Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FedEx

yes, but this would be ok if this was a one off ... but this has been going
    on week in week out now ....

we won once in December ffs ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

at the risk of back seat modding:

Lads can we move the match discussion to the match thread? It's becoming difficult to keep up with both discussions and watch the match at the same time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Carlo, take off Kalou, put on A.Cole and let Zhirkov go up into midfield. and tell Joe to buck up or else Kakuta comes on.
    and tell Sturridge to warm up.
    and tell Ballack to stop taking corners.
    and go out and win the fooking thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

papagormo wrote: »
    Carlo, take off Kalou, put on A.Cole and let Zhirkov go up into midfield. and tell Joe to buck up or else Kakuta comes on.
    and tell Sturridge to warm up.
    and tell Ballack to stop taking corners.
    and go out and win the fooking thing.

Perfect plan

...on the papa

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Lads we have a match thread for a reason,use it.

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    Lads we have a match thread for a reason,use it.

in fairness I think everyone here has moved over to it now,
    we are not used to having match threads for non-broadcasted smaller Chelsea games so sometimes they catch us by surprise.

i hope thats the end of the dip in form.
    best of luck Drogs/Kalou/Mikel/Essien, come back as soon as ye can.
    and for jaysus sake Carlo, diamond formation needs to be buried like a good man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FedEx

Massive relief ....

I hope that comeback will give the team some confidence ....

still worried about the ANC ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

I'd like to know why some opposition fans are saying roll on ACN etc etc after that performance, 3 of the 4 we lose were on the pitch for possibly our most abysmal 70 mins of the season so far and it wasn't down to them that we won the game.

Drogba in fairness took full advantage of what was an excellent cross from Ivanovic and Sturridge excelled in the position Kalou failed in before the switch was made. Kalou was better in the second half but so was most of the team due to the fact that we dominated posession. Mikel was poor, ineffectual at the best of times.

We are losing 2 important players, albeit very important players, but I certainly believe we are more than capable of doing well with what we have. Talks of a crisis or lack of depth are grossly over-exaggerated IMO.

When we have come up short this season it has never been for want of better players, it has been tactical. If Ancelotti picks the right team and uses the right tactics we should sail through January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Iolar wrote: »
    Get in!!!!id say all the chelsea haters are sickened by that result :D

Doubt there's many Fulham or QPR fans on boards tbh.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'm quite looking forward to the ACN just for the change of formation.

Johner wrote: »
    Yeah I think we will won tomorrow but with a few scares along the way. 2-1 with Drogba getting both.

:D/ :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I could be wrong, but no one has mentioned that our current poor form has coincided with Essien's injury - shows how important he is for the team, and I reckon he;s now the most important player for CFC (used to be Frank)

So what sort of team would we like to see now that the lads are leaving for the African Cup of nations? I'd like,

Cech
    Ivanovic -Terry -Carvalho- A.Cole
    Belletti

Ballack--- Lampard
    J.Cole
    Sturridge--
    Anelka

or

Cech
    Ivanovic -Terry -Alex- A.Cole
    Ballack

J.Cole--- Lampard
    Sturridge
    Zhirkov--
    Anelka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Its hard to see who can replace Drogba to get goals

Well Anelka was the top scorer in the Premier League last season and has been one of our best players this season so there's no reason why he can't bag a few while Didier is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I hopr ur rite , must admit Sturridge has been disappointing

In fairness to Sturridge he has had a few niggling injuries throughout the season.

He looked bright when he came on against West Ham, had an alright game against Birmingham he should really have scored and today I thought he did very well when he came on, brought a little spark to the game.

Hopefully he will shine in the next few weeks, I'm exited to see how he does he think he will do well.

suppose id stick with my plan A for Africa and say:

Cech
    Ivanovic Terry Carvalho A.Cole
    Beletti

Ballack--- Lampard
    J.Cole
    Zhirkov--
    (Kakuta)
    (Malouda)
    Anelka

(Sturridge)

il be delighted to see anelka return fully fit and ready to hit the ground running. think hes more than capable of getting goals, especially if he gets quality ball his way. i think hes as good a finisher as you can get in the premiership tbh.
    i think the more game time Sturridge gets the better. he, kakuta and zhirkov have a big opportunity to make an impression over the coming weeks. i hope they take it.

• Advertisement

Yeah I think we will won tomorrow but with a few scares along the way. 2-1 with Drogba getting both.

look at you with your predictive head on ya!:D
    nice one mate, next game give us a heads up on the score and ill go out and stick a tenner on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Chelsea Chelsea - CHD

Good news from the German hero Rafael Honigstein;

he believes that Ballack has just secured a 2 year contract which will be announced shortly
    (Ok I know thats not great but listen..)

he also insists that Chelsea are in advanced talks with Aguero and Marik Hamsik.

This guy is not a Chelsea fan, is not a media flirt or a gossip, he is more a conservative gormless German and I believe him 100%
    [source = Football Weekly Podcast http://audio.theguardian.tv/audio/kip/football/series/footballweekly/1262084945967/8364/gdn.foo.091229.bg.football-weekly-podcast.mp3 ]

Hamsik~
    39954_news.jpg

We have a good break now, until Saturday week (league-wise)
    so hopefully we can pick ourselves up,
    get Anelka back in fine form and dominate during the ACN period with a savvy 4-5-1 formation, with potentially aguero been bled into it slowly when we go a goal or two up.

I am now a hell of a lot more positive about our chances this year, we blew December but we have time on our hands again

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

That would be great news if it was true ShoulderChip. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

excellent signings if true :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

smuckers wrote: »
    excellent signings if true :)

Ancelotti's bluffing then?

I hope its true but I can't see Aguero leaving until the summer if I'm being honest. :( Atletico have just let Sinama Pongolle go so I doubt they will want Aguero going in January and he loves the club so might not want to leave them until he helps them stay in the division. I guess we will see though,I hope I'm wrong!

flahavaj wrote: »
    Ancelotti's bluffing then?

yeah I don't know what his game is to be honest,

I did hear he has a habit of adamnetly denying signings before (although I have forgotten where I read that)

In his opening press conference he did allude to "making jokes" with the press.

If the higher ups are seing the transfer ban in any serious light then surely they would want to strengthen in January

If the higher ups have any money to invests, and there is no reason why they shouldn't then surely this is the time to do it, when the league is there for the taking

If the higher ups want to ensure that we don't become an aged team surely this is the time to continue the re-injection of youth and pace into the team.

Ancelotti denying it:
    • helps us keep a low profile in the transfer market, thereby preventing prcies from going crazy
    • May help keep our targets away from rivals
    • keeps the pressure off the current players
    • Does not upset the camp

Then again maybe I just want it too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

So playing Devil's Advocate here lads, if there are no signings at Chelsea in Jan what conclusions do ye draw?

Cheslea confident the transfer ban will be overturned?
    OR
    Ancelotti happy with his squad?
    OR
    Abramovich not quite as well of as he used to be and tightening the purse strings?

• Advertisement

Shoulder just listened to it there he says they are in talks with them but not advanced as you said.

oh really? must have been lost in translation perhaps...sorry

flahavaj wrote: »
    So playing Devil's Advocate here lads, if there are no signings at Chelsea in Jan what conclusions do ye draw?

Cheslea confident the transfer ban will be overturned?
    OR
    Ancelotti happy with his squad?
    OR
    Abramovich not quite as well of as he used to be and tightening the purse strings?

I would guess a mix of A and C

I think if A and C were both false that B would not be strong enough to overcome Abramovices wishes.

I can accept that he is willing to give him a lot of freedom in the market but not that he would accept his decision to say "no no no"

I hope its true but I can't see Aguero leaving until the summer if I'm being honest. :( Atletico have just let Sinama Pongolle go so I doubt they will want Aguero going in January and he loves the club so might not want to leave them until he helps them stay in the division. I guess we will see though,I hope I'm wrong!

Where have you come from Johner,

your posts here have not gone unapreciated

Carlo said on Chelsea tv that he'll be using the 4-3-3 system again.
    He also said its an important month for Zhirkov and Cole, which seems to suggest that Yuri that will be playing further forward. :)

So tempted to try and get one of the 100 extra tickets going on sale in the morning for Hull away, I really can't afford it though, Hmm. :(

• Advertisement

So tempted to try and get one of the 100 extra tickets going on sale in the morning for Hull away, I really can't afford it though, Hmm. :(

I caved in and bought a ticket for Hull away! Can't afford this ah well. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Going to Sunderland game myself. Expecting a 5-0 win.

Might head to that one! Birthday the day after so If I get a bit of cash might go over!

My birthday tomorrow so the trip has become free :D

• Advertisement

Me and the girlfriend are heading to London the weekend of my birthday which happens to be the weekend of the 6th & 7th Feb when we play Arsenal at the bridge. What are the chances of getting 2 tickets for that? I imagine it would be slim to none but I just said I would ask here, maybe someone might know better.

Is it set in stone definate we will add players over the New year?

In my opinion it would be lunacy if we didn't just incase the ban holds up

eddiehead wrote: »
    Me and the girlfriend are heading to London the weekend of my birthday which happens to be the weekend of the 6th & 7th Feb when we play Arsenal at the bridge. What are the chances of getting 2 tickets for that? I imagine it would be slim to none but I just said I would ask here, maybe someone might know better.

Impossible I would say. I'm a member and probably wont even have enough loyalty points to get one!

Guys where can you buy tickets for matches?

Become a True Blue member. It's £42 for the year and you get priority on tickets. You can buy one ticket and for the matches at home against lower opposition you can usually get two when they go on sale to members again before the general public. Games against West Ham,Spurs,Man Utd,Arsenal and Liverpool are done on loyalty points and unless you have enough even if you are a member you wont get one.

Away tickets are split 60-40 in favor of season ticket holders but are easy enough to get when they go on sale to members if you get up at 7!

Whats that Ticket exchange site called?! Try it.

Viagogo. If you are a True Blue you can use this to be buy one ticket usually loads on there. Might be lucky and get one for the Arsenal game but if you want two you will need two accounts.

Ballack doesn't score doesn't tackle and yet he's supposed to be getting a new contract????
    At least Anelka is fit for Sunday.
    The first half against Fulham was one of the worst performances this season and I'm hoping Carlo will have learned you can only play the diamond in certain games.
    Lamps is not the same player but thats got more do with his performances than the system.
    We need to inject some pace into this team.

Can't wait to see how we do with a change of formation to be honest.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Di Santo has extended his loan until the end of the season with Blackburn. See any future for him with Chelsea lads?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement