Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

I have never been to see Chelsea before, does anyone have any tips on getting tickets?

Best bet ive always found, hit a few of the pubs around the bridge and ask around, all the season ticket holders know someone that has a spare!!

Plus I had a few brilliant football factory moments meeting some well dodgy looking guys, and a massive bouncer i swore was vinny jones!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Zhirkov definately won't be playing this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Mr Alan wrote: »

States on physioroom that he's due back 15th Aug. Hopefully he's ready as I'm looking forward to seeing him play (and he's in my FF team :D ).

What are peoples opinion on Malouda vs Zhirkov. I know Malouda played well the end of last season, and looked okay on Sunday (def didn't think he was as good as a few mentioned here) but surely they didn't pay 18m for Zhirkov to be second string player straight off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

The best thing about Zhirkov is that he can play left back and also can play as a defensive midfielder.
    Malouda will be getting the nod the start of the season cause yuri is injured and not match fit, he'll have to play really well to keep him out of the side, Malouda that is.

Mr Alan wrote: »

i swapped him out of my FF team for Bosingwa just in case, dont think he'l start ahead of Cole or Malouda just yet!!

Really hope we get off to a flyer against Hull, id love to see drogba and anelka getting off the mark right away!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

LanceStorm wrote: »
    i swapped him out of my FF team for Bosingwa just in case, dont think he'l start ahead of Cole or Malouda just yet!!

Really hope we get off to a flyer against Hull
    Ye just like last season:p.Ah no hope so too..Great we get to kick it all off first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Soby wrote: »
    Ye just like last season:p.Ah no hope so too..Great we get to kick it all off first

Would't it be great to go top on Saturday and just..ya know...stay there:pac:

eddiehead wrote: »

be one hell of a way to win the league back, just stay ahead of the pack all season, i hate this chasing business!! one draw and your world falls apart!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

eddiehead wrote: »

yeah we should do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

The legend that is Essien will be writing a blog this year.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/exciting-season-ahead-20090813_2260303_1752525

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Good player for Chelsea Football Club. Should do well next year with Chelsea Football Club.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Good player for Chelsea Football Club. Should do well next year with Chelsea Football Club.

..is gonna win the league with Chelsea Football Club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Iolar wrote: »
    Anyone going to any matches this season?

Planing on going to:

Wolves (H)
    Sunderland (H)
    Blackburn (A)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Iolar wrote: »
    Anyone going to any matches this season?

yeah , all of them ! :-)

at Chelsea Football Club obviously ( well , plus a few away games and an odd visit to europe)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Lads - long term reader, first time poster! (in chelsea)
    I reckon Lampard is the best and most consistent player in the PL, yet Real madrid didnt even ask about him - I'm glad they didn't, but why not? I suppose you could ask why they didnt ask about gerrard too?

I reckon Lampard is the best and most consistent player in the PL, yet Real madrid didnt even ask about him - I'm glad they didn't, but why not? I suppose you could ask why they didnt ask about gerrard too?

Arguably the most consistent performer alright, but certainly not the best in the premiership, he's not even the best at Chelsea. Kaka has 3 years on him and 2 on Gerrard, more importantly though Kaka is Galactico material, moreso than the other 2.

The persistent tabloid talk of bosingwa to Munich is beginning to irk me.

What do you think out transfer plans are for the rest of the window.

plan A - Swap bosingwa for ribery and cash

Plan B - Buy Aguero

Plan C - buy a decent but not world classs cover striker

Plan D - buy no-one

if its plan A Bosingwa wouldnt be as big a loss if we shifted to a 4-5-1 formation and played cole zhirkov lampard and ribery in the one team, then it would make more sense for a defensive rb like Ivanovic/beletti.

if its any other plan I think its lunacy to consider letting Bosingwa go.

All the talk from Ancelotti suggests he is sticking with the diamond in which case the signing of Ribery would be slightly overkill, (unless J.Cole is risked as a second striker)
    and bosingwa will be needed to get forward from rb.

aguero would be absolutely perfect, and I would love if there was any truth in the 35 mil + deco rumours for him.

Well we will not win anything with the diamond, won't work in England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

I think he'll still stick with it. We couldn't beat them with 4-5-1 last season. I'd probably start with the team that finished todays game next time.
    God today reminded me of Crespo's late winner against wigan last time we won the title.

• Advertisement

Lampard is wasted in it though, we will create as many chances and beat teams off the park with 4-5-1. Midfield is congested, no width at times when needed and players getting caught in posession. Just dont like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

agree completely with you, frank was totally out of today's game for long periods, Essien is wasted at the back of the diamond too

bit worrying that there was no real change of shape from ancelloti to try and find a way through the stubborn hull defence today, crosses and corners were dealt with easily enough but we persisted with it, Kalou did give us some better options with his pace but we really should have been beating Hull comfortably rather than making such hard work of it. Utd and Liverpool won't be shaking in their boots having watched that display.

must do better! :) great to the footy back!

i often wonder about this too, why clubs like barca and madrid dont really go for english players anymore!! (beckham was a circus so that makes sense, but owen who was good but not world class and woodgate still dosent make sense to me)

is it a language/culture thing? i think lampard would be amazing with madrid, and joe cole would fit in at barca no problem!!

not that i condone this selling of players, oh bugger, ive jinxed it!!

Well it migh tbecome more popular thanks to tax laws, jermaine pennant for eg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭chezzer

So how reliable are these rumours regarding Aguero ?

and it looks like Arsenal could be a force to be reckoned with this season,
    im sure their odds of winning it have shot up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

It was only one game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

CHD wrote: »
    Lampard is wasted in it though,

this is the crux of the problem with the diamond.

you do not get the full influence of Lampard on the game, and by all accounts he's your most influential player.

SlickRic wrote: »
    this is the crux of the problem with the diamond.

you do not get the full influence of Lampard on the game, and by all accounts he's your most influential player.
    He is one of the most influential player's around, wasting a talent like him is unreal.

It was only one game.
    The Reading and United games weren't exactly amazing either were they, we will beat weak teams with it but its become alot easier for other teams to contain us and play for the draw now. Expect alot of days like we had against Hull this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Burnley could have signed Michael Essien when he was younger but wouldn't pay his £60 a week wages due to club policy. :pac:

Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

CHD wrote: »
    The Reading and United games weren't exactly amazing either were they, we will beat weak teams with it but its become alot easier for other teams to contain us and play for the draw now. Expect alot of days like we had against Hull this year.

I was referring to Arsenal, I don't understand all this talk after one game.

I'm worried about Chelsea to be honest, a lot of people were calling them favourites based on hearing how they're doing and not watching them play.

I hope Ancelloti realises there are problems.

Actually might be an interesting bet to see if Ancelotti lasts the whole season ...

he might not , if he continues with this diamond formation ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

i thought hull basically did what so many other teams did last season when they came to the bridge, they camped out in front of their goal and defended the fook out of it.
    in fairness to them though, they did take their chances and went forward every now and then, and when they did, the chelsea counter looked very impressive to me.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/18/football-transfer-rumours

I like the Jack Bauer pic !!

I hope this is true ... he could be the signing we need ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

chezzer wrote: »
    Actually might be an interesting bet to see if Ancelotti lasts the whole season ...

he might not , if he continues with this diamond formation ....

Ridiculous talk after one game. Chelsea will never challenge if they continue with this revolving door policy

I agree .. I hope it doesn't happen ... but after the way Scollari was fired ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Pizarro joins Werder bremen.

JPA wrote: »

please keep sheva now!!
    we need him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

LanceStorm wrote: »
    please keep sheva now!!
    we need him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why ?

To ensure you're not too far behind Man City with the weekly wage bill? That's his only contribution isn't it?

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »

dont see it on bbc news ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Chelsea confirm signing of Matic
    Chelsea have signed central midfielder Nemanja Matic from Slovakian club MFK Kosice on a four-year deal.

The 21-year-old, who has two full Serbia caps, completed his move to Stamford Bridge on Monday in a deal that is thought to be worth £1.5m.

Matjic is currently sidelined because of the broken metatarsal that ended his Under-21 European Championship campaign in Sweden after only one game in June.

"I know a lot about Chelsea, I have been following them," he said.

MFK president Blazej Podolak added that the deal was rubber-stamped because "the money does not come in instalments but immediately".

Matic recently underwent surgery and had a metal plate inserted into his foot after breaking his foot against Italy.

Sunderland and Tottenham were also understood to be tracking the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

that one game matic played was superb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Went lookin on Youtube of this new fella, he's a big fecker, seems he can pick out a pass too, ala Pirlo, great touch of the ball too.

I wonder will he feature much this season, I know he's injured atm so it'll be while before we see him play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭Telgere

Hopefully fit for cover during ANC, seems to have lots of potential and for 1.5M not going to break the bank.

• Advertisement

Link for tonights match.Hasent started yet of course

Hoping for a glimpse that this diamond is going to work this season. Maybe Lamps on the left and Malouda at the tip? We we're pretty good away from home last season, hope we keep it up. 2-0 to us.

selpher wrote: »
    Hoping for a glimpse that this diamond is going to work this season. Maybe Lamps on the left and Malouda at the tip? We we're pretty good away from home last season, hope we keep it up. 2-0 to us.

Pursume you meant lamps at the tip and Malouda on the left ye?:p

No Dont think its workin with Lamps there. Hes far better when he plays deeper. Just don't think we should drop Malouda or move Ess back.

If we keep the diamond it is the end of Lampard.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement