Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well with all the UEFA CL draw fixes in recent years the fact that we don't have to play Liverpool now means one thing. We will be drawn against Barca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

iregk wrote: »
    Well with all the UEFA CL draw fixes in recent years the fact that we don't have to play Liverpool now means one thing. We will be drawn against Barca.

Hopefully. Retribution en route to winning the final would be a nice thing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

What do ye think of the possibility of Hiddink coming back to the club as a technical director. These things never seem to work out smoothly. I know Ancelotti has said he would be delighted, but what can he say? Surely 2 big personalties are bound to clash. Don't get me wrong I'll always have great admiration for Hiddink after last season but surely after 1 big loss Ancelotti will be looking over his shoulder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Having Hiddink at the club would be perfect. Somebody who knows what they are doing and would have the best interests of the club at heart. He is no fool and the club can only benefit IMO.

He won't be coming in though. Probably be the next Argentina manager!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Ancelotti wouldn't have any problem working with a director of football as thats exactly how he has worked all his managerial life in Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Good result tonight. Was never going to be easy. Anyone know whats the story with Sturridge. I really expected him to start tonight considering Borini got a game the weekend. I don't think he's still injured, is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Great result tonight. Great ball by Malouda for Anelka. Frenchies :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

is it true lampard might be fit for the weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

SlickRic wrote: »

That's got to be the difference between Chelsea and the rest this season. A player of his quality out, and he's barely missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Iolar wrote: »
    Group winners! gwan the blues!:D

Allez les bleus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_5702014,00.html

slovakian girl was telling me about this today, seems they rate him quite highly over there , can;t see us forking out £25m though on a gambe

great result again tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Really good result tonight against Porto, despite probably having a very quiet night. Great to be group winners... Let's hope Barca, Real et al all top their groups too! I'd hope we get:

AC Milan ooh, lads, what a tie!!! (if they finish 2nd in Gr. C)... Be good to see what Carlo can do against his old club... And a chance to rub it into that c*nt Ronaldinho after he dashed our hopes while playing for Barca in 2006.

More than likely, trained on Tuesday and Wednesday and will be doing a full session today and hopefully close to being fully fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

CHD wrote: »
    More than likely, trained on Tuesday and Wednesday and will be doing a full session today and hopefully close to being fully fit

ancelotti's obviously snuck his way into Rafa's horse placenta reserves.

well done.

ancelotti's obviously snuck his way into Rafa's horse placenta reserves.

well done.
    Yep, Lampard went to Serbia for the day and came back cured. Gotta love that horse placenta

Haha, brilliant. Tho I doubt he was injured properly, probably just wanted a little rest before the clash against Arsenal. **** sake, I could use some of that horse placenta to cure me; tho I don't know if it works on shifting a run of bad luck... :(

2-0 win

A load of lads I was talking to today reckon Chelsea will ''hammer'' Arsenal. Wouldn't go that far, but Chelsea will win. Tight enough I reckon, but still 3 points winging their way to SW6:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

We are 17/10 for the so a decent profit can be made if you are so sure.

I probably am guilty myself of being too sure that we will get a result but can't see past drogba getting through their leaky injury torn defense especially with the talent we will have on the bench.
    Would be nice to see the joe show start.

A repeat of last seasons score at the Emirates will do today. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I expected a far closer game than that. What a display from Chelsea. Flawless.

Yay brilliant!!!!!

Get in there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Well done to Chelsea, we were just not good enough today, it was like Men V Boys.

Thought Ashley Coles ball for the second goal was brilliant, despite how he left us he is still a great player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Drogs is having some season , Chelsea looked so strong today they must be favourites to win the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Barr wrote: »
    Drogs is having some season , Chelsea looked so strong today they must be favourites to win the PL.

He was awesome today and has been all season for you guys.

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »
    He is the best. Better than Torres.

His goals were absolute quality. And the way he takes balls out of the sky with ease and holds the play up is exceptional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I'd agree even when his not scoring his pivitol to everything Chelsea do up front. His a real outlet for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Hard to see beyond Chelsea for the title now, barring a major run of bad form. Could be a long boring season from now on in.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Fantatstic work by chelsea great team performance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Steady on. Would you swap Drogba for Torres if you where offered that deal tomorrow?

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »
    Hard to see beyond Chelsea for the title now, barring a major run of bad form. Could be a long boring season from now on in.
    Agreed. You guy's are looking awesome at present. Your defence looks unbreachable.

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Steady on. Would you swap Drogba for Torres if you where offered that deal tomorrow?

Nope.

Nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Is Drogba as injury prone as Torres?

Nope
    Fair enough. Different fans different opinions.

• Advertisement

Not a chance.

Brilliant result today. Defensively solid, attacking well... Even when possession crept into the 30% range for Chelsea, Arsenal just lacked the killer instinct.

Arsenal can cruise past teams like Wolves, Hull, etc.

The three biggest games they've played this season against Man City, Man Utd and now Chelsea, they've lost.

Chelsea can take extreme confidence from this now. Played Liverpool, United, Arsenal and beaten all of them. Man City... Ha, I'm gonna say that's a draw, just cos of how Man City are playing!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,651 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

drogba is way ahead of torres
    Id go a far to say In a different league to Torres

brings so much to a team besides goals like hold up play and free kicks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Drogba is amazing and unlike Torres is rarely injured all Torres has over him imo is age

Headshot wrote: »
    drogba is way ahead of torres
    Id go a far to say In a different league to Torres

brings so much to a team besides goals like hold up play and free kicks
    Embarassing post tbh. Thanks for the giggles.:D

Embarassing post tbh. Thanks for the giggles.:D

and heres me seeing your other post
    Fair enough. Different fans different opinions.

and heres me seeing your other post
    Your point being?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

The only reason for this would be the age difference ,

I think Drogba and Torres are different type of players and comparing them is a bit of a non runner as they both have there excellent qualities but play in different ways

Your point being?

jebus i hate fanboys

I shouldnt have to spell it out for ya

The only reason for this would be the age difference ,

I think Drogba and Torres are different type of players and comparing them is a bit of a non runner as they both have there excellent qualities but play in different ways

That age difference in my eyes is enough to swing it Torres way. For me Torres is the better finisher but Drogba is better at bringing others into the game.(he's also an awesome finisher). Hard call either way. Would'nt say Drogs is in another league to Torres mind you.:pac: Can you imagine them both on the same team.:eek: Get the cheque book out Rafa.

jebus i hate fanboys

I shouldnt have to spell it out for ya
    No need for the hate bud.:confused: It's just a forum. Anyway's you said Drogba is "in another league" to Torres. I think that's wrong. I'll leave it at that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement