Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

For England ages ago I think and missed a couple few years ago for us. He went to the left for the first time in ages too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Can someone explain to me why we brought on Mikel and Belletti instead of Malouda and the Joe Show?

I was stunned at this substitution. When you're a goal down, why bring on defenders/defensive players!? Bring on Malouda and Joe Cole to add some pace and threat going forward. Ballack and Deco were hopeless today. I'd have taken them off and brought on the aforementioned Malouda and Cole.
    Soby wrote: »
    I challenge someone to find out the last time(excluding saturdays match) the last time Lampard missed a peno.I cant remember anyway
    CHD wrote: »
    For England ages ago I think and missed a couple few years ago for us. He went to the left for the first time in ages too

I think it was as far back as the 2006 World Cup for England. And that had just, for some perverse reason flashed through my mind before Lamps took the peno. I just thought Given was really doing the right thing, making himself look huge in the goalmouth. Pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Very poor performance yesterday. I really think we need to off load Deco to anyone - the lad simply cannot retain the ball in a tackle.

Crap sups yesterday too, belletti was lucky to stay on the pitch after 5 mins!

In saying all that, City seem to be able to lift themselves for the big 4, narrowly beaten by utd, beat arsenal and chelsea, and I cant wait to see what they do to liverpool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

DazMarz wrote: »
    We're on a high at the moment, and I can't see Man City having enough to come close to Chelsea tomorrow.

Man City are far too porous at the back, Drogba and Anelka will tear them to shreds, and with Lamps popping up and potentially testing Given from range (as Anelka is also wont to do), it could easily be a very lopsided game.

Man City look impressive on paper, but against the big boys, they will wilt.

2-0 Chelsea tomorrow.
    He tested him from 9 yards alright.
    LOUL.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Thought that Deco's inability to either hold the ball, move at anything resembling speed and his usual appalling tackling caused us major problems yesterday, can't fathom why Ancellotti persists with playing him when J Cole would have given us some options and can be trusted to hold the ball and run at defenders, Malouda would also have provided some options. Deco in midfield is grand if we're playing agaisnt a defensive side it seems but under pressure we need to couter attack fast and he can't seem to do that. :-(

anyway, fair play to city and given in particular, outplayed us and SWP played out of his skin.

had to laugh at Robinho popping over to say hi to the chelsea bench lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I cant wait to see what they do to liverpool!
    They Draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

growler wrote: »
    Thought that Deco's inability to either hold the ball, move at anything resembling speed and his usual appalling tackling caused us major problems yesterday, can't fathom why Ancellotti persists with playing him when J Cole would have given us some options and can be trusted to hold the ball and run at defenders, Malouda would also have provided some options. Deco in midfield is grand if we're playing agaisnt a defensive side it seems but under pressure we need to couter attack fast and he can't seem to do that. :-(

anyway, fair play to city and given in particular, outplayed us and SWP played out of his skin.

had to laugh at Robinho popping over to say hi to the chelsea bench lol

I couldn't agree more, Cole would have been far better,
    or else malouda on left and Lampard up front

Maybe we do need Ribery to replace deco

J.Cole wouldn't have changed a thing yesterday. Malouda needed to be brought in for Deco and swap with Lamps and Ballack off for Mikel and swap with Essien.

We didn't show up and got what we deserved. Ref was terrible imo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I think the midfield has to be Mikel, Essien, Malouda and Lampard. Malouda has been very good most games he's played this season. I also think A Cole plays much better with Malouda in front of him.

Even give Zhirkov a spin, his and cole on the left would be great.

• Advertisement

Even give Zhirkov a spin, his and cole on the left would be great.

Zhirkov definitly needs to get his chance. Ancelotti has only played him at left back so far I think. Deserves to be infront of Ballack and Deco though really

Yeah but he keeps getting niggling injuries, gets over them just before Russia games, comes back and picks up the same injury. Chelsea have to ask questions of Russia playing him injured.

Come January, at least me know we can Spend, Baby, Spend...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Good point about the away jersey,its a nice jersey, might gte it for X-mas but please dont play in it, people will start to think,is our bad luck Utd style grey jersey. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Mikel was brought on to be the holding midfielder allowing Essien to rampage further up the pitch where he can be so effective - just look at his defence-splitting pass to make the late late chance for Drogs

Belletti was preferred to JC to give us some width on the right as Ivanovic just wasn't making any headway on that flank

My main gripe is why didn't Ancellotti start with the same 4 midfielders as played so well against the Arse ?

Apart from that, thought the display was way too arrogant what with being gifted an early goal - shades of the Villa match letting a good away lead slip badly..............had thought the Blackburn result in mid-week would have been the wake-up call to remind all these players spouting to the media about how we were favourites etc.

Have to bounce back well against Everton (God knows what 11 will start against Apoel tomorrow night !) and then we really need to go on a sustained winning run esp. with the fixtures we have up until early Feb. when we face Arsenal again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

im viewing the loss as a timely kick up the ar$e to remind the players that united and arsenal are very much in the shadows of our lead at the top. hopefully this loss will have a similar wake up call that came with the wigan game.
    think we should field a largely young guns team for tomorrow nights game, give the older troops a rest before tearing into everton at the weekend!

I hope a lot of the youngsters get a run tonight, even give Turnbull a go in nets. Hopefully Bruma, Matic, Kakuta, Sturridge et al. all start

I know that he won't, and a few of the old guns will start, but seeing as there is virtually nothing on the line here, he should start a very different squad, rest a few of the lads up for Saturday.

He already said 5 youths will be in the squad and could start.

He already said 5 youths will be in the squad and could start.

Cool. That's only right, in fairness, give them a bit of first team time. No reason to play a full strength side at all.

• Advertisement

Just Athletico acusing us of rigging it so Apoel get 3rd and Europa League

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nah he said 5 youngsters in the squad but maybe only starting Kakuta, He will name a strong enough line up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Just Athletico acusing us of rigging it so Apoel get 3rd and Europa League
    If Athletico finish 4th its because they didn't get enough points to finish 3rd, simple as that, not our fault.

Would love to see Kakuta get a good run out alright.

Hope that the youngsters get a good run tonight, throw in a few regulars to and we should cruise this game. Hoping for a positive response to losing at the weekend and hope some of the fringe players raise there game for the busy festive period as a big squad like ours will need to be used.

Turnbull
    Belletti Terry Carvalho Zhirkov
    Mikel Essien Malouda Cole
    Kakuta Drogba

Pretty strong team. Should do the business. Interesting to see how Turnbull plays. Last time I saw him for the reserves he was brutal.

At least Kakuta is starting, hopefully he will play well.

• Advertisement

Put a tenner on Kakuta first goalscorer aswell. :)

Went Chelsea (-2) at 21/10. Worth a shot me thinks.

Na, na, na, na, nana,
    Michael Essien,Essien,
    Michael Essien!!

Damn Essien looks in trouble with his hamstring.

For the love of ****ing god please no, Essien has done his hamstring. :(

• Advertisement

Great goal. Class :P

Didier Drogba, tra lala,
    Didier Drogba, traaa lalala,
    Didier Drogba, tra lala,
    Didier Drogba, traaa lalala

Well worked goal. :)

Still worried about Essien, praying he's not out for long.

Hopefully its only a strain allright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

ha yeah hopefully Essien will drop out now and mysteriously be fit again to play for us will take all of the pressure of, Im sure Anelka and Aguero can step up to fill the Drogba void ;)

saying that malouda cole and kakuta are all playing well and zhirkov could carry out a midfield role also.

If we don't win the league this year the ACON wont be to blame, especially considering the state of the teams we play during it.

Come on Villa do us a favour this weekend.

Yeah full time 2-2.

a misleading result, we played some goot football, should have scored plenty of goals and just didn't get a chance to up the gears at the end.

Kakuta looked good, didn't wowbut was one of the better players out there at the same time,
    The Joe Show looked very sharp also, as did Drogba when he got involved.

Is Alex injured? he must be actually

Thought it was poor enough myself now. Never really stepped it up 2nd half. Considering our possession we should have been more ruthless. On a positive note Kakuta was very good. His level of passing is extremely good and rarely gave the ball away. I was a bit dissappointed to see him coming off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Thought it was poor enough myself now. Never really stepped it up 2nd half. Considering our possession we should have been more ruthless. On a positive note Kakuta was very good. His level of passing is extremely good and rarely gave the ball away. I was a bit dissappointed to see him coming off.

I have been watching Kakuta in the youths and Reserve's and he is by far the most exciting upcoming player that I have ever witnessed , I really hope he explodes into the 1st team.

What I would do to see this type of move at Stamford Bridge :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2O9qRkXIyU&feature=related

What Chelsea played well against City?! According to Tony Cascarino they did!:pac:

Not a bad game, should have put APOEL away.

As an aside, just found this on youtube and have been pissing myself laughing at it ever since:

DazMarz wrote: »
    Not a bad game, should have put APOEL away.

As an aside, just found this on youtube and have been pissing myself laughing at it ever since:

Ha Ha thats bloody brilliant :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Haha ,quality.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Essien out for a month balls!

Zhirkov played well the other night want to see him being pushed further forward, because Malouda has hit his inconsistent form again.

Yeah not good news at all. Mikel will probably step in which worries me. Although our fixtures aren't that bad for the next two months to be honest so we should be fine.

Missing Essien is a huge blow, but I'd be confident that the squad is strong enough to withstand this. As mentioned, no truly 'big' fixtures in between now and his potential recovery time, so not too big a deal...

But the other thing is, I take it he won't be going to ACN??? If he is, I'd be worried about him aggravating it further.

• Advertisement

" Find a goat tied to your tree "

What a legend:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement