Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Johner wrote: »
    Yeah definitely a boardsie Chelsea game session!

Whats this now? :D

CHD wrote: »
    We may celebrate Boggles leaving the forum and stuff.

Yea wheres he gone? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Yes, people... We should try and organise a jaunt over to The Bridge some day, cos it is f*cking great.

And even then, if we're not going to games, that we could meet up and watch games in pubs or something, cos I'm always irritated by the fact that most pubs are polluted by Mancs/Scousers/Gooners and barely a Blue in sight... Should find a pub, designate it 'ours' and then watch the games there!:D

Anyone else agree?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I agree.

Ugh hangovers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

DazMarz wrote: »
    Yes, people... We should try and organise a jaunt over to The Bridge some day, cos it is f*cking great.

And even then, if we're not going to games, that we could meet up and watch games in pubs or something, cos I'm always irritated by the fact that most pubs are polluted by Mancs/Scousers/Gooners and barely a Blue in sight... Should find a pub, designate it 'ours' and then watch the games there!:D

Anyone else agree?

I would be up for going over for a match alright,
    I realistically wouldn't go to every match in the chosen pub but would turn up a fair bit especially for games not on Sky
    would be cool if it could work

I would be up for heading over to a match, how about the Stoke match..ya know...the day we seal the deal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Sounds like a plan. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

dont know where the majority of ye hail from, heres a map of official supporter clubs dotted around the country, just zoom in and they should come up.

might be handy for an aul get together and a shout at the big tv.

The contact details for the person who appears to have set up the Dublin supporters club:

Dublin, Eire
    Email : cfcdublin@gmail.com

Does anyone know her?
    should we contact her and try and get a link going between the two communities?

Edit: I apologise for my assumptions that we are primarily Dub based, I am not from Dub but just living here at the moment so have no excuse ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

could do, might do no harm having meet ups every once in a while, especially for bigger games.(such as the remaining "big 4" games and the champions league final..hehh hemm!)

im from galway myself but am in college in dundalk (which i was once told by a fellow chelsea supporter in a bar in town that dundalk had its own official supporters club..i was shocked too)

Yeah, I was goin on the very bad presumption that most people were from in or around Dublin... But for some of the bigger games that maybe we're not all going to live or something, we should try and get a few lads out to a pub. I'm sick of being the only Blue in the bar when there's a game on and the place is polluted with Mancs/Scousers/Gooners etc.:mad:

Sometimes you get a good few african chelsea supporters in the Woolshed, besides that I rarely see many at all in Dub city centre, goodnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

If anybody here is in Cork check out O'Keefes bar on Leitrim Street. A Chelsea supporters bar with lots of good pics decorating the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Yeah, I was goin on the very bad presumption that most people were from in or around Dublin... But for some of the bigger games that maybe we're not all going to live or something, we should try and get a few lads out to a pub. I'm sick of being the only Blue in the bar when there's a game on and the place is polluted with Mancs/Scousers/Gooners etc.:mad:

I bet it's a lot easier than being the only Man U supporter in a bar, everyones out to get you. :D

deisedevil wrote: »
    I bet it's a lot easier than being the only Man U supporter in a bar, everyones out to get you. :D

But how often does that happen?! Man U supporters are everywhere! Very rare to get the opportunity to get them on their own see them alone...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Drogba's Ivory Coast drew 0-0 in one of their two group games,
    I don't know where this leaves them in terms of qualification, do they just have to do better agaisnt Ghana than the other team?

Do we want a sad Drogba back if they fail to get through
    or do we want a happy Drogba back later if they do better in the torunament?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

We want him back asap

We want Drogs and Essien back yesterday. Before they get shot/injured/maimed whatever. Anything happens severely to either of them, kiss it goodbye for Season 09/10. And yes, I am serious about that and no, I'm not overreacting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FedEx

I posted this in the City BB game ...

thought i'd drop it here .... but ... Man City serious serious serious serious serious serious serious serious serious serious serious serious title contenders !!!

adds spice to it !!!!

Mancini has really turned them around , imagine if he had managed them from the start ...

but of course I hope Chelsea win it ... :D

Now what about this young fella Aguero , I hate this with Chelsea
    we are always linked with big names ... wait and see we will sign Heskey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

dzeko or aguero, thats all i want, i think its bullcrap if we dont sign anyone in this window... i miss the excitement actually buying players brought!!

• Advertisement

Yeah, we defo need to bring in a lot of new blood to the table if this transfer ban rubbish is gonna come clattering down on us. But at least we have an awful lot of young talent surging through (Sturridge, Borini, Bruma, Matic, Hutchinson etc.) and if we land Dzeko and/or Aguero, I reckon it'll be cozy.

Also, I reckon we should defo seriosuly consider chasing after Jérémy Toulalan again; get him, he can occupy the holding midfielder position, allowing Essien to charge up the field, where is is deadly effective. And, as much as I love Deco and Ballack, they have been sorely lacking this season and a few younger, meaner central midfielders is also needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Yeah, we defo need to bring in a lot of new blood to the table if this transfer ban rubbish is gonna come clattering down on us. But at least we have an awful lot of young talent surging through (Sturridge, Borini, Bruma, Matic, Hutchinson etc.) and if we land Dzeko and/or Aguero, I reckon it'll be cozy.

Also, I reckon we should defo seriosuly consider chasing after Jérémy Toulalan again; get him, he can occupy the holding midfielder position, allowing Essien to charge up the field, where is is deadly effective. And, as much as I love Deco and Ballack, they have been sorely lacking this season and a few younger, meaner central midfielders is also needed.

actually I was talking about Toulalan to one of my buddies, I think hes a good player but if we could get anybody for that position Id love to see Flamini brought in from A.C. Milan. Fantastic player and I reckon we colud get him, we might have to pay about 5 million more for him then Toulalan but hes younger and would be worth it, IMO of course.

Mikel not playing well at all for Nigeria so far, keeps giving it away.

Anywhere to watch the Youth Cup match tonight? My ChelseaTV is acting the bollix and wont work.

Youth's are through to the next round, they won 4-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

FedEx wrote: »
    I posted this in the City BB game ...

thought i'd drop it here .... but ... Man City serious serious serious serious serious serious serious serious serious serious serious serious title contenders !!!

adds spice to it !!!!

Mancini has really turned them around , imagine if he had managed them from the start ...

but of course I hope Chelsea win it ... :D

Now what about this young fella Aguero , I hate this with Chelsea
    we are always linked with big names ... wait and see we will sign Heskey...

He's made a great start but in all fairness the opposition has been pretty poor, lets see how does in the big games.

Youth's are through to the next round, they won 4-0.

Clifford scored a screamer as well.

I doubt it's the same person, but I was just watching the movie Y Tú Mamá También and listed in the credits, under 'Productores Ejecutivos' was one Sergio Aguero...

Didn't realise he was a film producer too... really talented lad!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Anyone thinking of heading over to the Inter Milan game at the bridge ?

• Advertisement

And the one over in Milan, hopefully anyway! The aul fella wants to go to Milan for the 1st leg, cash is a bit low though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

And the one over in Milan, hopefully anyway! The aul fella wants to go to Milan for the 1st leg, cash is a bit low though.

Deffo going to head over to the bridge , not sure about Milan , I will have to see how the cash goes too !

Hope there is a few heading over from boards !

Anyone else agree?

You can count me in on this !

Sick of going to pubs in Dublin with nothing but Mancs/Scousers/Gooners in them

I would go if someone knows how I could get a ticket?

I would go if someone knows how I could get a ticket?

I should have no probs getting an extra ticket, or some of the other lads on here I would say are the same

On a Side note , anyone heading over the Birmingham Match on the 27th ?

On a Side note , anyone heading over the Birmingham Match on the 27th ?

Doubt it. :( Preston away in the aul cup will leave me broke for that weekend/week. :(

I doubt it's the same person, but I was just watching the movie Y Tú Mamá También and listed in the credits, under 'Productores Ejecutivos' was one Sergio Aguero...

Didn't realise he was a film producer too... really talented lad!:rolleyes:
    Iolar wrote: »
    Did you fap to the sex scenes?lol

Haha! Nah, I didn't!!!

Oh hell yes... Oh very much hell yes... Hopefully loyalty points requirements won't be excessive as some games.

Haha! Nah, I didn't!!!

Oh hell yes... Oh very much hell yes... Hopefully loyalty points requirements won't be excessive as some games.

I have been to all the Home legs so far this season , I would be well peed off if the points were stupidly high.

Think I will head over to the brumie game , should be a cracking game , Flights with Aer Lingus are only €63 all in, to Heathrow.

8 loyalty points also , I will be having me some of that !

• Advertisement

I have been to all the Home legs so far this season , I would be well peed off if the points were stupidly high.

Think I will head over to the brumie game , should be a cracking game , Flights with Aer Lingus are only €63 all in, to Heathrow.

8 loyalty points also , I will be having me some of that !

Hmm €63 is tempting alright and I could do with 8 points!

Hmm €63 is tempting alright and I could do with 8 points!

Flight booked , ticket server is down for maintenance , I will pick that up in the morning .

The 8 points sold it for me

Clifford scored a screamer as well.

BOOM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Recieved my tickets this morning. Matthew Harding Upper,
    The 8 loyalty points and cheap travel fares are a real seller,
    Aer Lingus to Heathrow for 60ish or Ryanair to Gatwick for 30(though you'll need a rail ticket from Gatwick)
    Can't wait.

• Advertisement

Whats the earliest flight home on the the Thursday morning?

Whats the earliest flight home on the the Thursday morning?

6.50 am with Air Lingus

9.40 with ryanair,

Have 34 loyalty points , needed another 3 and could of picked up my ticket for the Arsenal game today , I am hoping they will still have some left tomorrow.

I could only get a Ticket for the West Upper for the Brummie game .

Where bouts do you lads stay when your over for games ?

EDIT : Lads is there a Chelsea Tickets/Travel section or does everything just go in here ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Fa cup in the bag? :D

There he is lads. :) Future Ireland captain!

There he is lads. :) Future Ireland captain!

so that's where Essien is

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement