Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Happy christmas lads!

Come on Chels!! If ya cant do the bouncy your a yid. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

merry xmas good chelsea fans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Merry Christmas and A Happy Blue Year from a very very very very, sinfully hungover DazMarz.....

COME ON THE CHELS!!!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Happy christmas lads!

A good win tomorrow to end the year on top!

got me the "Dazzling Dozen" dvd, the 2 games between chelsea vs liverpool in the champions league. the second game was absolutely epic, so im delighted with that.
    third strip jersey with anelka on the back is in the post too apparently, so happy days,
    KAMON THE BLUES!

The other half got a load of stuff off the megastore for me, was delighted! Scarf,hat,away kit cushion,lovely jumper and a pair of slippers! :) And my ma got me the flights to Birmingham and my sister payed for the ticket for the match tomorrow! Can't wait now going to be freezing but ah well. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Petr Cech
    2 Branislav Ivanovic
    33 Alex
    26 John Terry (c)
    3 Ashley Cole
    12 John Mikel Obi
    35 Juliano Belletti
    8 Frank Lampard
    15 Florent Malouda
    23 Daniel Sturridge
    11 Didier Drogba.

Substitutes: 40 Hilario, 19 Paulo Ferreira, 6 Ricardo Carvalho, 13 Michael Ballack, 18 Yury Zhirkov, 10 Joe Cole, 21 Salomon Kalou.

If Borini is supposed to be playing monday then why isn't he on bench????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

absolute disaster.

we were pitiful

I am glad Malouda will is suspended now after that red.

I hope this is how you feel Carlo:
    "As I hide behind
    these books I read,
    while scribbling
    my poetry,
    like art could save a wretch like me,
    with some ideal ideology
    that no one could hope to achieve.
    And I am never real;
    it is just a sketch in me.
    And everything I made is trite
    and cheap
    and a waste
    of paint,
    of tape,
    of time."

secondly what the heck is this story about him still absolutely insisting we are signing no one in january.

it would be absolutely lunacy if true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

MORE points dropped, what the **** is going on:confused:, I'm gona throw a few bob on Villa to win the thing

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

very very poor. Malouda was a disgrace. Kalou is never the answer. Zhirkov left on the bench again after looking promising against West Ham. Kakuta hasn't been in the squad in 3 games after looking very promising. Why not put him on the bench at least? Borini didnt even make the bench and he's supposed to be starting Monday.

4-5-1 would give us much more balance and we would be able to control games again. What a joke :mad:

Hart made some great saves but we were still very uninspiring especially second half, Malouda missed a sitter.
    Time to go back to 4-3-3 but it won't happen, the only way the diamond will work if we have a kaka messi type player at the top and not a cole deco malouda.
    There are problems and I'm quite worried!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FedEx

Yes very worried indeed ... i don-t know what happened to us since winning
    3-0 at Arsenal ... you would think that would boost the confidence but since then
    we have been absolutely f**king sh*t!!!!

I think we are out of it now. ... honestly ... we may be top ... but
    like i said before if a clapped out old Lada is 2 miles ahead in a race ...chugging
    along...
    the finish line is 10 miles away ,,,, and a Lamborghini is flying along 2 miles behind us ...
    who is going to win the race ???

Not the Lada!!!

QED ... Chelsea out of it ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

FedEx wrote: »
    Yes very worried indeed ... i don-t know what happened to us since winning
    3-0 at Arsenal ... you would think that would boost the confidence but since then
    we have been absolutely f**king sh*t!!!!

I think we are out of it now. ... honestly ... we may be top ... but
    like i said before if a clapped out old Lada is 2 miles ahead in a race ...chugging
    along...
    the finish line is 10 miles away ,,,, and a Lamborghini is flying along 2 miles behind us ...
    who is going to win the race ???

Not the Lada!!!

QED ... Chelsea out of it ....

Lol, way to exaggerate.

Who is this Lamborghini then?

It's just an open league this year

• Advertisement

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Lol, way to exaggerate.

Who is this Lamborghini then?

Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Arsenal

Hardly. The scoreline versus Hull flattered them. They have shown their form to be patchy and need to address their forward line.

edit: seen your thread there shoulder. Won't post any more on Arsenal in here

Lets not forget B-gham have only conceded 5 goals at home all season, one things for sure we must beat Fulham at this stage I don't care about the performances we just need a win.

smuckers wrote: »
    Lets not forget B-gham have only conceded 5 goals at home all season, one things for sure we must beat Fulham at this stage I don't care about the performances we just need a win.

That was how I felt this morning.

Arsenal have been quite consistent lately I thought and are getting results despite a current crisis of injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Woke up at 3 was pissed off i missed the match..then seen the result and was happy i missed it but then pissed off again at the result...hopefully this blip in form ends soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Arsenal

Arsenal are unpredictable, have an average defence/keeper and no strikers. Dont think they can win it. Ye are still favs.

Alex's free kick was outstanding and very unlcky, what a save by Cech at the other end.
    We're lucky we didn't lose this match cause if Drogba wasn't injured then B-ghams goal would have been allowed.
    Ivan is our best player at the mo, Sturridge had a very first half not so good second.
    Drogba was poor but will be playing Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

very very poor. Malouda was a disgrace. Kalou is never the answer. Zhirkov left on the bench again after looking promising against West Ham. Kakuta hasn't been in the squad in 3 games after looking very promising. Why not put him on the bench at least? Borini didnt even make the bench and he's supposed to be starting Monday.

4-5-1 would give us much more balance and we would be able to control games again. What a joke :mad:

I'd agree that Malouda was very poor , like his season. Thought Kalou done better when he came on.
    We need Essien back quick and some better performances from the bigger players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

We still have Drogba (and unfortunately Kalou) for Fulham:

Our manager did break some good news in the post-match press conference by informing the awaiting journalists that both Salomon Kalou and Didier Drogba will not depart for the African Cup of Nations until 29 December

That means they'll both be available for the Fulham game on Monday, although Ancelotti also admitted Nicolas Anelka will not play against our London neighbours.

'We asked the national team and the coach agreed with us.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1915278,00.html

Arsenal 3 - 0 Villa ....

Chelsea out of it ... .

jesus an 8 point lead all of a sudden 1 point ....

And what the hell is Ancellotti thinking ??? saying after the game that "it-s a point gained" .... what the f*ck !!!!! Thats 2 points lost ....

he is all of a sudden so negative .... shame we lost Hiddink ....
    if we had Hiddink for the whole of last season we-d have won the league ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Thats 2 Chelsea supporters I now count calling for Hiddink back.

You'se lads need to pull your head out of your arses to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

FedEx wrote: »
    Arsenal 3 - 0 Villa ....

Chelsea out of it ... .

QUOTE]

I'd hardly say we're out of it considering we are on top ... lol

Remember we beat Arsenile 3-0 only a few weeks ago.

Personally i'd like us to change our formation to 4-2-3-1 and put some width on things, put zhirkov on the left and cole on the right and have lamps and ballack making late runs into the box.......... atm we are just too feckin narrow

i really hope the younger lads that get game time in the next few weeks bring back the appetite we had at the beginning of the season

redout wrote: »

OH MY GOD TWO???Are you sure you counted that right?

• Advertisement

Some of his subs have been strange last few games, I hope Sturridge starts agains't Fulham, he was unlucky not to score yesterday.

who was the second supporter?
    iv read previous posts from the poster no.1 im presuming you are on about and i agree with u to an extent in so far as i believe that some of the remarks made by the poster No.1 were a wee bit OTT.

But that is not the view of the majority of the forum fans that post here from what i see, i havent seen any of the more reputable fans calling for Carlo to be axed and replaced by Guus just yet.

Im not taking any digs or anything like that at you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

papagormo wrote: »
    who was the second supporter?
    iv read previous posts from the poster no.1 im presuming you are on about and i agree with u to an extent in so far as i believe that some of the remarks made by the poster No.1 were a wee bit OTT.

But that is not the view of the majority of the forum fans that post here from what i see, i havent seen any of the more reputable fans calling for Carlo to be axed and replaced by Guus just yet.

Im not taking any digs or anything like that at you.

Shoulderchip said it yesterday.

In the match match thread I believe after the game.

Shoulderchip said it yesterday.

In the match match thread I believe after the game.

read some of poster no.1's previous posts. personally id take their opinion with a pinch of salt for the time being.
    If thats Shoulderchip's opinion thats fine, hes fully entitled to it, but i dont believe it to be the opinion of the majority of us on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

I would prefer to have held onto Hiddink, but at the same time I wouldn't be calling for Ancelotti's head at Christmas, thats the last thing we need.

It was more of a throw away comment at a time when I felt absoluyely sickened.

As for my real opinion on it;

I would probably say that Hiddink would be a better manager for us

I think it would be very very unfair to get rid of Ancelotti so soon however, and I am not calling for his head or anything like that.

Of course im not calling for his head either ...
    Just that he did start off where Hiddink left off ... but all of a sudden ....

this accepting **** performances.... I remember when they were behind he would
    lose the head at them at HT ... they would come out and up the performance
    and come back and win .....

Now, he is glad with a point ... ?? !!!

WTF !!! , It's like Benitez, "We are losing , but not drawing as much " ...
    NEGATIVITY.....

If we don't get full points tomorrow of fulham we are screwed...

I might put a double bet on Arsenal winning the league and Barca the CL ...

Looks like Cole is replacing Malouda, and it won't be Sturridge and Borini instead Drogba and the hapless Kalou.
    Cole has done nowt to warrant a start, give Zhirkov a chance Ancellotti!

Zhirkov must be boning Ancelloti's wife!

He made an impact when he came on against West Ham, coudln't quite believe he didn't even get on the pitch yesterday. He deserves a start.

• Advertisement

I have nothing against ancellotti but I just hate the narrow formation, makes us intensly boring to watch,

give me wingers anyday:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I have nothing against ancellotti but I just hate the narrow formation, makes us intensly boring to watch,

give me wingers anyday:D

Hehe welcome to CFC. where entertaining football is on the other side of the city.

:pac:

d22ontour wrote: »
    Hehe welcome to CFC. where entertaining football is on the other side of the city.

:pac:

Yeah but the trophies are all heading west and I dont mean to craven cottage:D

if i were the man with the plan for fulham id be thinking:
    Cech
    Ivanovic -Terry -Alex- A.Cole
    Mikel(Belletti)

Ballack--- Lampard
    J.Cole
    Zhirkov--
    (Kakuta)
    (Borini?)
    Drogba

(Sturridge)

I would love to see that team mate papa, looks very good.

I have a feeling he will line up like this,

Cech
    Mikel

Ballack---Lampard

J.Cole---
    Drogba---Kalou(But hopefully Sturridge)

Johner wrote: »
    I would love to see that team mate papa, looks very good.

I have a feeling he will line up like this,

Cech
    Mikel

Ballack---Lampard

J.Cole---
    Drogba---Kalou(But hopefully Sturridge)

if he plays this team (as he probably will) it will be another nill all draw id imagine, maybe, possibly a win by a single goal but thats it.

• Advertisement

For tomorrow i would go

cech
    Ivan---alex---terry---cole
    mikel
    ----ballack---lampard----
    cole
    zhirkov
    Drogs

It wont happen though, it will be 4-diamond-2 which is narrow, have I mentioned its narrowness, slendernesss, thin.................you get what I mean:D

papagormo wrote: »
    if he plays this team (as he probably will) it will be another nill all draw id imagine, maybe, possibly a win by a single goal but thats it.

Yeah I think we will won tomorrow but with a few scares along the way. 2-1 with Drogba getting both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I won't say what i actually think of Lampard but he isn't good enough for the position he has been placed in the last 4 posts imo.He should actually be the one behind the front two as he isn't what i would call an orthodox midfielder.

I hate when its like this, when all the fans are unanimous in how we could improve and yet the manager sticks to his gins,
    it reminds me of all the transfer windows when I was dying to get a real replacement for Robben, I thought if we went and got two world class wingers the world would be our oyster,I was always mad for Joaquin, I wonder how that would have worked out, instead we missed out on the league for three years and ended up with kalou and malouda.

With Anelka out it seems to make so much sense,

Mikel doing a makelele job
    Ballack bullying midfield and advancing via lampard,
    speedy attacking wingers at either side of him who can lay it off to the big drog-man who can take down any ball and be a threat.

That is why I want to see Zhirkov/Malouda/Cole/Kakuta playing from very wide.

This insightful narrow passing game does not suit games against 11 huge physical players out to stop us doing our stuff,

and I am sick of seeing us huff and puff

d22ontour wrote: »
    He should actually be the one behind the front two as he isn't what i would call an orthodox midfielder.

so maybe go all out and go with:

Cech
    Mikel
    J.Cole
    Zhirkov
    (Kakuta)
    (Borini)
    Lampard
    Drogba
    Sturridge

yowzer!!:D defo see a few goals flying in!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement