Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

gavredking wrote: »
    The 3 up top suits Maloudas game better IMO then slotting him in to a midfield 4. He made his name as the left sided player in a similar 3 man attach in Lyon with Govou on the right and Benzema up top.

Correct although it was Fred rather than Benz. Benz never played much with Malouda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ush1 wrote: »
    Correct although it was Fred rather than Benz. Benz never played much with Malouda.

When I posted that i realised there was another forward who was playing more because he was more senior to the very young Benzema at the time. Completly forgot about Fred. Cheers for the correction.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Yeah Sturridge's second goal was well taken and Lampards was a brillaint finish.

Hopefully Hull will get the same treatment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbqiwu_chelsea-v-watford_sport

highlights of watford thrashing for anyone who has not seen - decent length and high quality

goal nos 3 and 5 are very classy

• Advertisement

one of the guys on the Times the Game podcast is 99% sure that we will buy this January.

He again mentioned that Ancelotti often cites the fact that he uses lies to get around the press, he mentiones it a lot in his book apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

i think we are fairly ok at the back, as long as injury woes dont get the better of us. possibley say goodluck to Paulo Ferriera and get in a younger replacement.
    midfield, think we have enough wide men, think we need a young midfielder to be pushing for a starting place ahead of Ballack. and if Deco left it wouldnt be the end all.
    up front, think we are safe enough, we have younger lads who will hopefully be breaking into the 1st team over the coming seasons. although if Augreo (mis spelt badly) were to join id be more than delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Supermanscat

Chelsea going strong, cant wait to see what the next few games bring, think people predicting they will suffer are exaggerating.

Hopefully the Hull match will go ahead! I'm getting the Eurolines to Leeds leaving on Friday night at 8 so decision better be made by then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

what I just dont understand is that fair enough Ancelotti may not think we need replacements for the african nations(i agree) but as were gonna be banned for next summer & jan windows from making signings and we do have a few players getting on in years we should be signing a few younger players now surely?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FedEx

indeed....

Aguero !

?????

Shiiiit not looking good for going to Hull on Saturday is it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

LanceStorm wrote: »
    what I just dont understand is that fair enough Ancelotti may not think we need replacements for the african nations(i agree) but as were gonna be banned for next summer & jan windows from making signings and we do have a few players getting on in years we should be signing a few younger players now surely?!
    He probably figures he'll be fired by then so it won't be his problem :)

Looks like Arsenal-Bolton might well be rescheduled for the Wednesday before the Sunday we play you at the Bridge... last thing we need after what happened at the Emirates really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    He probably figures he'll be fired by then so it won't be his problem :)

Looks like Arsenal-Bolton might well be rescheduled for the Wednesday before the Sunday we go to the Bridge... last thing we need after what happened at the Emirates!
    Scorgio

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/01/07/1730218/chelsea-boss-carlo-ancelotti-targets-juventus-vincenzo

Fiddly dee, Chelsea consider buying an over 30 striker from Italy again...

God no we don't need another player over 30.

Iaquinta would be one of the few older players that would be acceptable to sign IMO

Only 8 million be tabled, hmm, they must have learned something....

Half season memberships are on sale now for £12.50 for anyone who is interested. Makes it alot easier to get tickets.

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=CHELSEA_PUBLIC&organ_val=24457&pid=6497019

CHD wrote: »
    Iaquinta would be one of the few older players that would be acceptable to sign IMO

why do you say that if you don't mind me asking

• Advertisement

i think we need to learn our lessons from the disaster that was the signing of Shevvy.
    id be more inclined to try gettting in 1 or 2 younger players, who can get games alongside Drogs and Anelka, and in time partner our promising young guns Sturridge, Borini and the boys.

papagormo wrote: »
    i think we need to learn our lessons from the disaster that was the signing of Shevvy.
    id be more inclined to try gettting in 1 or 2 younger players, who can get games alongside Drogs and Anelka, and in time partner our promising young guns Sturridge, Borini and the boys.

yeah thats whay I was hoping we would grab aguero and dzeko

why do you say that if you don't mind me asking
    Would be capable of playing the role Drogba does. Always a plus to have that in reserve and he isn't a bad striker and we are light up top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

What kind of attack is Ancelotti going to go for in Drogba's absence? Will someone like Joe Cole be pushed up alongside Anelka or do you guys think he'll give one of the younger lads a go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I know I only saw him for 20 minutes in a game against Portsmouth, but I thought that Fabio Borini was incredibly impressive; he was fast, he was strong and he was incredibly unfortunate not to score twice (especially the first chance where he side-stepped the 'keeper and the shot whiskered wide). I would definitely give him a run now in January in Drogba's absence. Daniel Sturridge also appears to be another young one showing much promise.

Vincenzo Iaquinta would be a very decent signing (only £8m, a song compared to what was shelled out for Shevchenko), but I really have to wonder at what the thinking is in signing another 30 year old player? A deadly striker he is, a spring chicken he is not.

DazMarz wrote: »
    I know I only saw him for 20 minutes in a game against Portsmouth, but I thought that Fabio Borini was incredibly impressive; he was fast, he was strong and he was incredibly unfortunate not to score twice (especially the first chance where he side-stepped the 'keeper and the shot whiskered wide). I would definitely give him a run now in January in Drogba's absence. Daniel Sturridge also appears to be another young one showing much promise.

Vincenzo Iaquinta would be a very decent signing (only £8m, a song compared to what was shelled out for Shevchenko), but I really have to wonder at what the thinking is in signing another 30 year old player? A deadly striker he is, a spring chicken he is not.
    30 is ok really if he can do a job for us for few seasons.

Poker still on?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Match off tomorrow....bloody snow

30 is ok really if he can do a job for us for few seasons.

Poker still on?

Football matches may be called off, but I, against my better judgement, am like the post office... Snow'll never stop me! Haha, poker is still on.
    Match off tomorrow....bloody snow

Bloody snow as right... Flights booked and everything. F*ck it...

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1927545,00.html

If my lift will risk the icy conditions I fully expect to win the tournament tonight :)

Good old fixture pile up coming our way, yay...

• Advertisement

FFS! Just back from town ready to get on the bus to leeds. Load of bollox.

thats awful johner,

when Essien lifts up the champions league trophy I will ask you if it was worth this happening to you and hopefully you will say,

you know what, it was, it so fucking was.

until then time for some hot chocolate for the soul I think

Damn right. :D

A few cans and a Dominos now is on order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Johner, sorry to hear about your trip to the KC being spoiled, but it may turn out to be a blessing in disguise - football calendar is pretty crowded right now so cannot see this game being re-scheduled for this side of mid-Feb. which means it's one less game to be played whilst the ACN contingent are off in Angola !

OK, it's only Hull, but would far prefer to play them with the Bison and Drogs in place just to be sure of the 3 points !

An even better weekend outcome would be the Mancs. only taking a point off Brum tomorrow thus leaving them a point behind us WITH a game more played ;)

5.5 to 1 for birmingham to win tomorrow

I fancy united not to win in the cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FedEx

Great ... now Arsenal one point behind ....

when will this game in hand be played ?? late April knowing the premier league cr*p scheduling...

in other leagues around europe games in hand are sorted out muy pronto ...

• Advertisement

sorry to hear that johner, make the most of the trip over, go out and celebrate like we just won 5-0!
    next time u head over, it will be twice as worth it.

I was heading over too, flights and all booked. Gutted now that it's all cancelled. F*cking snow...

Consoling myself with White Russians now. Easing pain...

I see we're still being linked with Dzeko as well as Aguero - anyone believe either of them will arrive at the Bridge in the next 3 weeks ??

I'd love to see either brought in to bolster the squad in the longer term especially as both of them are young players with plenty to offer over the next 5/7 years

jrar wrote: »
    I see we're still being linked with Dzeko as well as Aguero - anyone believe either of them will arrive at the Bridge in the next 3 weeks ??

I'd love to see either brought in to bolster the squad in the longer term especially as both of them are young players with plenty to offer over the next 5/7 years

Athleti linging up a successor to kun perhaps?
    http://goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2010/01/09/1734373/atletico-madrid-target-eduardo-salvio-keen-to-leave-lanus

I would like to think we will get one alright

Booking Bimingham home and Burnley away instead! :)

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the re-arranged Hull match.

• Advertisement

Great result from the Emirates - nice to see we're not the only top 4 club that Everton frustrated on their travels !

............and currently HT at St. Andrews with Brum leading 1-0

........whisper it, could yet turn out to be a very good w/end for Chelsea without even kicking a ball !

Great result from St Andrews as well!

Still top. :)

and we all sit back with massive smug grins on our big happy heads!
    gwan the city/everton boyos!

Great day day for Chelsea. Was more a point gained for the other two than 2 points lost too. Woop.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

The suprises continue :P

Is it wrong to hope the African Nations will be cancelled

Best day for Chelsea without them playing a game in a long time... Haha.

Now... If only the ACN would get cancelled, Atletico dropped the tag on Aguero to £2.5m instead of £25m and Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger both get arrested on corruption charges or something... We can always hope...:D;)

Nice one for the text DazMarz!

I'm very drunk now! Come on Chels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DazMarz wrote: »
    Best day for Chelsea without them playing a game in a long time... Haha.

Now... If only the ACN would get cancelled, Atletico dropped the tag on Aguero to £2.5m instead of £25m and Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger both get arrested on corruption charges or something... We can always hope...:D;)
    DAIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE BOY!

Yes, saturday? Epic? Yes?...yes

You know.

Chelsea Chelsea mate

Johner wrote: »
    Nice one for the text DazMarz!

I'm very drunk now! Come on Chels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OI text? you may hit a game with me and Daz sometime mate. Bubs and ShoulderChip jump in too. We may celebrate Boggles leaving the forum and stuff.

OI text? you may hit a game with me and Daz sometime mate. Bubs and ShoulderChip jump in too. We may celebrate Boggles leaving the forum and stuff.

He sent me a text to say the game was called off when I was in town!

Yeah definitely a boardsie Chelsea game session!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement