Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Essien is a hero, without a doubt. What always makes me laugh about the boy is when he is on the pitch, he is, as his nickname suggests, a bison, but if ya ever heard him in an interview he's so quiet and shy. What a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That's what makes you love him even more. Legend.

Got my ticket for the Birmingham away game on Stephens Day this morning. An extra 1000 went on sale this morning for members and season ticket holders. :) Flights cheap enough with Aer Lingus. :) Can't wait although we will be playing in the away jersey. :(

Everton this weekend will be tough but I think we should win by a couple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Everton seemed to have turned the corner in the last two games, in the performance they have put in anyway, they were unlucky against Spurs not to get more from it and also lose it and against Liverpool they played much beteer then them for longer periods, they just lacked a bit of cutting edge.

Hope that Saha isnt fit enough to start as he looked sharp and would be a threat, hope we can get back on tracknow after the last 2 games, 3 points will do nicely lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Missing Essien is a bit of a sickener alright, we should be able to cope though. We need a win this weekend to get back on track and hope maybe Villa do us a favour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Much like Everton, Villa seem to have turned the corner and are putting some good results together and they are alaways capable of causing a bit of an upset as we ound out already this year.

Hope Mikel can get a few games in before he goes and gets back to his best, he really needs some good run of games to turn into a great player IMO of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Even without Essien, we have back-to-back home games against an Everton team who have only won about 1 league game in 8, followed by a visit from bottom club, so if ever there was a springboard to get an unbeaten run going. this is it.

I know the Hammers will up their game next week also what with the Cole/Lampard connection, and it being a London derby, but if we don't take 9 out of 9 in those 3 games, we really are not going to stay at the top of the table for much longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

CHD wrote: »
    Just read that blog and it's so true... My mum is Ghanian, i have memories of Christmases in Ghana and jollof rice is very tasty!

Nice one Mr Essien!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

We have such an intoxicatingly easy seeming run from now until middle of January (including all fixtures when African players are missing for ACN) so this is the time to be utterly brutal and ruthless in grinding 3 points after 3 points after 3 points. Don't be pretty, get the results.

Everton should not pose too many problems and I honestly think Villa could hold United to a draw or hopefully better. All told, we could go back to 5 points clear by this evening (fingers crossed)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Im ****ing locked and we are one down. **** off, jesus christ like. Still gona win the league though. Quote me on that Headshot and bookmark it like you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

DIDIER DIDIER DIDIER ****ING DIDIER DIDIER DIDIER

FFS Cech.

Drogba get the **** in!

ANELKA!!! COME ON YOU ****ING BLUES

Look seriously 2-1. Champions.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Kakuta in the squad today?

Wow awful defending there.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

not on the bench :pac:

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Carvalho, Terry, Ashley Cole, Mikel, Ballack, Lampard, Joe Cole, Anelka, Drogba. Subs: Hilario, Malouda, Zhirkov, Paulo Ferreira, Matic, Belletti, Borini.

Wow awful defending there.
    Why? Cos he was the man the whole ban from transfer thing was about? Thats why hes mentioned 90% of the time, you mention cos you think he's going to be a talent. He's nothing at the moment, the whole is Kauta in the suad or playing today thing pisses me off. Why have him there? Pointless. People like Hucthinson are better prospects, nobody talks about him rabble rabble allalalalallalalallala.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Yakubu off the bench & scores straight away. :mad:

• Advertisement

He's showed promise every time he has played in the first team this season. Why not have him on the bench?

also Joe Cole is over rated crap.

Johner wrote: »
    He's showed promise every time he has played in the first team this season. Why not have him on the bench?
    Whats he going to do in a match like this? He'd get kicked around.

Why? Cos he was the man the whole ban from transfer thing was about? Thats why hes mentioned 90% of the time, you mention cos you think he's going to be a talent. He's nothing at the moment, the whole is Kauta in the suad or playing today thing pisses me off. Why have him there? Pointless. People like Hucthinson are better prospects, nobody talks about him rabble rabble allalalalallalalallala.

What, only asked a question. And since he was the best player on the pitch during the week I would have thought he should have made the bench if not start. And if you think Hutchinson is a better prospect than Kakuta your having a laugh.

What, only asked a question. And since he was the best player on the pitch during the week I would have thought he should have made the bench if not start. And if you think Hutchinson is a better prospect than Kakuta your having a laugh.
    Not havin a go at you. Kakuta is talked about for one reason, cause the transfer ban was over him. just sick of hearin it. He's not ready and Hutchinson is deadly.

Not havin a go at you. Kakuta is talked about for one reason, cause the transfer ban was over him. just sick of hearin it. He's not ready and Hutchinson is deadly.

Why is he not ready though? Funnily enough I had heard of him before September. ;)

I think he's as ready now as he's going to be. Needs 1st team experience thats all. Why not stick him on the becnh at least. Borini and Matic on the bench.

Why is he not ready though? Funnily enough I had heard of him before September. ;)

I think he's as ready now as he's going to be. Needs 1st team experience thats all. Why not stick him on the becnh at least. Borini and Matic on the bench.
    They can do something in this game, he can't. There is no room for someone like him in matches like today imo

They can do something in this game, he can't. There is no room for someone like him in matches like today imo

Don't agree with that at all tbh CHD. His control and passing is exceptional. And he seems mature beyond his years. He's well able to pick a pass and is not all just skill and flair. Only thing I think he's lacking is some defensive discipline. He's so quick that he can cause trouble for anyone.

He would get kicked about in a game like today and do sweet feck all.

• Advertisement

Drogba you sexy ****er.

Drogba!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Hes just a goal love machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

brilliant drogba. he's a fokin predator!

Goal. Boom. Yes.

saha **** sake

• Advertisement

**** off Cech, stopped bad mouthing him but im never gona stop now. Idiot. How does he let his defence fail like this.

ffs can not defend set pieces

Terry, Carvalho, Ivanovich, Mikel, Ballack,Drogba.
    How can we conceed three goals from set pieces :mad:

Ah **** off...Jammy or what

• Advertisement

Cech is making a mistake nearly every second game. he has been brilliant in the past but time for a change. Given would have been a brilliant signing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

joe cole having a stinker :(

We aren't going to win this game are we?

Johner wrote: »
    We aren't going to win this game are we?
    We are, 7-6 prob.

Keep defending like that and we'll win nothing.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

We're only going forward from the right hand passage and Ivanovic's cross are not up to scratch.

Malouda on. Come on Florent grab the winner.

Ah **** it anyway lads. Shocking defending today.

5 point lead gone in a week..pure joke

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement