Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Fairly standard i'd have thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

maybe, wouldnt have minded seeing a bit more of stoch and sahar this season though.blood in some fresh talent and all that.

Stoch is young and Sahar is crap. Theres sweet feck all promising talent at Chelsea at the moment. Hopefully Di Santo and Mancienne can become something decent. Sturridge has potential too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

CHD wrote: »
    Stoch is young and Sahar is crap. Theres sweet feck all promising talent at Chelsea at the moment. Hopefully Di Santo and Mancienne can become something decent. Sturridge has potential too.

Gael Kakuta is a real prospect, as is Frank Nouble if we can hold on to him. And Stoch has looked really good any time I've seen him. I guess his loan spell will give a better indication of just how good he is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

blue-army wrote: »
    I see we're playing Milan in pre season in USA. Kenyon's gone with the team. I wonder will a deal for Pato be done over there? Wouldn't be surprised... He said we'll sign one big name, and maybe a couple more squad players.

You won't get Pato.

Pirlo, maybe, for insane money, but you won't get Pato.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Sahar is at Espanyol now, never been much of a team for bringing through the youth anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I'd say the amount of traffic on this thread will be bloody mental coming up to the 7pm kick-off of the game against seattle later

I will be here anyway, looking for score updates, as my internet connection is too Sh*t for online viewing and I don't have Chelsea TV :mad:

Is it freeview today? Might be, was yesterday. I should go look but im not bothered :)

• Advertisement

Its free at the mo, cheers. I get to see the academy live and carlo interview live, but I imagine I am going to get the blue screen Fcuk off when the game is on.

Yeah probably just to tease people to get subscriptions, Its cheap enough though, worth it imo.

Playin 4-4-2, Sturridge starting and Deco is holding the midfield. WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

team for tonight:

Cech
    Terry
    Alex
    Bos
    Cole
    Deco
    Malouda
    Ballack
    Lamps
    Sturridge
    Anelka

Zhirkov joining the tour at a later stage.

Goooooooooooooooal

Sturridge on his debut.

how are you watching it dude?
    any streams?

• Advertisement

Chelsea TV, should be streams out there if you google, ESPN are showing it too afaik in US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Deco looking very impressive.

how are you watching it dude?
    any streams?
    http://www.sportlive.ilive.ro/tv/sportro_flash.html There ya go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

selpher wrote: »
    Deco looking very impressive.

He looked great last year as well this time last year. Then he disappeared when the weather got cold and didn't resurface until the season was over.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

is it just me or is the pitch very sparkly?

• Advertisement

That one reeked of quality.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    is it just me or is the pitch very sparkly?
    They let off alot of party poppers to celebrate how lucky they are getting to grace the same pitch as Chelsea.

Theres tickertape everywhere basically.

You are a gent.

Thanks for link, but as previously stated my net connection is carp, looks like I'm watching a really bad zoetrope where the picture updates every minute or so!

At least I can see score is 2 - 0, can anyone tell me who scored?

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Thanks for link, but as previously stated my net connection is carp, looks like I'm watching a really bad zoetrope where the picture updates every minute or so!

At least I can see score is 2 - 0, can anyone tell me who scored?
    Sturridge and Lampard.

1st was a neat little finish to the bottom corner when he cut back inside.

2nd was some great passing from few players cant remember who cos im too tired, Anelka pulled it back and Lamps basically had a tap in. I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

is it really, really, really laggy for anyone else? cutting out every 2 seconds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

yeh I found a much better one. thx

Great move by seattle there. Should've scored. Quick passing and moving still trouble chelsea slow centre halves.

whos at centre half then?

2nd half team is Hilario (who is having an absolute mare)
    Belletti, Carvalho, Ivanovic, Hutchinson, Mikel, Lampard, Sinclai
    , Di Santo, Sheva and Pizzaro

• Advertisement

Think Turnball is going to be a better bet as sub/carling cup keeper.

Wouldnt be hard based on todays showing.

Guy was blessed not to concede. Came for several crosses and missed, with a header going inches wide of the open goal. Also, took too long on a back pass and kicked it straight at the seattle striker.....could've gone anywhere.

Any doubts as to whether he was any good are settled now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

where was drogba last nigt?

also what do you think of sturridge chances of starting against hull? i didnt see the match,did he have a good game??

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/19/seattle-sounders-chelsea-carlo-ancelotti

according to the guardian he was the shining light in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

For anyone who saw the game-how did our returning forgotten men (Pizarro + Shevchenko) do?

How about John Terry-did he seem like he was focused?

What about Mancienne-is he in the sqaud for the tour or has he gone on loan?

Good to see Sturridge scoring-he said in an interview with Chelseafc.com that he could do better-which is encouraging I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Kirby wrote: »
    Guy was blessed not to concede. Came for several crosses and missed, with a header going inches wide of the open goal. Also, took too long on a back pass and kicked it straight at the seattle striker.....could've gone anywhere.

Any doubts as to whether he was any good are settled now.
    Bit harsh to judge the kid based on a pre season friendly surely?

Eh, it was the first game back in pre season, wouldn't go judging anybody just yet.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2985694/

highlights there, and wow Sturridge really impressed me, and I was a fanboy before he moved to us.

Pizarro scored 17 goals in 26 bremen games last year, are we going to give him another chance?
    Do ye think Ancelotti is going to give them both time to impress before loaning out again?

#(both being him and Shev)

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Bit harsh to judge the kid based on a pre season friendly surely?

Obviously its harsh to judge on one game. But every time I see him, he is shaky as hell. Doesn't inspire confidence at all.

I was a goalie as a kid and its different from outfield players where its hard to judge a player without giving them a season to adjust. You can usually tell really quickly if a goalie has it by his movement and handling. Hilario doesn't even have the fundamentals down. Looks like Turnbull will be the number 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Redsoxfan wrote: »

What about Mancienne-is he in the sqaud for the tour or has he gone on loan?
    Extra time off due to under 21 euro champs maybe?

Soby wrote: »
    Extra time off due to under 21 euro champs maybe?
    He's there and was rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Number Nine

It is hard to belive that I am sitting here wondering if JT is going to leave Chelsea .At this stage for the last few years the consern has been about Drogba .
    There has been JT no interview on Chelsea tv , which is very strange as he is our captain.
    It time John came out and said what's the story is and its time Sparkle went back to his sheep . :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

How do you guys think Zhirkov will do this season? I am unsure whether to pick him for my fantasy football team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Nobody in ireland watches the Russian league so a stab in the dark is the best you could hope for. Doubt he'll start until either Malouda or Cole **** up though

• Advertisement

I give it 2 weeks til he ousts Malouda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

In all fairness, you can't have seen that much of him and Malouda was the best player for the last 15 games last season while Cole was the best left back in the Premiership. I'd be very dissapointed if his form wasn't rewarded

He does deserve to keep his place, just will take him 2 weeks to lose it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

He does deserve to keep his place, just will take him 2 weeks to lose it.

He does deserve it, but I've seen a lot more bad than good from him so I don't see why Zhirkov couldn't take his place, I would however love to see Malouda keep up the form of late last season.

No fear of him taking Coles place, he was phenomenal at LB last year.

He signed a new contract.

It has been confirmed that a new three-year contract previously agreed with Florent Malouda has been signed.

The player who had one year left on his previous deal is now committed to Chelsea until 2012.

'We agreed during my holidays and I have signed now I've come back,' explained Malouda.

'I am really happy because it shows a mutual trust between the club and myself and for me it is just the beginning of the story.

'The last six months especially I was feeling great, plus we won a trophy that was really important to me. I feel really good and you can see it on the pitch and I hope we get more trophies.'

The France international sought no reassurances from Carlo Ancelotti before signing but is pleased that he will work under the new manager.

'I was really happy when I heard it was Carlo Ancelotti because I have a lot of respect for him and at my former club Lyon I played many times against Milan. For me it is a really good choice and I believe in him.'

Already Ancelotti asked Malouda to alter his game a little in the match in Seattle by playing him tucked inside on the left of midfield.

'This year he wants to try the new system with a diamond so I have to adapt myself and that is why we are training really hard to do what the manager wants. It is a different role for me but that is part of my game, I can play in many positions, and I have played it a few times in Lyon when there were injuries and in the France national team I have played many times this position.'

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement