Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I think the astronomical bid made for kaka was before deco came, so you should be happy topnutz.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Makelele and SWP wont play that often i imagine.Lampard could still leave.Not too worried at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

I think the astronomical bid made for kaka was before deco came, so you should be happy topnutz.

Makes more sense alright. I think our midfield should be ok this season, Lamps or not. Does Deco play wide at all, or just central?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Chelsea next year?

Cech

Boswinga---Carvahlo---Terry---A.Cole

Essien
    Deco
    Ballack

Robinho
    J.Cole/Malouda
    Drogba/Eto'o

Subs: Cudicini, Bridge, Alex, Mikel, SWP, Kalou, Nicolas Anelka
    Backup: Belleti, Branislav Ivanović, Ben-Haim, Pizzaro, Schevchenko

Makelele to PSG maybe
    Lampard to Inter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

id say thats most accurate going by current rumours, just swicth j.cole and robinho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i tend not to support/follow teams from the UK... no particular reason really, but with that line-up i'm madly intrigued by chelsea. i would actually make an effort to watch their games... something man utd. couldn't get me to do. i just want to see how deco and ballack work together tbh :D

Chelsea next year?

Cech

Boswinga---Carvahlo---Terry---A.Cole

Essien
    Deco
    Ballack

Robinho
    J.Cole/Malouda
    Drogba/Eto'o

No complaints there anyway, Id be very happy with this line up, just switch the wingers is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

wierd. Chelsea have been one of the clubs filling the headlines in recent days yet there's no activity here.

anyway, interesting proposition here
    Frank Lampard's future remains uncertain after sources in Italy claimed Internazionale are preparing to offer Chelsea a part-exchange deal of £15m plus the Brazil striker Adriano.

Luiz Felipe Scolari last week stated his intention to keep Lampard at Stamford Bridge after the club rejected a bid from Inter worth £7.95m. But a source close to the new Chelsea manager says he is concerned that the situation has now become irretrievable, with Lampard continuing to refuse a new four-year contract reported to be worth £140,000 a week. Last week, Inter director Gabriele Oriali said: 'What is certain is the player wants strongly to come to Inter.'

The proposed new offer of a higher fee plus Adriano, is understood to be attractive to Scolari, who wants a quick resolution. 'Scolari wanted to build a midfield with Lampard alongside Deco and doesn't see any problem having both players in his ideal starting XI,' one Italian insider said. 'But he believes other people with interests in the transfer taking place are continuing to talk.'

The part-exchange deal, which would reunite Lampard with José Mourinho at the San Siro, is believed to appeal to Scolari after Real Madrid refused to negotiate over his preferred Brazilian striker, Robinho. Adriano is not part of the former Chelsea manager's plans despite the striker regaining his form last season during a six-month loan spell at São Paulo, where he scored 17 goals in 28 matches.

'Mourinho and Adriano have met and talked, but I can't say how this meeting went,' the striker's agent, Gilmar Rinaldi, told Observer Sport. 'The player is flying back from Rio de Janeiro to Milan next week, as the pre-season starts on Wednesday. I will neither confirm nor deny that he will be exchanged for Lampard.'

personally i'd jump at that if i were a CFC head. Lamps has been nothing but a destabilizing influence with his ongoing contract negotiations and press talk, and Adriano could be quality if he works with the right coaching staff, and i'm sure Scolari being Brazilian would be a boon to getting the best out of him.

think there's any truth to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Slight Rule Change Folks!

This thread is for team talk, Gossip and Rumours. This thread is open for all users to post in. There are no preferences for fans of any team.

Please note the following Rules:

1. NO MATCH DISCUSSIONS
    - Match threads will be created for matches/match weeks where required.
    - Match discussion will be deleted.

2. Transfers.
    - When a major transfer occurs, please post in the specific thread
    - We will merge/split discussion on requests
    - We will delete transfer discussion that continues here while a tangent thread is in progress.

3. Users who repeatedly ignore these guidelines will receive warnings/bans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

there's more rumours in the press today linking Wayne Bridge with a £5m move to Pompey. I really rated him in his early days, but he has been out of the team for a while and I guess he is looking to resurrect his England career.

Is he the player he was three years ago or has he gone downhill? do you think Chelsea would miss him? is this the moce Bridge needs to get his england place back?

its a brave move for Bridge if it comes off, lets just say there is not a lot of love for him from the pompey fans so it will be interesting to see what happens. If he knuckles down and plays well, then he should be accepted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I'd hate to see him leave, I think he is a damn good full back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

there's more rumours in the press today linking Wayne Bridge with a £5m move to Pompey. I really rated him in his early days, but he has been out of the team for a while and I guess he is looking to resurrect his England career.

Is he the player he was three years ago or has he gone downhill? do you think Chelsea would miss him? is this the moce Bridge needs to get his england place back?

its a brave move for Bridge if it comes off, lets just say there is not a lot of love for him from the pompey fans so it will be interesting to see what happens. If he knuckles down and plays well, then he should be accepted.

IMO, there isn't much between him and Ca$hley, and on a fair few occasions he has shown him up. However, Bridge had the misfortune of not being transferred in from a Top 4 side, and isn't seen as a glamour player. Therefore, he will always take a back seat to Ca$hley.

I would be more than happy to have him up at Newcastle. £5 mil would be a steal imo.

Wayne Bridge would have been 1st choice at Chelsea on for being dogged with injuries. Ashley Cole has seemingly found his form now and will be picked ahead of Bridge. He's a top full back and professional and would be a great signing for any club imo. £5M is a steal for this player and Pompey should snap him up if its true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

£5 million would be an absolute steal for a solid full back like Bridge, I would imagine there would be afew clubs interested if that price is correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

There goes that rumour, must be happy out playing scond fiddle to Ca$hly.
    Chelsea left-back Wayne Bridge has agreed a new contract that will keep him at the club until 2012.

Bridge had been linked with a £5million move to Portsmouth but the England defender ended any doubt over his future by pledging his future to the Champions League finalists.

"I'm just happy. I love it at Chelsea - the lads, the staff, everybody. I'm happy to be here, hopefully for the next four years," he said.

Bridge has made 130 appearances for Chelsea since arriving from Southampton for £7million in 2003.

The 27-year-old started just nine games last season as he continued his battle for the left-back duties with club and international colleague Ashley Cole.

But the rivalry with Cole and his place in the pecking order has not diminished his enthusiasm for life at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari said: "I'm very pleased that Wayne has committed his future to Chelsea.

"I have been here only a few days but have seen that he is one of the best professionals at the club. I very much like his playing style."

Bridge agreed the new contract last month, before the arrival of Scolari.

However, the deal was completed with Scolari's knowledge with the decision being made to delay the announcement until the Brazilian began work at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon said: "We're delighted that Wayne has committed himself to Chelsea for the next four years.

"He's a key member of the squad and we are fortunate at Chelsea that we have the two best left-backs in England.

"That is a source of pride to us."

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3822963,00.html

Thats great news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Just on SSN that Makelele will have a medical at PSG tomorrow.

Good Stuff!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

One of, if not the besr and most important of all the Abramovich era signings. Wish him well. Maybe this means we'll see a lot more of Mikel next season. Hopefully Maka passed on some of his wisdom to him.
    Well Scolari said he wants to work with 24/25 players next season, Who else will go? Most likeky:

Boulahrouz
    Pizzaro
    Ben-haim
    Belletti

Maybe Swp or Malouda too and of course theres still a chance Frank will go too.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jul/19/premierleague.serieafootball
    Chelsea appear set to sign the Milan playmaker Kaka for a world-record €100m (£79.3m) after discussions took place this week, with both clubs and the Brazil international keen for a deal to go through. Sources at Stamford Bridge have confirmed that Chelsea are targeting the 26-year-old and it is understood that Milan are inclined to accept a bid of €100m tabled this week.
    :eek:

• Advertisement

Well thats a joke shelling out that much money. As good as Kaka is he isnt worth £80M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Kaka doesn't scare me massively in terms of the PL. He has never been amazingly consistant throughout the season. It will make them the favorites for the CL instantly though.

Personally I'd kinda like this to happen in a way, as I think it would make Ronaldo more likely to stay in the long run. Also watching top players is always great, and I've always wanted CHelsea to be an attractive footballing team. They are going to be amazing no matter what, they might as well be good to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Kaka is shockingly inconsistent, just like Zidane was for Juve, and Milan became to reliant on him and last year it showed. Not sure he's a great signing and it sends a bad message to offer so much

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Kaka is shockingly inconsistent, just like Zidane was for Juve, and Milan became to reliant on him and last year it showed. Not sure he's a great signing and it sends a bad message to offer so much

True, but god I'd love to have Kaka there next season, I hope they really are in talks and maybe the fee has been exaggerated a little, but anythings possible I suppose, they are very determined to sign him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

As a United fan I would love to see Kaka join the Premiership even if it is with Chelsea, a league with players like Ronaldo, Rooney,Tevez, Fabregas, Torres, Kaka ,Ballack and Deco, yes please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

andrewie wrote: »
    Just on SSN that Makelele will have a medical at PSG tomorrow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7516798.stm

so that's Maka gone then, guess he was at the end of his top flight days anyway, great player and servant to the club, even managed to score a goal once despite usually missing the target by a 20+ yards most times.

and Cech has signed a new 5 year contract too.

meanwhile the Robinho saga continues
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7516932.stm

reading, optimistically, between th lines I'm thinking this is looking more and more likely now :-)

Now if Ronaldo would just do the decent thing and leave Utd for pastures new and far away ........ :cool:

the latest word on the Kaka thing is that Chelsea have upped there bid. Italian papers are saying around €150million. I'm really struggling to believe that...

Actually, i forgot Kenyon today has denied Chelsea are in for Kaka. but he confirmed they have interest in Robinho.

i'd rather see Robinho than Kaka tbh, even though i rate Kaka higher. i just don't think Kaka will be as successful in the EPL. his inconsistency domestically makes me think he'll struggle to keep in the right frame of mind to put up with the physicality of the English defenders.

Ah great news, Essian signs 5 year deal.
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1348425,00.html

And Boula off to stuttgart.
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1348061,00.html

Roll on 1;00 tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

All these 5 year deals must really be annoying Lampard. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

selpher wrote: »
    Ah great news, Essian signs 5 year deal.
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1348425,00.html

And Boula off to stuttgart.
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1348061,00.html

Roll on 1;00 tomorrow.

boula was mostly shocking for chelsea but played like he knew how to defend in the Euro's , thought he may have been kept on to see if his EPL form was a blip, guess Scolari has other ideas.

growler wrote: »
    thought he may have been kept on to see if his EPL form was a blip,

he was never good enough for the Premiership, well certainly not for a top half team. he's a good tackler, but that's about it. his positioning and intelligence are subpar imo, and he's not good enough on the ball either. 10million was a ridiculous amount to spend on him, but i'm just as equally stunned they managed to recoup 4 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

So how did Scolari set up his Chelsea team yesterday? 4-5-1 with wingers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

CHD wrote: »
    Well thats a joke shelling out that much money. As good as Kaka is he isnt worth £80M.

What does it matter though when your owner has unlimited funds and is intent on buying the league/european cup.

I cant wait to see Fergie's big red head about too burst next season when Chelsea are ahead of them in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Did you not make that exact comment about Fergie in the other thread! At least be original ;)

On another point, havent really been following Chelsea's pre-season, has Scolari had any games yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

I cant wait to see Fergie's big red head about too burst next season when Chelsea are ahead of them in the league.

Your spelling leaves a lot to be desired to be honest.

roryc wrote: »
    Did you not make that exact comment about Fergie in the other thread! At least be original ;)

On another point, havent really been following Chelsea's pre-season, has Scolari had any games yet?
    Yeah yesterday Chelsea beat Guangzhou 4-0 Di Satano, SWP , Lamps and Kalou scored.

pvt.joker banned for 2nd yellow card offence.

SofaK wrote: »
    So how did Scolari set up his Chelsea team yesterday? 4-5-1 with wingers?

In the first half it looked like a 4-4-2 diamond, with Mikel holding and Lampard in the more advanced role. Deco seemed to fit in very well, played some nice stuff. Anelka and Kalou looked pretty good too.
    Second half lots of subs, switched to 4-3-3 and it looked like we finished with a 4-2-1-3.
    Although poor opposition and only a friendly we played some decent stuff. Cashley and Bosingwa constantly down the wings (till he went off with a knock.)
    And we got to finally see Ivanovic and Di Santo.
    All in all a good days work.

selpher wrote: »
    In the first half it looked like a 4-4-2 diamond, with Mikel holding and Lampard in the more advanced role. Deco seemed to fit in very well, played some nice stuff. Anelka and Kalou looked pretty good too.
    Second half lots of subs, switched to 4-3-3 and it looked like we finished with a 4-2-1-3.
    Although poor opposition and only a friendly we played some decent stuff. Cashley and Bosingwa constantly down the wings (till he went off with a knock.)
    And we got to finally see Ivanovich and Di Santo.
    All in all a good days work.
    Such a over the hill team isnt it :rolleyes:

I like the look of Di Satano. Kalou is only getting better, as is Mikel. Bosingwa and Cole flying up and down the flanks this year will be lethal.Roll on the new season!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

It looks like Lampard doesn't get to leave before his contract expires then. I wonder what his motivation will be like this season.

Portsmouth midfielder Sulley Muntari is expected to complete a £12.7m move to Inter Milan on Thursday.
    The 23-year-old Ghana international has agreed a four-year contract with the Italian champions.
    The signing suggests that Inter boss Jose Mourinho has given up hope of signing Frank Lampard this summer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/7523278.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I would have thought that they are maybe signing Muntari as a long term replacement for Viera

SWP, Kalou and Anelka playing well together against Chengdu Blades.

After half an hour its 2-0 Anelka and Kalou with the goals.

The trio constantly changing positions and looking dangerous everytime they go forward.

Lampard with the third goal on 38 minutes.

Half Time

Chengdu 0 - 7 Chelsea

Chelsea

(4-3-3): Cech (Hilario 60); Ferreira (Ivanovic h-t), Alex (Carvalho h-t), Terry (c) (J Cole 53), A Cole (Bridge h-t); Deco, Essien, Lampard (Mikel h-t); Wright-Phillips, Anelka (Di Santo 60), Kalou (Malouda h-t).

Goals: SWP,Di Santo, Anelka, Cole 2, Lampard, Kalou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Chengdu 0 - 7 Chelsea

Chelsea

(4-3-3): Cech (Hilario 60); Ferreira (Ivanovic h-t), Alex (Carvalho h-t), Terry (c) (J Cole 53), A Cole (Bridge h-t); Deco, Essien, Lampard (Mikel h-t); Wright-Phillips, Anelka (Di Santo 60), Kalou (Malouda h-t).

Goals: SWP,Di Santo, Anelka, Cole 2, Lampard, Kalou

How was Deco?

Is it lining up in a 4-3-3 formation? Who played where?

Didn't watch it but yeah it was 4-3-3. Scolari's version apparently.

Anelka played well with a goal and 2 assists and looked very lively.Di Santo came on for him after an hour an gave another good performance.

From what i gather Deco didn't do anything special but gave a good performance.

Took Terry off for J.Cole and played Essien RB and put Ivanovic CB just for the sake of it. Better keep Essien MC this year.

SWP and Malouda giving good performances also.

Started like this and stayed that way

1 Petr Cech
    20 Paulo Ferreira
    33 Alex
    26 John Terry (c)
    3 Ashley Cole
    20 Deco
    5 Michael Essien
    8 Frank Lampard
    24 Shaun Wright-Phillips
    39 Nicolas Anelka
    21 Salomon Kalou.

Essien holding the midfield.

Anelka the lone striker obv. and SWP and Kalou playing on the wings.

Same old 4-3-3 excuse of a 4-5-1

Subs then slotted in as seen below.

Thought Deco, Anelka, Joey and Di Santo looked great today.Deco slots in perfectly in the midfield.. Be interesting to see how Ballack fits in when he plays.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement