Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

cheers for the info on Sturridge smuckers, been wondering what the story was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

4-0 Drogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

3 games, 13 goals scored, 0 conceded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

CHD wrote: »
    Would have like to have seen Ross Turnbull, Jeffrey Bruma and Nemanja Matic all start.

well at least Turnbull got a good run tonight, hope hilario is ok , looked like concussion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I'll say one thing for Hilario, any time he has been called upon he has been fantastic, very reassuring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Great stuff... Hopefully a preview of Saturday's clash

Hilario deserves to start more, really. SAVAGE keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I don't agree but he has been good in the last two matches he's been called upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

great to see us put a few big winning margin games together in a row!!
    delighted for Kalou also, he knows well he wont start in the league for us so its good he's grabbing any chances he's getting!!

i thought before the season started that zhirkov was going to be brilliant, now id be happy if he gets a game before xmas!!

did matic or bruma get any game time??

no, neither got on , still think we need to see a bit more of the russian zhirkov too

long way to go I guess

Players like Zhirkov and Joe Cole who are coming back from injury will prove their worth in January, especially if that b.s. FIFA ban is not lifted. With The Bison missing from midfield, it will take the men to stand up and offer their talents to the club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

DazMarz wrote: »
    Players like Zhirkov and Joe Cole who are coming back from injury will prove their worth in January, especially if that b.s. FIFA ban is not lifted. With The Bison missing from midfield, it will take the men to stand up and offer their talents to the club.

Ah now its hardly a B.S. ban, we were wrong in the way we went about siging him, didn't deserve such a long ban (i'd say it will be shortened) but we did do wrong and don't deserve to get away with it, only thing is FIFA better give the same treatment to every club who does it.

Agree though with cole comming back it will lessen the load on jan but still we don't need any injuries, we will get through it though.

77 bloody loyalty points for the game at the emirates , feck, i have 73 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Hi lads, would there be any interest in throwing in a Boards Chelsea team into the Gearoid Walsh tourney?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I might be able to play. Will see what happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Hi lads, would there be any interest in throwing in a Boards Chelsea team into the Gearoid Walsh tourney?

I'm not in Dublin so I can't make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Lovely gol by Deco...2-0 up

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Ivanovic or og? Couldn't see it too well

Class pure class! 4-0

superb finish by drogba 4-0

Ivanovic has been outstnading so has Anelka.

• Advertisement

Think it was an 0g

Lovely jubly.

C'mon Blackburn!

Top of the League!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

We've got Blackburn in the carling cup now. Not too bad given the rest of the teams left in it.

Who's a pretty boy then? Great result, made all the greater by the bets I had on it!!! :D

Plus... It sets up next Sunday's little encounter very nicely!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The big one next week! I'm already nervous thinking about it but confident. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Beat United next week and Chelsea will look even more likely.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Jackdaw was great at it though. Convinced that his superstitious actions led to every bad Chelsea result
    Turns out he was Jackdaw :pac:

So are we going to hockey United or just beat them?

Let's not go wild. I can't see us hockeying them... 2-1 or so will be my estimate.

It does have to be said though, apart from one or two stutter steps this season, Chelsea have been by far the best side in the Prem.

United are sorely missing Ronaldo and Tevez. Yes, still winning games, but nowhere near as threatening as they were with those two.

Chelsea should win, but they will not hockey United.

I'm the over confident annoying Chelsea fan on here DazMarz. IMO we will hockey them ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

CHD wrote: »
    I'm the over confident annoying Chelsea fan on here DazMarz. IMO we will hockey them ;)

I'm somewhat skeptical and cautious and I also think we will hockey them...

That's the stuff. Form goes out the window in these games usually and anything can happen. But for a change we are playing well in every department and can deal with everything United throw at us. Our backline and DM should deal with there attack and our attack should exploit there backline who are under-performing.

I predict a Lampard and Drogba inspired 3-0 victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

yeah in big games form goes out the window (liverpool beat united and the pool are hardly an in-form team right now in fairness!) id say we should get the better of them, im throwing 3-0 out there:
    ivanovic
    ivanovic
    drogba

now thats confidence for ya!

I say we give them the biggest thumping they've had in a long time :p

i will accept nothing other than an absolute spanking for utd!!

we are playing too bloody well, I honestly think on every position on the pitch we have better players, none of their lot would get into our starting line up, and that includes rooney!!

spanking!!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    i will accept nothing other than an absolute spanking for utd!!

spanking!!

Much as i'd love to see them whipped at the bridge I'll take a 1-0, 93rd minute win, scored with a lampard penalty after a dubious tumbel from Drogba

that said a 4-0, Drogba hat trick and Terry last minute header (after scholes has been sent off) would also suffice.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I dont care how we win as long as we get 3 points from them. Put us in a great position for the next couple of games. With City only getting a draw last night that kind of dents them if they cant take 3 points at Biringham(they were lucky not to lose)

For my fantasr football team id love Chelsea to beat them 3-0, lampard hat trick and Drogba to assist them all :pac: but as I said 3points is the main objective regardless of performance or how we do it.

As was mentioned above, we are superior all over the pitch then United, its amazing what Carlo has done given relatively the same players failed to do anything against the fellow big 4 last year under Scolari, it shows what a top class manager means to a team for motiviation and attitude and man management. Like Hiddink i believe carlo will bring us that extra "special" dimension that has been mssing the last few years. For anybody to win the premiership this year they will have to finish above us ;)

Ha, no shortage of confidence, which is good!!!:D

As said above, once we get the 3 points off the scumbags, who cares really? Dont have to be pretty, but whatever!

It is true that Chelsea have been by far one of the best teams in the League so far, being more unlucky or perhaps caught unawares against fúcking Wigan and fúcking Villa (I'm not bitter at all:rolleyes:).

It is also very true...Whoever finishes above Chelsea this season will win the League. And hopefully nobody will be above us!

Chelsea to do a League/CL Double!!! Come on!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Can't wait for Sunday but am nervous about our defending.

Also, which would you prefer to win, CL or PL? Dont say both. For me its the PL, Europe os great for a year but then its forgotten about IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Also, which would you prefer to win, CL or PL? Dont say both. For me its the PL, Europe os great for a year but then its forgotten about IMO

Why not both??

I want Chelsea to win the PL because after winning it twice we've been outdone by United three feckin times since.

I want Chelsea to win the CL because its the holy grail for us at the moment. European Champions.

I want both.. and this is the year.

As much as I'd love Chelsea to win everything they go near, I think that I'd prefer them to win the Champions League much more than anything else. So close yet so far has seemed to be the recurring theme with us in Europe over the last 5-6 seasons. So I'd sincerely hope this year we end the years of waiting and bring the European Crown back to London.

• Advertisement

I want us to win the CL really badly, we are probably the only team that don't have one that deserve one. BUT imo the PL is the main thing, that's the competition you play 38 games in against the top teams in your country. If we don't win the CL it will be in heartbreak fashion no doubt but having the PL beats the CL, only just.

Two years now, we have suffered two of the worst, most soul-destroying and awful near-misses in the Champions League. I think we need the CL more... But also, the PL is there for us to lose as well, and we cannot drop the ball on that either. A PL and CL double!!!:D excellent.

Throw in the FA Cup too and we can equal Barca and the Mancs!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

DazMarz wrote: »
    ... But also, the PL is there for us to lose as well....

Heh, i duno how you work that out, jan will be a real tester for us, i sencerly hope we come through the africian cup of nations still in first place but in no way is the Premier League there for us to lose we are about 1/3 of the way through the season, we are 2 points ahead of united, 5 ahead of arsenal (who still have a game at hand).

Me i still think winning the PL should be a priority for us, with ManU not playing well its a great chance for us to regain it, i say bring them on at the weekend, i think once we seem to get our first goal we are more comfortable so hopefully we will score first.

Can't wait for Sunday but am nervous about our defending.

I would prefere to win the champions league this year, purely so that we can then stop worrying about it, and that people will get off our backs about having not won it, then we can focus on winning the league again next season without the champs league being our main focus and then finally when the ban is over we can start building a team for the future knowing were champions league winners!!

While I agree with CHD's & DazMar's comments about being a team that has deserved a CL trophy while not winning it & going out of the competition in the most agonising of ways I would still take winning the league over the CL.

The Times was saying yesterday that Vidic, Ferdinand & Giggs could all be out for Sunday. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

mudokon wrote: »
    The Times was saying yesterday that Vidic, Ferdinand & Giggs could all be out for Sunday. :D

Drogba will run riot if those two are missing, can't wait

eddiehead wrote: »

Me too, him & Anelka up against Brown & Evans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Vidic should be fit, Evans is a suitable replacement for an out of form Rio. In fact, I think that was the central defensive partnership in Old Trafford last season ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Heh, i duno how you work that out, jan will be a real tester for us, i sencerly hope we come through the africian cup of nations still in first place but in no way is the Premier League there for us to lose we are about 1/3 of the way through the season, we are 2 points ahead of united, 5 ahead of arsenal (who still have a game at hand).

Me i still think winning the PL should be a priority for us, with ManU not playing well its a great chance for us to regain it, i say bring them on at the weekend, i think once we seem to get our first goal we are more comfortable so hopefully we will score first.

Chelsea Fixtures during the African cup;

F.A Cup Third Round – Sat/Sun, 02/03 January
    League Cup Semi Final 1st Leg – Tues/Weds, 05/06 January
    Hull City (A) Saturday, 09 January
    Sunderland (H) Saturday, 16 January
    League Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg – Tues/Weds, 19/20 January
    F.A Cup Fourth Round – Sat/Sun, 23/24 January
    Birmingham City (H) Wednesday, 27 January
    Burnley (A) Saturday, 30 January

Most of the PL games look very handy even without our African players. I'm sure we could live without the league cup for a CL & PL double!!

eddiehead wrote: »
    Me too, him & Anelka up against Brown & Evans.

All great news!!! Heading over on Sunday, bringing my father to the game. I could only get one ticket, so I'm gonna let him go to it, seeing as it's his birthday on the 4th November. He's a United fan tho...:mad:

I'll content myself with Soho Bar, despite the fact that I'd give up my left one to see this game!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement