Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Think I saw a quote from JT confirming he had been out of it for a while.
    Soby wrote: »
    Why was Sky reporting JT was knocked out in the match.Clearly wasnt..I mean i know its JT but he wouldnt have played on if he was K.O'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Chelsea have signed a 17 year old Croatian goalkeeper, apparently he was on the bench for the Croatia England game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8262083.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Big Day on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Another brilliant performance today, fullbacks were immense yet again. I can't praise Essien enough, he plays a thankless role in the side and is so consistantly brilliant. He just breaks up attack after attack, such an incredible player.

Also, I was just looking at the fixtures there and I see we are away to Liverpool in the second last game of the season. Now, hypothetically of course, if Liverpool were out of the race by then and it was between ourselves and United, do any of ye think they might....ahem....take a dive:pac:. Surely it's in their interests to keep that precious 19th title out of Old Trafford;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

eddiehead wrote: »
    Another brilliant performance today, fullbacks were immense yet again. I can't praise Essien enough, he plays a thankless role in the side and is so consistantly brilliant. He just breaks up attack after attack, such an incredible player.

Also, I was just looking at the fixtures there and I see we are away to Liverpool in the second last game of the season. Now, hypothetically of course, if Liverpool were out of the race by then and it was between ourselves and United, do any of ye think they might....ahem....take a dive:pac:. Surely it's in their interests to keep that precious 19th title out of Old Trafford;)
    We will probably have lifted the trophy at home -v- Stoke the week before tbh :)

CHD wrote: »
    We will probably have lifted the trophy at home -v- Stoke the week before tbh :)

Yeah, Ive already said April, so I'll stick to that...

We are a cocky shower:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

They dunno extent yet...http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8265935.stm
    "We hope tomorrow we will have a precise diagnosis of the situation," said the Italian. "It is a calf injury but he felt that he had cramp. If it is cramp, it is good for us."

Where the fuck is Sturridge?

edit: excuse my language, but where has he been?

and on the upside was that new guy any good today?

dunno but borini is highly rated... last season he played on reserves and was highest scorer with 10 goals from 11 games...

• Advertisement

sounds like di santo,
    its such a big step up I fear for any of them.

He didn't get any real chances to show what he can do.

yeah that's what I'm worried about, Its like Ancelotti didn't like what he saw in training

hopefully Zhirkov,Cole and Sturridge will play in the carling cup so.

Came on 89th minute for anelka... Dunno if he even touched the ball...

yeah that's what I'm worried about, Its like Ancelotti didn't like what he saw in training

hopefully Zhirkov,Cole and Sturridge will play in the carling cup so.
    That would be the plan I imagine, prob play Hutchinson and Borini too. Zhirkov has been injured so will be in the squads when fit.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Came on 89th minute for anelka... Dunno if he even touched the ball...

Oh did he, glad to hear that, I had to get to train for the last 20 mins of match.

Yeah hopefully Zhirkov and Joe Cole will give Ancelotti major selection headaches, I think lots of rotation could be a good idea,

also given the strength of our midfield I think a 4-5-1 might be a good idea at times to, especially if Drogba is out, or if not to replace Anelka from time to time.

Zhirkov..Lampard...Essien...Ballack...J.Cole

would be a nice midfield 5 for example

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Jackobyte's just telling you Borini came on to replace Anelka, not Sturridge. He did touch the ball, but not much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Great performance today. Glad there werent any additional assistant refs though. We coould have been caught for 2 penaltys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

seen the game today and watched the highlights on MOTD2, jaysus we looked good today didnt we? the confidence was sky high in the second half. hope drogs isnt injured, he is one powerful player when he wants to be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

Bit worried about Drogs to be honest .. I hope he's ok ...

still no word on BBC ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

We need to give some of the fringe players some game time when we have games won as we'll be without all the African players in no time for the sh*t \african nations.

ah sh*t that is on this season !!!

what month ? January ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I thought bbc were saying last night (and in the times today) that Drogba was jsut cramp and not a twisted knee. ? which would be good news.

Borini looked very good for the short while he was no, no fear and fast.

hopefully yes ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

We started slow like a few matches this season but by the end we were all over them. Boswinga and Cole have unbelievable fitness levels and they just keep on getting better. a bit suprised Sturridge didn't even make the bench, but he must be playing wed so.
    one downer Mikel was very lethargic at times when he came on, needlessly giving away possession. :mad:

• Advertisement

smuckers wrote: »
    Mikel was very lethargic at times when he came on, needlessly giving away possession. :mad:

on the plus side , he did have a shot that didn't even hit the upper tier, a first for him !

growler wrote: »
    on the plus side , he did have a shot that didn't even hit the upper tier, a first for him !

Why does he even bother?:pac:
    I seem to remember him hitting one very well against Burnley(or Hull), it flew straight past the top corner from a good bit outside the box, I was shocked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I've been impressed with Ballack this season. He was one of our worst players last season but hes been great this season.

Heading over to Wigan for the match on Saturday bringin the girlfriend to her first match, anyone else going over? Hopefully Drogba is fit heard it wasnt as bad as first feared though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Johner wrote: »
    I've been impressed with Ballack this season. He was one of our worst players last season but hes been great this season.

Heading over to Wigan for the match on Saturday bringin the girlfriend to her first match, anyone else going over? Hopefully Drogba is fit heard it wasnt as bad as first feared though.

Really hope the drogs is back for Saturday !

Not heading over to the Match on Saturday but heading over to the Match on Wednesday (QPR) and over to the next two Champions League home games.

On Chelsea Chat (Chelsea website ) there is big talk of Joe Cole starting which for me will be worth the entrance fee alone !

Got my flights for 2 euro return on Ryanair plus the 10euro service charge for paying with a card on all 3 flights ,

For that price you just cant go wrong !!!

Joe Cole coming back will be like a new signing. Cant wait to see him in action again!

Also, Essien was superb yesterday one of the best in the world imo.

• Advertisement

Guess if the Drog injury was serious we'd know something by now ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

As has been mentioned Joe's return is absolutely huge and hopefully he can hit the ground running and push for place as with him coming back gives an extra option in the diamond and also if we have to change to a 4-3-3 hes great option to have out wide.

Really glad to see ballack working for team more this year and he is getting his rewards with fine displays and goals to.

I hope sturridge gets a run sooner rather then later and can maybe stake a claim when kalou and drogba head to African nations.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Joe Cole coming back will be like a new signing. Cant wait to see him in action again!

Also, Essien was superb yesterday one of the best in the world imo.

Speaking of Cole coming back , when is our actual new signing Yuri Zhirkov going to start playing games ? I heard talk a while back that he might have a serious knee problem which would of kept him out for the season but that had been ruled out and he was back in training at the time .

be interesting to see what team walks out tomorrow night, we've always taken the carling more seriously than the other top teams and i guess there'r no reason to stop now. JC being back would be great, I can't see many teams being as daft as spurs and trying to play fancy footabll against us and letting cole / boswinga do their wing - back thing so a speedy winger would be very welcome.

Personally I stil think Ballack is the weakest link in the diamond, he still plays the ball back 80% of the time, sideways ( 5 yards max) 15% of the time and forwards when options a and b are no longer available.

Physioroom have his return date as tomorrow. I hope thats correct!

Physioroom have his return date as tomorrow. I hope thats correct!

The Times is saying that Drogba is likely to be rested until the Liverpool game. Makes sense seeing as the next two games are QPR & Wigan, we should be okay without him for these.

I dunno. Wigan away for us has been a tough enough fixture!

Good point about Zhirkov, I hope Ancellotti liked what he saw in training ,

they are a fantastic bunch of chaps aren't they ? these Chelsea FC boys ..

Drogba is fine, was just bad cramp. Will be OK for Saturday.

Joe Cole & Zhirkov are due to start tomorrow night.

• Advertisement

mudokon wrote: »
    Joe Cole & Zhirkov are due to start tomorrow night.

True , Cant wait

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1804808,00.html

me netiher.

what the hell?

there is no sturridge in the squad for tonight!

Sturridge had a calf injury.

A Kalou goal was enough, I heard Hutchinson and Ivan were immense.

And zhirkov...? How'd he do?

he was playing left back, steady if unspectacular, set up one good chance for Borini.

Nemanja Matic was on bench but never came on, Joey did well by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Was Turnbull on the bench? Solid enough display by the team by all accounts.

it appeas il have rely on yahoo sports live commentary for this game, cant find it anywhere.

come on the blues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Balls 1-0 down Bramble off all people

• Advertisement

oh lord.dagans

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement