Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

smuckers wrote: »
    There is no need for Pirlo especially with Mikel signing a 5 year deal. Ancellotti seems to want him though, he doesn't really add anything extra.

Surely his long range passing is far superior to mikels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

possibly, but fear he could struggle as you get more time on the ball in Italy.
    If it is him , then that will probably be the "marquee signing" that Buck referred to even tho I hoped that it would be Pato/Aguero.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Pirlo would be a terrible signing. Adding another ageing midfielder into the squad is the last thing we need. Perhaps Mikels long range passing isn't quite up to Pirilo's yet, but I think this will be his best year yet.

We could really do with getting someone to eventually replace Lampard. Dzakoev would be ideal. Big fan of Chelsea and Lampard by all accounts. Maybe next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Cole is going to take Lamps' position by the end of the year, mark my words. Man is a perfect number 10 forced to play on the wings because English football doesn't use that role. Italian manager will notice this. Richardson wrote a great article about it a few years ago

Perhaps eventually when Lamps' legs go, but as long as he can do what he has done with stunning consistency throughpout his Chelsea career, theres no chance in hell of anyone taking his place in the team.

Pirlo, as someone else said is similar to Veron, or indeed Riquelme, a fantastic player, but just not suited to the English game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

flahavaj wrote: »
    Perhaps eventually when Lamps' legs go, but as long as he can do what he has done with stunning consistency throughpout his Chelsea career, theres no chance in hell of anyone taking his place in the team.

I just don't think Lampard is anywhere near suited to the position as well as Cole. Obviously it seems unlikely but I think Cole will flourish at the head of a diamond

I just don't think Lampard is anywhere near suited to the position as well as Cole. Obviously it seems unlikely but I think Cole will flourish at the head of a diamond

Thinking about it now, would it be better to have Mikel at the base, Cole pulling the strings at the apex and Essien and Lampard bombing up and down on either side of them? That gives you pretty much everything you could want in a midfield

flahavaj wrote: »
    Thinking about it now, would it be better to have Mikel at the base, Cole pulling the strings at the apex and Essien and Lampard bombing up and down on either side of them? That gives you pretty much everything you could want in a midfield

It'd be a waste of Malouda and Zhirkov. I think Lamps may end up on the right though

It'd be a waste of Malouda and Zhirkov. I think Lamps may end up on the right though

Aren't they more wingers/widemen than midfielders? If you're playing a diamond those four would have to be first choice, Malouda/Zhirkov squad players, no?

Diamond was two wingers, don't see the problem. Malouda is definitely better in his position than Mikel though, probably Zhirkov as well but I've barely seen him

• Advertisement

Diamond was two wingers, don't see the problem. Malouda is definitely better in his position than Mikel though, probably Zhirkov as well but I've barely seen him

You're hardly going to leave Essien and Lampard out? I'd have said the diamond had no wingers, but 2 tucked in midfielders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Our new third strip. Not as impressive as our mad looking away kit, imo :)

Nice tags btw.

prd_maxzoom_cfc-60046.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Away kits are nice, pity about the crappy home shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Picked up the new Away kit last weekend-have to say that I like it. Shame about the home shirt-first time in years I won't have one. Like the 3rd kit as well.

Got an e-mail yesterday say that Hull tickets were still available for the 15th-pity flights are too bloody expensive at this stage to make it worthwhile :(.

I've booked flights to London for November (Wolves H), January (Sunderland H), and March (Blackburn A)-costs for 2 were €44, €80 and €24, hopefully I get tickets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I know footballers are rich but good luck paying that back:P
    Mutu loses appeal over huge fine

Adrian Mutu must pay Chelsea £14.65m after losing his appeal against a Fifa ruling for a breach of contract.

The striker, who cost the Blues £15m in 2003, was sacked a year later after he tested positive for cocaine and given a seven-month worldwide football ban.

Fifa issued the fine last year but Mutu described it as "inhumane and unjust" and outlined his intention to appeal.

However, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas) has ruled against the 30-year-old, who now plays for Fiorentina.

"The Cas panel concluded that the appeal brought by the player was to be dismissed and the measure of damages, as awarded by Fifa's Dispute Resolution Chamber (DRC), was to be confirmed," said a Cas statement.

"Adrian Mutu must therefore pay 17,173,990 euros to Chelsea FC."

The fine, based on lost earnings, was calculated on the length of time Mutu's contract had left to run, and was the highest ever handed down by Fifa.

After being sacked by Chelsea and serving his ban, the Romanian joined Juventus in January 2005, and at the end of the following season he moved to his current side, Fiorentina.

When Fifa announced its verdict, Chelsea welcomed it, calling it "a very significant decision for football".

The Chelsea statement continued: "Not only did the Dispute Resolution Chamber make us a very significant monetary award, it also recognised the damaging effect incidents involving drugs have on football and the responsibility we all have in this area."

The latest ruling is third time that Cas has been involved in the case.

"In 2005, Cas confirmed the decision of the Football Association Premier League Appeals Committee finding that, because of a positive doping test, Mutu had committed a breach of the employment contract without just cause," added the Cas statement.

"In 2007, Cas set aside a first decision by the DRC denying jurisdiction and referred the matter back to Fifa to determine and impose the appropriate sporting sanction and/or order for compensation arising out of the dispute."

lol he will be cleaning boots at Chelsea 'til he dies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

very slow football news week!!

again we've not really been linked with anyone in particular besides pirlo as usual, who to be honest i really dont want/think we need!!

not a fan of the diamond, my football manager days always brought the same problems, 4 central midfielders playing, no wingers getting a game, very little space and not using the wings and as a result less goals!!

I think he is just getting the team used to the 442 diamond and will play our old formation too at times when needed.

We should try and incorperate the fine into some way of Mutu returning to the club. The man has been consistently fantastic since joining Fiorentina

V9 wrote: »
    Our new third strip. Not as impressive as our mad looking away kit, imo :)

Nice tags btw.

prd_maxzoom_cfc-60046.jpg

The whole kit looks a little, em, crap.

86633.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

i'll be buying it, looks quite nice and i like the neck, cant possibly wear the away jersey out in public!! shocking, why the mad colours on the shoulders!!

still say the home jersey is awesome tho!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Apparently Pirlo has now said he's joining Chelsea.
    Most of us agree he's not needed, this better not be the marquee signing.

And now Man City are supposedly eyeing Alex.

If this does happen which player will suffer the most because of it? Surely two ageing midfielders on the fringe of the team is enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

do you mean deco and ballack?

yep

Got the jersey, i love it now as its great not having that poxy floppy collar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

442 Diamond again today.

Cech
    Ivanovic
    JT
    Carvalho
    A.Cole
    Mikel
    Essien
    Lamps
    Deco
    Droga
    Nico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I'm worried about Chelsea this season, being a Liverpool fan.

- Ancelotti is a top, top class manager.
    - Squad is very strong
    - Zhirkov (and possibly Pirlo) are quality additions

Anyone watching the game - I'd appreciate updates on Zhirkov if he comes on.

And that 3rd jersey is class > Home and away kits.

Looking forward to this game, getting closer to the start of the season.

Want to smash these today.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I'm worried about Chelsea this season, being a Liverpool fan.

- Squad is very strong
    - Zhirkov (and possibly Pirlo) are quality additions

Anyone watching the game - I'd appreciate updates on Zhirkov if he comes on.

And that 3rd jersey is class > Home and away kits.
    He picked up a little knock in training and will probably only play last 30mins maybe come on at HT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

CHD wrote: »
    He picked up a little knock in training and will probably only play last 30mins maybe come on at HT

I see. I think he's an absolute top quality player...

• Advertisement

That he is, will make his name hopefully this season. Should be our best signing we have had in a while. Can't wait to see a EPL winner's medal round his neck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

What do you think will be the starting lineup againt hull?

1-0 down :( We havn't shown up at all.. Bring back wingers!

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

He just isn't

Stacksey wrote: »
    What do you think will be the starting lineup againt hull?
    Cech
    Ivanovic---Terry---Carvalho---Cole
    Mikel
    Essien
    Zhirkov
    Lampard
    Anelka---Drogba

Is my guess

FFS 2 down.

Ancelotti out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

CHD wrote: »
    FFS 2 down.

Ancelotti out!

Is it possible that he will do a Big Phil do you reckon?

I am not basing the question on your post by the way. Just curious.

Finally, where the fook would Pirlo play if he way signed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

On todays first half performance Pirlo would walk into this side. Bos, Alex and malouda on.

• Advertisement

Is it possible that he will do a Big Phil do you reckon?

I am not basing the question on your post by the way. Just curious.

Finally, where the fook would Pirlo play if he way signed?
    Don't think he will do a big Phil. I can see him having to change this diamond BS though, the squad we have could dominate playing our old formation that they know inside out and play very effectively with.

Pirlo will probably sit at the base of the diamond and i really hope we don't sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Sturridge and Belletti on

Sturridge and Belletti on

+ Kalou...I stopped watching at like the 35min then came back at the start of 2nd half i was :eek:

Missed Kalou, I'm watching on some god forsaken eastern european channel, I thought they mentioned him but I wasn't sure if he'd come on at half time - I'd switched over to the Celtic Sunderland game for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I could see the Pirlo signing being very similar to the Deco signing.
    Manager signs a player he knows, plays well, fades badly.

This a sign the manager's not up to english football?Suppose Sunday week will really tell

• Advertisement

2-1 Kalou...At last..90 seconds left

OG 2-2 woooooooo:D:D:D:D

2-2 og

Final score

Ancelotti is a legend

Milan dismiss Pirlo offer.

If they don't want 6.75m plus Pizarro, throw Ballack and Shevchenko into the deal as well. Or, transfer our Mutu debt to them. Or else, forget it, he strikes me as someone who will be ****e in England and his form in Europe will suffer as a result.

Would Pirlo play on the right of a diamond I wonder? Essien and Lampard have to be constants in any first choice XI, so I assume he would have to play on the right (very possible as we don't really have a first choice right-sided player at the moment IMHO), or the left (unlikely as we have both Zhirkov and Malouda). It does seem like a case of Carlo wanting his man though.....

2-2 after being 0-2 down with a minute to play? Sounds like the good old days under Jose!

I think he is going to put Essien on the right

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement