Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

you lads have a had a good first week...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

According to skysports.com Srna could be looking to come to Chelsea after talks with barca broke down.

I'm a bit ignorant to this fella, he's a winger afaik, anyone seen this lad play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

V9 wrote: »
    According to skysports.com Srna could be looking to come to Chelsea after talks with barca broke down.

I'm a bit ignorant to this fella, he's a winger afaik, anyone seen this lad play?

He's a bit like Zhirkov but right sided. Can play RB or wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

hmm, could be an interesting option to have in the squad, tho bozzy and Joe would surely be first choice on the right...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

V9 wrote: »
    hmm, could be an interesting option to have in the squad, tho bozzy and Joe would surely be first choice on the right...

Yeah he would be very handy alright pity he's 27.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I don't think 27 is too bad ShoulderChip. Should be still a fair few years left in him yet. Think he would be a good signing if the money is right.

Yes I am just being pernickity

Football weekly made a good point that at the start of last year Bosingwa and A.Cole were on fire,
    we were been praised for out brazillian style of football,
    then for whatever reason their performance levels dropped, bosingwa moreso.

So it would be great having a viable replacement for Bosingwa who can attack up the whole pitch as Bosingwa does,

Zhirkov can be used to give Cole a rest (although that will not be the way we primarily use zhirkov)

so it could be a good idea to have both srna and zhirkov who can play in either position along either flank.

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/08/22/1454246/frank-lampard-to-move-to-the-left-of-carlo-ancelottis

looks like Lampard will be used on the left
    this is good news for Deco/Kalou /J.cole (hopefully)
    bad news for Zhirkov

Certainly seems to be bad news for our natural left wingers. Do you think Zhirkov could be utilised anywhere else in the midfield? Left mid certainly seems to be Lampards best position in the diamond. I wonder if Zhirkov could be used on the right? I know he isn't suited naturally there but it seems all our midfield wide players are cutting inside now with the lb/rb providing the width, it mightn't be too bad.

I'm sure Ancelloti will give him plenty of play time as he will undoubtedly keep up his rotation policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

all the papers again saying were gonna make a move for aguero before the windows closes!!

this despite the fact that aguero is now ineligible for the champs league group stages, and ancelotti coming out today to say AGAIN that we'll make no more signings!!

id prefer to believe the papers on this one, sign him up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Any good links?Two i had have gone down already

*never mind

http://www.justin.tv/kjdfvnhkjodfx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Soby wrote: »
    Any good links?Two i had have gone down already

http://iraqgoals.net/ch3.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Funniest article I have ever read from the most reliable NOTW

CHELSEA are at the centre of an FA probe after a training ground friendly turned into a mass brawl.

The practice game, arranged at short notice by Chelsea on Wednesday, was abandoned after just 35 minutes amid amazing scenes. Players, coaches and officials from Chelsea's reserve team and United Arab Emirates side Al Alhi traded blows for five minutes.

Chelsea players were assaulted with karate kicks, knee-high tackles and had their hair pulled out and their eyes gouged.

Defender Jack Cork, who has since gone on loan to Coventry and sported a black eye in his new side's 1-0 defeat to Swansea, was put in a headlock and repeatedly hit.

The referee, who will not be named by the FA, has written to Soho Square with the full, astonishing details of the battle.

Incredibly the drama was played out in front of scores of children who were taking part in a Football in the Community scheme at Chelsea's Cobham training ground.

The scenes, which were recorded by the club's in-house TV station ChelseaTV and are now locked in a safe, were so brutal some kids fled in tears.

A stunned eye witness revealed: "There were people being chased all over the pitch, eyes were being gouged, hair was being pulled out and one of the Al Alhi players shoved his fingers up the nose of Gael Kakuta. Every player was involved but Chelsea didn't start it."

The Chelsea team included youngsters being groomed for the first team, such as Rhys Taylor, Jeffrey Bruma, Carl Magnay, Kakuta and Cork.

But trouble flared after half-an-hour when Chelsea left-back Ben Gordon was taken out by a two-footed tackle above the knee.

Although the game continued the ref was forced to abandon it when both teams began trading punches just before half-time.

Cork was put in a headlock and beaten while Jeffrey Bruma had two Al Alhi players on his back and karate kicked by another.

Chelsea's opponents were not even allowed back into the changing rooms and were put straight on to the team bus in their kit.

The FA confirmed last night that the incident had taken place.

A Soho Square source said: "The FA supplied the ref. We have received his report and are considering the appropriate action. Chelsea didn't start it."

A Chelsea spokesman said: "There was an unfortunate incident."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/466573/Brawlboys-Chelsea-face-FA-probe-over-punch-up.html

RasTa wrote: »

Cannot stop laughing. ''Karate kicks''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

lol our youths are soft boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Iolar wrote: »
    Who are you hoping we get in the group stages of the champions league lads?

I'd be happy enough to avoid Inter or Real, not too concerned other than that

I want Real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

CHD wrote: »
    I want Real.

Would do anything to avod Real/Inter, Fiorentina/Athletico and Wolfsburg

• Advertisement

Prefer to try win it beating the best teams on offer, dunno why. I want the toughest group possible. Beat the best to be the best :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

I-d like Real or Athletico ...

off topic , are Chelsea playing in the carling cup ?

Bye until the 3rd round i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

A trip to madrid would be nice , arsenal seem to be having it rather easy !

Nice banana skin group.

Tough enough group but I'd say we'll be grand.

to be honest , id rather we go out in the group stages then endure the misery of last years 'defeat' ....

If we endure something like we did last year i will need to see a counsellor.

Sheva is gone/going

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Soby wrote: »
    Sheva is gone/going

We should have kept Di Santo in that case or pounce for Aguero

Dying to go over for a game now all of a sudden:D.Love to early next year..Anyone ever been in the Shed?Listening to them sing at each other is savage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

If we endure something like we did last year i will need to see a counsellor.
    I still haven't gotten over that penalty.
    Makes me feel sick even thinking about it. :(

Same, or everytime i see a replay of that game or Iniesta' goal. Makes me sick.

Chelsea trio Joe Cole, Paulo Ferreira and Yuri Zhirkov all took part in open training earlier this week and are close to returning from injury.

Cole has not played since rupturing cruciate ligaments in January and looks most likely for a return on Saturday.
    Good news:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

Is the chelsea v burnley game on ESPN?

• Advertisement

Is the chelsea v burnley game on ESPN?

It is indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

http://www.zulu.mk/live/sitel

There's a quality link for anyone who doesn't have espn.

West london derby in the Carling cup btw..vs QPR

We put in another crackin' performance today while Liverpool crawl over the line against 10-man Bolton and United needed some help to beat a Cesc-less Arsenal.
    I havn't been this confident in about 4 years:pac:

• Advertisement

Was at the game today, my first time ever, great experience, more to come.

Was at the game today, my first time ever, great experience, more to come.

Where did ya seat?Least you had a better first experience than me

Same, or everytime i see a replay of that game or Iniesta' goal. Makes me sick.

Worst night of my life, was in BCN , went to an Irish bar thinking there'd be some Chelsea fans ... there was just me pretty much..

then i was "assaulted" by a Barca fan when Iniesta scored ...

i have a horrible feeling they will win it again this year ...

I didn't dwell on it and tryed to get to the bottom of it. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055557872

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Boring transfer window for us this year, but thought Tony Gale was right on SSN when he said most important thing Chelsea did this year (before close of window) was hanging on to our best players, and Kalou. :( (sorry any Salomon fans, I just don't rate him.)

One side note, the great Claudio is favourite for the Roma job.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8231959.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Hopes for this season:
    1. Joe Cole hopefully back to his best soon.
    2. Malouda to build on last season
    3. Anelka and Drogba finally clicking
    4. Zhirkov slotting in and Deco coming back to form
    5. Essien available for most of season
    6. We look solid at the back again

I think if all the above fall into place we'll be in with a shout for Prem and CL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

331131-didier-drogba.jpg
    "Dayum Ref, yo gettin' ye jizzle jazzle all wrong!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

i left the country for 4 days and they sold shevchenko behind my back!!
    i say sold, given away for free!! why not hold on to him as backup!!

disappointed we didnt get that marquee signing, or sign one or two more youngsters, but still think we've got the league this year, i dont care about the champs league anymore, we need to be the best in our own league first and foremost!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Fifa have just imposed an 18 month transfer ban on Chelsea due to the signing of that young player from lens in 2007. Breaking news on sky sports now. More reports to follow in a bit.:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement