Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I remember him playing well while on loan (where else?) at Palace. As far as I can recall, he is primarily left-footed and so opportunities are likely to be even harder to come by this season I guess.

Some good ones today

Chelsea turn down £18m from RM for Alex

This comes a day after they annouced their spending over.

What do you think? £18m seems ok.....we could surely replace him for half that. Seems far fetched, even if it is The Times :rolleyes:

And

Chelsea players spend £125,000 on champagne for Kalou's birthday

Popular guy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Taking the risk of selling Alex and trying to replace him would be foolish. Glad we didn't sell out this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

There's a statement on the Chelsea website denying the sums spent at Kalou's party.

Lots of reports that there'll be no more players moving in and out of Chelsea now. I know we're a strong squad already but that's a bit boring. Make an offer for Aguero.

Zhirkov has some problem with his knee and mighn't play on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Now that it is officialy the morning of the charity shield I thought this would be very poignant for the occasion;

This is the first day of my life
    I swear I was born right in the doorway
    I went out in the rain suddenly everything changed
    They're spreading blankets on the beach

Yours is the first face that I saw
    I think I was blind before I met you
    Now I don’t know where I am
    I don’t know where I’ve been
    But I know where I want to go

And so I thought I’d let you know
    That these things take forever
    I especially am slow
    But I realize that I need you
    And I wondered if I could come home

Remember the time you drove all night
    Just to meet me in the morning
    And I thought it was strange you said everything changed
    You felt as if you'd just woke up
    And you said “this is the first day of my life
    I’m glad I didn’t die before I met you
    But now I don’t care I could go anywhere with you
    And I’d probably be happy”

So if you want to be with me
    With these things there’s no telling
    We just have to wait and see
    But I’d rather be working for a paycheck
    Than waiting to win the lottery
    Besides maybe this time is different
    I mean I really think you like me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

So after Carlos statement regarding no more signings Rob Beasley said on the Jimmy Hills Supplement that we've brokered a deal for Pato and will pay 45mil and then loan him to Milan for the year? Crazy if true but probably bollix but he seemed convinced.

Who is Rob Beasley? I saw the story roaming the news of the world,

Do you think Meelan would know the difference if we signed Pato and sent them back Kalou instead?

he's a journalist and a chelsea fan.

There's talk again about a last ditch bid for Ribery too.

well at least that is positive,
    surely we need a striker more than a winger though,

although granted if there was a player going of his calibre you would take him anywhere on the pictch

still I would love someone like Pato or Aguero

or if not Dzeko, Forlan etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Who is Rob Beasley? I saw the story roaming the news of the world,

beasleyapr20_803126.jpg

he was on the sunday supplement saying somthing like " i got a phone call from chelsea asking how i got this story and it was suppose to be top secret"

• Advertisement

I call shenanigans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Why would Chelsea spend £45 million on a player and then loan him back?
    This is one of the stupidest rumours I have ever heard.
    All the papers are full of BS but the NOTW are probably the leaders of it.

well its kind of what real did with Man united for ronaldo.

not that I believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

well its kind of what real did with Man united for ronaldo.

not that I believe it.

That's if you believe one story and don't believe the several others which say there was no pre agreement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

little bit of warm up entertainment:

http://www.justin.tv/cfctv1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Lets set the tone for the season today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Soby wrote: »

I would recommend not setting it like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Soby wrote: »

I hope:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Great win, historic.

tbf we were kinda bad, can only get better and hopefully it will

• Advertisement

I wasn't too happy with it.

Drogba and Anelka did not connect well or at all.

Anelka although had a few strong shots, seemed to not gel with the team, none of his passes came off

I did not like seeing Essien being pushed back to Dm when Ballack came on, I thought we were past that, if Ancelotti does not rate Mikel, then maybe it is a great shame we didn't buy Pirlo.

I had such high hopes before this game, but not feeling too good now.

very disappointed with Mikel today too slow and ponderous, CA obviously does rate him why would he get a 5 year contract otherwise?
    Malouda is continuing his terrific form. Frank took a while to get going. Ricky C was immense.
    I liked the way the team came out in the second half a reminder of how Hiddink changed things, something Scolari couldn't do

smuckers wrote: »
    very disappointed with Mikel today too slow and ponderous, CA obviously does rate him why would he get a 5 year contract otherwise?
    Malouda is continuing his terrific form. Frank took a while to get going. Ricky C was immense.
    I liked the way the team came out in the second half a reminder of how Hiddink changed things, something Scolari couldn't do

Well it would still make sense to give him a 5 year contract, he is young and not paid too highly, I was referring to not rating him as a complete player, suggesting that he may have doubts over him for big CL games etc.

Here are the goal.com ratings, was surprised by the low score for malouda and high score for Anleka, but that site has a reputation for going out of its way to be contraversial.
    http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/08/09/1430879/community-shield-player-ratings-chelsea-2-2-manchester

Do we not always change things at half time though going back to the Mourinho days?
    Is it not very typical of us to have a drab first half normally ending in 0-0 or the odd 1-0 and then upping the tempo big time in the second half?

Under Jose yes, under Scolari it never happened.

Ivanovic had a nightmare, Boswinga did well when he came on, I think the latter is more suited to the diamond as he gives extra width.

I think we still need that truly creative player I think CA knows this too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

i didnt think the performance inspired much confidence in the new system!!
    while I agree that we should be playing with two uptop, I think that we should play a more conventional 4-4-2 with wingers!! anelka seemed stuck out on the left wing for alot of the game!!

not sure why ivanovic was picked to start when for the diamond he has to play in a very advanced role and pretty much play as a winger half the game!! bos should start the season as right back id guess after coming on strong!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

it'll take a little more time to work out the best formation and players for it, fortunately we have a relatively easy start to the season and that'll give Ancelloti a few more weeks to suss out the best combinations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭chezzer

Im a bit worried that Ancellotti is not buying any more players, i think we could have done with one world class big signing ...

we will see how things pan out ... im not sure this squad can challenge for
    the CL - not with Barça about ...

chezzer wrote: »
    Im a bit worried that Ancellotti is not buying any more players, i think we could have done with one world class big signing ...

What? Seriously? It took a serious slice of luck for Barca to get by us last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

think we still have enough of a squad to challenge throughout the season and certainkly enought to safely see us through til christmas when he can work out if we need extra cover,and if we get any luck with being injury free we'll be fine.

Anyway much more interested in winning the premiership than the CL , although I'll take both :-)

• Advertisement

Thats another thing, forget about Abramovich and his hardon for the CL, we want and need the league then we can chase after a CL. League > CL everytime.

dunno about that ....

CL > League > FA CUP > Carling Cup >>>> Community shield ...

but you are right , we need to get back the league ... and we have a good chance of that
    since Barça , last time i checked, don't play in the Prem ;)

CHD wrote: »
    What? Seriously? It took a serious slice of luck for Barca to get by us last year.

Yes I know, but I have this massive fear of Barça ...

Well he wanted Ribery but he's unwilling to pay that amount of money for a player who only appeared in the last 2 years.
    There probably won't be anymore signings but as buck said if the right player comes along at the right price then we'll go in.

Well he wanted Ribery but he's unwilling to pay that amount of money for a player who only appeared in the last 2 years.
    There probably won't be anymore signings but as buck said if the right player comes along at the right price then we'll go in.

yes but if barca, madrid and city are breaking the bank, but they cant get the one target everyone wants, ribery, shouldnt we go all out to buy him, give them ballack back and 70million!!

they cant promise a marquee signing n not deliver it, i dont even think its about improving the team that much, its about making a statement that were still top of the pile n can attract the top players, we havent signed anyone truely worldclass since anelka n even that wasnt huge at the time!!

no way spend 70mil on Ribery he's worth 30 tops, Aguero now is a different story altogether

Its not the marquee signing

but anyway:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://sportky.topky.sk/c/33949/matic-do-chelsea-za-kosice-uz-nenastupi

• Advertisement

no way spend 70mil on Ribery he's worth 30 tops,

That 70 mill might have been a bit of a wild up in the air figure!!
    But I still stand by the fact we should pay whatever it takes to get him, signing someone like him says something to other players out there, its a signal that the top players in the world play at the bridge and others will follow that!!

loving the sun story, not reported on one other news site from what I could find, gotta love how noone else trusts them as news!! still tho, roman jets in, leaves a trail of money to his jet, ribery gets in, and then its back to london!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Hey lads,

For fantasy football purposes, who will start across Chelsea's backline in yer opinions?

A. Cole - Terry - Carvalho - Ivanovic ??

Wondering about Ivanovic especially, as he is good value at 6m and he started the charity shield match on Sunday I think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Any slim chance he had of starting ahead of Bosingwa went on Sunday. Haven't a clue why he was playing. Alex will start to feature more alongside Terry as well even if Carvalho stays fit

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I agree Bubs. Dissappointed in Ivanovics performance. I really can't see him playing too much in the diamond. Maybe in the centre if 2 of the other 3 get injured. He might see more game time also if we switch 4-5-1/4-3-3 as a more traditional right back would be needed.

Interesting to see how this Ribery fiasco plays out. I really don't think he wants to come but if the money's right...

I would prefer to see Aguero, even if his wages are astronomical.

• Advertisement

Surely if Ribery was to come Ancelotti would have to rething the diamond and go back to 4-5-1 wouldn't he?

otherwise it would be a waste of our midfield strength.

Aguero on the other hand could fit in nicely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Interesting to see how this Ribery fiasco plays out. I really don't think he wants to come but if the money's right...

I would prefer to see Aguero, even if his wages are astronomical.

We won't sign Ribery, above all it just doesn't make sense. Zhirkov is the problem here, why would we sign him if there was any glimmer of hope Ribery would be available to us? At £18m it would be a bit silly to leave him as a bit part player filling in for Cole/Ribery. I never thought I'd hear myself say this but I actually want to see more of Malouda too.

Obviously I would love if either player signed but I just dont see it happening.

is there any chance that we could play something like

...................Lampard...Essien..................
    Ribery..................J.Cole................Zhirkov
    ..........................Drogba.........................

if we were to sign him with perhaps one of ribery/cole/malouda/ playing the am role?

Its the only way I could see it as a possibility but it goes against everything Ancelotti's done so far.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

is there any chance that we could play something like

...................Lampard...Essien..................
    Ribery..................J.Cole................Zhirkov
    ..........................Drogba.........................

if we were to sign him with perhaps one of ribery/cole/malouda/ playing the am role?

Its the only way I could see it as a possibility but it goes against everything Ancelotti's done so far.

I don't see why not. J Cole could play on the right when he is fit and we could keep the 2 up top(when things need to be changed). The right wing is a problem though. We don't have anybody who is naturally wide in that position.

I'm still not sure about this diamond. Malouda and Zhirkov won't be playing in their best position.

Ribery deal was denied by Bayern suprise suprise.

Zhirkov is still a few weeks off fitness, problem with the knee.

Alex and Carvallho are both excellent defenders but the latter was immense on Sunday, felt sorry Alex missed out though. My main worry is Mikel, please sort him out Carlo otherwise Deco may be getting chance in the holding role.(shudders), Boswinga all the way ahead of Ivan as it suits him better in the diamond.

I am in London for the Burnley match,

I was under the impression that as Burnley are such a small club with presumable very few away fans (pop of burnley =78k) that I would be able to pick up a ticket handy enough

but I heard from a few people that these games tend to sell out for the 'bring the kids to a game where we will score a few' factor.

I have never been to see Chelsea before, does anyone have any tips on getting tickets?

I will bring this to the ticket forum if I have no luck here but figure one of ye will know whats best, cheers.

Ribery deal was denied by Bayern suprise suprise.

Zhirkov is still a few weeks off fitness, problem with the knee.

Alex and Carvallho are both excellent defenders but the latter was immense on Sunday, felt sorry Alex missed out though. My main worry is Mikel, please sort him out Carlo otherwise Deco may be getting chance in the holding role.(shudders), Boswinga all the way ahead of Ivan as it suits him better in the diamond.
    Belletti will be next in line for holding the midfield and will do a top job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

There are reports that we enquired about Roma's De Rossi but were told not to bother.

Interested in Sampadoria's Pazzini too.

Mancienne looks to be heading back to Wolves on loan.

I am in London for the Burnley match,

I was under the impression that as Burnley are such a small club with presumable very few away fans (pop of burnley =78k) that I would be able to pick up a ticket handy enough

but I heard from a few people that these games tend to sell out for the 'bring the kids to a game where we will score a few' factor.

I have never been to see Chelsea before, does anyone have any tips on getting tickets?

I will bring this to the ticket forum if I have no luck here but figure one of ye will know whats best, cheers.

I 'joined' Chelsea this season and have been offered tickets for Hull and Burnley so far-I could have bought 2 Burnley tickets last night on their website without any bother. It costs £25 for ticket only membership for the year. When the tickets are first released, you can buy 1, a few days later, you can buy 2 etc. I have booked flights to go to the Wolves and Sunderland home games and don't expect any bother getting tickets to be honest.

I was on the Fulham website earlier and tickets for the Chelsea match were on sale to the general public.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    I 'joined' Chelsea this season and have been offered tickets for Hull and Burnley so far-I could have bought 2 Burnley tickets last night on their website without any bother. It costs £25 for ticket only membership for the year. When the tickets are first released, you can buy 1, a few days later, you can buy 2 etc. I have booked flights to go to the Wolves and Sunderland home games and don't expect any bother getting tickets to be honest.

I was on the Fulham website earlier and tickets for the Chelsea match were on sale to the general public.

Cheers for that information,

Growler has actually contacted me in the mean time and offered to sell me his ticket for it, if we can work out meeting up.

It might be the only game I make so it wouldn't justify the $25 hopefully next year.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement