Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

CHD wrote: »
    Standing up and singing along.

unlucky , you really have to get in their faces / swearing at them / pissed , in the mathew harding for them to do that usually, clapping too loudly in the east stand could see you ejected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

god all the rag sheets are all over a man city swoop for joe cole!!
    doubt wages are the only problem in his contract talks, this is the biggest contract of his career for his best years, I wouldnt rush it either!!

still no hint of a signing, the chelsea lawyers must be sure of avoiding this ban completely or we'd surely have made a few moves by now!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

J.Cole is muck and proving me right lately.

Stewards are muppets.

Next time I won't move!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

SSN reporting that Essien has gone to hospital while in Angola with a knee injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    SSN reporting that Essien has gone to hospital while in Angola with a knee injury

Yeah, inflicted by Drogba :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

First trip to the Bridge for me yesterday, could have picked a better game I suppose :rolleyes:.

Malouda still unpopular with some of the fans, and himself and Lampard didn't seem to be getting on too well yesterday, but for me, he was our most talented player on the pitch yesterday. A Cole was class until he went off, and it was a pity that Anelka didn't get his hat-trick. Sunderland offered no opposition at all, but you can only play what's in front of you etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FedEx

pfft ... next week we will be 2 games in hand with united ....

plus a game in hand over Arsenal ... I wish the EPL would
    sort out fixtures....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Yeah, inflicted by Drogba :eek:

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

FedEx wrote: »
    pfft ... next week we will be 2 games in hand with united ....

plus a game in hand over Arsenal ... I wish the EPL would
    sort out fixtures....

Why?

personally I would prefer to be above them by a slight margin with games in hand, we know then once we can keep the pace that we always have our games in hand to break away especially if they slip up,

psychologically they will not only have to keep up with us but no that their doing so isnt even enough as they arent competing at a level scale.

maybe thats just a personal thing though, im sure there are equal arguments for both camps

Essien out of ACON. He can return and be heroic in CL again.

• Advertisement

Horrible news that he's out for at least a month. :(

If you were to apply for that now /tomorrow you should have it soon enough

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/More+from+An+Post/Passport+Express/

If you fancy some company I mite join you for the crack !

Think I'm going to give Preston a miss, funds are low(:() and I've a ticket for the Hull game away so might try and sort something out for that instead.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Johner wrote: »
    Think I'm going to give Preston a miss, funds are low(:() and I've a ticket for the Hull game away so might try and sort something out for that instead.

I just found out I have a Job to do on Friday and it looks like it will run into Saturday :(

Sure I still have the Birmingham game and Arsenal game to look forward to !

If anyone wants a tickets for the preston V Chelsea match let me know , at this late in the day it will be a free ticket for you.

EDIT: Going to ask on the CFC chat page also to see if anyone wants the ticket

EDIT : Ticket gone to someone on Chelsea chat .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Essien out of ACON. He can return and be heroic in CL again.

I doubt it if this BBC report is anything to go by :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/8464319.stm

Two injures on the knee, sounds like a real bad one .

I just found out I have a Job to do on Friday and it looks like it will run into Saturday :(

Sure I still have the Birmingham game and Arsenal game to look forward to !

If anyone wants a tickets for the preston V Chelsea match let me know , at this late in the day it will be a free ticket for you.

EDIT: Going to ask on the CFC chat page also to see if anyone wants the ticket

A free ticket, Jaysus I might go then. :p:D

Hull on the Tuesday will be probably be too difficult, so I'd say I'll have a free ticket for Hull away too.

Reserves are playing tonight at Cobham.

Coverage starts on Chelsea TV at 7pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

So, whats the story with january transfers then, are we signing anyone after all the speculation.

Based on saturdays result it seems the squad is strong enough although I still have my doubts as some of the players are getting on in age and I still think we need another midfielder as ballack, deco are all past it or will soon be.

I don't think we will sign anyone to be honest. :(

C.Clifford, Matic, Kakuta, Sturridge, Borini all start for the reserves tonight.

1-0 up at half-time.

Sturridge scoring with a nice finish.

Great play by Sturridge, Kakuta should have scored. Should be about 3-0.

Sturridge off after 60mins played very well should have scored another perhaps, he should start Saturday. Jacob Mellis on for him hes back from a loan spell at Southampton.

• Advertisement

Oh Kakuta sweet as a ****ing nut that strike was. He has been pretty poor all game but what a strike.

2-0.

Full time 2-0 win, Wolves were terrible offered nothing going forward, good performance from our lads.

RESERVE REPORT: CHELSEA 2 WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS 0
    Posted on: Mon 18 Jan 2010

Goals in either half from Daniel Sturridge and Gael Kakuta provided a comfortable win for the reserves on a cold Cobham evening.

It was the first time the second string has played a home league game away from Brentford in more than two years, and a first time under the lights at the training ground, in a behind-closed-doors environment.

To mark the occasion, viewers on Chelsea TV were treated to an encouraging display from the Chelsea youngsters, Kakuta's long-range strike the highlight of the game after Sturridge had volleyed home from close range in the first half.

Wolves barely threatened, instead struggling to contain their more illustrious opponents as Chelsea goalkeeper Rhys Taylor remained untested for the entire 90 minutes.

Chelsea's line-up was a strong one, Steve Holland's selection strengthened by the recent returns from loan of Taylor, left-back Patrick van Aanholt and midfielder Jack Cork, while first-team experience was provided by Nemanja Matic, Kakuta and forwards Fabio Borini and Sturridge.

The Blues started neatly, the Academy's brand of short, tidy passing ably demonstrated all over the park, and while Wolves threatened on the counter, it was Chelsea on top.

Matic released Van Aanholt down the left just before the quarter-hour, and though the full-back did well coming inside on his right, his final shot was well over, no threat to Wolves debutant goalkeeper Aaron McCarey's goal.

Sturridge came a whole lot closer on 20 minutes, slamming into the side netting after Conor Clifford had picked him out inside the area with a smart reverse pass. It was a move that would have impressed the watching Carlo Ancelotti and John Terry, both wrapped up in a number of layers on the sidelines.

Carl Magnay's surge forward eventually found Conor Clifford out wide, and the Irishman's pull back found its way to Fabio Borini, who did well to work the keeper from a tight angle.

The majority of Chelsea's play was coming down the left, perhaps owing to the number of left-footed players in the side, Van Aanholt, Matic, Kakuta and Sturridge all favouring their left. That meant a slightly quieter time for the other full-back, Billy Clifford, who was making his first competitive reserve team start.

Matic's long pass from right to left found Sturridge shortly before the break, but on this occasion the 20-year-old's touch let him down, allowing John Dunleavy to clear behind for a corner, which was eventually claimed by McCarey after Magnay had won the initial header.

Just over a minute later Chelsea were in front, another set-piece providing the breakthrough. Jack Cork's inswinging cross from the left found an unmarked Sturridge, who volleyed calmly into the corner with his left instep as the Blues took advantage of a Wolves side lacking any real height.

Sturridge almost doubled his tally before the half-time whistle eventually blew, another intricate move involving Cork, Conor Clifford, Borini and Kakuta allowing him space in the area to get a shot away, fired straight at the keeper.

Neither side changed things around at half-time, the Blues continuing with the same diamond shape that had caused problems in the first period, Matic at the bottom of the midfield, Kakuta the top.

It was Kakuta who should have doubled the lead after 10 second-half minutes, shooting over from no more than 10 yards after Sturridge had carved our a clear opportunity with his direct run and pass from the bye-line.

Conor Clifford, scorer of a superb FA Youth Cup goal last week, shot narrowly wide from distance before Sturridge's withdrawal on the hour, his performance noted by Ancelotti with an FA Cup tie against lower league opposition to come at the weekend. Jacob Mellis, who has returned from a temporary spell at Southampton his replacement.

The change prompted a change of shape from the diamond towards a 4-3-3, Borini the lone centre-forward. Perhaps it was the period of adaptation that led to Wolves having their best chance not long after, Kyle Bennett poking a right-sided cross just wide of the post having run unchecked from deep to meet it.

At the other end Mellis was denied by the keeper after Conor Clifford had sent him through before further subs followed, Borini and Matic both making way.

The moment of the night arrived with nine minutes remaining, Kakuta receiving a Mellis pass, cutting inside onto his left foot and shooting high into the far top corner from 25 yards, ensuring his stock continues to rise around Stamford Bridge and this corner of Surrey.

Wolves captain Mark Little was booked for a challenge from behind on Mellis as the clock ticked down, though thankfully the midfielder was unhurt. Late subs Liam Bridcutt and Gokhan Tore both showed their differing capabilities in the short time afforded them, ensuring a very satisfying night all round, the only negative being a stoppage time yellow card to Mellis for a late tackle.

Chelsea: Rhys Taylor, Billy Clifford, Kenny Strickland, Carl Magnay, Patrick van Aanholt, Nemanja Matic (sub Liam Bridcutt 78), Jack Cork, Conor Clifford, Daniel Sturridge (c) (sub Jacob Mellis 60), Fabio Borini (sub Gokhan Tore 78), Gael Kakuta.

Unused subs:, Jan Sebek, Ben Gordon.

Wolves: Aaron McCarey, John Dunleavy (sub Jamie Reckord 75), George Friend, Mark Little (c), Matt Hill, David Davies, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Kyle Bennett, Ashley Hemmings (sub Jack Price 30), James Spray (sub Andre Landell 74), Daniel Jones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

According to a Chelsea chatter we're in for Fellaini willing to pay 12mil.

Essien will be out more than a month unfortunately, should never have played in that stupid CL game!

I wouldn't say no to Fellaini, I'm a fan of his, but there is no way he will go for 12million. Everton payed that for him and it could rise to 15million.

I wouldn't say no to Fellaini, I'm a fan of his, but there is no way he will go for 12million. Everton payed that for him and it could rise to 15million.

What is Chelsea chatter?

someone mentioned Felliani last week and tbh I think he would be the absolute perfect replacement for Ballack long-term

prising him away from David Moyes would be the hard trick though

His name is Asger he's on the shed chat on the website.

smuckers wrote: »
    His name is Asger he's on the shed chat on the website.

ah ok, has he said much else?
    I might seek him out tomorrow,
    When city were spending big or meant to be last january i started believign a lot of crap by "in the knows" from the blue moon city forum, I've since taken them with more than a pinch of salt,
    but obviously it is possible that people could know real stuff

Its impossible to know, for the record I will be very surprised if we make a signing now despite Essiens injury

• Advertisement

Fellaini's dad said last week that Chelsea were looking at him but Fellaini has since come out and said he is happy at Everton.

http://www.fansfc.com/story/18352.html

though Carlo did state that he'd dip into the market if there was an injury to a key player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

i reckon ye would be paying 20m plus for fellaini.everton paid 12m(raising to 15m) and hes a proven premiership player now and hes only 22.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

yabadabado wrote: »
    i reckon ye would be paying 20m plus for fellaini.everton paid 12m(raising to 15m) and hes a proven premiership player now and hes only 22.

United might buy him. I doubt Chelsea will.

We've been linked with a move for Flamini. Great little player, still young and did a great job with Arsenal when with them. Wouldn't mind him filling in for Essien to be honest.

Milan reject tbh

• Advertisement

He's proven in the Premier League though, him and Fabregas were excellent from what I remember in the season before he left for Milan.

Where did you hear about Flamini?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

heard them mention flamini on sky earlier alright, would be good signing imo

f365 have a link that reads "milan say no offer from chelsea for flamini"
    when you click the link the article is about milan not receiving an offer from city, may just be confusion.
    Ancelotti hardly seemed his biggest fan last year why get him now?

f365 have a link that reads "milan say no offer from chelsea for flamini"
    when you click the link the article is about milan not receiving an offer from city, may just be confusion.
    Ancelotti hardly seemed his biggest fan last year why get him now?
    Hopefully it is all BS speculation. Essien will return in 6 weeks. Give Matic a run, the kid is talented. Great touch and vision.

• Advertisement

Matic played for the reserves the other night, apart from one shocking mistake he did well, looks comfortable on the ball.

Matic played for the reserves the other night, apart from one shocking mistake he did well, looks comfortable on the ball.
    No point in having players like him if he isn't given the chance when one arises like this.

Hopefully he will get his chance Saturday against Preston. If he doesn't play him then we wont see him anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Had a terrible dream last night that Chelsea sold Essien to Inter for a lowly 5 Million! I hope this is one dream that doesnt come true.

V9 wrote: »
    Had a terrible dream last night that Chelsea sold Essien to Inter for a lowly 5 Million! I hope this is one dream that doesnt come true.

That's night a dream, that's a nightmare. :(:(

V9 wrote: »
    Script for a horror film right there

That's night a dream, that's a nightmare. :(:(

I was only slagging some of the mates who support Liverpool about how injury prone there top players are :o

Essien is looking like he is starting to fall in to this category :(

Hopefully the injury wont be too bad , on the Chelsea chat forum the other night, there were whispers that the injury could leave him out for a few months if not the rest of the season citing sources from Ghana web, although there was no web link.

I will take it with a pinch of salt until the Chelsea medical staff give there verdict

This is a horrible little injury. He had a horrible one this time last year too. He came back and was brilliant. Remember him scoring -v- Juve I think. He will return in 6 weeks and help us cruise through the CL. Luckily there is a little benefit this year in that there is a couple more weeks between legs too.

He will be back sooner than expected and be at the top of his game a usual. He is a animal.

070808_essien_wl.jpg

essien_2_1024x768.jpg

Essien, a legend.

michael-essien.jpg

Essien, A winner.

610x.jpg

Essien, Ain't afraid of trains.

essien_348092a.jpg

Essien, We love him.