Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Oh yeah he wants Essien on the right where he belongs, so the idea is that Pirlo and Mikel will compete for the DM position, otherwise we are relying on Mikel to stay fit, else the temptation would be too much to play Essien in DM ahead of Beletti/Ballack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Beletti would be brilliant there from time to time imo. More i think about the more i REALLY want to go back to 4-5-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

If Pirlo is coming in then Essien is just going to be his bodyguard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

The Mirror have said thet Spurs have bid 10mil foe Joe Cole. He's worth more and Chelsea won't sell for that, but I hope this doesn't go further and we lose him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

The Mirror have said thet Spurs have bid 10mil foe Joe Cole. He's worth more and Chelsea won't sell for that, but I hope this doesn't go further and we lose him.

id be truely shocked if he went!!

I honestly think when fit joes gonna be in contention/a starter for the right side of midfield or in behind the strikers!!

losing an exciting, still relatively young english footballer would be a damn shame!!

BRING BACK THE JOE-HICON!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I don't like that diamond formation at all, you played something very similar against us the year after we won the CL. It's effective because it crowds the centre of midfield, meaning you can dominate other teams in the middle of the park (which suits you because that's your strongest position), but for it to work you really need fullbacks that are capable of giving your team alot of width, or even a striker like Henry who likes to hug the touchline and come inside to provide balls for the real CL. Can Anelka do that?

I think it'll make you very very tough to beat, especially when you encounter big teams, but I can see it causing a few problems over the course of a 50 game season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

good afternoon all, i suppose its no big news that theres a rumour going round that we are planning on a 100million spending spree for pirlo, ribery and aguero.

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8671_5470137,00.html

think pirlo is unecessery, think we have enough players that could fill his position,also hes getting on a bit age wise.
    ribery and aguero.. interesting but its unlikey to happen i think in all honesty.

thoughts anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

My new site did an article on Yuri Zhirkov..

New Blue Zhirkov will shine

feck, I cant believe ive never youtube'd zhirkov before!!
    the guy has brilliant pace, pin-point passing and a wicked stong shot!!

i always thought he was a left back, feck that, i agree with the great article above, i think he'l be first choice on the left wing!!

Few too many replys of the goal against hamburg in the champions league, but then again what a goal!!

papagormo wrote: »
    good afternoon all, i suppose its no big news that theres a rumour going round that we are planning on a 100million spending spree for pirlo, ribery and aguero.

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8671_5470137,00.html

think pirlo is unecessery, think we have enough players that could fill his position,also hes getting on a bit age wise.
    ribery and aguero.. interesting but its unlikey to happen i think in all honesty.

thoughts anyone?

yeah I pretty much agree Ribery and Aguero would both be amazing, yet would cause a lot of selection headaches and are both too unlikely to worry about at the moment maybe.

I think that if Pirlo is not too expensive he may be a relatively low risk gamble and has the potential to make a difference, but should not cause too much disruption if he does not, so I would not necessarily be against signing him, just not overtly enthused by it either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

more non news than news : chelsea unwilling to sell Joe Cole to Spurs

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03082009/58/premier-league-chelsea-rule-cole-sale.html

would love to see Cole fit for a full season (which already seems unlikely) , should we consider selling him? its not like spurs are going to challenge Chelsea for much this season , despite their results against us last season !

just heard DiSanto is off to blackburn on loan

At least if thats true, we will get to take a good look at him for a bit, should suit both clubs.

At least if thats true, we will get to take a good look at him for a bit, should suit both clubs.

which to be honest is really needed, whenever ive seen him play im really not sure what im supposed to be seeing? No mad pace, decent in the air i guess, but not the best ball control?

wants to be the new messi tho, cant knock him for aiming high!!

good deal for both parties this loan!!

****ty paper linking Kalou to Arsenal again,

surely that could not happen unless we sign a new striker, could it?

Good news that the Di Santo deal is just till January, that way we will be able to call him backforAfrica Cup of Nations where we will be losing Drogba, Mikel, Essien, Kalou

while United lose no-one, liverpool lose no-one and arsenal lose Sagna, Song and eboue,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Good news that the Di Santo deal is just till January, that way we will be able to call him backforAfrica Cup of Nations where we will be losing Drogba, Mikel, Essien, Kalou

while United lose no-one, liverpool lose no-one and arsenal lose Sagna, Song and eboue,

Sagna plays for France. :)
    And Liverpool lose el Zhar.

oops sorry,
    I knew I shouldn't have done it off the top of my head.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Di Santo signed for Blackburn today on loan. Is he any use? On BBC 606, they reckon he's the new Crespo!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Lemlin wrote: »
    Di Santo signed for Blackburn today on loan. Is he any use? On BBC 606, they reckon he's the new Crespo!

Personally I think he is a good player but he needs a run of games in the first team to get his confidence up , They brought him into the first team after a run of 7 goals in 8 games with the reserves last season ,

I really hope he gets the season on loan with Blackburn, it will do him the world of good. They have the option to extend in January.

Chelsea need to make sure that he does come back to the club , too many young players are being allowed to go from the club, the youth will be the backbone of the club in the future, unless the club wants to spend silly money on somewhat proven stars every couple of seasons and that can always go wrong ( a certain Ukrainian !)

Ferguson has the rite idea, he is always has an eye out for the younger players as is the case with this 16yr old that they just got , he may not even be managing the club when this lad steps up to be a first team player but he still has his eye on the future.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »

If I was a Blackburn fan I would be pretty optimistic that he would do well,
    he only got brought on really for chelsea when the chips were down with ten mins to go, and on those occasions understandable dissapointed, us chelsea fans are looking forward really to seeing him get some game time.

He does seem very well considered in south america.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Personally I think he is a good player but he needs a run of games in the first team to get his confidence up , They brought him into the first team after a run of 7 goals in 8 games with the reserves last season ,

I really hope he gets the season on loan with Blackburn, it will do him the world of good. They have the option to extend in January.

Chelsea need to make sure that he does come back to the club , too many young players are being allowed to go from the club, the youth will be the backbone of the club in the future, unless the club wants to spend silly money on somewhat proven stars every couple of seasons and that can always go wrong ( a certain Ukrainian !)

Ferguson has the rite idea, he is always has an eye out for the younger players as is the case with this 16yr old that they just got , he may not even be managing the club when this lad steps up to be a first team player but he still has his eye on the future.

The Liverpool fans said that about Sinama Pongelle when we got him on loan. 8 games returned one goal and he missed some terrible sitters :( Hughes then dropped him to promptly never play him again and send him back off loan early.

Di Santo is 6 ft 5 so I can only imagine the football Sam is planning to play with him up front. I'd say he'll be a target man with Kalinic up front to play off him. That said, I still think Kalinic and Di Santo will start the season as subs and will be used sparingly until they've had a few months to adjust.

Di Santo I'd expect to be thrown on at the end of games for the last half hour to twenty minutes to cause problems. Hopefully he can show his worth and get a good run of games then if he impresses.

We're being linked to Porto's Hulk again, that will be at least a striker gained if we sell Kalou or Pizarro.

There's a link here which discusses how Pirlo would fit in at the base of the diamond as Mikel and Essien would not be as good choices there.

Ballack is looking set to be back for the Community Shield match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

If Ancelotti does not believe that Essien can do anything that is asked of him on a football pitch, he can feck off back to Italy as far as I am concerned.

He (Essien) should be played where he can have the most impact-that's in the centre in my view. Plus, if Ancelotti believes that Pirlo will get the time and space to dictate play in midfield in the Premiership, I fear that it is going to be a steep learning curve for him.

I hope we get to see some of DiSanto at Blackburn. I see that Ben Sahar scored a brace for Espanyol at the weekend.

Did Ancelotti actually say Essien wouldn't be great at something?

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    If Ancelotti does not believe that Essien can do anything that is asked of him on a football pitch, he can feck off back to Italy as far as I am concerned.

In case that question was in my response to my post.

• Advertisement

So he didn't, good. He must just think he will be better at something else. Pretty sure there is nothing Essien couldn't do well.

11 Essiens would have to beat 11 of any other player in the world, rooney wouldn't even come close if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

11 Essiens would have to beat 11 of any other player in the world, rooney wouldn't even come close if you ask me.

Rooney would win easily ;)

better finisher and actually been in goals in the training field sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

If i had each of the 2 players in a one on one situation with the goalie, i'd pick Essien everytime.

Finishing is about the worst aspect Rooneys game.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    If i had each of the 2 players in a one on one situation with the goalie, i'd pick Essien everytime.

i think iv my first Stalker

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

you stalked me first in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

11 Essiens.

elevenessiens, thats the name of my FF team:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mr Alan wrote: »

you may be right - but i would still say he is a better finisher than Essien.

you may be right - but i would still say he is a better finisher than Essien.
    Glad its not Essien's job then.

Essien > Rooney anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CHD wrote: »
    Glad its not Essien's job then.

Essien > Rooney anyway.

whatever, that isn't the point. Alan implies Essien is a better finisher than Rooney. I would argue that is not the case. It doesn't matter what their respective jobs are, or who is better, it is about ONE aspect of their game.

I got that, thats why i'm glad Essien' priority isn't to be a great finisher, i'm just happy Essien is the all round better player :)

right thats a great pointless argument!! lol!!

drogba to sign a new 2 year deal!!
    terry is starting to get his way then, sign up the spine of the team to long term deals!!

saw that athletico will maybe sell aguero for 60mill euros, does anyone here think that were the type of club anymore to splash out so much on one player??

as much as I love the player and would jump at the chance to sign him, i think you could get 6 brilliant young players for all that who could help us spearhead the next wave of chelsea stars!!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

LanceStorm wrote: »
    right thats a great pointless argument!! lol!!

drogba to sign a new 2 year deal!!
    terry is starting to get his way then, sign up the spine of the team to long term deals!!

saw that athletico will maybe sell aguero for 60mill euros, does anyone here think that were the type of club anymore to splash out so much on one player??

as much as I love the player and would jump at the chance to sign him, i think you could get 6 brilliant young players for all that who could help us spearhead the next wave of chelsea stars!!

good point in theory, but any club would struggle to find 6 brilliant young players that would collectively cost less than 60 million in my opinion.

good news for chelsea fans that drogba has signed up, if he starts the season on form then chelsea could go a long way(until the african nations tournament starts of course)

BazBox wrote: »
    good news for chelsea fans that drogba has signed up, if he starts the season on form then chelsea could go a long way(until the african nations tournament starts of course)

In fairness I think were alot more secure to handle the african nations this year, provided the squad doesnt change too much in the next few weeks!!

Drogba will be gone : Anelka can play on his own upfront, maybe back to a 4-3-3. Or else id happily let Pizarro(who earned another chance with his loan season) or sheva(give him another chance, wonderful hair)

Essien will be gone : Cole will hopefully be back by then and can take his place on the right of the diamond, or else ballack slots in there fine.

Mikel will be gone : Ballack and Belletti can both play there, or else give someone like Jack Cork a chance to play.

Kalou will be gone : and noone will miss him!!

are we all gearing up nicely for the community shield match? im looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

drogba signs new 3year contract according to SSN

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Glad Drogba has signed an extension. Even happier that Pirlo won't be coming.
    Pirlo to finish career at Milan

Now I really think we should make a move for Kun

Must me a God so, prayed and prayed for Pirlo to say something like that.

I think we'll make a few offers for Aguero, the Daily ****e is saying £38mil plus Deco which wouldn't actually be too bad, but I'll wait for more reports before listening.

Great that Pirlo's not coming.

Headshot wrote: »
    i think iv my first Stalker

:D

you claimed I was your first stalker last month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Another vote for "kind of relieved that it looks like Pirlo won't be coming".

I honestly don't think we're "in need" of another signing, our squad is looking pretty good as it is. Never a bad idea to strengthen further though. If we sign anyone else, I'd like to see us pull in a quality, versatile attacking midfielder type. Someone who can slot into the diamond Ancelotti seems to be favouring, as well as giving options when it comes to potentially switching up the formation.

you claimed I was your first stalker last month.

ShoulderChip

you jealous ?

;)

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Was bored tonight and randomly watched this..Still gives me goosebumps

Wigan get Chelsea Winger on Loan

They don't seem to think much of him at The Bridge. Have had him for a few years and not had many chances. Always seems to be the same with these young players-loan spell after loan spell and then sold for next to nothing-other than Mikel, I can't think of a young player we've kept and played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I think he'll do well at Wigan if given a regular run in the team.

He was unreal at Plymouth a couple of years back, but injuries, and being in and out of the team on loan, he's lost a bit of form.
    He looked lively enough in the US though. I just hope he gets into the Wigan starting 11 from the start.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement