week or something stupid, his head may been turned by that.

I am not convinced there is any loyalty to a club these days, even though Terry has been with the club for years.

Before he signed his last contract he insisted he was top paid player at the club until he was 35, with a limitless parity clause. Fine this year and probably next, but huge waste of money as his form inevitably declines.

I don't particularly like Peter Kenyon, but there does have to come a time when they REALLY try and balance the books and not just pay lip service to it as they have for the last couple of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

not too impressed with out summer signings so far!!

i know turnbull is 3rd choice, sturridge might get some carling cup play but zhirkov was unheard of before euro 2008 much like arshavin, lets just hope he turns out the same!!

i just get the feeling were not able to attract the same type of player as 2-3 years ago, i know real have basically thrown the market into chaos but noones coming out in the press saying how much they'd love to play for a club like chelsea anymore...!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I would sell any player in the first XI (other than Essien :)) if the price was right (and the money was available to spend on better players). But unless JT actually says he wants to leave, I don't see Man City offering enough money to tempt Chelsea to sell him. While I am a fan of both Alex and Ivanovic, I don't think it would be a good idea going into next season with them as our starting CBs (I dunno what is the story with Carvalho-is he going or is he likely to stay fit for an entire season?)-especially when Chelsea should be challenging for the League and Champions League. You would like to think that Mancienne is going to replace Terry in the next few years, but I haven't seen enough of the guy to know if he is any good.

Glad to see the Zhirkov, Sturridge and Turnbull signings confirmed at last. Can't say I've seen enough of any of them to say that they will make a difference to the team. We put 7 past Turnbull last season......

LanceStorm wrote: »
    not too impressed with out summer signings so far!!
    Ancelotti only officially took over today, I'd doubt he had any say in the 3 signings we made so far.
    I'd expect us to make a few big signings in the next couple of weeks.

Not the year to be bringing in anyone that's not from Real. They've just made everything to expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I'd love it if I woke up in the morning and heard we signed Aguero, that would be the greatest birthday pressie ever!

No chance of that happening tho, is there? :(

We've been linked with Sneijder from Real Madrid today...

What do people think? I don't think we need him tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

blue-army wrote: »
    We've been linked with Sneijder from Real Madrid today...

What do people think? I don't think we need him tbh.

Don't see where he would fit in the Chelsea team - would be in competition positionally with Lampard, Ballack and Deco, surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Don't see where he would fit in the Chelsea team - would be in competition positionally with Lampard, Ballack and Deco, surely?

Well Deco is pretty much gone so that leaves Lampard and Ballack. Sneijder can play out wide, not in your typical winger format but more of a Seedorf role and thats exactly the way Carlo plays. He may be a useful signing.

On another note I think Joe Cole could be a super player this season. Providing he is over his injury ok he is the type of player than Ancelotti likes and I think he could see a lot of the pitch in the coming season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

blue-army wrote: »
    Ancelotti only officially took over today, I'd doubt he had any say in the 3 signings we made so far.
    I'd expect us to make a few big signings in the next couple of weeks.

he took over on the 1st of July, im sure they had him on the phone unofficially before that to look into certain signings!! sure half the huge signings of the summer would have happened before he started work so im sure he gave them his targets to go get em!!

counts double for me about the aguero signing, that's make my summer, just the type of player ive always wanted playing for us!! bring him in carlo!!

• Advertisement

Why is it only 3 yr contract for zhirkov ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement