Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I hate when its like this, when all the fans are unanimous in how we could improve and yet the manager sticks to his gins,
    it reminds me of all the transfer windows when I was dying to get a real replacement for Robben, I thought if we went and got two world class wingers the world would be our oyster,I was always mad for Joaquin, I wonder how that would have worked out, instead we missed out on the league for three years and ended up with kalou and malouda.

With Anelka out it seems to make so much sense,

Mikel doing a makelele job
    Ballack bullying midfield and advancing via lampard,
    speedy attacking wingers at either side of him who can lay it off to the big drog-man who can take down any ball and be a threat.

That is why I want to see Zhirkov/Malouda/Cole/Kakuta playing from very wide.

This insightful narrow passing game does not suit games against 11 huge physical players out to stop us doing our stuff,

and I am sick of seeing us huff and puff

With the players you have i don't think Lampard could work in an attacking 4-4-2.He needs more protection to be able to offer what he has.Essien can only do so much tbf.Lampard needs 2 midfielders behind him to actually have an effect .2 attacking wingers with Lampard in the middle would make you weaker imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I hate when its like this, when all the fans are unanimous in how we could improve and yet the manager sticks to his gins,
    it reminds me of all the transfer windows when I was dying to get a real replacement for Robben, I thought if we went and got two world class wingers the world would be our oyster,I was always mad for Joaquin, I wonder how that would have worked out, instead we missed out on the league for three years and ended up with kalou and malouda.

With Anelka out it seems to make so much sense,

Mikel doing a makelele job
    Ballack bullying midfield and advancing via lampard,
    speedy attacking wingers at either side of him who can lay it off to the big drog-man who can take down any ball and be a threat.

That is why I want to see Zhirkov/Malouda/Cole/Kakuta playing from very wide.

This insightful narrow passing game does not suit games against 11 huge physical players out to stop us doing our stuff,

and I am sick of seeing us huff and puff
    Isn't the diamond the way Abcelotti has always religiously played the game though. I don't think hes gonna change now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I am really pi$$es off that we have not gone significantly into the transfer market in recent years.
    Our team clearly lacks the dynamic ability of utd and arsenal yet we refuse to add any creative players.
    We keep sticking with players which won the league for us 4 years ago now, we need SOME change imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I was talking about a 4-3-3 not a 4-4-2
    this is for when Anelka is not in the picture.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I am really pi$$es off that we have not gone significantly into the transfer market in recent years.
    Our team clearly lacks the dynamic ability of utd and arsenal yet we refuse to add any creative players.
    We keep sticking with players which won the league for us 4 years ago now, we need SOME change imo.

Yeah I hate the way there is suddenly a lot of doubt over the Aguero deal.

I get the feeling that the higher powers within the club are not taking the transfer ban too seriously and so do not feel pressurised into making a rush of signings

I was hoping for a mini overhaul with the arrival of aguero ribery, hamsik and a young 20 year old cb/cm/striker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I cant see ancelotti chaging from the diamond, its just how he works.
    I'm still not convined this formation can be succesful in english football but it should serve us well in european football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm still not convined this formation can be succesful in english football but it should serve us well in european football.

yeah, i think we need to move away from the diamond in terms of the premiership games, and keep it as a plan B for europe if needs be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

It wasn't succesful in Italian football. He managed a team capable of winning Serie A for 15 years and only won 1 title. I like the guy and wouldn't be in favour of getting rid of him but I never thought he was the right man for the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I was hoping for a mini overhaul with the arrival of aguero ribery, hamsik and a young 20 year old cb/cm/striker

Jesus that's some mini-overhaul! :p

I know he has huge potential and is a decent player as it is, but do Chelsea fans really think Mikel should be starting (given Essien's injury that is). To me, Mikel would be more suited a team that play two holding midfielders. I just dont think he has the legs to be on his own at the back of the diamond. Makelele would cover loads of ground, and we all know how box to box Essien is. Mikel just looks a wee bit limited in his movement and not the type of player Ancelotti would usually like there (ie Gattuso, Flamini, Ambrosini type players who cover more ground). If Essien is out for longer than expected, I'd hazard a guess that this would be Ancelotti's prioritised position to strengthen. Im not saying Mikel doesnt have a place at Chelsea, I just dont think the diamond formation plays to his strengths at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Mikel is doing better recently, he just needs a proper run in the team, he will improve with every game and he's still young.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Johner wrote: »
    Yeah I think we will won tomorrow but with a few scares along the way. 2-1 with Drogba getting both.

Aren't Drogs and the rest of the ACN players all gone off to join their respective national squads at this stage ? I thought Ancelotti had flagged we'd have Borini and Sturridge up front which makes me wonder why Borini wasn't even on the bench on Sat. with a view to giving him a run.

Asking him to start today and suddenly go into firing mode is a bit of an ask for a young fellow with little or no real Prem. experience. I suspect we've come to rely on Drogs a little too much and instead of having a good 4-6 point lead going into Jan. (which we should have if we'd closed out against Everton and converted at least one of our chances against Brum) we're hanging on by 2 from Utd and possible just 1 ahead of the Arse if they win their game in hand..................going to be an in teresting 2nd half of the season but I can't help feeling that Ancelotti is once again concentrating on the CL as his primary goal !

jrar wrote: »
    Aren't Drogs and the rest of the ACN players all gone off to join their respective national squads at this stage ? I thought Ancelotti had flagged we'd have Borini and Sturridge up front which makes me wonder why Borini wasn't even on the bench on Sat. with a view to giving him a run.

Asking him to start today and suddenly go into firing mode is a bit of an ask for a young fellow with little or no real Prem. experience. I suspect we've come to rely on Drogs a little too much and instead of having a good 4-6 point lead going into Jan. (which we should have if we'd closed out against Everton and converted at least one of our chances against Brum) we're hanging on by 2 from Utd and possible just 1 ahead of the Arse if they win their game in hand..................going to be an in teresting 2nd half of the season but I can't help feeling that Ancelotti is once again concentrating on the CL as his primary goal !

Drogba,Kalou and Mikel are all available for today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FedEx

How long will Anelka be out for roughly ?

He should be back for the league game against Hull on the 9th. I wouldn't imagine he will play in the FA Cup game even if fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Could anyone advise what channel the game is on today against Fulham , I cant find it listed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

1 Petr Cech
    19 Paulo Ferreira
    6 Ricardo Carvalho
    26 John Terry (c)
    18 Yury Zhirkov
    12 John Mikel Obi
    13 Michael Ballack
    8 Frank Lampard
    10 Joe Cole
    21 Salomon Kalou
    11 Didier Drogba.

Substitutes: 40 Hilario, 2 Branislav Ivanovic, 33 Alex, 3 Ashley Cole, 35 Juliano Belletti, 44 Gael Kakuta, 23 Daniel Sturridge.

c'mon the blues, great to see Zhirkov start but would have preferred in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

It looks like Zhirkov is only capable of playing at LB in Ancellotti's system. That is to say, that Ancellotti doen't think he has the necessary attributes to play as the left centre-mid in the diamond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Barr wrote: »
    Could anyone advise what channel the game is on today against Fulham , I cant find it listed?

It is not being broadcast in the UK & Ireland.

Its on satellite though if you have one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Nice to see Jose back at the bridge

anybody else think this isnt our strongest team possible?
    jose in the crowd, the pup!
    being home in the sticks is not good for internet speed!

Jose having a look at how Ancelotti does things before they meet in the Champions League!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

better now than later I supose

****sake

ahhh FOOKK!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

ffs a load of crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

fecking joke 0-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

maybe us at Liverpool and you guys can get some sort of training camp organised together to sort out our defending from crosses.

seriously.

SlickRic wrote: »
    maybe us at Liverpool and you guys can get some sort of training camp organised together to sort out our defending from crosses.

seriously.

lets raid birmingham city in jan

• Advertisement

papagormo wrote: »
    lets raid birmingham city in jan

and stoke.

bagsies Shawcross.

you can have Roger Johnson.

:pac:

SlickRic wrote: »
    and stoke.

bagsies Shawcross.

you can have Roger Johnson.

:pac:

You just jinxed him. One of the misses of the season seconds ago! :pac:

looks like im back to listening to commentry BBC R5 live.
    fookin hate ****ty internet speeds.

This is a disgrace. :mad:

someone let me know if Kalou makes a touch this half

Archimedes wrote: »
    You just jinxed him. One of the misses of the season seconds ago! :pac:

try this: http://p2p4u.net/watch-live-sports.php?id=10518&link=1

its running fine on my poor home connection

is JT ok?

yup just a blade shaped bruise under his eye, painful but wont stop him

This may be the worst case of a team throwing away a great lead
    and dumping their season ....

im gonna stick my neck out here and say we will finish below liverpool

why is Ballack taking all of these awful corners?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

FedEx wrote: »

Fulham or Chelsea fan ? :p

If Chelsea i would be amazed at that opinion tbh. :eek:

ahh jezz no if anything i think we are facing relegation..honestly..:rolleyes:

Chelsea ... .
    but come on whats going on with this team ???

this is unbelievable ...

I was trying to be positive today ... was really thinking we could get 3 pts here....

now look ...

Chelsea ... .
    but come on whats going on with this team ???

this is unbelievable ...

I was trying to be positive today ... was really thinking we could get 3 pts here....

now look ...

fickle much?

f*ck sake, fulham are a very good team, and ancelotti's risk of rotating is just not working today.

Tactics need to change simple as.... If he doesn't change it today he never will. Oh and bye bye Kalou, if we never see you again no one will care. How did he get a new contract?

you think this is purely down to zhirkov and ferreira so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

When we win the league your not invited to the party

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

you're not playing your first choice wing backs, who are vitally important to the way chelsea play.

ferreira in particular is very ordinary.

that, with the fact drogba's sensational form has dipped slightly, with the fact fulham are a damn good, well organised team, are the reasons you're struggling imo.

• Advertisement

whos this?

Ah I see...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement