Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Chelsea team to play Malaysian Select XI:

Cech
    Essien
    Terry
    Carvalho
    Bridge
    Mikel
    Lampard
    Deco
    J Cole
    Wright-Phillips
    Anelka

Kick Off 1.45pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Chelsea beat A.C 5-0... I know AC were missing some big names, but it's still pretty hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Match Report

Nice to see Anelka get a few, 7 goals in 3 for him

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

AC Milan didn't play with any forwards, serves them right for playing such a retarded team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Milan's team was a joke. They had no strikers so they had to play Ambrosini on his own up front.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

AC Milan didn't play with any forwards, serves them right for playing such a retarded team!

didnt exactly have a choice... nesta, boriello, inzaghi and kaka all out, pato and ronaldinho at olmypics, only one striker (18y/o and carrying a knock) in the atch day squad due to injuries...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

I read this morning that most of the Milan side were drinking the night before too:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

It's the future:
    http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/06/08/the_end_of_forward_thinking.html

;)

So Chelsea supporters, from what you have seen from pre-season, do you think that Abramovich's wish for sexy football will come true at the Bridge?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

eZe^ wrote: »
    So Chelsea supporters, from what you have seen from pre-season, do you think that Abramovich's wish for sexy football will come true at the Bridge?
    Dont see us changing much but we will be there til the end in CL an EPL as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Chelsea bid €25m for Robinho according to BBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Chelsea bid €25m for Robinho according to BBC.

Just saw that today

Do Chelsea need another striker????

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

hes a WF though not an out and out striker, SWP, Kalou, Malouda, Joe Cole are the ones that would be competing with him in Chelsea's formation from last year. sign Robinho and their squad would be complete IMO but i think they will need to up the bid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭chalad07

It's confirmed on the Chelsea website that they've bid for Robinho, although it doesnt say how much for,

I'm a little worried about our options up front, esp at the start of the season when Drogba will be out. Hopefully Anelka will be firing on all cylinders, but i'm not banking on it. As for the back up we have, it just doesnt make me feel safe. Pizarro isnt up to it as far as i can tell, and Shev, well.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I'd prefer to see them sign another out and out left winger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

chalad07 wrote: »
    It's confirmed on the Chelsea website that they've bid for Robinho, although it doesnt say how much for,

I'm a little worried about our options up front, esp at the start of the season when Drogba will be out. Hopefully Anelka will be firing on all cylinders, but i'm not banking on it. As for the back up we have, it just doesnt make me feel safe. Pizarro isnt up to it as far as i can tell, and Shev, well.......
    Shev had the best goal per game ratio of all Chelsea strikers last season. No joke :)

Will be interesing to see if Scolari can rejuvanate him (and Malouda too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Sheva played heroically towards the end of last season for us. Didn't he make a couple of off the line clearances? As for a left sided winger, Joe Cole and Malouda cover that position fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭chalad07

SofaK wrote: »
    Shev had the best goal per game ratio of all Chelsea strikers last season. No joke :)

Will be interesing to see if Scolari can rejuvanate him (and Malouda too).

Really? I didnt know that. But we still need Drogs to pop up in the Big games, like against Arse last year - great stuff.

I'm optimistic about Malouda, i really think he's got potential, and apparently Scolari has given him a kick up the arse,

Robinho deal is off so the multi million Kaka rumours start again
    SkySports wrote:
    Chelsea are still in talks with AC Milan over a stunning summer swoop for Kaka, according to the player's personal assistant.

The Brazil international has been linked with the Premier League outfit following the appointment of compatriot Luiz Felipe Scolari as manager.

Milan insist their gifted playmaker is not for sale, but reports suggest a 100million euros (£78million) deal could yet be brokered before the closure of the transfer window at the end of the month.

Kaka, who is under contract at the San Siro until 2012, is said to be unhappy over Milan's refusal to allow him to represent his country at the Olympic Games in Beijing.

And the brilliant Brazilian's personal assistant, Diogo Kotscho, has claimed talks between the two clubs are ongoing.
    Negotiate

Kotscho told The Observer: "I spoke with Kaka yesterday (Saturday). We know that the clubs are talking about the transfer, although they have not reached a conclusion yet.

"I think an August transfer is still a possibility, though Kaka will only talk about that when they do a deal.

"He is waiting for a deal and then he will start to negotiate with Chelsea.

"Normally, Milan do not sell their best players. We think they like the proposal, but it is not so easy for them to accept it.

"For now we must just wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

F*ck me Kaka!!!

Now that would be a great signing, whatever people say about Chelsea and Roman's money, the possibility of bringing the best players in the world to the Premier League is great imo, I'd Love to see Kaka play every week, hope you sign him.

• Advertisement

Hope we sign him but we dont really need to.

Hahahaha, Chelsea are soon becoming the new Galacticos... Wait for it all to go tits up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

So Drogbaand Lampard are staying?

Is Deco the biggest signing this summer for Chelesa so far?

Anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

JP Liz wrote: »
    So Drogbaand Lampard are staying?

Is Deco the biggest signing this summer for Chelesa so far?

Anymore?

Bosingwa. twice the price of Deco.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Looks like were going to get this guy from Portugal Don't know much about him. From what I've heard he was an amazing prospect a few years back but has a bad attitude and is injury prone. He has been on loan in the Portugese second division for a while.

Anyone know anything about him?

Looks like we are finally going to sign him. He has publicly stated for the first time that he wants to join Chelsea.
    However it looks like Chelsea will have to pay the 40 million to get him. I find this ridiculous, what was the point in negotiating for weeks when we were just going to pay the asking price anyway.

Bye Bye SWP.

40 million seems to be the fee alright. Madrid will be laughing all the way to the bank with that to be honest. Its twice what they orginally payed when he was seen as the next 'Pele'...

At the same time though, he'll may be excellent for Chelsea, and is head and shoulders above the likes of Malouda and SWP. Lets hope he is given the free role behind the striker, that way he will really shine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

eZe^ wrote: »
    40 million seems to be the fee alright. Madrid will be laughing all the way to the bank with that to be honest. Its twice what they orginally payed when he was seen as the next 'Pele'...

At the same time though, he'll may be excellent for Chelsea, and is head and shoulders above the likes of Malouda and SWP. Lets hope he is given the free role behind the striker, that way he will really shine.
    Madrid will be happy at that kind of price for sure - but with money not mattering much to Chelsea (despite the image they've tried to start cultivating), I think Robinho could be a cracking player for them... he's absolute class when his confidence is good and I would've loved him at Arsenal.

I think he'll be a great singing from us. (if we get him) I can see him playing where Joe Cole played against Pompey. Which will probably see Anelka back on the bench once Drogba is fit again.

Or else check out JomzaJung. Haven't ordered from it myself but a load of posters were giving it massive props on one of the other threads.

http://www.jomzajung.com

As for Robinho, I don't really think he'll be able to force his transfer. Real aren't going to give him to us without a replacement lined up

• Advertisement

This one could go on until the deadline. Anyway we have signed Paim on a season long loan from Sporting Lisbon. Lets hope Scolari can get the best out of
    him. If he does we could have a real gem of a player on our hands.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Or else check out JomzaJung. Haven't ordered from it myself but a load of posters were giving it massive props on one of the other threads.

http://www.jomzajung.com

As for Robinho, I don't really think he'll be able to force his transfer. Real aren't going to give him to us without a replacement lined up

Are those jerseys real? £8 for the new jersey seems awfully cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Are those jerseys real? £8 for the new jersey seems awfully cheap.

night shift product it seems.

There was a thread on jerseys here about two weeks ago and a load of respected posters were saying they were fantastic. Xavi6 and Des (I think) couldn't recommend them enough but I haven't pulled the trigger yet and bought one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

There was a thread on jerseys here about two weeks ago and a load of respected posters were saying they were fantastic. Xavi6 and Des (I think) couldn't recommend them enough but I haven't pulled the trigger yet and bought one

Are there any similar (or even slightly more expensive) sites where you can get jerseys in smaller sizes? Looking at that site, I can't see anything beneath Medium....

The Robinho price is in Euros and is well worth the money....for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Wasn't me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Looks like were going to get this guy from Portugal Don't know much about him. From what I've heard he was an amazing prospect a few years back but has a bad attitude and is injury prone. He has been on loan in the Portugese second division for a while.

Anyone know anything about him?

I remember him on CM4 or CM03/04

Him and Adu were the 2 standout kids at the start of the game!

Naturally means he will become a god

Becauce Adu is a god :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

:D

This is the thread that the site was first mentioned on, Des, Dave. Same thing
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055345252&highlight=jomzajung&page=2

If Robinho signs Chelsea will win everything twice

I think Paim could be a great signing for us. What have we got to lose. Only taking him for a year on loan, so we can ship him off again if he doesn't produce. We really need some decent wingers. With Robinho looking likely now and hopefully this kid will be a revelation under Scolari we would have a few systems to play.
    Just wondering what you guys think whether he will sit in the reserves for a season like Di Santo or be brought straight into first team.
    Surely this spells the end for SWP or Malouda?

• Advertisement

Got the win today at least. Didn't get to see the whole match, just the highlights. Deco's free was exquisite. Real class act. From what I saw Wigan had most of the possession and chances. Cech looked in good form again. Anyone see the whole match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Got the win today at least. Didn't get to see the whole match, just the highlights. Deco's free was exquisite. Real class act. From what I saw Wigan had most of the possession and chances. Cech looked in good form again. Anyone see the whole match?
    Yeah I saw it.....
    OK so we were not as good last week, but we got the 3 points which is the most important thing.
    Cech had nothing to do really but neither did the Wigan keeper.
    We looked solid in defence again, and although Wigan had more of the ball we never really looked in danger of throwing away the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

With Anelka and Joey being pretty dreadful today and Ballack and Essien not really fit enough, I think it was a great result. Cech and the defence were pretty solid.
    We need another forward me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

CHD wrote: »
    If Robinho signs Chelsea will win everything twice

Chelsea are close to signing Real Madrid forward Robinho, according to Blues chief executive Peter Kenyon

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7584770.stm

be nice to have him play on sunday :-)

waits for the "chelsea runing football" comments from utd fans.

So what do you guys think of the draw for us.

Chelsea
    Roma
    Bordeaux
    CFR Cluz

I think we should be in pretty good shape.
    I think Liverpool and Arsenal have tougher groups.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement