Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Well done. Good performance by Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Great result, but I didnt really enjoy the the game. We played some great passages of football which overall done over liverpool. I really thought Hilario was fantastic in goals today, plucked balls out of the air and kept it safe, fair feckin play to em.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

V9 wrote: »
    Great result, but I didnt really enjoy the the game. We played some great passages of football which overall done over liverpool. I really thought Hilario was fantastic in goals today, plucked balls out of the air and kept it safe, fair feckin play to em.
    Yeah!! Been a year since we have seen a keeper pluck the ball out of the air confidently and by the end i wasn't nervous about a keeper jumping at all, felt weird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Very happy with the performance. Ballack's pressence in the midfield really makes a difference. Last 2 game without him were shakey. Amazing to think that we can still add Cole and Zhirkov to that team today. A 4-5-1 with those two in it would be great to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I thought a draw was on the cards for this game so I'm delighted with the result. A great performance all round.

Hilario made some great saves to keep us in the match, the save from Riera's shot was excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

i know the keeper made some good clearances and saves but does anyone else not remember him almost gifting liverpool a goal from a freekick the ball was heading in with no great pace(it was ment to be a cross) at it took him forever to react, i think the ball was almost in the 6yard line before he reacted, sure he was good but not deserving of the amount of praise he is getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Was delighted with yesterdays result.
    hilario made some very good saves, was pleased for him to get a clean sheet under his belt.
    have to admit when i first seen the team sheet, seen Boswinga wasnt playing thought "oh ooh", as i wondered if Ivanovic would perform, have to say he did a great job. The stand out performances for me came in the shape of Terry and Carvalho, I thought they both did excellently yesterday.Ashley Cole put in a very daycent performance, he had Lampard helping him out too so feck all was getting past them two.

when i seen Deco, i had wondered why Malouda hadnt started instead. I was pleased to see deco doing his bit, a few passes went astray but he was probing away as best he could. Essian put in another very good performance as did Ballack. Lampard played more defensively in this game, me and a mate joked that if Ashley ever gets injured, Lampard could very near fill in for him!

Anelka and Drogba both did their bit, Anelka took his goal well, Drogba, dispite the excessive falling down nearly dead sh1te he goes on with fairly got in the Liverpools defence faces.both these can create goals as well as take them so i think they are a force to be reckoned with.

Was strange to see the bench and think, jaysus theres a few there would could come on and change the course of this game if needs be. ew had plenty of attacking players to choose from. all in all, a good result, cant fault any player throughout the course of the game, every one of them did their bit yesterday against a top 4 side, we got the result we wanted, and we got it convincingly.
    my 2 cents-happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

Very very happy ...

Ancellotti has passed the 1st big test ...

great result... great performance ... thats 1 / 4 of the big 4 beaten ...

next Aston Villa will be a tough game though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

delighted and proud to be wearing my jersey today in work and rubbing the victory in liverpool fans faces!!

would have liked to see zhirkov or cole get a run out, but you cant question a win, he made the right choices!! they'l get a run against villa hopefully instead!!

all i got off liverpool fans all saturday night was a huge torres is better than drogba debate that i fought 10 vs 1, now facebook just says "did you see torres goals? no?? neither did i!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Why didn't Bosingwa play on Sunday?

Is he injured or was Ivanovic just preferred ahead of him?

Frisbee wrote: »
    Why didn't Bosingwa play on Sunday?

Is he injured or was Ivanovic just preferred ahead of him?
    Injured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Fantastic result. Totally deserved too, Liverpool did not really threaten convincingly very often.

Highlight of game for me was, viewing the game from the West Stand, when the Scouse contingent tried to get ''Fields Of Anfield Road'' going at one point... only to be utterly shouted down by ''Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea''. Was sweet!!!

But as mentioned before, this was the first real test of Chelsea's mettle this season, and they passed the test with flying colours. Next big match is really Man Utd. on 8th November, although Villa will be tricky too.

Adrian Mutu has won an appeal to have his £15 million fine suspended temporarily.

Wonder will he get away with out paying the fine now? I'd expect a reduction at the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

glad about that.

that fine was barbaric in fairness.

While I dont think Mutu should get away without paying anything to Chelsea in this case, he was never going to be able to pay a fine of that magnitude.

In my opinion he should pay back any money he received directly from Chelsea as a result of his transfer from Parma.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Does anyone know where the £15m figure came from. Was that the reamining wages on the contract from time of termination to the the end of it?

According to this article Chelsea wanted compensation for the loss of a transfer fee & wages paid.

They were awared compensation by FIFA which Mutu appealed and lost and the fine was raised.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    glad about that.

that fine was barbaric in fairness.
    +1

So, next game Villa away , this is a very difficult game ... and another big test ... I hope Chelsea don't feel too cocky after beating Liverpool ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Yep very tough game! Hoping for the same result there as last year.

I think we will win one or two nil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Went and got my new home jersey a few days ago after a serious shortage of cash and went also to get Ricky C on the back of it, all was fine and well and I spelt out the correct name and was reassured that it was ok, they were used to printing and would be taking care of.

Went home to find CARVAHLO on the back after removing from the bag :pac: after a quick complaint and a blushing shop assistant I managed to get it done correctly.

Anyway back on topic, hoping to keep up the good result against the pool and take 3 points from Villa, I think the United game will be a tougher test then liverpool and if we come through that then that will show were we stand in the title race...at the top;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

happy days on alex signing a new deal, i think hes pretty class. if anything ever happens to terry or ricky, hes the kind of player you want in your side.(that and we cant enter into the market anytime soon!)

Villa game could be a tough one... But I would be confident in taking all three points from that game. All players seem to be playing at peak strength at the moment...

Also, anyone for giving Henrique Hilario a start in that game??? After such a towering performance against Liverpool, I think he deserves a due reward, and a start against Villa would be perfect. Also, no harm to have Cech looking over his shoulder!!! Hilario was superb against 'Pool, and for once, I did not cringe in horror at every corner/high cross that entered Chelsea's box. Anyone agree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

gavredking wrote: »
    Went home to find CARVAHLO on the back after removing from the bag
    LOL. At least they didn't print DROGBOG or BOLLICK or A. HOLE

Big game for Chelsea this weekend. Could be very close, doubt it will be a goal fest. I still recall Agbonlahor's winning header against Chelsea a few years ago. 0-1 prediction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Villa are very unpredictable this season, all over the place really, but they do tend to up their game for the big 4 and did very well against Liverpool , but I think Chelsea have had the complacency knocked out of them by wigan and should be focussed on the win. 1-2 Chelsea.

I dont think we will concede this weekend against Villa. I think we will take it 2-0 with Lamps scoring.

although if Lamps wants to wait to score against Man Utd and we win that game il take that i suppose. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

bw wrote: »
    LOL. At least they didn't print DROGBOG or BOLLICK or A. HOLE

Big game for Chelsea this weekend. Could be very close, doubt it will be a goal fest. I still recall Agbonlahor's winning header against Chelsea a few years ago. 0-1 prediction.
    I'm thanking the a. hole comment not the chelsea 0 villa 1 prediction... Just for the record, like!!!

I cannot see Villa coming close to winning that game... They crumbled badly last season at the business end of things, and I think Chelsea will just have too much for them.

Hopefully Lamps gets his second goal of the season soon... Gotta be depressing for him, Ashley Cole is outscoring him so far this season!!!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Anyone got any good recommendations for a Pub near the ground for Home fans, its 10 years since I was last there. I used to go in the White Hart, but fairly sure it's not called that anymore?

So looking for a place for a few beers before and after midweek game. Cheers.

all over .... if we can't beat Villa what chance have we against City ? - not to mention Arsenal , united and Liverpool away......

United to win the 4th in a row...

again problems in taking chances ,,,, we never can capitalise ...

5 v 12 attempts and still behind ....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

berengar wrote: »
    all over .... if we can't beat Villa what chance have we against City ? - not to mention Arsenal , united and Liverpool away......

United to win the 4th in a row...

again problems in taking chances ,,,, we never can capitalise ...

5 v 12 attempts and still behind ....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

stop talkin' $hite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Villa probably deserved to win in the end, we can't defend from set pieces. Is that partly due to a nervousness about Cech these days?

And I wish we had a few offers for Deco in the Summer, far too many missed place passes for someone who is a supposed play maker.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    And I wish we had a few offers for Deco in the Summer, far too many missed place passes for someone who is a supposed play maker.
    He was a great play maker when he first arrived. Now.... Pretty poor from him today.

For me, the jury is still out on Ivanovic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

agree about deco but he wasn't the worst today - malouda had his usual shocker. Boswinga was skinned every time and Ivanovic cant get forward as well as him. Joe cole should have been on earlier imo.

J.Cole was muck too. Get Zhirkov into the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

CHD wrote: »
    J.Cole was muck too. Get Zhirkov into the team.

Did he not come on in the 80th minute or something? Hardly an amount of time you can say if you know he was muck.

He looked bad, he is muck anyway. Wait and see, he will be dirt this year.

Joe Cole is a quality player. I really dont no why you are calling him muck.

He looked bad, he is muck anyway. Wait and see, he will be dirt this year.

heresy

the very few minutes we saw of JC today can't tell us much tbh, and we do need a winger badly. Why Deco was still on the pitch after the first half was a mystery, he couldn't make a pass most of the time and constantly lost possession.

Rubbish chelsea performance today, for all our shots on goal. Fair play to villa though, Friedel was excellent, the smothered every attack, kept drogba quiet for the mostpart and defended in numbers when required. Ancellotti seems incapable of a plan B ,which worries me .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I think premierleague.com was saying deco shone in his role behind the strikers! I didn't see the match, did we deserve to lose?

Yes, we defended set peices like a bad u-12 Sunday league team.

Yes, we defended set peices like a bad u-12 Sunday league team.

Don't forget we took them like a bad u-12 Sunday league team aswell.
    Thought we did okay today, created a lot of chances. Poor finishing and the aforementioned set piece defending let us down. I never expect a good result from us when its (a) an early kick off (b) just after an international break or (c) at Villa Park. Put them together and it was always gonna end one way. Put it behind us and bounce back against Atletico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I understand about after the international break with so many international players, and I understand at Villa Park but what's up with the early kickoff?

I dunno, maybe thats just me. Hate early kick-offs. Plus thats 2 losses in that new away kit.

selpher wrote: »
    I dunno, maybe thats just me. Hate early kick-offs. Plus thats 2 losses in that new away kit.
    I think it was more the flaaping under crosses from Cech and the absolutely pathetic marking at corners, The Villa players had a field day in our box. Chelsea players were flat footed and just allowed them to run free in the box.

I really think Cech has to be replaced. Zhirkov needs a run instead of Malouda. 4-5-1 will see us incredibly tough to beat with the talent we have for it.Lampard is wasted in the diamond, one of the worlds best and he is just another player in our formation. Unfortnately Ancelotti needs to make this his own team and we will suffer for it.

• Advertisement

I think premierleague.com was saying deco shone in his role behind the strikers! I didn't see the match, did we deserve to lose?

on balance yes, we had a lot of shots on target but Friedel did his usual excellent job, poor marking, no one running into the box, dreadful set piece taking and shambolic marking.

We just werent clinical enough in front of goal. Anelka and Deco noth missed one on ones that should have been stuck away, they were both straight at Friedel.

Lads, with January coming up fast and Drogba, Essien, Kalou , Mikel all going to th African Nations Cup what do you reckon or strongest starting 11 available will be?

I was having this discussion with a buddy and we struggled to think of the diamond working.

Possible best 11 W/ Diamond :

Cech
    Bosingwa Terry Carvalho Cole
    Belletti
    Lampard Ballack / Malouda
    Deco / Cole
    Anelka Di Santo / Sturridge

I think up front we are stuck for options at the moment looking at without Drogba and Kalou.

Maybe 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 would work if we went with :

Cech
    Bosingwa Terry Carvalho Cole
    Lampard Ballack
    Cole Deco Malouda
    Anelka

On the balance of things I think the 4-5-1 option would be better option as Zhirkov could slot instead of Malouda also. I know its only October but surely Ancelotti has to be thinking of this.

Cech
    Bosingwa Terry Cavalho Cole
    Beletti
    Ballack Riberry
    Lampard
    Anelka

bw wrote: »
    Cech
    Bosingwa Terry Cavalho Cole
    Beletti