Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

gavredking wrote: »
    :confused: eh FIFA transfer ban???? :confused:

....to name just one of the reasons why he won't be playing at stamford bridge any time soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

bw wrote: »
    Cech
    Bosingwa Terry Cavalho Cole
    Beletti
    Ballack Riberry
    Lampard
    Anelka

i admire your confidence in our chelsea boys, not only can we cope without the players mentioned earlier, we can even afford to field a 10 man team! (including an unsigned Riberry)

Cech
    Bosingwa Terry Cavalho Cole
    Beletti
    Ballack Lampard Malouda
    Deco/Cole
    Anelka

alternatively, take off Belletti and throw on Di Santo up with Anelka front for the sh!ts and giggles, no better time to see what hes made of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

jaysus lads ... sure if we can't beat Villa or Wigan !!!

i mean ??

WTF ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

berengar wrote: »

i mean ??

WTF ??
    Jackdaw's position was retired when he was banned. No need to try replace him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

:confused: eh FIFA transfer ban???? :confused:

t'was a joke old boy

and in my edit i put too few players in..

who ?

who ?

well in the shell of a nut here, our "jackjaw" used to post here every now and then and confuse simple aul folk such as meself from time to time.

as in- one minute he was chelsea's uber fan, chelsea were god, every other team were useless, but if there was a blip or two in 90mins, the world was fuct, the manager should be sacked, we are doomed to relegation, all the players had suddenly become useless in the space of a game etc etc.

so when CHD seen:

i mean ??

WTF ??

my guess here is CHD's reply saying:
    CHD wrote: »
    Jackdaw's position was retired when he was banned. No need to try replace him.

was a gentle nudge suggesting we here dont mind reading/posting criticisms,(hell, it needs to be said sometimes) so long as its constructive criticism and not "jackjaw"ish in its nature.

yano yersel..anyways, hope iv managed to clear things up there, if ive managed to mis-read the situation completely, by all means CHD and Beranger, feel free to correct me.

on the chelsea vain: no Boswinga for tomorrow night, hope thats not a serious problem.

Nah ya have it in one. The ZOMG WE BE TERRIBULZ after losing a game is incredibly tilting and stupid, people posting these kinda things can't really think that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

papagormo wrote: »
    on the chelsea vain: no Boswinga for tomorrow night, hope thats not a serious problem.

It's tough on Bosingwa, just got done with his suspension & is out injured for the first CL game he is eligible for. Ivanovic is more than capable as a replacement.

On a more positive note Alex should be okay to play on Saturday if required. He came through a reserve team game on Monday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

CHD wrote: »
    Nah ya have it in one. The ZOMG WE BE TERRIBULZ after losing a game is incredibly tilting and stupid, people posting these kinda things can't really think that way.

Jackdaw was great at it though. Convinced that his superstitious actions led to every bad Chelsea result

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Berengar seems to stay in the we're **** camp and is not as entertaining as jackdaw was. A poor man's jackdaw

hehe ... nah i wouldn't be that negative ... some people know from my past on this forum i used to vent by insulting rival teams ... etc ... really lowly and immaturely ... .

now i just do it to my own !! :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Predictions for tonight lads? I think we will win comfortable really, Atletico for there amazing attacking options are piss poor at defending. 3-1 im going for. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

2 - 1, and thankfully the last game of Drogba's ban.

I'll go for a messy 1-0 win ...

hopefully saving our real football for the business end of this tournament..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

tough to call for me. I know Atletico have been terrible but they have a very potent strike force. Hopefully the defence will improve over saturdays showing.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Jackdaw was great at it though. Convinced that his superstitious actions led to every bad Chelsea result
    He was original, so acceptable. No dount he will make it back for next season.

It's about time we hockey someone , can see that happening tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ricardo on the bench.

Belletti at RB, wasnt expecting that. 2-1 I reckon.

• Advertisement

Someone make a match thread I'm too lazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Great to see the match on RTE , 2-0 win methinks.

Barr wrote: »
    Great to see the match on RTE , 2-0 win methinks.

Thank the Russian winter, the fact Man Utd. had to play at half 5 meant the good people of RTE had no choice.

3-0 nil up and we are looking well daycent. kalou missed a few sitters, but then scored a few sitters so all is forgiven. lampard blasted home the third, didnt field a full strength side, i feel we didnt play a full throttle, but we eased past their offside trap nicely so job well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I'm going to the big game of the season next week, Bolton in the Carling Cup. The ticket everyone wants!!! Still, should be a laugh and good to see a few of the young lads playing and seeing Stamford Bridge again.

• Advertisement

you are one lucky bastid:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

4-0... I love it. Makes up for the weekend result. Still, should secure another 3 points on Saturday against Blackburn. But tonight was good. Didn't even break a sweat and they could have won 6-0, if Kalou had gotten the finger out earlier.

And... Hopefully Lamps has found his scoring shoes at last!!! Super, Super Frank...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I think Lampard benefitted coming from deep as opposed to playing behind the two strikers.

Maybe Carlo will start playin Cole in the hole and lampard in the middle... could work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

was a good result but jesus what is essien at? he could havebroken legs with 2 tackles if he had of been a small bit higher, the second tackle i winced i thought his ankle was a goner, he really really needs to cut it out every other game it happens! he is a great player and asset to our team but he will wreck somebodys carrer with one of them tackles someday, anyways great result for us, was hopefull of the win to win 4-0 was a bonus and the fact lampards goal wasnt deflected was also a bonus, bring on blackburn!

If Essien was aiming to hurt the players he would have. Nothing in it imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Shoulda brought Cole on..needs some gain time..Great win though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

According to SSN we have applied to have the transfer ban suspended, also Kakuta has also applied for his suspensioon to be lifted.

According to SSN we have applied to have the transfer ban suspended, also Kakuta has also applied for his suspensioon to be lifted.

That was always going to happen but the CAS had already said that the decision on Chelsea's case would be decided by mid December. This appeal wont make a difference if they stick to their word unless they quash the transfer ban altogether & I can't see that happening.

Link

mudokon wrote: »
    That was always going to happen but the CAS had already said that the decision on Chelsea's case would be decided by mid December. This appeal wont make a difference if they stick to their word unless they quash the transfer ban altogether & I can't see that happening.

Link

All very convoluted isn't it. I heard the CAS have not even got a date in their calender to hear the appeal and that it could even be after Christmas (one of the reporters on SSN today was waffling on about it). The BBC are saying CAS will tell them in early November whether their request to have any ban suspended is agreed or not. If the ban is suspended they will apparently be able to sign players in January.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8319573.stm

All very :confused: to me.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    All very convoluted isn't it. I heard the CAS have not even got a date in their calender to hear the appeal and that it could even be after Christmas (one of the reporters on SSN today was waffling on about it). The BBC are saying CAS will tell them in early November whether their request to have any ban suspended is agreed or not. If the ban is suspended they will apparently be able to sign players in January.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8319573.stm

All very :confused: to me.

Having very little information to go on makes it confusing alright. I'd guess that the ban will be suspended pending the hearing but you never know with these things.

I'd rather the ban takes effect immediately and if it gets reduced to 1 transfer window then at least we are in the clear for next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Essien is the best midfielder in the world! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

what a difference a Joe cole makes to how chelsea play, i think he single handedly inspired that attacking mentality and performance. Everytime he got the ball he was looking to attac, every time frank, essien or ballacks had the ball he was running forward and almost forcing the rest of them to go with him unlike the last few weeks when nobody seemed to want to run and were content to pass it around the centre circle all day.

Fair enough blackburn were atrocious and few decent teams will give us that kind of space, but the change of attitude that JC inspired will hopefully continue.

and, regards Robinson, he made a t least 3 excellent saves in that game and he can't be held responosible for their woeful defending that allowed chelsea to get in the box or shoot at will, if it hadn't been for him it would have been 8+

Was a cracking game against Blackburn. An almost perfect footballing performance, but against incredibly poor opposition, it has to be said. Any team with more teeth will put up a better fight.

Was delighted to see Joe Cole back in action again. Played superbly and was SOOOOO unlucky not to get on the scoresheet after 30 seconds. I was so disappointed that he didn't score, it would have been the perfect re-entry for him.

Also, good to see Lampard getting a couple away, get his confidence boosted back up again.

Petr Cech let himself be chipped late on (wouldn't have made much difference if B'burn had scored, but wouldn't have been pleasant to see), but once again, JT steamed in and heads off the line.

All results this weekend really favoured Chelsea, so was a great weekend and our goal difference got a proper boost too!!!

''We're the West Side, We're the West Side, We're the West Side of The Shed...'':D

DazMarz wrote: »

''We're the West Side, We're the West Side, We're the West Side of The Shed...'':D

even had the east and west stands doing "the bouncy" , must be a first. great atmosphere

• Advertisement

growler wrote: »
    even had the east and west stands doing "the bouncy" , must be a first. great atmosphere

It took that fúcking shower (west and east stand) AGES to get going!!! A proper nutter about two rows in front of me kept going mental every 30 seconds... It was amazing! He was the one who started ''West Stand, giz a song, West Stand, giz a song...'' Finally the fúckers did!!! Tea and biscuit brigade them... Shed is where it's at, baby! Row 5, Seat 157... Oh yeah! :D

Upcoming Double-Bolton games; first in Carling Cup, then League.

Stamford Bridge for CC, Reebok for PL.

I reckon 2-0 in CC game.

3-1 in PL game. Joey Cole will score his first Prem goal of the season here!!!

He's here, he's there, he's every-f*cking-where, Joey Cole! Joey Cole!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

DazMarz wrote: »
    Shed is where it's at, baby! Row 5, Seat 157... Oh yeah! :D

Not the same since they got rid of the white wall!

iregk wrote: »
    Not the same since they got rid of the white wall!

Matthew Harding any day, for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Two best areas in the bridge are the harding end and the top tier of the shed. Both are mainly season ticket areas. The lower tier of the shed are the day trippers and the non fans who bought tickets because the away fans didn't take their full allocation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Tonight against Bolton. Hilario in a goal; a defence of Juliano Belletti, Alex, Branislav Ivanovic and Paulo Ferreira; in midfield Michael Ballack, Deco, Florent Malouda and Joe Cole, and up front, Salomon Kalou and Daniel Sturridge.

The subs are: Ross Turnbull, Jeffrey Bruma, Nemanja Matic, Michael Essien, Frank Lampard, Fabio Borini and Didier Drogba.

Apparently Sturridge has been held back because of a bad attitude in training,they have had a word to him. The players like him but his perception of him regarding himself a world class footballer is not going down well with Ancellotti and co.

Would have like to have seen Ross Turnbull, Jeffrey Bruma and Nemanja Matic all start.

HT 2-0 Kalou and Malouda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Where is Zhirkov? will he be back before A.Cole?

• Advertisement

Zhirkov injured again, Deco has made it 3-0. Sturridge missed two sitters, Drogba on for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement