Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Anyone know when Zhirkov is expected to be fit? If not it looks like Ferreira will get an extended run in the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Anyone know when Zhirkov is expected to be fit? If not it looks like Ferreira will get an extended run in the first team.

The Physio room has him due to be back for our next game, hopefully he gets a chance to make a real go of it now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Belletti and Ferreira have it covered, even the young lad Hutchinson can slot in maybe. All is good in the hood. Fo shizzle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

True, we have plenty of decent left-backs to cover for Ashley. It's all good. Personally I think Belletti is THE man for the job. Ferreira is good too, but I personally prefer Belletti.

I'd say Ferreira would get the nod ahead of Belletti tho.

How long more is Bosingwa out for tho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Lads - Bellitti is gone to sh*t this season when he has played and Ferreria is one of the worst players to play for CFC IMO. He looks so nervous when he has the ball, he just gives it to someone else straight away. Cole out is a disaster for us.

No it's not, We are Chelea and will walk the league. EZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Ferreira is one of the best players we have imo , consistent , experienced, still has pace and doesn't do major screw ups. There are plenty chelsea fans who'd have him play before Cole.

We need cool, calm heads at the back... read: Belletti and/or Ferreira! Jeez! If they were bad, they'd have been shipped out long ago. Both are quality full backs with plenty of club experience at the top level. Obviously, I would have Ashley Cole out in front (best left back in the world at the minute, IMO), but failing that, either Belletti or Ferreira could slot in nicely for me. I'd have Belletti, cos he is quite handy at attacking as well as defending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Always been a big fan of Paulo. Very solid, experienced defender. While not spectacular, rarely has a bad game when fit. Its been a few seasons since he had a decent run in the team. I'd feel pretty safe playing him while Cole is out. And if it doesn't work out, Zhirkov or Belletti could do a job there. Thought I read somewhere that Malouda played there for a season in France. Could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

selpher wrote: »
    Always been a big fan of Paulo. Very solid, experienced defender. While not spectacular, rarely has a bad game when fit. Its been a few seasons since he had a decent run in the team. I'd feel pretty safe playing him while Cole is out. And if it doesn't work out, Zhirkov or Belletti could do a job there. Thought I read somewhere that Malouda played there for a season in France. Could be wrong.

What you mean Zhirkov could do a job there,

didn't he excel there with Russia in the euros?

Is he not one of the best in the world in that position?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

What you mean Zhirkov could do a job there,

didn't he excel there with Russia in the euros?

Is he not one of the best in the world in that position?

None of us have seen Zhirkov nearly enough to answer that. I'd wager he'd be very good if he cost 20 million from the league that let Arshavin go for 15 but none of us know

I cannot wait for Zhirkov to be fully fit. He has potential to be one of the best players in the Prem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

growler wrote: »
    Ferreira is one of the best players we have imo , consistent , experienced, still has pace and doesn't do major screw ups. There are plenty chelsea fans who'd have him play before Cole.

Are you mental? He was passed it the last time I remember playing you in the group stages 3 seasons ago. Cole and even Bridge (back then) were about 850 million times better than him. He is a solid back up, like Belletti, but nothing more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

eZe^ wrote: »
    Cole and even Bridge (back then) were about 850 million times better than him.

....and in other news, I hear exaggerations are up 1,000,000% this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

eddiehead wrote: »
    ....and in other news, I hear exaggerations are up 1,000,000% this year

I said about, only a ball park figure mate. ;)

Lads - Bellitti is gone to sh*t this season when he has played and Ferreria is one of the worst players to play for CFC IMO. He looks so nervous when he has the ball, he just gives it to someone else straight away. Cole out is a disaster for us.

Lots of love for the lads - i really hope I am proved wrong on these two over the next few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

More bad news, Bosingwa is out for 3 months after having surgery on his knee.

That is bad... Bosingwa is ace, but Ivanovic is better at defending at RB. Bosingwa is better at getting forward and attacking. Ivanovic will be grand while Bosingwa is absent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/chelsea/6549667/Chelseas-Didier-Drogba-donates-3-million-to-help-build-African-hospital.html
    Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has made a £3 million donation from a sponsorship deal to help build a hospital in his homeland, the Ivory Coast.

According to a report in the Mail, Drogba has asked for the fee, which he will receive for becoming the new face of Pepsi, to be invested straight into the project which is due to be fully operational by the end of 2010.

It also claims that Chelsea have agreed to donate their percentage of the money which they would have received as part of the image rights in Drogba's contract.

The hospital is part of the Didier Drogba Foundation - set up by the 31-year-old last year - and as well as being able to accommodate upwards of 200 patients the centre will also serve as an orphanage.

Drogba set up the foundation two years ago but it was a visit to a hospital in his hometown of Abidjan that prompted his decision to back the project.

"When I visited a hospital in Abidjan this year, I was shocked by the terrible conditions," he said. "We hear about all the incurable diseases, but these kids are just as likely to die from diabetes because there is no insulin available.

"It was then I decided the Foundation's first project should be to build and fund a hospital giving people basic healthcare and a chance just to stay alive."

Fair play. Both Drogba and Chelsea get a lot of bad press, so it's nice to highlight something so positive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Some good news about Drogba for once, lets not forget he is still human and the big bad English press cant publish shite about Drogba and Chelsea all the time.

Fair play to both for the donation that is to a very worthy cause.

Cole & Boswinga both out - We need to spend money in the jan window now. I know we have cover, but we dont have cover for the cover!

Once we dont buy another ben haim;)

Lampard has left the England squad too. Probably just wants a break

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

At least thats our big injury from internationals out of the way early this time round. ****ing typical. We can cope though obviously. Still really ****ing annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I'm a big fan of Lampard, he was just starting to hit form for you guys, will be interesting to see the impact it will have if any.

• Advertisement

Malouda or J.Cole will come in. Essien can push up and Mikel can cover him too. Still very strong, he has been doing the midfield donkey work brilliantly though :(

Terry has injured himself now too. Ankle. Probably miss the Eng game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Did Drogba break/crack a rib ? think it was in the gossip bit on teletext.
    Anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Kalou & Meite in Ivorian bust-up

Salomon Kalou and Abdoulaye Meite could miss the Ivory Coast's friendly against Germany after a fight during training.

The duo missed the Elephants' 3-0 win over Guinea in a 2010 World Cup qualifier on Saturday as a result of the fight on the eve of the match.

The pair have since made up but the punishment could be extended to Wednesday's game against Germany.

The Ivory Coast have qualified for both the World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations next year.

"Things got a little heated but we are human and these things can happen to us," West Bromwich Albion defender Meite said after the incident.

"But in the end we understood that we have to preserve the spirit in the squad and so it's all forgotten now."

Chelsea forward Kalou also put the incident behind him.

"Meite is a big brother, I have apologised and he has accepted it," he explained.

"It's a pity that it was between Abdoulaye and myself. We were punished and I have accepted that and that's how we move on.

"You recognise your mistake and you learn - we've talked and its over."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/8364280.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Aguero close to joining for 40mil according to the telegraph, what a signing this would be!
    Finally that creative player that Carlo wants.

• Advertisement

crossed-fingers.jpg

Would be fantastic but not getting my hopes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Kakuta on bench today, hopefully he'll get on, think game will be quite tricky, they usually are after the international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Chelsea game on Setanta Ireland today, if ye have that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Did Drogba break/crack a rib ? think it was in the gossip bit on teletext.
    Anyone know?
    It appears you were right Kent, thanks for the info lol:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

3 - 0 at half time will do nicely. Bring on the young ones for proper PL experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

That Kakuta lad you've got looks like the real deal after being on the pitch for only 5 minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Easy win today as expected.

Arsenal lost. :) now come on Everton!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Kakuta is a special boy

Great to see Kakuta, Matic and Borini getting a decent run out. Kakuta looks very composed with a great touch and fantastic pace. Matic looks huge, but he seems to have great control over the ball and is well able to get stuck in.Essien was brilliant today, the freedom suits him as he loves getting forward. Very comfortable victory and good performance.

• Advertisement

Just shows, Chelsea have such strength in depth that even without the likes of Drogba and Lampard, we are still so, so strong. I know it was only against a newly promoted side, but these are the sides that have to be put away by big margins!

Great performance and let's hope it continues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

To be fair I think this game is a bit of a smoke screen. Wolves were simply awful. Not only bad but there was something very strange about Mick's tactis on Saturday. Fair play to him if he was going to give it a good go but going to Stamford Bridge and playing with 3 at the back!!! WTF!

I'm sure his plan was keep the attacking options open with 2 strikers and crowd out the midfield battle with 5. Well this works if you have 5 good players. Putting up 5 ordinary players against 4 great players is always going to be a one sided battle. The most obvious example of how bad they were was Malouda and Essiens first goal. Malouda ran 35 yards taking 7 touches completely unchallenged through the center and was allowed a clean shot at goal. Essien was given a completely free header 5 yards out from goal. Shocking isn't the word.

Brillant start to the season lads, 100% home record with Utd and Liverpool both after coming to the bridge, no goal conceded since the opening day and some good performances by Matic and Kakuta.

Really hope Kakuta can get a bit of a run in the team same with Matic, when Matic came on he lookd like he could easily slot in to the diamond.

Im just wondering where they see Kakuta playing, he strikes me as a classic number 10, like Joe, just behind the forwards at the tip of the diamond but with his pace,touch, vision he could easily play along side a bigger striker and feed off them.

Very promising start to the campaign and well done to Carlo and he coaching staff for giving the lads a run out.

I still think if we play 4-5-1 nobody will beat us. Ideal formation for our squad.

Great start but they don't count for much. Arsenal and City games coming up are big games, gotta keep it up.

CHD wrote: »
    I still think if we play 4-5-1 nobody will beat us. Ideal formation for our squad.

Great start but they don't count for much. Arsenal and City games coming up are big games, gotta keep it up.

Totally agree, i would love to see 4-5-1 or 4-3-3, it would suit alot of the players up front and give malouda,kalou,kakuta,cole,zhirkov a chance to play more advanced and out wide.

I would not be to pushed with clean sheet record at home as long as we are scoring and winning but IMO Liverpool and Utd have better defensive units then Arsenal and City so heres hoping we can cut them open and take maximum points off the "bigger" teams at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

kakuta is well worth this transfer ban, finally an excuse to play the youngsters n stop buying in old players, we have a fantastic youth system, we just never give them a chance to play!!

some touches from kakuta, effortless!! didnt see matic, will check youtube!

Porto, tomorrow night, Away...

Any thoughts? Haven't heard much in the way of team news, so can only assume it will be more or less as you were from Saturday...

I reckon 2-0 Chelsea.

Kakuta has traveled with the squad, so hopefully he'll get another run out. He supposedly had a very poor game against Birmingham reserves (but so did the rest of the team).

I say Sturridge to start with Kalou up front.

Drogba has also travelled with the squad. I'd want to win this game to ensure a top of the group finish.

• Advertisement

Well since Liverpool are gone from the Champs League it means all our lifespans have increased by several years, thank christ we dont have to face them in 180 mins of edge of your seat matches, which seems to be the only constant in the Champs League that Chelsea v Liverpool will pop up against each other in the knock outs. Pheeeew :)

Anyway, back to the Porto game, hoping to take all 3 points to make sure going into the final group game, I have faith in whatever team Carlo picks, I fancy that we will get the 3 points, maybe with an eye on Sundays game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement