Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I should have no probs getting an extra ticket, or some of the other lads on here I would say are the same

Ok I have checked flights etc and I would absolutely love to take you up on this offer!

how much would the ticket be and when might it go on sale?
    I would be happy to send 10% your way for the inconvenience

Also I will be heading on my own (have no Chelsea supporting friends,poor me!) so if anyone was up for a bit of craic over there, or even for paddys day the next morning in London I would be up for that

I can not imagine what it will be like when we greet the return of The Special One

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Home to Pompey in the next round of the Youth Cup. We have a fantastic team this year hopefully we can go all the way.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Ok I have checked flights etc and I would absolutely love to take you up on this offer!

how much would the ticket be and when might it go on sale?
    I would be happy to send 10% your way for the inconvenience

Also I will be heading on my own (have no Chelsea supporting friends,poor me!) so if anyone was up for a bit of craic over there, or even for paddys day the next morning in London I would be up for that

I can not imagine what it will be like when we greet the return of The Special One

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/TicketAvailabilityDetails/0,,10268~1909617,00.html

All the details are available here.

Ticket will be priced from £45-48 plus £1.50 processing fee.

I will more than likely be heading over on my own also as most of my mates are Liverpool supporters and are sick of me dragging them over to the bridge.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Johner wrote: »

Thats a great result for the club !

I really expected the usual attitude and the Club to be hit for the £10 million.

Delighted :D

If that hearing had of been a month down the road and he bagged a few more goals with Drogba away at ACON the club would of been hit for a lot more

For away games I've been getting a boat/bus over and on my own the journeys are very boring. Have brought the girlfriend over a few times but she didn't enjoy it all.

Have to get my Preston ticket although we have 6000 to sell so don't think they will be gone for a few days yet anyway.

Here's the latest entry from Essien's blog. :)
    TOUCH DOWN!
    Posted on: Wed 13 Jan 2010

Hello Everyone,

I have finally arrived in Cabinda, Angola after cancelled flights and a long journey through Luanda. The first thing I have to say is it's very hot! Sorry to all the readers in England and cold parts of Europe. I was going to tell you the temperature but I don't want to rub it in!

Being from Ghana it shouldn't take me long to acclimatise and I hope to be in the groove as soon as possible.

Before I tell you anymore I would like to express my sincere condolences to the people of Togo for the tragic events at the start of the tournament. I hope they can overcome the tragic scenes they witnessed as soon possible. Football unites us all and hopefully we can carry on with the tournament peacefully to bring joy and happiness to everyone.

The Ghana camp is calm and is looking forward to the first game against Ivory Coast. You can tell the boys are itching to get going because at tournaments like this you want to get your first game out of the way and settle properly.

I haven't seen many parts of Cabinda yet but the football fever can be felt on the streets with all the posters and merchandise among other things. It's in the news and on radio so you can't miss it at all and I am sure once I start training I will catch the CAN 2010 buzz.

What I find different here is that all the teams are in one complex so it's likely we will bump into each other more often than only on matchdays. It's similar to being in an Olympic village. Normally we are all in different hotels at tournaments but Angola have done it differently which is interesting.

I am only just settling in so will tell you more in the coming days however the best of what I have seen so far is the Mali comeback. To come back from 4 - 0 down with 11 minutes to go is a massive achievement by any standard. There will be some more shocks along the way without a doubt.

On a different note I will like to congratulate Didier Drogba for winning the BBC African Footballer of the year 2009. There were some strong contenders so for him to top it all is a brilliant achievement. Well done Didier.

Ess

What a man! :D

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/TicketAvailabilityDetails/0,,10268~1909617,00.html

All the details are available here.

Ticket will be priced from £45-48 plus £1.50 processing fee.

I will more than likely be heading over on my own also as most of my mates are Liverpool supporters and are sick of me dragging them over to the bridge.

excellent thank you, and do you think by the time they go on general sale their will be tickets available?

excellent thank you, and do you think by the time they go on general sale their will be tickets available?

I should have enough loyalty points to to get Tickets on the first round of sales to members and will deffo have enough loyalty points for the second round of sales to members.

I will pick a ticket up in each of these rounds then, the only problem is that they wont be seated together . I will also pick up two if they go on general sale at least they will be seated together and I will sell the other two on :http://chelseafc.viagogo.co.uk/

@ Joner : I picked up a ticket for the Preston match this morning .

5 Loyalty points and only £20 !!!

What are your travel plans for this ? I think i might head over .

I have brought the OH a few times , its just not the same ,although she trys to look into it, you know in your heart of hearts she would rather be at home watching paint dry !!!

I should have enough loyalty points to to get Tickets on the first round of sales to members and will deffo have enough loyalty points for the second round of sales to members.

I will pick a ticket up in each of these rounds then, the only problem is that they wont be seated together . I will also pick up two if they go on general sale at least they will be seated together and I will sell the other two on :http://chelseafc.viagogo.co.uk/

@ Joner : I picked up a ticket for the Preston match this morning .

5 Loyalty points and only £20 !!!

What are your travel plans for this ? I think i might head over .

I have brought the OH a few times , its just not the same ,although she trys to look into it, you know in your heart of hearts she would rather be at home watching paint dry !!!

I was thinking maybe flights to Manchester then the train to Preston but haven't checked that out yet.

But for €50 return the Bus Eireann eurolines goes from Dublin to Manchester Chorlton street, then the train from Manchester Piccadilly to Preston which takes about 40 minutes. The journey on the bus/boat is long but the bus is comfortable and a few pints on the boat usually passes the time well. It leaves Dublin on Friday night at 8pm and gets to Manchester at around 6.30. Train then to Preston around 7am arriving close to 8. Kick off 12.45 so a few hours to kill.

The bus back leaves Manchester at 7.45pm and back in Dublin Sunday morning at around 6.30am.

I have no passport sorted at the moment so can't fly with Ryanair. :(

I was thinking maybe flights to Manchester then the train to Preston but haven't checked that out yet.

But for €50 return the Bus Eireann eurolines goes from Dublin to Manchester Chorlton street, then the train from Manchester Piccadilly to Preston which takes about 40 minutes. The journey on the bus/boat is long but the bus is comfortable and a few pints on the boat usually passes the time well. It leaves Dublin on Friday night at 8pm and gets to Manchester at around 6.30. Train then to Preston around 7am arriving close to 8. Kick off 12.45 so a few hours to kill.

The bus back leaves Manchester at 7.45pm and back in Dublin Sunday morning at around 6.30am.

I have no passport sorted at the moment so can't fly with Ryanair. :(

If you were to apply for that now /tomorrow you should have it soon enough

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/More+from+An+Post/Passport+Express/

If you fancy some company I mite join you for the crack !

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Are we going to hockey Sunderland this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

no

kryogen wrote: »
    no
    But we will win and extend our lead on top of the league when Burnley nick a draw

CHD wrote: »
    Are we going to hockey Sunderland this week?

You would have to expect a result ,

The players should be well rested after a nice long winter weather break.

Will Anelka be back from injury ? I would actually look forward to seeing himself and Sturridge upfront together !

But we will win and extend our lead on top of the league when Burnley nick a draw

New manger syndrome :D

Stranger things have happened.

I would love it , absolutely love it :D:D

If it happened !

You would have to expect a result ,

The players should be well rested after a nice long winter weather break.

Will Anelka be back from injury ? I would actually look forward to seeing himself and Sturridge upfront together !
    Yeah Anelka is all good. Bosingwa back at end of the month too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

3-0 on Saturday, easy... Great stuff.

Also, just secured ticket to Chelsea v. Arsenal... Tired now. Back to bed. back to bed... back to bed very happy! :D:D:D

DazMarz wrote: »

Also, just secured ticket to Chelsea v. Arsenal... Tired now. Back to bed. back to bed... back to bed very happy! :D:D:D
    Im gona stay up all day so I manage to get up for the aircoach so lets just say I will see you in Charlsland at 4.45am. Will text you at 4.30am to make sure your up!

Lucky fecker btw!

DazMarz wrote: »

Got one myself yesterday , logged on at 7 and they only had the family area tickets ! Was sick as a dog thinking I had missed out !

I had just got a new ulster bank visa debit card and was having issues buying tickets on the Chelsea website , so there I was on the phone giving the lad from UB hell, him telling me there is no reason that the card should not work!

To cut a long story short went in to try buy tickets , clicked on the arsenal match by mistake and to my surprise there were extra tickets there !

I am happy as a pig in sh1t now

• Advertisement

If you were to apply for that now /tomorrow you should have it soon enough

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/More+from+An+Post/Passport+Express/

If you fancy some company I mite join you for the crack !

Yeah mate that would be good! It's my sisters birthday the 23rd hopefully she has nothing planned!

I went on to get an Arsenal ticket this morning but there is only restricted views left. :( Would love to go but I've never been in these seats before and don't know how bad they are.

Anyway, the match this weekend I'm going for 3-1, Sunderland seem to have lost form recently and I can't see us having to much trouble with them. Can't wait to see Sturridge from the start,hoping he scores to boost his confidence further and also great to see Anelka back we have really missed him.

Got one myself yesterday , logged on at 7 and they only had the family area tickets ! Was sick as a dog thinking I had missed out !

I had just got a new ulster bank visa debit card and was having issues buying tickets on the Chelsea website , so there I was on the phone giving the lad from UB hell, him telling me there is no reason that the card should not work!

To cut a long story short went in to try buy tickets , clicked on the arsenal match by mistake and to my surprise there were extra tickets there !

I am happy as a pig in sh1t now

Same thing happened to me, only yesterday. Logged in at 7am, on Thursday morning, and they only had the family ones left. DESPAIR. But was told they'd have more this morning (Friday) by a guy on cfcuk.com.

Grand.

Logged on again this morning. Checked... Family tickets only, no single adult ones... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:(

But tried again, and scored one. Fell back into bed very happy!:D

Should be a decent game tomorrow, the last time playing Sunderland was a cracker, 3-1. So hopefully...

Arsenal game sold out now. :( I should have just went with restricted view would have been better than nothing. :(

Arsenal game sold out now. :( I should have just went with restricted view would have been better than nothing. :(

Man, from what I've heard, restricted view means nothing.

I bought a ticket for my father's birthday, for Chelsea v. Man Utd.

Was in Matthew Harding Stand and had restricted view on it. Was worried in case it was crap. He said it was fine! Had grand view of everything and so on. I thought he'd be sitting behind a pillar or something...

but check out www.cfcuk.com and see if you can pick up some from there, or if worst comes to worst, I could get on to mates of mine in London and see if they could scare you up one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

didn't think there were any restricted view seats in the MH , only in the East upper behind the pillars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

If you are right at the back of the Matthew Harding lower then the view is restricted. A friend got tickets for there before. Luckilly there were some empty spaces by the left hand corner flag so we moved at half time.

• Advertisement

I have been in the restricted view before its fine , you will just be in the very corner usually at the back of the , I expected there to be a pole of or beam of some sort's to be in my way but there wasnt.

I was rite up back in the corner but it was cool because I could stand up for most of the game as there was no one behind me.

The restricted view tickets are only £22.50 also.

If you keep any on the Chelsea chat page you will have a good chance of picking up a ticket.

A lad I do a bit of work for has two season tickets , I will drop him a mail and see if he is heading over or if anyone is using his spare.

Let me know when your booking the travel for the Preston game , I will head over with you if you dont mind.

I have only been to one away match before and that was against Coventry in the FA Cap last time they played.

It was the most enjoyable match experience that I have ever had , The Chelsea away support is brilliant and let themselves be heard and create a cracking atmosphere !

Cheers mate.

Will let you know when I'm booking Preston, hopefully another one of the lads is coming along for the craic.

Hull re-arranged for Tuesday 2nd February, bah don't think I can make that, might have to sell my ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Best of luck for the game against us in the afternoon lads, I'm sure you won't need it though.

Any idea what your starting line up will be? I reckon ours will be:
    Fulop

Bardsley Da Silva Cana McCartney

Malbranque Meyler Henderson Murphy

Jones Bent
    As you can see, it's not exactly a team that will strike fear into Chelsea although we do have five first team players missing which would weaken any side. I was the the game at the Stadium of Light earlier this season and we did give you a decent game for an hour before we wilted and you showed your class (Deco was fantastic that night), and as we've performed terrificly against the top sides this season I'd be hoping we can do the same again.

I expect you will have far too much though and we'll go down fighting by the same scorline you beat us earlier this season, 3-1.

Best of luck for the game against us in the afternoon lads, I'm sure you won't need it though.

Fulop

Jones Bent
    As you can see, it's not exactly a team that will strike fear into Chelsea although we do have five first team players missing which would weaken any side. I was the the game at the Stadium of Light earlier this season and we did give you a decent game for an hour before we wilted and you showed your class (Deco was fantastic that night), and as we've performed terrificly against the top sides this season I'd be hoping we can do the same again.

I expect you will have far too much though and we'll go down fighting by the same scorline you beat us earlier this season, 3-1.

Heading over to this myself :)

Expect us to line up something like this
    Cech
    Ivanovic -- Alex --- Terry --- Cole
    Belletti
    Ballack
    Lampard
    Cole
    Sturridge
    Anelka

Predict 1-0, Anelka.

I don't know I'd say the guardian could be onto something with this
    Chelsea-Sunderland-squad--002.jpg

• Advertisement

Fulop

Jones Bent

That second half was one of our best performances of the season, but you gave us a scare in the first half. Bent and Jones will be a handful today as usual and I can see Sunderland scoring first, but then see us kicking into gear and winning 3-1.

I would love to see this lineup,

Cech
    Brana-Alex-Terry-Cole
    Belletti
    --Lamps---Ballack
    Cole--Anelka--Sturridge

Really hoping we see Sturridge from the start.

Anyway good luck to you too, but not to much. :)
    Heading over to this myself :)

Expect us to line up something like this
    Cech
    Ivanovic -- Alex --- Terry --- Cole
    Belletti
    Ballack
    Lampard
    Cole
    Sturridge
    Anelka

Predict 1-0, Anelka.

Have a good one man! Come on the Chels!

Essien's blog after yesterdays defeat to the Ivory Coast. Again a good read.
    DOWN BUT NOT OUT
    Posted on: Fri 15 Jan 2010

Hello Everybody,

I am writing this blog at a time when I am feeling a bit down because we have just lost to Ivory Coast by three goals to one.

I don't think we started the game as we would have liked to. We were a bit slow out of the blocks and paid Ivory Coast too much respect and unfortunately by the time we got back into the game in the second half it was a bit too late.

This is not the start we wanted and as such we have put pressure on ourselves because we must win the next game. If we draw or lose to Burkina Faso, we will be out of the tournament and we cannot afford that. Ghana needs to be in the next round and we have to fight for that when we play Burkina Faso.

On a personal note, I am feeling okay and the more matches I play the sharper I will be for both Ghana and Chelsea. I am not feeling any ill effects from the injury so I think I am fine now.

On a lighter note, I promised in my last blog to tell you about Cabinda but unfortunately I haven't had the chance to see the city at all. We are protected by both police and military men everywhere we go which is good for our security but we are limited by where we can go and what we can see. With all this security I feel like Barack Obama sometimes but I am not complaining. Maybe in the near future we will get to see the city and I will tell you all about it.

I think I will be avoiding Didier in the next few days because I bet he will be bragging a lot.

I will blog some more in the next few days as soon as I can!

Ess

Team news lads,

Chelsea are expected to line up in the following 4-3-3 formation:

1 Petr Cech
    2 Branislav Ivanovic
    6 Ricardo Carvalho
    26 John Terry (c)
    3 Ashley Cole
    13 Michael Ballack
    35 Juliano Belletti
    8 Frank Lampard
    10 Joe Cole
    39 Nicolas Anelka
    15 Florent Malouda

Substitutes: 40 Hilario, 19 Paulo Ferreira, 33 Alex, 18 Yury Zhirkov, 24 Nemanja Matic, 45 Fabio Borini, 23 Daniel Sturridge.

Ah Sturridge on the bench, good team though come on Chels!!

Sunderland: Fulop, Bardsley, Cana, Da Silva, McCartney, Malbranque, Henderson, Meyler, Murphy, Bent, Jones.

Subs: Carson, Zenden, Campbell, Liam Noble, Healy, Ryan Noble, Liddle.

I was spot on with the starting line-up I predicted last night.

Sunderland: Fulop, Bardsley, Cana, Da Silva, McCartney, Malbranque, Henderson, Meyler, Murphy, Bent, Jones.

Subs: Carson, Zenden, Campbell, Liam Noble, Healy, Ryan Noble, Liddle.

I was spot on with the starting line-up I predicted last night.

Is Cattermole still out injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

some great football from chelsea today, been a long time since we had 7 at the bridge

good to see the chelsea fans showing their solidarity will liverpool, singing "rafa benitez we want you to stay" throughout the afternoon :p

Is Cattermole still out injured?

Yeah he made a return from his ligament injury last month but suffered a few slight niggles and is expected back fully fit next week for the FA Cup game V Portsmouth. I suspect he'll be given an extra week to rest before starting against Everton the following weekend though.

• Advertisement

So I'm coming to the end of a 24 hour day of travelling on stuff just to see 10 mins of the game. Gotta be happy though!

So I'm coming to the end of a 24 hour day of travelling on stuff just to see 10 mins of the game. Gotta be happy though!

Why did you get kicked out of the ground like? I'd be pissed off at wasting all that money without getting to see the full game if I was you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Either that's a typo or the reason you were kicked outta the grounds...

mars bar wrote: »
    Either that's a typo or the reason you were kicked outta the grounds...
    Stuff that you travel on like planes trains and automobiles.

Why did you get kicked out of the ground like? I'd be pissed off at wasting all that money without getting to see the full game if I was you.
    Standing up and singing along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I met a madman today in one of the bars who probably starts fights for the lolz all the time.
    Follows Rangers too and is a orange man.

His daughter is a champion Irish dancer. Weird I thought.

Standing up and singing along.

That doesn't sound unbelievable at all if the Chelsea stewards are anything like their Sunderland counterparts.

A bunch of pricks who think they are above the fan who pays their wages when a small bit of power goes to their heads.

Get in touch with these lads: http://www.fsf.org.uk/

Let them know you were just standing up and singing, along with most of the crowd, and were turfed out. Also explain that you travelled all the way from Ireland to the game and only seen 10 minutes.

They're a fantastic group and are doing their utmost to rectify the serious stewarding problem in England.

Does anyone know mcuh about Joe Cole and his contract extension?

is it possible Ancelotti beilieves he is not the same after coming back from injury and may have one eye on a replacement (like Ribery potentially)
    or is it just tabloid nonsense?

On second watch I was very impressed with Ballack today, he played as well as anyone else

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Joe Cole was asking for 120K a week. He's not worth that, but I reckon he'll drop his asking price in favour of staying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement