Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

gavredking wrote: »
    I think Mikel will turn out to be a brillant player, hes kind of like Anderson at United, big potential just needs to get some time playing more often.

Last year when he got his chance he was very effective and even when he got a run in previous years he has played well once he got a good run of games under his belt.

I think he needs to get his head in the games more though as he has the tendency to drift in and out of games sometimes. If I could play a Chelsea midfield of Mikel Essien Lampard J.Cole I would be happy they could beat most teams in that area.

I agree, i like mikel, tidy on the ball.
    But he lacks concentration and is prone to mistakes and lets face it when your constantly been compared to the mighty michael essien your always going to look average.
    He needs more time, hes still young and i'd like to see how he would do if played a little further forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

3-0 tonight I'm going for. :)

Hopefully Drogba will be fit.

Kalou instead of Dider.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

10-0 id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

that extra training hasn't helped us much it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

1-1 another bizaree goal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Any body got a link for this?

just posted one in the links thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Jesus thank **** for that lads. Couldn't see it streams were all ****e! We were bad I take it?

• Advertisement

normal service is resumed

phew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

didnt get to see the game, just read the updates on yahoo eurosport, bringing on malouda, cole and borini as soon as their goal went in, its great to see the manager made those changes and went all out on the attack.
    still, by the reads of it, another blunder in defence caused them to score, we gotta start learning and bucking up back there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Borini again showing some nice touches tonight. Have to say I think Pompy deserve some credit here, that was some great defending and Grant had them well organised. Every time a Chelsea player got near the box there was 2 players around him. The art of defending sometimes gets lost in todays modern hyperbole attack attack attack mentality.

Hard fought and nervous 2-1 watching it but well done. Job done and what the hell is happening at set pieces that was a seriously bizarre goal and the balls are just not falling correctly in that department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FedEx

I was thinking a convincing win was needed .... 2-1 at home against Portsmouth ??? not good .... we should be beating those guys 3-0 ... MINIMUM!!

anyway ... 3 pts is the main thing ... lets hope we can get the confidence back ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

yeah 3 points is massive, would have been near-disasterif we didn't get them,
    we just need to find out what the heck is going on get rid of the dross in january (ballack,deco) and reinject some Mourinho juice.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/4220144/

Man, Pomepys goal was so lucky!

Why pick Deco, its like last season he wasn't bad but he wasn't great either one good pass to Anelka in whole match.
    Kalou is so so poor and I can't understand what Malouda has done wrong??? Great to see Alex back, we are badly missing Boswinga down the right as the crosses are coming in deep and not to the byeline.

Borini > kalou...................or is it just me thinking this?:p

oh and also,
    Kakuta > kalou...............yes:D

• Advertisement

Kalou>Kakuta FFS just bcos he is in the media doesnt make him a good player. We are in trouble.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

why we gave kalou another contract, i don't know. borini does look promising, but we are sorely going to miss drogba and essien. ballack and deco again fail to deliver anything of note. why not stick kakuta at the tip of the diamond? i know chd your not sold on him or think he'll get kicked around, but sure he cant do any worse than deco, and cole hasnt been too magnificent there either. on another note did anyone think terry was a bit all over the place tonight? maybe because he hasn't played with alex for a while. btw sorry for lack of caps

I will agree Deco isnt great but this is the EPL and he is a little lad leading a midfiled. this wont work in EPL, its also why J.Cole wont do feck all in this diamond. Kakuta would be anonymous in the diamond. WE HAVE TO PLAY 4-5-1 FFS WE WOULD WALK THE LEAGUE. Anyway im very drunk so im gona shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

CHELSEA CHELSEA.

Dazmarz we are goin in new year, pick a game and pm me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

CHD wrote: »
    . WE HAVE TO PLAY 4-5-1 FFS WE WOULD WALK THE LEAGUE.quote]

Totally agree, a variation of 4-5-1 or a modified 4-3-3 would see us home and dry IMO.

Id like to see 4-3-3 come back with Cole/Malouda and Anelka playing off Drogba. Midfield kind of picks itself really, Lampard Essien, Ballack/Mikel

Same with the back 4 when there all fit, easy to pick.
    Hope we can push on and take maximum points around the christmas period, it will make losing the lads to African Nations a bit easier come January/February.

I have to agree with the comments about Kalou, hes kind of like our version of Ryan Babel, a good talent just absolutely out of his depth it seems playing in the EPL. I think Kakatu and Borini will get more game time if we dont dip into the transfer market and I think in a 4-3-3 Kakatu would be perfect to play from the wide position as he would have less defensive work to do and at the moment he just isnt strong or experienced enough to play in the hole or up front IMO.

In any of the youth/reserve games ive seen he has been the best player by a mile and yes I agree the step up to seniors is a huge step up but when you look at other similar young talebted players in the league, Ramsey, Wilshire, Welbeck, Macheda, he is as talented or even more so then most of them hope he can step up to level for us.

Got my Birmingham ticket in the post yesterday. :D

Kalou>Kakuta FFS just bcos he is in the media doesnt make him a good player. We are in trouble.

welll in the short amount of time he has played this season he has done more than kalou who really should be doing better.
    I have concerns for kalou (hes tooo inconsistant) and so frustrating to watch but I honestly think kakuta an d borini should be given more of a chance:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Drogba back in this weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Dazmarz we are goin in new year, pick a game and pm me.

I'm leaning towards the Sunderland game, tbh. Be an interesting enough game and I'd like to go to it purely cos I went to see Chelsea v. Sunderland in Stadium of Light earlier in season, so would like to see ''return leg'' as it were. But whatever you fancy, CHD. I'm easy; once Chelsea are playing, I'll go see it!!!:D

Last night was a very drab affair, with only a few brief flashes of the brilliance Chelsea are capable of. Ashley Cole was immense, both in attack and defence. Fabio Borini is potentially a future star, showing incredible coolness, speed and strength in going forward; creating two of the better chances of the second half for Chelsea in the closing stages.

Once again, a soft goal shipped thanks to sloppy shíte defending from a set-piece. Cech really needs to wake up when it comes to set pieces and get his act together. Again, I'd moot to have Hilario or Turnbull start a game or two, just to show him that he is not guaranteed his spot if he fúcks up.

Successfully froze myself to pieces last night, only wore jersey and jeans to game, believing it to be showing team spirit (or something). Was getting strange looks all game by lads looking lovely and cozy in their anoraks... straight to hotel after for a roasting hot bath!!!:o

West Ham on Sunday... going on last night's performance, take nothing for granted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Drogba back in this weekend?

Jesus your xbox avatar scared the **** outta me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

DazMarz wrote: »
    Once again, a soft goal shipped thanks to sloppy shíte defending from a set-piece. Cech really needs to wake up when it comes to set pieces and get his act together.

To be fair, there was very little he could have done to stop the goal, 2 deflections drop the ball right into the path of an attacker 6 yards from goal,
    Quite frankly once the ball dropped to piquianne(sp?) it would be asking alot to expect Cech to save(,Youve got to assume the striker is more likely to score from that distance with only the keeper to beat.

ive an exam this morning, thats not good news.
    i came across this on football365 this morning, that is good news..whoop whoop!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Killinator wrote: »
    To be fair, there was very little he could have done to stop the goal, 2 deflections drop the ball right into the path of an attacker 6 yards from goal,

I thought that when watching the match. An amazingly fortuitous goal for Pompy so no blame on Chelsea.

However I came across a strange statistic that 12 of Chelsea 14 conceded in the prem this season are from set pieces. So I used the reliable footytube to look at some of this seasons set pieces and I think I've spotted why.

If you look at them in comparison with the days of Jose the timing has been lost as to when to push up and when to stay put. All through this season Chelsea are pushing up too late (when the ball has been kicked rather than just before) and its resulting in a number of attackers finding themselves onside in behind the defense. Now I've no idea if this is Carlo's, Cech's or JT's fault or a collection but someone needs to look at it and realise the timing is all wrong.

papagormo wrote: »
    ive an exam this morning, thats not good news.
    i came across this on football365 this morning, that is good news..whoop whoop!

That makes me happy. Be brilliant if he came January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

No way Josè

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Giggled like a schoolgirl when this draw came out. Really hope Arsenal aren't playing the same day as I'd really like to see this one.

Tough draw for us but we should get through it.

Great draw, Welcome back Jose and enjoy your last two matches in the CL this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

interesting.... VEEEERY interesting...

could have done with meeting Jose just yet, still, quite fancy a trip to milan

growler wrote: »
    could have done with meeting Jose just yet, still, quite fancy a trip to milan

It would be nice alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Any word on Drogs for Sunday?

• Advertisement

Soby wrote: »
    Any word on Drogs for Sunday?

Apparently he has recovered from his back injury.

UnitedLOL.

We better not slip up tomorrow. Drogba hat-rick.

Sturridge is back tomorrow too, I hope Zhirkov will eventually get his chance in midfield.
    Despite Malouda picking up form last season and this season he still hasn't quite performed at a consistent level.

i hope to jaysus we take absolute full advantage tomorrow and go 6points clear.t'wud be a much merrier christmas!

If we do not seize this initiative tomorrow and get a 6-point cushion going into Christmas, I'll be gutted.

Hopefully the snow will hold off, cos I don't wanna miss this game.

West Ham are very shaky at the moment and are missing some key players. But, as was proven on Wednesday night, even playing a team on the bottom of the league, a set-piece or two from a dangerous position could leave Chelsea struggling defensively.

Hopefully with Drogba back into the side, that much havoc will be created in going forward, we won't need a defence!!!:D

Delighted with the result today, Fulham deserve a big round of applause from their nearest neighbours, for giving us a huge boon in the quest for the title.

Hopefully we get to see more of Fabio Borini; he was immense on Wednesday night. Fast, strong and with a cracker of a shot. So unlucky not to score against Pompey, but give him another chance tomorrow and you never know.

3-0 Chelsea tomorrow is the dream. 6-point cushion and some very happy blues!!!

Right, that's grand... Just checked no snow on the ground here... London appears quite clear too.

So all good!!!

With any luck, our 6-point lead will be firmly in place by approx. 6pm this evening! Super Blues!!!:D

Enjoy the game. :D

Come on Chels! 3-0 and 3 points please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

So is Drogba playing or what?

According to ESPN he starts :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

I wonder are we dropping the diamond today for a normal 442? Midfield of J.Cole, Ballack, Lamps and malouda.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement