Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

What a pile of ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Can see Utd winning about 3-0 to be honest.

At least we have Pompey at home next.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

fourth season in a row they have taken points off us at home....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

A load of crap. Why can't we defend free kicks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Johner wrote: »
    Can see Utd winning about 3-0 to be honest.

At least we have Pompey at home next.

Against grant...all the signs point to portsmouth getting fired up and winning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

****ing ****e is all I have to say. The Manc scum will seize the initiative, and eviscerate Villa. Sickening. Everton and Man City were two teams massively out of form, and we couldn't ****ing beat either of them. What the ****?!?!

If we dont get 3 points against Pompey I might cry. Ah we should hammer them in fairness.

West Ham away after that will be tough and then Birmingham away who are in fantastic form.

Praying for Villa to win today, but at Old Trafford will they just sit back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

if ever there was a time for the villians to plough through the united defence, its today. and i hope to gawd they do!
    absolutely sickened with todays result, thought we had this one in the bag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Anelka and Drogs superb as was A Cole and Ivan, the rest woeful.

Time for Matic to get a chance in the midfield!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

THANK YOU VILLA
    got out of jail this weekend thanks to the villians,
    we need to buck up big time in defence if we are to maintain a decent challange this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

We need to throw Ballack and Deco to the dogs, Ribery would be nice, will Alex be fit soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

PHEW!!!!

Villa have saved our blushes!

We need to throw Ballack and Deco to the dogs, Ribery would be nice, will Alex be fit soon?

Alex still injured and so is Strurridge, don't know when they are back, not too sure sorry man we really do need to get our arses in gear, John Terry dear oh dear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Your welcome lads much rather see Chelsea win the league tbh

cheers, to be fair to ye you are doing very well.

A ****ty weekend just got a bit better. :) Get in Villa. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Ditto on the gigantic PHEW.

lol at the Villa v ManU thread post-match. Oooh the rage.

As relieved as I was to hear the result from Old Trafford, I hope we aren't relying on Man United/Arsenal/whoever losing games to keep a lead rather than winning our own games.

To only get a draw at home to such an off-form team as Everton is incredibly poor to say the least. We should not be so delighted at this. 2 points have been shaved off our lead today, and Manchester United will not lose so easy again in future.

Time to be wary.

Plus, anyone else reckon Cech needs a severe kick up the arse? I'd bench him for a game or two, let Hilario (he was immense against Liverpool) or Turnbull have a shot. Needs to be threatened with becoming second fiddle, he's far too complacent now.

• Advertisement

DazMarz wrote: »
    As relieved as I was to hear the result from Old Trafford, I hope we aren't relying on Man United/Arsenal/whoever losing games to keep a lead rather than winning our own games.

To only get a draw at home to such an off-form team as Everton is incredibly poor to say the least. We should not be so delighted at this. 2 points have been shaved off our lead today, and Manchester United will not lose so easy again in future.

Time to be wary.

Plus, anyone else reckon Cech needs a severe kick up the arse? I'd bench him for a game or two, let Hilario (he was immense against Liverpool) or Turnbull have a shot. Needs to be threatened with becoming second fiddle, he's far too complacent now.

Agree about Cech, but its not just him, the whole defence has to buck up, I thought this was addressed after Wigan and Villa obviously it wasn't.
    Also the midfield strolling around isn't helping matters. Frank is not having a good season, I blame Christine Bleakley :) Ballack has gone back to his old ways too.

Its silly Sunday time again.

Aguero very close to joining for 40mil also we're going to bid for Gerrard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Gerrard can fook right off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Gerrard? Srsly? Not gona happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Wenger is whinging again.
    ARSENAL TO LAUNCH ESSIEN PROTEST
    Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger is ready to complain that Chelsea broke Fifa rules by playing midfielder Michael Essien in a home win over Wolves on November 21. Wolves are also considering their position. Essien scored twice in a 4-0 victory and should the complaint be upheld, the League leaders face a points deduction. Under Fifa regulations Essien was ineligible for the game because he refused to turn up for Ghana’s friendly in Angola the previous Wednesday. At the time, the Ghana FA said they would take action against Essien and absent teammates Sulley Muntari and Asamoah Gyan. All three apologised and each was fined £3,000.

Wenger believes Essien should have been suspended for Chelsea’s subsequent Premier League fixture, the 3-0 win at Arsenal. ‘Essien didn’t play for Ghana but he still played against us,’ said Wenger. ‘He was not entitled to do so.’ As the story gained impetus last night, Wenger said: ‘We will investigate to see if there has been a breach of the regulations.’ Chelsea say the matter is a ‘non-issue’ because they have written permission from Ghana’s FA to use Essien.

There are doubts, however, about the value of that letter: Muntari’s club, Inter, also received a communication from Ghana’s FA, but were told by the Italian federation that it made no difference and Muntari was left out of the Inter squad to face Bologna. Fred Pappoe, the Ghana association’s vice-president, told The Sunday Times he was unaware any permission had been granted.
    Link

Wenger... to quote Billy Connolly: fúck off... just... fúck off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭JackieRyan

Right , who do you all think we will sign in January?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Viera and he will play 27 minutes and leave in the Summer.

JackieRyan wrote: »
    Right , who do you all think we will sign in January?

I do not know, I'd be happy to get Aguero for the moment, would be in heaven actually,

are we honestly treating this as our only chance to buy players in the next two years?
    and if so we should replace ballack Deco Carvalho, Drogba and consider an up and coming Lampard

so would like to see Bruno Alves or similar,Pato/ Dzeko or similar, Ribery, Rodwell and another midfielder.

I'd like to see Aguero and Dzagoev. Think they'd be great signings. I do think we need to sign someone. Wouldn't depend on Ballack or Deco to do much, both have been poor tbh.

Ancelotti has been saying we won't sign anyone but we really do need to sign players. 2 transfer windows is a long time without strengthening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I can see Stoch becoming a decent player for us. Has really upped his game this season by all accounts. He's got a few goals this season and some European experience.

Franco I'm not so sure about, doesn't seem to know where the goal is but his build up play is fairly decent.

I'd imagine Mancienne and Bruma also have a chance so I'd say we are ok at the back.

Delac has also had a few training sessions with Chelsea. Ha maybe he could straight into the first team! lol

So I'd definitely say we need to strengthen midfield and upfront for the short term any way

I'd like to see Aguero and Dzagoev. Think they'd be great signings. I do think we need to sign someone. Wouldn't depend on Ballack or Deco to do much, both have been poor tbh.

Ancelotti has been saying we won't sign anyone but we really do need to sign players. 2 transfer windows is a long time without strengthening.

has Dzagoev been strongly linked, I just checked his wiki (never heard of him before and he claims to be a chelsea fan alright.

Ah sure ye know yourself how these things go! Supposedly we were strongly in for him during the summer, but because Yuri came there was no way Dzagoev was leaving as well. I suppose a lot of it came from Hiddink and him being a Chelsea fan, but a very decent prospect non the less. One for the future.

Got my ticket for the Birmingham away game on Stephens Day this morning. An extra 1000 went on sale this morning for members and season ticket holders. :) Flights cheap enough with Aer Lingus. :)

Just booked my flights for this!€70 return all in with Aer Lingus, Ryanairs flights were pushing it with the 12.45 kick off. Can't wait for this now.

A clean sheet on Wednesday is a must imo. Same as a Drog hat-rick. ;)

I'm heading to the Portsmouth game on Wednesday and then back over for Sunday's clash against the Hammers.

Was actually gonna go to the Birmingham game on 26th... but the fact that I'm flying out to Vegas on 27th made me reconsider... Still sorely tempted tho! :D

Cannot see any other results other than a very comprehensive 9 points from these 3 games... Providing, when we need a change of strip, that WE DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, WEAR THE ACCURSED 'AWAY' JERSEY! Wear the white 3rd one instead!!! Believe me! Every game played in that away jersey since August we've lost! (Villa, Wigan, Blackburn (Carling Cup) and Man City). Never wear that away jersey again!!! Keep it Royal Blue or White, thank you...

It's my favourite jersey this season. Such a pity thats it's curses :mad:

I'm heading to the Portsmouth game on Wednesday and then back over for Sunday's clash against the Hammers.

Was actually gonna go to the Birmingham game on 26th... but the fact that I'm flying out to Vegas on 27th made me reconsider... Still sorely tempted tho! :D

Cannot see any other results other than a very comprehensive 9 points from these 3 games... Providing, when we need a change of strip, that WE DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, WEAR THE ACCURSED 'AWAY' JERSEY! Wear the white 3rd one instead!!! Believe me! Every game played in that away jersey since August we've lost! (Villa, Wigan, Blackburn (Carling Cup) and Man City). Never wear that away jersey again!!! Keep it Royal Blue or White, thank you...

Nice one. :) Still tickets for the Birmingham game available. :)

Love the away shirt got it with Essien but you are right we have to wear the white one for the away games!

I reckon Ancellotti is saying that in order to not up the price for certain targets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

I can see Stoch becoming a decent player for us. Has really upped his game this season by all accounts. He's got a few goals this season and some European experience.

Franco I'm not so sure about, doesn't seem to know where the goal is but his build up play is fairly decent.

I'd imagine Mancienne and Bruma also have a chance so I'd say we are ok at the back.

Delac has also had a few training sessions with Chelsea. Ha maybe he could straight into the first team! lol

So I'd definitely say we need to strengthen midfield and upfront for the short term any way

Stoch is playing great but it is only the Eredivisie after all - think of all those hot-shot strikers from the Dutch league that have failed to make it in the Prem.

Mancienne isn't good enough for Chelsea - can just about handle the Prem. level but nowhere good enough for a team with designs on winning titles and and an assault on the CL........Bruma looks the part though from what I've seen of him, and won't be pushed around physically.

Dzeko or Aguero - give me the Bosnian any day, more versatile, very
    good in the air, and I reckon carrying less attitude/baggage than Diego Armando's son-in-law !!

jrar wrote: »
    Stoch is playing great but it is only the Eredivisie after all - think of all those hot-shot strikers from the Dutch league that have failed to make it in the Prem.

Dzeko or Aguero - give me the Bosnian any day, more versatile, very
    good in the air, and I reckon carrying less attitude/baggage than Diego Armando's son-in-law !!

I would imagine Stoch will get his chance under Ancelotti. He still has time to develop. Maybe another season on loan in the Premier League or Italy would suit him.

Still pick Aguero over Dzeko tbh. Dzeko is a very good player but he seems to have his heart set on Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

I would imagine Stoch will get his chance under Ancelotti. He still has time to develop. Maybe another season on loan in the Premier League or Italy would suit him.

Still pick Aguero over Dzeko tbh. Dzeko is a very good player but he seems to have his heart set on Milan.

Would like to see Stoch recalled, no problem, but would worry about the idea that he's the new Robben etc.

It's my favourite jersey this season. Such a pity thats it's curses :mad:
    Nice one. :) Still tickets for the Birmingham game available. :)

Love the away shirt got it with Essien but you are right we have to wear the white one for the away games!

It's my favourite too... It's so nice in looks and I prefer the material it's made of than the current home jersey. Pity it's cursed.

Ha, I cannot go to the Birmingham game. The guys I'm going to Vegas with would kill me. Much as I'd love to.

But as for January signings, I think that we do not need Aguero as much as we need a very decent central/attacking midfielder to kinda replace Deco/Ballack. Deco and Ballack are two players I love and think can be so good, but they are definitely not up to the task this season. Aguero would be a good investment for the future and a lovely replacement for Drogs while he's at the ACN.

Possibly also a defensive-mid seeing as Essien is also injured. Jérémy Toulalan would be worth chasing at this stage, if the price tag was not too high...

Possibly also a defensive-mid seeing as Essien is also injured. Jérémy Toulalan would be worth chasing at this stage, if the price tag was not too high...[/QUOTE]

I take it at this stage there are very few Mikel fans left? I have to say I really wanted him to prosper in the DMC role but jaysus he's so ponderous on the ball., everything just slows down when it goes through him. He can't actually pass a ball that well and his concentration is awful as well. Really had hopes for him but I'd say you could be right on the DM,

Never been a fan of Mikel to be honest. As you say he slows us down, he can't pass the ball forward and he gives away needless free-kicks.

He is only 22 though and with Essien out he will probably get a proper run in the team so hopefully he can improve playing regularly although I'll be ****ting it everytime he gets the ball. :D

• Advertisement

I cringe every single time Mikel gets on the ball. He never seems to be able to pass forward or pass accurately. God damn... hopefully he gets better... cos he sure as FÚCK couldn't get much worse...

The youths beat Charlton in the youth cup 2-1. Bruma and Mitrovic with the goals. Clifford, Conor not Billy captained the side. Also good to see him doing well with the reserves. There is a lad on talkchelsea who uploads all the youth and reserve games onto youtube. EskWeston is his name, very good to watch them if you have the time.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EskWeston

Few goals from Conor Clifford, hopefully future Republic of Ireland and Chelsea captain. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRoAeJ7HIoY Near the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec_kISapHH0 50 seconds in what a strike.

Ballack and Carvalho apparently dropped for tomorrow's game. Hope Alex is back soon. Joe Cole really needs to put in some big performances too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well the think about Mikel is that he thinks he is a lot better than he actually is. Obviously people are looking at his as Claude Mak's successor. Now Claude Mak couldn't pass a ball more than 5 yards until past his 30's however he was fully aware of this and gave the ball immediately to better players once he won it.

Mikel doesn't do this. He thinks he is the complete package and holds the ball far too long all be it rarerly giving it away. He is far too slow. Someone should have a word and say when he gets it immediately give it to someone else and concentrate on his positioning and reading of the game as they are both shocking. He stands right in front of the 2 cb's and can't see danger before if happens. This was the magical part of Maks game he knew when a CB would be in trouble and was already in place for when it happened. Mak needs to get to that level and so far he isn't anywhere near it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think Mikel will turn out to be a brillant player, hes kind of like Anderson at United, big potential just needs to get some time playing more often.

Last year when he got his chance he was very effective and even when he got a run in previous years he has played well once he got a good run of games under his belt.

I think he needs to get his head in the games more though as he has the tendency to drift in and out of games sometimes. If I could play a Chelsea midfield of Mikel Essien Lampard J.Cole I would be happy they could beat most teams in that area.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement