Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Cech has been sent off & Wigan are in the lead again from a penalty, Drogba had equalised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

We luck so unfit..Jogging around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

what a pish poor performance

Dont think ive seen us as bad..Looks like they couldnt give a ****..On the other hand liverpool have banged in 6.Roll on them next week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Shockingly bad performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Looks as if the players assumed they only had to turn up today and we'd have the win!that never works, with torres on the form he is on,best strikerin the world at the minute IMO,and chelsea playing the way we have been as much as i hate to say it not looking forward to next week now!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

There was an inevitability to this. I'd rather we flop now than next week against the 'pool. Hopefully Ancelloti will deliver the kick in the arse needed to refocus us .

we are going to need to up our game massively if we are going to make any impression on next weekends game.hopefully joe cole will be fully ready and raring to go.losing cech makes things even more difficult.
    but i have a niggling feeling todays result will bring the lads back to reality, and it may just spark a proper chelsea style reaction, which hopefully will lead to a good oul fashioned drubbing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Poor result today , It will be interesting to see how Ancelloti and the players react to their first loss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

pfft ... we will be 3rd in the table next week ...

Liverpool will win at the bridge ... 100% certain of that ...

amazing how fast the season can just fall to sh*t isn't it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Its abit early to be writing off Chelsea this season :) , If Chelsea are to have a dip I'd prefer it to be earlier in the season than later.

The game against Liverpool will be a good test of where we are at this season, cant wait for it - I reckon there will be a good few goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

berengar wrote: »

Crikey :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Its amazing how fickle some people are

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Jackdaw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I'll side with this guy a bit - ManU won the comp last year with only 4 losses (Arsenal, Liverpool A, Liverpool H, Fulham), Chelsea lost 6 matches (Liverpool H, Arsenal H, ManU A, Liverpool A, Tottenham A, Arsenal A, *Sunderland A)

From this I would see losing to anyone of the non big 4 clubs a HUGE dent to the season.

* - this loss was the last match of the season and win/loss had no effect on Chelsea's final position

I also reckon Liverpool will kick Chelsea's arse next week but if the Blues win I'll be chuffed.. just totally chuffed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

CHD wrote: »
    Jackdaw?

That's what I was thinking

just thinking there, we are playing Apoel Nicosia in the champions league during this week. this game may well be the building block needed to regain the confidence levels again before the weekend.
    besides, we are going to be playing on home ground, good record so far at home..and sure its only liverpool!

Jesus, the team got a kick in the arse, you think they are just going to lay back and let Liverpool win. Liverpool will have there toughest match this season next week. Losing one game isn't the end of the world, it happens.

Essien will own Gerrard and i can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

Hopefully ... .

I wish i could be so confident, but when you see Torres on form like that ...

:(

Remember last year when Chelsea weren't exactly setting the world alight and the worlds best attack at the time took more than 180 minutes to score and it was a equalizer. Wouldn't worry about Torres too much, they were playing Hull.Yes, he is top class, but so are Chelsea' backline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Drogba is hardly in a poor vein of form is he!? :eek:

any word on Ashley Cole?

Essien will own Gerrard again and i can't wait.

FYPCHDTYVMKTHXBYE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Bore draw is my guess against Liverpool, a narrow win would be nice though. I know some Posters here are fickle saying the wheels have fallen off, but the press are just as bad, we lose once and they are engraving Man Urinal United into the trophy already.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Drogba is hardly in a poor vein of form is he!? :eek:

any word on Ashley Cole?
    Nothing yet

I'm not overly confident about next week but then again I'm not half as pessimistic as one or two in this thread. Up until Saturday this team looked like a machine and Liverpool have already lost 2 this season, so there is plenty of room for optimism.

[arrogance]I still think we've the strongest team in the league and I stand by my prediction that we will have it sewn up with 2 games to spare.[/arrogance]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ill take a page out of CHD book and say a draw would be nice

but I think chelsea have a great chance of winning,liverpool look a bit dodgy in the back

drogba against carragher should be fun to watch

Drogba will cause them all sorts of trouble. I'm very confident.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    ill take a page out of CHD book and say a draw would be nice

but I think chelsea have a great chance of winning,liverpool look a bit dodgy in the back

drogba against carragher should be fun to watch
    Your doing it wrong.

You gotta say, I'm showing my support for the draw or G'wan the draw. Also you gotta say it in match threads.

Your doing it wrong.

You gotta say, I'm showing my support for the draw or G'wan the draw. Also you gotta say it in match threads.

dont worry ill b doing it right soon enough

but if one team has to win, I would like to see chelsea trash pool.

I also think glen will be found out at the weekend for the poor defender he is ;)(bite mr alan)

He will have some job anyway. Even if Cole is out Zhirkov will bomb at him. Lampard will probably pick on him too.

Headshot wrote: »
    I also think glen will be found out at the weekend for the poor defender he is ;)(bite mr alan)

I think this is much more likely to happen if A Cole is playing, though I wouldn't mind seeing Zhirkov having a go

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

bw wrote: »
    I'll side with this guy a bit - ManU won the comp last year with only 4 losses (Arsenal, Liverpool A, Liverpool H, Fulham), Chelsea lost 6 matches (Liverpool H, Arsenal H, ManU A, Liverpool A, Tottenham A, Arsenal A, *Sunderland A)

From this I would see losing to anyone of the non big 4 clubs a HUGE dent to the season.

* - this loss was the last match of the season and win/loss had no effect on Chelsea's final position

I also reckon Liverpool will kick Chelsea's arse next week but if the Blues win I'll be chuffed.. just totally chuffed.

Are there actually Chelsea Fans on this thread ? because its starting to sound like there aint ! Doom and gloom merchants the lot of you !

Man U firstly, have already lost a game to Burnley, so what ! does not mean they have no chance of winning the league now does it ? Same also goes for Chelsea and in my opinion Liverpool .

I could not believe the amount of Liverpool fans saying that they no longer had a chance because they lost two.

My view on the match is if Torres is well marshaled the game should easily be within Chelseas reach.

Gerrard is like Lampard on his day he can be the best in the world although neither have set the world on fire so far this season.

I think Jamie Carragher is a huge liability lately from what I have seen , again this is only my opinion , John Terry is also not a very fast player but he reads the game so well and is always two steps ahead. I think all over the park Chelsea have players equal to the Liverpool players and better in a lot of cases with the exception of the wonderful Torres .

I am happy enough that Cech is not playing as he has been very poor this season , pretty much the same as last season , I cant remember a game where he commanded the box like he used too, You can still see the lack of confidence every time he goes up for a ball, the quick glance to see if anything is challenging him in the air which takes his eye off the ball.

The match on Saturday was down to complacency , and the sending off.
    I was over at the Bridge for the game against QPR and the team had a look about them that if they just turned up they would get the result , no real passion about the play , loosing 50/50 balls all nite , wayward passing . Qpr were very unlucky not to grab a goal.

Chelsea are usually very strong in the second half this season but with the sending off it made that a very hard task especially when your chasing a game. From what I have seen it was a sending off , but on another day the ref mite have said A.Cole had got back in time to be the last defender .

Are there actually Chelsea Fans on this thread ? because its starting to sound like there aint ! Doom and gloom merchants the lot of you !

Huh?

• Advertisement

Huh?

mind games starting already

john terry will have torres in his back pocket i reckon

I dont see any hope for liverpool tbh,a draw would be a great result for liverpool I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Was at the Wigan game on saturday. :(

We will beat Liverpool ladsdont worry. :) Drogba will have a stormer. :)

i have said it before and i shall say it again:
    papagormo wrote: »
    ..and sure its only liverpool!

unleash the Drogs on the Carra, and best a flaming luck to them!

is this before or after he pretends he is dead and has to go off the pitch for treatment, and costs us a goal while he is off.

Sure he i a decent striker but when he is in a mood he is so frustrating to watch, its too much to relay on drogba too. if you put drogbe in front of goal for ten min alongside torres torres will score more! hate to say it but tis true

is this before or after he pretends he is dead and has to go off the pitch for treatment, and costs us a goal while he is off.

Sure he i a decent striker but when he is in a mood he is so frustrating to watch, its too much to relay on drogba too. if you put drogbe in front of goal for ten min alongside torres torres will score more! hate to say it but tis true

• Advertisement

Yeah, but no.

Not the best last night.But 3 points

2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I do not know.

I would love to see a surprise Zhirkov making a start,even more so if it was instead of anelka so we played 4-5-1 with essien behind lamps and ballack behind cole and zhirkov

but then again maybe 2 strikers would be a good idea against their dodgy? ventrebacks

I hope Drogba scores 4 goals.

over the moon with the result, great preformance from a few players, essien was my MOM, halario getting MOM on sky he was good but far from MOM, Drogba was good and bad today i just wish he'd keep it more good like the setting up of the two goals, but the lying down and diving is disgracefull, i was watching the game with a liverpool fan and found a few times we were both shouting get up at drogba!

Still well done all round, lets keep it up , international break came at the wrong time me thinks.

Top of the league

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Great result. Very good controlled performance.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement